Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2011, 10:09   #16
BHPian

Re: My new "Fluidic" Hyundai Verna 1.6L Diesel

@jk007-Hearty congrats on your new car!! Nice car and I am sure it is most suitable for your needs.Have a great time driving it safely.

Jk,since you are planning for a leather upgrade,why did you not opt for the (O) version with leather seats?I can see that you have already installed 3D mats.The OE HU is quite competent I believe-so do you really need a Caska or other after market HUs?Presently you have everything except Nav.Only my doubts.

The pictures are not very clear I am afraid.And more pictures,especially interior ones please.

Pl keep posting regular updates and enjoy the experience.

Last edited by charthom : 3rd July 2011 at 10:13.
Old 3rd July 2011, 10:59   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinj12 View Post
Congrats on your car,

And better Q pictures,please! The pics you put up don't do justice.
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
Congratulations, the car looks wonderful. I am yet to get a test drive in Bangalore. Was scheduled last week but got pushed. Now that i am away from town it will be done once i return. Did you test drive a petrol as well? If yes how did you find it in comparison to Diesel.
Thank you. Its better to drop by at the dealer. VW took 5 months to come for a TD. But, when you go to the dealer, you may be able to TD within 30 mins (if the TD car is available). Im afraid I didn't bother to check on the petrol. But, I can vouch for the diesel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghpk View Post
JK007, Congrats you've got the best eye pleasing car.
Can you share how long you waited since booking this ?

Also post more pics, take sometime out for T-bhp members and click more pics from dash board to boot, covering everything, this will certainly help us all.

Lastly, as I've already posted how horrible is Hyundai in our town, Its been months and still I don't get a test drive, mine is a small town, i am sure they are not interested in making efforts to sell another unit.
I would prefer going to another town to pick it up, if I am ever buying hyundai again.
Thank you for your kind words.

It took me 6 weeks to get the car after booking it just after the launch.

When a new car is launched and plenty of bookings available, this is always the case. The dealers now aren't encouraged to offer the Verna due to the tremendous bookings. So, they may not be bothered to sell you one. Ask them for a Sonata / Santa Fe, they may rush one in. This happened to me for the Vento. So I asked them to bring a Jetta first and wanted to TD the Vento, it was arranged within minutes. Hope this helps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireBug View Post
Congratulations on your purchase JK !. I love the looks of this car, it definitely got a huge road presence. Do post more pictures please ! Wish you a great experience !
Thank you! Its definitely a looker. Love the rear too. Will post more pictures and better quality stuff soon. Just looking for the battery pack for my camera, which I may have misplaced. So the delay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post
@jk007-Hearty congrats on your new car!! Nice car and I am sure it is most suitable for your needs.Have a great time driving it safely.

Jk,since you are planning for a leather upgrade,why did you not opt for the (O) version with leather seats?I can see that you have already installed 3D mats.The OE HU is quite competent I believe-so do you really need a Caska or other after market HUs?Presently you have everything except Nav.Only my doubts.

The pictures are not very clear I am afraid.And more pictures,especially interior ones please.

Pl keep posting regular updates and enjoy the experience.
Thank you so much charthom!

I wanted the rear LCD screens, for which I need to do up the leather again. So went in for the SX. I would have loved if Hyundai had an auto box for the SX variant.

CASKA, as I have mentioned, is for navigation and LCD screen. Are you happy with your CASKA?

Sorry, about the pictures. Had to take it from my phone. I am in search of the battery pack of my camera. Would post better quality pictures soon.

Hope your City is doing great too.
Old 3rd July 2011, 11:32   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk007 View Post
Thank you so much charthom!

CASKA, as I have mentioned, is for navigation and LCD screen. Are you happy with your CASKA?

Sorry, about the pictures. Had to take it from my phone. I am in search of the battery pack of my camera. Would post better quality pictures soon.

Hope your City is doing great too.
Nice that you are planning LCD monitors at the rear.But somehow ANHV is not an ideal car to enjoy the video from rear seats,IMHO.

Absolutely delighted with Caska.Please check out the detailed photographs of my Caska now posted on my thread.

My City is doing great-thanks for asking.

Nice detailed photos-that is what I crave for!!

Rgds,charthom.
Old 3rd July 2011, 12:38   #19
BHPian

Congrats on the new car. This is the best looking car right now. I have a question though. Is white the only color readily available? Because that is the only color I have seen on road and believe me I have seen many.
Old 3rd July 2011, 12:49   #20
BHPian

Congrats on your new car. That was a good choice and color too. And as requested by others, please post more pictures of the beautiful machine.

One question, how are the NVH levels?
Old 3rd July 2011, 13:49   #21
BHPian

Congratulations on your new car. Hyundai verna is a good choice. Please post some more high quality pictures and ownership reviews.
Old 3rd July 2011, 19:15   #22
BHPian

Congratulations buddy. Welcome to the club :-) Wishing you lots of Happy miles with your new ride..... Do post some nice pictures and share the specs of accesories that you plan to put like sun film etc.
Old 3rd July 2011, 19:17   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adentist View Post
Congrats on the new car. This is the best looking car right now. I have a question though. Is white the only color readily available? Because that is the only color I have seen on road and believe me I have seen many.
White and silver are the most popular colours but Carbon Gray is also doing great. I have seen atleast 3 different carbon greys in my area. White and Silver are also pretty common. I have not seen black/golden on the road yet...
Old 4th July 2011, 10:51   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post
Nice that you are planning LCD monitors at the rear.But somehow ANHV is not an ideal car to enjoy the video from rear seats,IMHO.

Absolutely delighted with Caska.Please check out the detailed photographs of my Caska now posted on my thread.

My City is doing great-thanks for asking.

Nice detailed photos-that is what I crave for!!

Rgds,charthom.
Just waiting for CASKA to launch their product for Verna. Im very happy about the quality of the video compared to other brands. One question, does it play videos from USB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by adentist View Post
Thank you! I guess fluidic_fan has already answered your query. I have seen all colors of the verna in my city. I guess it looks best in White, Black, Silver and Carbon Grey. I am not a fan of their purple or the golden.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingkolors View Post
Congrats on your new car. That was a good choice and color too. And as requested by others, please post more pictures of the beautiful machine.

One question, how are the NVH levels?
Thank you! Pictures of better quality will be up soon. There is very less vibrations. Theres a slight growl when you floor but awesome for a diesel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeepg View Post
Congratulations on your new car. Hyundai verna is a good choice. Please post some more high quality pictures and ownership reviews.
Thank you. Will do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluidic_fan View Post
Congratulations buddy. Welcome to the club :-) Wishing you lots of Happy miles with your new ride..... Do post some nice pictures and share the specs of accesories that you plan to put like sun film etc.
Thanks bud. Hope you are having a wonderful time with your verna. It has been a week since I got my car. And I'm Loving it!

As of now, only CASKA and some ICE upgrade. Im not a big fan of sun film. The aircon is pretty good to handle the heat. Might go in for a HID kit. Any additions to yours?
Old 4th July 2011, 11:02   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats JK, you are truly one among the lucky few on the forum and else where (due to the huge waiting period) to get your hands on the new verna. If Iam not wrong yours will be the 3rd Verna on the forum. Liked the first pic, of the headlamps most. Guess you had posted it in Verna review thread too. Reminded me of eye of Megatron from transformers.
Old 4th July 2011, 12:10   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you! I guess fluidic_fan has already answered your query. I have seen all colors of the verna in my city. I guess it looks best in White, Black, Silver and Carbon Grey. I am not a fan of their purple or the golden.
As of now, only CASKA and some ICE upgrade. Im not a big fan of sun film. The aircon is pretty good to handle the heat. Might go in for a HID kit. Any additions to yours?
Congrats JK, great choice! Glad to see another ownership thread for the new Verna.

I've booked my silver Verna 1.6 Crdi SX in June at HMIL Chennai (expected in September). My friend got his gold Verna 1.6 CRDi SX(O) in Ranipet and its turning a few heads already.

In my opinion white and silver look the best. I preferred white but my wife wanted silver. My 6 year old daughter wanted purple but I felt it was a little feminine.

Regarding ICE upgrade I plan to use my phone (Galaxy S) for navigation and for bluetooth streaming with the stock ICE. I only plan to upgrade speakers with the pre-outs provided.

Stanley will be a good choice for your seats because the SX(O) only provides art leather (PU), and nothing beats real leather. Will you go with a beige colour for your seats and keep the stock look?
Old 4th July 2011, 12:44   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Congrats JK, you are truly one among the lucky few on the forum and else where (due to the huge waiting period) to get your hands on the new verna. If Iam not wrong yours will be the 3rd Verna on the forum. Liked the first pic, of the headlamps most. Guess you had posted it in Verna review thread too. Reminded me of eye of Megatron from transformers.
Thank you! I know that mathranik, got the 1st in here and a carbon grey petrol verna in the hands of fluidic_fan. But, Im guessing there are a couple of others who have got theres. If not, delighted to be on the podium

Yes, the pics were posted after I watched the Transformers. So, a few closeups of the headlamps made their way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrome6Boy View Post
Congrats JK, great choice! Glad to see another ownership thread for the new Verna.

I've booked my silver Verna 1.6 Crdi SX in June at HMIL Chennai (expected in September). My friend got his gold Verna 1.6 CRDi SX(O) in Ranipet and its turning a few heads already.

In my opinion white and silver look the best. I preferred white but my wife wanted silver. My 6 year old daughter wanted purple but I felt it was a little feminine.

Regarding ICE upgrade I plan to use my phone (Galaxy S) for navigation and for bluetooth streaming with the stock ICE. I only plan to upgrade speakers with the pre-outs provided.

Stanley will be a good choice for your seats because the SX(O) only provides art leather (PU), and nothing beats real leather. Will you go with a beige colour for your seats and keep the stock look?
Thanks buddy. I wish you get your silver beauty soon.

Stock ICE is good enough. Speakers can be upgraded though. I have had the stanley leather in my previous cars and happy with them. It is easier to have beige on to match the rest of the interiors.
Old 4th July 2011, 21:58   #28
BHPian

Quote:
. One question, does it play videos from USB?
It is supposed to accept hard drives through USB.But frankly,I never tried.I will try out and come back.Sorry for the delay in response and for keeping you waiting
Old 5th July 2011, 11:22   #29
BHPian

@charthom: No worries. Do check it out when you find time.
Old 5th July 2011, 19:58   #30
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on your Fluidic.

Quote:
I took a quick and short drive as there were lot of people waiting for a test drive. I was happy with the interiors but not delighted. The blue lighting on the HU didn’t seem to work for me. And the wood trim was not even as good as the ones that were on my accent. Those looked cheap.
I agree 100%. The interiors of Verna is not in the league of its exteriors.
There is crome, there is wood trip, a bit of plastic.. They got it a little messed up.

Quote:
It has to be the super silent 1.6 diesel motor.
It is its biggest advantage over the Vento.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks