Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2011, 12:40   #166
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Bringing home the blue teutonic beauty - VW Vento TDI Highline

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilshantanu View Post
The Bangalore motors service center is much better than downtown VW. I have to agree they do a good job

Next trip to pune Planned in April. will definitely catchup then :-)
Hello!
Vento-owners meetup alert!!! Even if it's close to 6 months in the future!

Better keep us all (Pune-Mumbai) Vento owners well informed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikon View Post
. . .
FYI pleej!
Old 8th November 2011, 13:22   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
Here is the Bandra-Worli sea link photo I missed in the last post:
Excellent Pictures!. Loved the Sea-Link Picture. How did you click it? Weren't you driving?
I mostly visit the sea-link in the wee hours around 2 am or 3 am. I will try to click it.

I missed the Vento Mumbai Meet. I'm game for the next meet. Will be the wingman of Ninjatalli.

Last edited by mikon : 8th November 2011 at 13:24.
Old 8th November 2011, 14:35   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Lovely pics! Don't know how I missed 'em before. I really regret not catching up with you and evilS on the Bangalore trip: that would have been a cool photoshoot to add to this!
Oh yes, would have been nice! I too came back only on 29th evening. Woke up late on 30th and dropped you an sms.

Quote:
The Bangalore motors service center is much better than downtown VW. I have to agree they do a good job
The only downside is, the workshop is 27 kms from my home!

Quote:
Excellent Pictures!. Loved the Sea-Link Picture. How did you click it? Weren't you driving?
Oh yes, I was :P. Let's just say it was a holiday and I was driving below the speed limit of 50. The view was too tempting to resist!!

Quote:
I missed the Vento Mumbai Meet. I'm game for the next meet. Will be the wingman of Ninjatalli.
Don't forget me! Might as join you guys if my plans to visit Mumbai then work out!

Quote:
Be Simple | Be Sample
Love the tagline!
Old 11th November 2011, 17:02   #169
BHPian

Hi Nilesh,

I would like to congratulate you on your BLUE Vento, although a bit late!

I'm not sure how many times I've gone through this thread dreaming about the Blue Vento. I think that's the best colour you can have on this car. I'm sure you might have heard this a thousand times. The pictures a treat to watch, specially with the Vento.

You know what, I'll be booking a Blue Vento in the first week of December and only I know how this thread has inspired me on selecting this colour. There is constant argument in the house and people are leaning towards a White Vento. Its time to show them this thread.

Seriously a wonderful ownership experience you have put up along with spectacular pictures. One small request - can i use this pic as a wallpaper on my phone???
My Blue Teutonic Beauty | VW Vento TDI Highline | 150,000 km update-20110703img_9656.jpg

Will give you company soon with a BLUE Vento

Regards,
Anant
anantu2001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2011, 19:25   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anantu2001 View Post
I'm not sure how many times I've gone through this thread dreaming about the Blue Vento. I think that's the best colour you can have on this car. I'm sure you might have heard this a thousand times. The pictures a treat to watch, specially with the Vento.
Hey, Anant, thanks for those wonderful words!

Quote:
You know what, I'll be booking a Blue Vento in the first week of December and only I know how this thread has inspired me on selecting this colour. There is constant argument in the house and people are leaning towards a White Vento. Its time to show them this thread.
That's like it! The colour looks regal or sporty based on the time of the day you see it! You will not regret in your life that you got it.

Quote:
Seriously a wonderful ownership experience you have put up along with spectacular pictures. One small request - can i use this pic as a wallpaper on my phone???
Thanks again. And yes, sure! Be my guest. I can even send you a higher res one, if needed. PM me your email address.

Quote:
Will give you company soon with a BLUE Vento
Aha! Congratulations!! Eagerly awaiting your experience!
Old 22nd November 2011, 00:12   #171
BHPian

A few updates:
  • Had my first tyre puncture a few days back -- a 4mm thick nail embedded deep inside the tire! When I was leaving office for home, noticed the partially flat tire (thankfully!). Took the car out slowly and drove to the tire repair shop a km away. to see that a tubeless tire repair costs 100 bucks! It almost seems like a luxury tax! And what effort do these guys put? Nothing.

• Did my first long commute in the city. Drove down to Electronics City for a pilot run at a newly opened company office. The car gave me a 17.7kmpl mileage for the 40 km drive -- that's about 150 bucks for a round trip including toll. What a pleasant surprise in inflation-hit times!! Imagine enjoying long commutes in the city -- I am going to do just that!!

• The Blue is nearing 10000 on the odo!! Among other things, I am going to pamper the car with a nice detailing job for the milestone. Will keep you posted!

• Recently, I had been to Lepakshi, home to a Vijayanagara period temple in Anantapur district, Andhra Pradesh. A relaxed Sunday morning drive is just what the doctor ordered for an overworked soul. Here are some photos from there:

The Blue, all washed and ready
    My Blue Teutonic Beauty | VW Vento TDI Highline | 150,000 km update-img_0987.jpg

Outer courtyard of the Veerabhadra temple
    My Blue Teutonic Beauty | VW Vento TDI Highline | 150,000 km update-20111106img_0010.jpg

Some exquisitely detailed ceiling murals, depicting Lord Shiva, the Ramayana and Mahabharata
    My Blue Teutonic Beauty | VW Vento TDI Highline | 150,000 km update-20111106img_0012.jpg
    My Blue Teutonic Beauty | VW Vento TDI Highline | 150,000 km update-img_0994.jpg

Superbly carved pillars in the temple
    My Blue Teutonic Beauty | VW Vento TDI Highline | 150,000 km update-20111106img_0076.jpg
    My Blue Teutonic Beauty | VW Vento TDI Highline | 150,000 km update-20111106img_0070.jpg

Shiva Lingam and the Naga supposedly carved from a single stone:
    My Blue Teutonic Beauty | VW Vento TDI Highline | 150,000 km update-20111106img_0019.jpg

Ruins of a "Kalyana Mantapa" -- marriage hall attached to the temple
    My Blue Teutonic Beauty | VW Vento TDI Highline | 150,000 km update-kalyana_mandapa.jpg
    My Blue Teutonic Beauty | VW Vento TDI Highline | 150,000 km update-20111106img_0034.jpg

Statue of Lord Ganesha
    My Blue Teutonic Beauty | VW Vento TDI Highline | 150,000 km update-20111106img_0040.jpg

A common hoopoe enjoying the view from the top
    My Blue Teutonic Beauty | VW Vento TDI Highline | 150,000 km update-20111106img_0048.jpg

Last edited by nileshch : 22nd November 2011 at 00:15.
nileshch is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2011, 10:23   #172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A few updates:
  • Had my first tyre puncture a few days back -- a 4mm thick nail embedded deep inside the tire! When I was leaving office for home, noticed the partially flat tire (thankfully!). Took the car out slowly and drove to the tire repair shop a km away. to see that a tubeless tire repair costs 100 bucks! It almost seems like a luxury tax! And what effort do these guys put? Nothing.
Sad to know @ your first puncture. The time & effort (material included) for the tubeless tyre puncture removal is not worth even 50 bucks, they don't even require to unmount the tyre from the rim as is the case with tubed types. Few months back I was royally screwed by a tyre repair wallah. He charged me (hold your breath), Rs 650/- for fixing 3 punctures & a self indicted valve damage (details here in this message # 21--> http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...-beyond-2.html

Since that day, I had sworn never ever to visit a tyre repair shop for puncture removal. I have purchased two tubeless tyre valves (Rs 40/- each) & kept them as a spare in the car, along with a tubeless tyre puncture repair kit. Have removed 3 punctures myself at home, since then. This has come in handy --> http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...-puncture.html

Quote:
Recently, I had been to Lepakshi, home to a Vijayanagara period temple in Anantapur district, Andhra Pradesh. A relaxed Sunday morning drive is just what the doctor ordered for an overworked soul. Here are some photos from there:
Fantastic snaps, your frames are always a treat to watch, keep them coming. Sometime in the near future I will surely make it a point to visit Lepakshi, had been on my radar, but saw it in pictures for the first time.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2011, 05:27   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian
Sad to know @ your first puncture. The time & effort (material included) for the tubeless tyre puncture removal is not worth even 50 bucks, they don't even require to unmount the tyre from the rim as is the case with tubed types. Few months back I was royally screwed by a tyre repair wallah. He charged me (hold your breath), Rs 650/- for fixing 3 punctures & a self indicted valve damage (details here in this message # 21--> http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...-beyond-2.html

Since that day, I had sworn never ever to visit a tyre repair shop for puncture removal. I have purchased two tubeless tyre valves (Rs 40/- each) & kept them as a spare in the car, along with a tubeless tyre puncture repair kit. Have removed 3 punctures myself at home, since then. This has come in handy --> http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...-puncture.html

Fantastic snaps, your frames are always a treat to watch, keep them coming. Sometime in the near future I will surely make it a point to visit Lepakshi, had been on my radar, but saw it in pictures for the first time.
Thanks, Autoindian. I too am going to get a tubeless tyre puncture kit immediately. Doesn't make sense paying through the nose for small things that I can do myself.
Old 25th November 2011, 10:59   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, Autoindian. I too am going to get a tubeless tyre puncture kit immediately. Doesn't make sense paying through the nose for small things that I can do myself.
Wwhere do you plan to buy it from ? ebay ?
Old 25th November 2011, 11:18   #175
BHPian

Quote:
The Blue is nearing 10000 on the odo!! Among other things, I am going to pamper the car with a nice detailing job for the milestone. Will keep you posted!
Excellent pictures!. The blue looks amazing. (Theres a song.. I'm blue daba dee daba dee )

Please let us know the detailing job you are planning to do. I'm nearing 21000 kms and the car desperately needs a detailing job. I'll give it for a wax polish probably.
Old 25th November 2011, 13:43   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Wwhere do you plan to buy it from ? ebay ?
Not sure! But I'll visit some shop and check them out before I buy from eBay.

Quote:
Excellent pictures!. The blue looks amazing. (Theres a song.. I'm blue daba dee daba dee )
Haha Going to get that Scatman song on my iPhone The Blue should be happy.

Quote:
Please let us know the detailing job you are planning to do. I'm nearing 21000 kms and the car desperately needs a detailing job. I'll give it for a wax polish probably.
Found out from the forums that I have two choices here in Bangalore -- 3M and 'Ultimate Detailerz'. Yet to evaluate which to go for and what treatment to get done!

Last edited by nileshch : 25th November 2011 at 13:52.
Old 9th December 2011, 19:19   #177
BHPian

Aha, long long silence. I've been busy last few weeks. Well, the good news is another Mumbai round trip is planned pretty soon. Going to enjoy the open roads once again!!
Old 10th December 2011, 01:52   #178
Senior - BHPian

Nice to hear that nileshch. Couple of suggestions from my side -

- Carry a torch with you on the car if you dont carry one already, will really be required if you want to jack the car to change the tyre after dark.
- Practice using the jack once to get comfortable with the way it works. So that you dont have to open the manual and try figuring out the way it works in the time of need.

I committed both the mistakes you see .

P.S - Best advice I could give you is to change those stock tyres to something better before the trip!

Quote:
Aha, long long silence. I've been busy last few weeks. Well, the good news is another Mumbai round trip is planned pretty soon. Going to enjoy the open roads once again!!
Old 10th December 2011, 07:48   #179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
Nice to hear that nileshch. Couple of suggestions from my side -

- Carry a torch with you on the car if you dont carry one already, will really be required if you want to jack the car to change the tyre after dark.
- Practice using the jack once to get comfortable with the way it works. So that you dont have to open the manual and try figuring out the way it works in the time of need.

I committed both the mistakes you see .

P.S - Best advice I could give you is to change those stock tyres to something better before the trip!
Thanks for the advice Bala. Mistakes teach you the hard way!

I have a torch in the car alright. But ever since I got the car, I wanted to try out the jack and keep forgetting every time! Will do it this weekend.
Old 10th December 2011, 21:13   #180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the advice Bala. Mistakes teach you the hard way!

I have a torch in the car alright. But ever since I got the car, I wanted to try out the jack and keep forgetting every time! Will do it this weekend.
Buddy one more point - when you unmount any wheel ( in case of any puncture) please note that there is one (bloody) expensive VW logo that covers the wheel central hub which can fall loose . I learnt it the hard way , I lost mine when I didn't care to check while changing to my spare tyre - in fact I didn't even know that the logo is detachable . Swift was a lot less complex

Bala's point about the jack is very pertinent , its puny so you got to practice using it - not only fixing it at the right spot but also even parking the car at the right spot . I feel that the jack's play is very limited so the margin of error is a bit tricky - in case of undulating terrain or because of soft ground if the jack goes down even by an inch then you maybe in a spot of bother

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks