Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2013, 16:55   #316
BHPian

re: My Blue Teutonic Beauty | VW Vento TDI Highline | 150,000 km update

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvytla View Post
Not as low as the Vento as I have used a swift and an accent earlier and they were pretty decently located. But I am scared with this one :(
There is a cover to the compartment which protects pretty well from the stray stone or flying gravel. Haven't heard of a single incident of sump damage from Ventonians on TBHP so far.

I've had one incident when the cover came off when in my zeal, after having over-confidence in the ground clearance capabilities of the vento, went off road over some undulations. The cover came off but there was no physical damage inside.

You can rest assured that Vento can handle Indian roads very well, unless you want to follow an SUV into the woods!
Old 11th July 2013, 15:42   #317

The ground clearance of the Vento is excellent especially when compared with the likes of the Honda City. However Im concerned with one thing. On odd occasions that i clear a speed bump, (Chennai's speed breakers are smaller than the ones in Bangalore but oddly shaped on most roads) the rear suspension seems to hit the bump with a heart wrenching thud. I try to be careful especially when i exit the bump as this seems to happen when i accelerate a little after the rear wheels ascend the bump, but invariably 3 out of 10 times the rear ends up hitting the bump.
Old 11th July 2013, 23:42   #318
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seshadri Kannan View Post
The ground clearance of the Vento is excellent especially when compared with the likes of the Honda City. However Im concerned with one thing. On odd occasions that i clear a speed bump, (Chennai's speed breakers are smaller than the ones in Bangalore but oddly shaped on most roads) the rear suspension seems to hit the bump with a heart wrenching thud. I try to be careful especially when i exit the bump as this seems to happen when i accelerate a little after the rear wheels ascend the bump, but invariably 3 out of 10 times the rear ends up hitting the bump.
Yes, the Vento thud is quite infamous in the Vento thread. However there is nothing worry about if you think this is causing some damage. THe only issue is the sound is heart wrenching

THe solution -- reduce pressure in the rear tires to match the recommended pressures (you can find this behind the fuel inlet flap). Or drive slowly over bumpers!
nileshch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2015, 02:24   #319
BHPian

Re: Bringing home the blue teutonic beauty - VW Vento TDI Highline

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
These are 6.5". Yes, used wooden spacers.
Opening up a 4 year old thread.
Nileshch, do you have any fotos of the spacers that were used. Got my speakers replaced about 2 weeks back. The Accessory guys just could not use any of the spacers they had, since they were obstructing the door pad. Finally I asked them to screw the speakers directly on to the door. The sound quality has increased greatly, but I have a feeling that some metallic vibration is also coming through when music is played on a higher volume. May be my mind playing tricks .
Few days back when I had gone to the VW ASC, I asked the accessory chap over there how they replace the speakers, and he said that no spacers were used, and the speakers were screwed directly on to the doors.
Any suggestions ?
Old 19th January 2015, 23:31   #320
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPTAIN REX View Post
Opening up a 4 year old thread.
Nileshch, do you have any fotos of the spacers that were used. Got my speakers replaced about 2 weeks back. The Accessory guys just could not use any of the spacers they had, since they were obstructing the door pad. Finally I asked them to screw the speakers directly on to the door. The sound quality has increased greatly, but I have a feeling that some metallic vibration is also coming through when music is played on a higher volume. May be my mind playing tricks .
Few days back when I had gone to the VW ASC, I asked the accessory chap over there how they replace the speakers, and he said that no spacers were used, and the speakers were screwed directly on to the doors.
Any suggestions ?
Sorry, unfortunately I did not take pictures of the wooden spacers when they were installed! You do need them (along with the sound damping sheets) to reduce the vibrations, more so on the doors.

The VW guy is right, the OEM speakers did not have any spacers, because they dont need them anyway. The OEM speakers are lower in quality and produce a horrible vibration at high volumes.

Cant ask you to call the shop from where I got the spacers fitted, since you are in Chennai. The suggestion I can give is to check with a dedicated car audio dealer there.
Old 8th October 2015, 12:04   #321
BHPian

Quote:
Aaah Nilesh! Finally found you.
Nice write-up. Time to bump up the thread I guess! How many KM done now?
aneezan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2015, 10:39   #322
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneezan View Post
Aaah Nilesh! Finally found you.
Nice write-up. Time to bump up the thread I guess! How many KM done now?
Thanks Aneez. I guess yes. I am touching 60,000 kms now. Trying to get some inspiration to write about all the stuff done with and on the car though.

But briefly -- No major issues so far. I have done my 4th service in April and the car is going on superb. Done many trips in the last year or so: multiple times to Kerala, North Karnataka and Mumbai!
Old 14th October 2015, 23:54   #323
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Aneez. I guess yes. I am touching 60,000 kms now. Trying to get some inspiration to write about all the stuff done with and on the car though.

But briefly -- No major issues so far. I have done my 4th service in April and the car is going on superb. Done many trips in the last year or so: multiple times to Kerala, North Karnataka and Mumbai!
Ha! So much for keeping notes - we seem to be at similar levels. Although not so much similar to @evilshantanu, @noopster or any of the other Vento oldies
- they clearly are over (or close to) the 100k km mark

Btw mine's at 62k kms, and the 5th servicing done.
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2016, 16:26   #324
BHPian

Hey Nilesh,

Quick query: How are your CPC's faring? And would you still recommend them over the other brands? (am approaching 40k - stock apollos could give the american bald eagle an inferiority complex so wanted to see which shoes to go for next)
Old 21st September 2022, 16:47   #325
BHPian

Quick update after a long long time and very many kms, 11 years and 1.5L kms to be precise.

My Blue Teutonic Beauty | VW Vento TDI Highline | 150,000 km update-img_9335.jpeg

Just before COVID I was looking around for a new replacement car. Odo at that time was at around 1L kms. Two years have passed, but still extending my ownership for another year or so. Why let go of a beautifully performing car? I'd shortlisted the new Octavia and was waiting for the launch. As the pandemic hit, I dropped all plans and decided to wait for two more years.

This is how good this car is performing. In the last 4 years, I had only a couple of issues - ABS sensor failure and injector 'failure'. The injector failure was a loss of power during a BLR-HYD run. However, when I came back and took it to my nearest Bosch shop, the advisor told me to skip the injector repair and just use Liqui Moly's diesel additives. That did the trick for me. Engine's been running smoothly as I use the additive every 3-4K kms.

Last year, I had a tire burst going through a pothole at high speed. Went for wheel alignment and the vendor told me all 4 of my alloys are bent, one of them more than the others. So I did a little splurging on the car's 10th birthday and got it some neat 16" Momo alloys and tires from Hercules Bangalore. Yes, may not keep the car for long but still I was itching to spend something on the car
My Blue Teutonic Beauty | VW Vento TDI Highline | 150,000 km update-img_4873.jpeg
My Blue Teutonic Beauty | VW Vento TDI Highline | 150,000 km update-img_4886.jpeg

This year, I have done four 3000km roadtrips and the car continues to amaze me. I've always been a sedan guy but unfortunately now the family does not fit in the car comfortably so I might look for an SUV.

So there we are.

Last edited by nileshch : 21st September 2022 at 16:48.
nileshch is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2022, 01:22   #326
BHPian

Re: My Blue Teutonic Beauty | VW Vento TDI Highline | 150,000 km update

Quote:
Quick update after a long long time and very many kms, 11 years and 1.5L kms to be precise.
Wow!! In similar boat. My car is around 1.1 Lakh KMs mark and working well for the needs that I have. Now the problem is, where do you go from this car. If you want an upgrade, the least that you will have to spend is 3X times what we spent to get this car (Octavia).

I of-course have an additional pressure to change the car with the NCR diesel rule. But honestly, it feels such a huge waist letting a car is such good working condition to go.

Thanks for sharing. Reminded me of the time when many of us bought the car within close timelines of each other.

Rachit
Rachit.K.Dogra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2022, 18:58   #327
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra View Post
Now the problem is, where do you go from this car.
Very true, Rachit - good to hear from you! Nothing feels like an upgrade unless one spends a lot more amount. so yes, that's what I might end up doing in the future!
Old 25th September 2022, 09:02   #328
BHPian

[quote=nileshch;5406239]Quick update after a long long time and very many kms, 11 years and 1.5L kms to be precise.

It appears there are quite a few here who own VENTO and cannot let go of the car. Mainly because there are no value for money options.

Mine has done 170,000 kms and is in great shape. except for few Nicks and dings on the exterior there is no issue mechanically. I have been liqui moly injector cleaner and it has worked well. Prior to using the car was sluggish. It is much better now.

My alloys too are bent. All four of them and tyres need replacement too.

I see you are driving on MOMO. how much have you driven them and how are these when compared P4ST. unable to get these and looking for nearest replacement in terms of road noise and comfort.

I'm being suggested C6 or Blu Earth , but I think those will not match P4ST.
Padcot Prakash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2022, 14:18   #329
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padcot Prakash View Post
I see you are driving on MOMO. how much have you driven them and how are these when compared P4ST. unable to get these and looking for nearest replacement in terms of road noise and comfort.

I'm being suggested C6 or Blu Earth , but I think those will not match P4ST.
Hey Prakash, sorry for the late reply. Yes I have the Momo M3 Outruns and have now done about 28,000 kms with them. The M3s are apparently performance oriented. My experience has been great in dry weather on open highway stretches. Great grip on the road. My rating for these would be For comfort I will give them a 7/10 and for noise, it will be an 8/10. Wet weather: 6/10 (do not inspire confidence in heavy rain)

I have used the Conti UC6 and they have been great in the past. Blu Earth - no experience.
Old 11th October 2022, 13:15   #330
BHPian

I have used the Conti UC6 and they have been great in the past. Blu Earth - no experience.[/quote]

Hi Nilesh , thanks for the reply. I just saw your post now. yesterday I got UC6 installed.

I hope comfort does not reduce and noise levels don't increase significantly during mid life of the rubber.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks