Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2012, 10:39   #76

Re: My new "Fluidic" Hyundai Verna 1.6L Diesel

Thanks @jk007.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk007 View Post
I don't seem to understand your question. You don't get any feedback. Since, the steering is light, you may feel it too responsive. But, again the tire pressure at 30 PSI, makes things better.
I did mean feedback, and not that it is too responsive (that too though). The steering wheel was slightly jerking back and forth on potholes and speedbreakers, but then may be it was an issue with the TD vehicle. Thanks for your update.
Old 24th May 2012, 23:23   #77
BHPian

Congrats on your ride JK007. I drive a SX-O with 0007 reg :P
Little disappointed by its soft suspension. Planning to replace it with a BMW 320d within a couple of weeks.

Wish you tons of happy miles ahead. Rev Hard and Drive safe... Cheers!
Old 30th May 2012, 14:42   #78
BHPian

To all verna owners, I need a little help here. Posting the same question in Multiple threads.

I recently test drove the Nissan Sunny XV Diesel, Skoda Rapid Ambition and Hyundai 1.6 CDRi VGT.

Sunny observations
1) The Nissan Sunny is packed with features and I liked it.
2) Back legroom is awesome.
3) However, the power seems less and
4) I did not like the braking at all.
OTR Mumbai comes to 10.89Lacs for the XV version

Rapid observations
1) The Skoda Rapid is good. My dad liked this because the build quality seems solid.
2) No steering controls though.
3) Rear middle floor hump very pronounced. Did not like.
4) It has good brakes and good power.
5) The seating was comfortable but I would have liked some space besides the clutch to rest my foot.
6) However the steering and handling as well as gears were good. No complaints.
OTR Mumbai 10.4Lacs for the Ambition and 11.45Lacs for Elegance. I find the prices are very high considering that features are much less and the Ambition does not even have a music system!!! However the warranty can be 2+2yrs and 80K kms, thats good.

Verna Observations
Lastly took TD of Verna 1.6 CRdi Ex (with reverse camera). I really liked it. 1) Excellent look
2) Good power.
3) Brakes were not as good as Rapid I felt but much better than Sunny.
4) There is a dead pedal. Like that.
5) Noise inside the cabin is very less.
6) Rear space I felt was less than Rapid.
But the car is expensive too. OTR Mumbai 11.20Lacs. This one is w/o alloys and has single airbag. The next higher one costs 12Lacs. Warranty is only 2+1Yrs and 60K kms. Isnt' it less compared to competition? Hyundai not sure of their engines??

In the past I have also test driven the Vento but I found it uncomfortable for my height. I had to take the seat all the way back and down to get a proper seating position.

The DZire is also good but maybe the back space not as comfortable.

I have also driven a relative's Manza and was comfortable with the ride, handling, power but felt space to be a bit less up front when I compared to my SX4.

My dad would prefer Rapid and I would the Verna.

Car would normally be driven by me and 50% on highway. I have read a lot about body roll and not so great ride of Verna on the highway, is this true? I generally drive at speeds of 100-120Kmph.

Please give your advices. Since I also drive on highways regularly at speeds upto 140kmph and have to overtake from left side too, swerve at times, is the body roll really bad? Never have had this problem in SX4. I did feel the steering was very light in the TD.
Old 1st June 2012, 11:54   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesrani View Post
To all verna owners, I need a little help here. Posting the same question in Multiple threads.

I recently test drove the Nissan Sunny XV Diesel, Skoda Rapid Ambition and Hyundai 1.6 CDRi VGT.

Sunny observations
1) The Nissan Sunny is packed with features and I liked it.
2) Back legroom is awesome.
3) However, the power seems less and
4) I did not like the braking at all.
OTR Mumbai comes to 10.89Lacs for the XV version

Rapid observations
1) The Skoda Rapid is good. My dad liked this because the build quality seems solid.
2) No steering controls though.
3) Rear middle floor hump very pronounced. Did not like.
4) It has good brakes and good power.
5) The seating was comfortable but I would have liked some space besides the clutch to rest my foot.
6) However the steering and handling as well as gears were good. No complaints.
OTR Mumbai 10.4Lacs for the Ambition and 11.45Lacs for Elegance. I find the prices are very high considering that features are much less and the Ambition does not even have a music system!!! However the warranty can be 2+2yrs and 80K kms, thats good.

Verna Observations
Lastly took TD of Verna 1.6 CRdi Ex (with reverse camera). I really liked it. 1) Excellent look
2) Good power.
3) Brakes were not as good as Rapid I felt but much better than Sunny.
4) There is a dead pedal. Like that.
5) Noise inside the cabin is very less.
6) Rear space I felt was less than Rapid.
But the car is expensive too. OTR Mumbai 11.20Lacs. This one is w/o alloys and has single airbag. The next higher one costs 12Lacs. Warranty is only 2+1Yrs and 60K kms. Isnt' it less compared to competition? Hyundai not sure of their engines??

In the past I have also test driven the Vento but I found it uncomfortable for my height. I had to take the seat all the way back and down to get a proper seating position.

The DZire is also good but maybe the back space not as comfortable.

I have also driven a relative's Manza and was comfortable with the ride, handling, power but felt space to be a bit less up front when I compared to my SX4.

My dad would prefer Rapid and I would the Verna.

Car would normally be driven by me and 50% on highway. I have read a lot about body roll and not so great ride of Verna on the highway, is this true? I generally drive at speeds of 100-120Kmph.

Please give your advices. Since I also drive on highways regularly at speeds upto 140kmph and have to overtake from left side too, swerve at times, is the body roll really bad? Never have had this problem in SX4. I did feel the steering was very light in the TD.
Bump. Any advice please?
Old 1st June 2012, 12:45   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesrani View Post
Bump. Any advice please?
Hi,

My dad owns the old verna & I did TD the new one quite extensively.

Verna is an excellent car & is packed to gills with features & the new fluidic design too is eye catching.

However the highway manners are not so great owing to the soft suspension & the light steering wheel. These two things make it amazing in the city drive at low - moderate speeds but then on a highway @ high speeds it will not inspire the same confidence as a Rapid.

So you need to take a call on what is more important & works for you. Both are good buys in their own stead.
Old 1st June 2012, 16:22   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkaul1 View Post
Hi,

My dad owns the old verna & I did TD the new one quite extensively.

Verna is an excellent car & is packed to gills with features & the new fluidic design too is eye catching.

However the highway manners are not so great owing to the soft suspension & the light steering wheel. These two things make it amazing in the city drive at low - moderate speeds but then on a highway @ high speeds it will not inspire the same confidence as a Rapid.

So you need to take a call on what is more important & works for you. Both are good buys in their own stead.
Thanks for the advice. I will be driving 50% on highway. Will it be too uncomfortable if I drive at say 120-130kmph or the problem is beyond that speed? I did not read very good reviews about Skoda A.S.S so not sure on that. Have you driven an SX4, how does the Verna compare to SX4 in terms of handling.
Old 15th July 2012, 16:14   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk007 View Post
Thank you for the wishes! It does look great in white. Thanks to @mathranik, the first member to get the Verna. I had originally booked the Silver. But, changed it to the stunning white. Will definitely try to post more pictures.

Thank you for your kind words! 3D mats gel with the beige interiors and fit perfectly. Im very happy with the purchase.

I was expecting only 14-15 kmpl for the Verna. I am truly impressed with the diesel motor's efficiency.

Thank you so much. As of now only the 3D mats are fitted. I would like to upgrade the ICE and the HU to CASKA (when they launch HU for the Verna). Promise to put up better pictures in the near future.
Whats up with this 3D mats?? I am hearing about this a lot??
Old 4th February 2015, 19:15   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrome6Boy View Post
Can you please help me answer a question? As you know I've also booked the Verna and have a question about its ICE. I read in Matranik's thread that the HU has 2 preouts. I'm planning and researching what ICE upgrades I want to make and I want to know if the 2nd preout is rear / sub switchable. Does the HU have sub adjustment control? Please let me know if you have a chance to check. Thanks!
Hello Chrome6Boy,
I have ICE'd Verna Fluidic , i am pretty sure that the stock player doesn't have any RCA out. It doesn't have a sub adjustment control but it has a function known as power bass.Power bass has three modes for controlling bass level and it does a decent job.
I had initially installed a 2-channel sony amp and a JBL subwoofer using a Hi-Lo converter and the result was amazing. I would recommend you to get the rear parcel tray damped if you install a subwoofer any day or else it would bother you a lot.
197Horses is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2015, 11:16   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 197Horses View Post
Hello Chrome6Boy,
I have ICE'd Verna Fluidic , i am pretty sure that the stock player doesn't have any RCA out. It doesn't have a sub adjustment control but it has a function known as power bass.Power bass has three modes for controlling bass level and it does a decent job.
I had initially installed a 2-channel sony amp and a JBL subwoofer using a Hi-Lo converter and the result was amazing. I would recommend you to get the rear parcel tray damped if you install a subwoofer any day or else it would bother you a lot.
Thanks man, I cancelled my booking of the Verna and bought a Cruze over 3 years ago. My message was over 3 years old!
Old 5th February 2015, 12:43   #85
BHPian

[quote=Chrome6Boy;3638696]Thanks man, I cancelled my booking of the Verna and bought a Cruze over 3 years ago. My message was over 3 years old![

I had seen date of your post , still I posted because the information may be useful to someone else.[\QUOTE]

Last edited by 197Horses : 5th February 2015 at 12:45. Reason: quote error

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks