Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2013, 14:06   #16
Team-BHP Support

Re: Mahindra A.S.S refusing to give invoice for spares changed under warranty

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnaganathan View Post
Can you please let me know if the practice of not issueing a list of Spares changed under FOC is acceptable? What are the remedies that I have?
Why don't you write to M&M's customer care and ask them whether this practice of the dealer is not a bit strange? It is also in M&M's interest to ensure that the dealer issues an invoice mentioning FOC for parts changed under warranty. That ways M&M is insured that the dealer will not shortchange them by showing 5 things changed FOC (M&M will need to bear the cost) when they actually changed 3. The customer will be able to note such discrepancies. Transparency in any business is what any customer anyhow looks for.

Just drop a line to them and I am reasonably sure you will hear something positive on this.
Old 7th January 2013, 14:10   #17
Senior - BHPian

Invoice should be given with cost marked as ZERO. If they are refusing to give the invoice, I think they didn't replace any part in the first place ?
Old 7th January 2013, 14:32   #18
BHPian

For the last couple of times that my Xylo has gone to the Service Station, I have insisted on getting a copy of the pre-invoice which lists all the work that is done on the vehicle, FOC or charged. That along with the actual invoice (zero value) is a good record of what work has been done on the vehicle.

For reference, I have got following work done FOC
1. Rear brake pad change
2. Oil change (due to negligence on part of A**)
3. 1-2 Gear synchromesh kit and all associated oil,sealant,gasket etc
4. Master cylinder and oil (incorrect diagnosis but got a new part!)

They know me pretty well as the A** now
Old 21st January 2013, 18:26   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Invoice should be given with cost marked as ZERO. If they are refusing to give the invoice, I think they didn't replace any part in the first place ?
Well I got a copy of the FOC invoice - but not before a showdown at their workshop. Here is the story.

After the 30k service, I noticed a few issues including a weak handbrake and groaning noise from the rear wheels when the car had to be braked hard or held on a sloping road. So I sent the car for fixing these issues on 7th and the vehicle was returned the same day after "Fixes".

Jan 15th - I took my WhiteStallion to my office on Mt Road which had a fairly steep ramp at the street exit. As I waited for the traffic to clear, the groan from the rear wheels came up again - this was supposedly fixed by the A.S.S on 7th Jan. That evening Mahindra Customer Care called me to obtain feedback on the Service done on 7th Jan. I was furious and gave them a poor rating citing the braking issues. I was promised a call from the A.S.S within 24 hrs.

Next day the Service Manager of the A.S.S called me to inquire about the problem and assured that he will get it addressed if I bring the vehicle over. I made an appointment for the next morning.

On Jan 17th, when I reached the workshop, the SA did a test drive and confirmed that there was a problem and that it can be fixed in 2 hrs. I decided to wait. For the next 45 mins, the vehicle was left untouched and then I was told that since Lunch time was nearing they can deliver the vehicle only after 3.00 PM and that I go home and return once the vehicle was ready. With two weddings to attend that evening and early next day, I was at my wits end and gave them a piece of my mind. The vehicle was then promptly brought in and two mechanics were assigned to check the rear brake drums. To my horror, they used a screw driver as a lever and a hammer to extract the drum. After cleaning and refitting it, the brake was tested and they discussed with their supervisor and promptly disappeared for their lunch. SM and SA walked up to me and informed me that there was a problem with the rear axle shaft and that they will need to remove it and check the bearings. This they said could take at least 4 hrs and they were keen on getting me out of their office. I lost my cool and demanded that they give me a standby vehicle while they take their time to fix mine. Once again they made me wait for their workshop manager who apparently had to take a decision on my request. While waiting for him a team of Mahindra Service Managers made an entry and one of them a Mr.Srinivasan walked up to me to ask if I wanted something. I explained to him my entire experience starting from the Aircon failure to the FOC Invoice refusal right up to the latest with the "Fault in the axle" story. After hearing me out, he apologized and assured all assistance. After another 20 minutes of waiting, I was given the Workshop Managers personal Verito as a standby car for the rest of the day with an assurance to provide a "Loaner" car the next day if my White Stallion was not ready by then. The next day I got a Xylo as a replacement for the Verito and finally my WS was delivered on 19th afternoon around 2.30 PM. As a complimentary gesture, they washed the vehicle and changed my blown out fog light bulb. Along with the delivery, I received the FOC invoice as well but was surprised to see that there were no replacements made for the supposed issues with the Tie Rod and the Suspension bush noise.
Old 24th July 2013, 19:25   #20
BHPian

Re: Welcoming home my White Stallion - The Mahindra Scorpio Sle 2.2 - After 40 k kms

@Mods - Can you please move this thread to the long term ownership forum please?

My white stallion has now completed 40k Kms. During these 2 years He has been a reliable guy and has never left me stranded. He has taken me to Bangalore and back safely at least half a dozen times in the last 1 year and has been my ride for many a drives - Chennai - CBE, Chennai - Coonoor, Chennai - Cuddalore, Chennai - Valparai - Adhirampalli.

However he has had his cup of woes at the hands of an inefficient and incompetent MASS team at India Garage, Guindy.

He has had his clutch slave cylinders replaced twice, the entire clutch assembly changed once, the Aircon evaporator and some hoses changed once. Now at 40k, he needs a replacement of a leaky Clutch Master cylinder, a leaky Power Steering Hose. One problem that has never gone is that he shakes all over (like a dog just out of his bath) whenever the engine is switched off!! Added to this the rattling of the gear stick would put a rattle snake to shame!!! When I mentioned about this to our BHPian Raghav of Ignite, he checked and recommended that I get one of the engine mounts changed as it was in a bad shape. Not sure if another one has conked off now.

His FE though has been very good with 11.5 to 12.5 kmpl in city conditions (100% AC) and upto 14-14.7 kmpl on the highway with varying usage of AC.

I am happy with him inspite of all the niggles that his makers left him with.

Most Viewed