Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2011, 13:52   #91
Team-BHP Support

Re: When truck drivers go hatch hopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhilesh View Post
I dont want to argue but both the above aren't issue with the new Indica Vista. The difference between Vista and Indica is more than day and night. Why I am saying this? Because my cousin has one, from the initial batch and apart from ECU upgrade to solve the A/C problem he hadn't had to visit Tata A$$ for any other reason.
The car has done more than 55k kilometers and is quite badly abused. Even on the forum we haven't had too many issues being reported for the Vista.

All said the Maruti's aren't without issues too. There have been reports of weak clutch, busted turbo's with Swift and the rattles are taken for granted. All said its your wish. I haven't burned my hands with a Tata yet and might have the same thought process if I were you.

All the best for your next purchase.
Hmm due to immense pressure from lots of members, I am contemplating walking into a Tata showroom. Cannot promise anything. That said, please no punto TD request please, I know for a fact, that if you have a mishap, parts are hard to get, Couple of people with brand new punto's who had a minor accidents are suffering.
Old 6th July 2011, 13:54   #92
Senior - BHPian

@tsk:
If you want some more teasing, then one of my known person who has a TAXI agency owns an Indica Vista (TDI) the car has done 1,10,000 kms in 2 years and has stock engine, clutch and as per him no problems whatsoever. Another story is of Indica Vista Quadrajet clocked some 40K kms and just visited the
SC for oil changes and nothing else. So, think before you spend your money, as once spent you can only cry or laugh latter.
Old 6th July 2011, 13:54   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post

Whatever the reason, in the end a car should be nice to drive from an individual's perspective. Figo is not "there"

What bluetooth?
I am talking about EXI. That gets a 2000rs mp3 player

First of all your requirements are fairly simple - fast car with adequate space for your 6ft-2 frame and two suitcases (not many passengers).

Second you have a great deal of experience with Tata - you can handle any car.

Third - as a Figo owner I can vouch for the fact that Figo is very good in terms of acceleration etc. I can also vouch that Ritz is better (and IMHO actually looks better - even its kicked rear looks better than Figo's crumpled paper look)

IMHO you are wasting time - just go ahead and buy a Ritz.
Old 6th July 2011, 14:16   #94
BANNED

Quote:
Hmm due to immense pressure from lots of members, I am contemplating walking into a Tata showroom. Cannot promise anything. That said, please no punto TD request please, I know for a fact, that if you have a mishap, parts are hard to get, Couple of people with brand new punto's who had a minor accidents are suffering.
Why dont you take Punto's feedback from Nitin (Trace_Nut)? He has one and he also has Safari so he can perfectly understand your predicament.
Old 6th July 2011, 14:29   #95
BHPian

@tsk Just wondering are you forgetting the wider tires, taut suspension and body along with the super responsive hydraulic steering in the figo? Because these were game changers for me when I decided Figo.

And the bluetooth stereo was the factor that took me to Zxi.

Checking out every option is a good thing. Try not to end up buying a Punto/Vista.

All the best.
Old 6th July 2011, 14:52   #96
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedised View Post
@tsk:
If you want some more teasing, then one of my known person who has a TAXI agency owns an Indica Vista (TDI) the car has done 1,10,000 kms in 2 years and has stock engine, clutch and as per him no problems whatsoever. Another story is of Indica Vista Quadrajet clocked some 40K kms and just visited the
SC for oil changes and nothing else. So, think before you spend your money, as once spent you can only cry or laugh latter.
Exactly, with a vista there is more chance of crying. Speaking from past personal experience.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vina View Post
First of all your requirements are fairly simple - fast car with adequate space for your 6ft-2 frame and two suitcases (not many passengers).

Second you have a great deal of experience with Tata - you can handle any car.

Third - as a Figo owner I can vouch for the fact that Figo is very good in terms of acceleration etc. I can also vouch that Ritz is better (and IMHO actually looks better - even its kicked rear looks better than Figo's crumpled paper look)

IMHO you are wasting time - just go ahead and buy a Ritz.
Hmm that could be the plan
Quote:
Originally Posted by akhilesh View Post
Why dont you take Punto's feedback from Nitin (Trace_Nut)? He has one and he also has Safari so he can perfectly understand your predicament.
I did take his feedback, and punto was ruled out
Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_mba View Post
@tsk Just wondering are you forgetting the wider tires, taut suspension and body along with the super responsive hydraulic steering in the figo? Because these were game changers for me when I decided Figo.

And the bluetooth stereo was the factor that took me to Zxi.

Checking out every option is a good thing. Try not to end up buying a Punto/Vista.

All the best.
I am on a limited budget, otherwise i20 would have been a more serious contender. Points against i20 are "service costs" + "high initial cost".
The safari is at 70000kms, and a year from now it may require a change. Any money I save will help me in my next offroader.
Old 6th July 2011, 15:24   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hmm that could be the plan

That was before you opened up for a Vista - If you are planning to TD a Vista then well, Ritz is not the way to go, Vista-QJ90 is the way to go.
Old 6th July 2011, 15:34   #98
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

tsk definately would NOT recommend a TATA for you - but only because you have two already and one must taste all the spices in life. The TATA's today unlike 5-10 years back are much much more reliable, but yet why not try something else. So am totally with you on that and hence even Fiat does not makes sense for you for the same reason.

Ritz seems to be the one for you, since all else are eliminated. Would suggest you check up on the polo again if you are open to VW, or/and if you can wait for the NEW swift which should really be the one to go for. It will not be a lot more spacious in the rear compared to the current swift, but will be better and will have interiors that can be expected to be slightly better than the ritz with better drivability and to me even looks.
Old 6th July 2011, 15:54   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
tsk definately would NOT recommend a TATA for you - but only because you have two already and one must taste all the spices in life. The TATA's today unlike 5-10 years back are much much more reliable, but yet why not try something else.

But found it that tsk succumbed to the pressure.

Since you already have two Tata vehicles, there is no need to go in for another. I've sat in the Ritz (not driven) driver and rear seat, and found it to be a very comfortable driving position. I'm not very tall (5'11"), but the high driving position and ergonomics of the gear lever and steering wheel suited my preference.

I've also heard from reliable sources (Team-BHP) that the Ritz does not rattle, unlike the Swift. And since the new Swift is not really going to be any cheaper than the present one, I think the Ritz is the best option.

Personally, found the Figo to be too low. The roof line and seating position are just too (old) Zen-like for me to like. Personal preference, and it is a great car for all who prefer that position.
Old 6th July 2011, 16:25   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I guess I will buy a "rattle snake" as some people call marutis!
I guess you will be happy to know that, in all the Ritzy threads which we have here on the forum ,only a few have reported rattle issues with Ritz, and even if they have reported the rattles are gone after work by MASS people .
I own and Ritz VDI and me too 6'2 , and im really happy with the car.

I had reported a small rattle during the 2nd service and the service guys fixed the same,i have driven close to 12 k kms after that and that rattle is gone ( touchwood).

Also i more thing which people with shoe size less then 9 - 10 will notice is that the highly placed clutch , that some time might become an issue while driving in city traffic. For me ( size 10 shoe ) thats not a problem .

Yes, white looks the best in Ritzy
Cheers
Old 6th July 2011, 16:26   #101
Team-BHP Support

Yes, the ritz pedal position is an issue. I have reported it in my TD. But its an "acceptable" issue.
Old 6th July 2011, 16:35   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, the ritz pedal position is an issue. I have reported it in my TD. But its an "acceptable" issue.
You will get used to it within 15 days or so. Its more of an issue with owners who have a smaller shoe size.
Old 6th July 2011, 16:42   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Well well!!

So you are going to tempt fate is it?

As they say fortune favours the brave.

I do seriously hope though you do not lament your bravado after you end up exhibiting it ( in case a Vista ends up being your choice)!
Old 6th July 2011, 17:57   #104
Senior - BHPian

Since you have now come around to td'ing the Indica Vista. Why not complete the experience and review the Micra diesel as well. Atleast it will have some advantage over the 1.2 ltr engines in areas although the outright torque and bhp figures don't show much of a difference over 'national diesel engine'. It has to compensate for it somewhere somehow. Since your experience with other hatches except hyundai show similar concerns with top gear drivability, I am now curious as to what your position will be in regards to the Micra diesel.
Old 6th July 2011, 20:33   #105
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Did your swift never need a clutch in all those 100,000kms?
The AC thingy is worrysome
The clutch for Swift was replaced at 95000 - just to add to the abuse factor - it has been driven in Autocross for three years by two/three drivers in its way to reaching almost the 100,000 figure on odo.

But adding fuel to fire. I still find i20 a very refreshing long distance runner. Have done Delhi-Bhuj over nighters in it two times (that is four trips of 1200kms each) Left me fresh enough to do stupid rally work the whole day on reaching there!! Only issue was less than comfortable cooling by a/c during afternoon return trip.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks