Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2011, 13:34   #61
BHPian

Re: My new "Fluidic" Hyundai Verna 1.6L Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrome6Boy View Post
Not yet, they promised me the car by the first week of September during booking. I called the sales agent a couple of weeks ago and he said that the allotments will happen on 10/8 and he'll have a clearer picture then.

While booking my car I insisted that I wished to do the insurance outside as they were quoting almost 10K more than the quote I got outside. They initially refused but after I spoke to the manager he agreed to let me do it outside. Thanks for the tip, I'll go for the zero depreciation policy.

I plan to upgrade tires to Michellin 205 while retaining the OEM alloys. Have you changed your tires or headlights?

I also plan to upgrade the speakers and amps. How do you like the sound system in the car?
Wishing that you get your ride soon.

Do upgrade the tires as soon as you get your car, as most of the OEM tires dont generally last long. I'm considering either an upgrade to 100/90 bulb or to go in for a HID kit.

Sound is OK. Thinking of going in for a minor upgrade on speakers and getting a CASKA for navigation as well.
Old 11th August 2011, 12:24   #62
BHPian

An Update:

Just completed a highway trip to Bangalore. And guess what, I have hit 1500 kms on the ODO. And yes, due for its first service too.

I enjoyed the ride. This time, after the running in period, I decided to see what my fluidic beauty is capable of, and I let its chains loose. It was pretty stable at 120. Touched 140 for a brief period with ease.

With two on board for the onward journey, we were comfortable and reached the destination without taking any breaks. Very comfortable for a 5 hour drive. On the return, the car was packed with 4 of us, and a bit of luggage too. The rear passengers didnt complain about the rear seats this time too.

The headlights for the highway are poor, and as per government norms, all the manufacturers provide pretty poor lights. I guess I need to increase the brightness a bit more for sure.

My friend was floored by the fluidic in Bangalore. He feels bad that he had wanted to pick the ANFF and now after seeing it in flesh, he is thoroughly disappointed.
Old 12th August 2011, 14:47   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk007 View Post
An Update:

The headlights for the highway are poor, and as per government norms, all the manufacturers provide pretty poor lights. I guess I need to increase the brightness a bit more for sure.
yep, i agree. i picked a white fluidic on July 13th, did a trip: Bangalore -> Erode -> Bangalore. The onward journey (Bangalore to Erode) was at night, left bangalore at 9:30 pm. The stock lighting is poor, at times i had to slow down completely and felt like holding a flash light for better visibility (exaggerating a bit ).
Old 27th October 2011, 23:31   #64
BHPian

HID Upgrades?

Hey there!

Have you upgraded the lighting? I have Osram NBP on mine and am extremely happy with the result. Especially since I did two 9 hour night drives last weekend.

I wanted to know how 90/100 fares.

Thanks!

tassem.
Old 28th October 2011, 14:32   #65
BHPian

Re: HID Upgrades?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassem View Post
Hey there!

Have you upgraded the lighting? I have Osram NBP on mine and am extremely happy with the result. Especially since I did two 9 hour night drives last weekend.

Thanks!

tassem.
Nope. I am yet to do it. Night driving should be avoided, within city limits too. had a tough time when it was raining hard the last couple of days in Bangalore.

How much did you pay for it? How much did the showroom guys charge you for it?
Old 28th October 2011, 16:19   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadguy25 View Post
Nope. I am yet to do it. Night driving should be avoided, within city limits too. had a tough time when it was raining hard the last couple of days in Bangalore.

How much did you pay for it? How much did the showroom guys charge you for it?
My post was actually directed at jk007

But to answer your question, I paid 950 for the bulbs. It was not done at the showroom. I just bought the lamps and installed it.

While its much better compared to the stock lamps, its still not the best during rains. But its easily manageable. I drove 6 hours in the rain at night this weekend on my way back from Kerala.
Old 28th October 2011, 17:07   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Do upgrade the tires as soon as you get your car, as most of the OEM tires dont generally last long. I'm considering either an upgrade to 100/90 bulb or to go in for a HID kit.

Sound is OK. Thinking of going in for a minor upgrade on speakers and getting a CASKA for navigation as well.
Have you upgraded your ICE yet? Waiting to see how the caska system will look in a Verna and how well it will gel with the controls given on the steering wheel!!
Old 1st November 2011, 21:59   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Hey there!

Thanks!

tassem.
Sorry, for the late reply.

I am pretty happy about getting 90/100...able to see the road very well now. The pair of Bosch lamps costed about 1200 i guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
Have you upgraded your ICE yet? Waiting to see how the caska system will look in a Verna and how well it will gel with the controls given on the steering wheel!!
No dude, did a few trips abroad...now I am broke. Caska is pretty good. Have seen the caska fitted in a civic, city, fabia and swift all of them looked good. Go for it.
Old 8th November 2011, 20:43   #69
BHPian

Quote:
My post was actually directed at jk007

But to answer your question, I paid 950 for the bulbs. It was not done at the showroom. I just bought the lamps and installed it.

While its much better compared to the stock lamps, its still not the best during rains. But its easily manageable. I drove 6 hours in the rain at night this weekend on my way back from Kerala.

oops okies. Thank you for input on the lamps.
Old 8th November 2011, 22:37   #70
BHPian

Quote:

Does Hyundai revoke warranty for tire upgrades or for any other kind of upgrade?
Old 8th November 2011, 23:25   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeshmani View Post
Does Hyundai revoke warranty for tire upgrades or for any other kind of upgrade?
IMO, generally, some of the dealers are a bit fussy. My Skoda dealer said an upgrade of the horn would revoke the warranty. I always wondered how a mere change of horn would spoil a car and lead to revocation of the warranty. Such are the rules laid by the auto industry.

The dealer / company cannot revoke unless there is major violation, ie. the tires being too wide which may result in damaging the suspension and only such dramatic changes may result in revocation of the warranty.

Anyways, what exactly are you trying to upgrade?
Old 15th May 2012, 03:37   #72
BHPian

Hello Jk,

I am planning on buying the Fluidic verna.
I must say its one great looker.

SInce a long time youve not updated this thread!

The car would be basically for my dad to be chaffer driven in and we are planning on the diesel variant.

My dad currently travels in a xylo and he finds it just perfect except for the undulated body roll, which is pushing to go for a sedan.

I would like to ask for your recommendation?
Your current average?
Any issues youve faced?

Waiting for your reply

I will be most probably TDing the vehicle by this week, after my exams get over.
Old 15th May 2012, 04:06   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by don_carmaster View Post
I am planning on buying the Fluidic verna.
I must say its one great looker.

The car would be basically for my dad to be chaffer driven in and we are planning on the diesel variant.

My dad currently travels in a xylo and he finds it just perfect except for the undulated body roll, which is pushing to go for a sedan.

I would like to ask for your recommendation?
Your current average?
Any issues youve faced?

Waiting for your reply

I will be most probably TDing the vehicle by this week, after my exams get over.
The car is awesome but with a few niggles like any other car. I am not sure if your dad would really be comfortable in the back seat after the much roomier Xylo. Of the 9100 kms on the ODO, I would have driven nearly 9000 kms myself, so I may not be competent to answer how it feels to be chauffeured. But, I guess I love driving it.

Its hand down the best car for the city driving conditions with softer suspension, super-light steering, the must-have reverse camera and a decent fuel economy that doesn't dent your pocket. I got my suspension checked at the time of service and since then have not faced any major issue from the suspension.

Always a TD is the most sensible thing to do before you buy a car. And all the best for your exams!
Old 22nd May 2012, 13:56   #74

Quote:
Its hand down the best car for the city driving conditions with softer suspension, super-light steering, the must-have reverse camera and a decent fuel economy that doesn't dent your pocket. I got my suspension checked at the time of service and since then have not faced any major issue from the suspension.
Dear jk007, will appreciate if you could respond on these three aspects:

* How much fuel economy are you getting?
* Is there a slight bumping up and down at high speeds on the highway?
* The steering wheel seem to react to every pothole on the road

The last two minor things I noticed on a (much driven) test drive car recently. May not amount to much, but wanted to know.
Old 23rd May 2012, 18:13   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alli.gator View Post
* How much fuel economy are you getting?
At first, it was around 17 kmpl, but, since a few months due to increased traffic, it has dropped to 14-15 kmpl. You can expect 15 kmpl in horrid traffic conditions. In the highways, I have managed 26 kmpl with ease.

Quote:
* Is there a slight bumping up and down at high speeds on the highway?

The last two minor things I noticed on a (much driven) test drive car recently. May not amount to much, but wanted to know.
It may start to be a bit bumpy on uneven roads at 120 kmph, but after a suspension adjustment and reducing the tire pressue by 2 PSI from the recommended 32 PSI. There has been a great improvement in drive-ability.

Quote:

I don't seem to understand your question. You don't get any feedback. Since, the steering is light, you may feel it too responsive. But, again the tire pressure at 30 PSI, makes things better.

Most Viewed