Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2013, 22:38   #76
BHPian

Re: Plain Jane Toyota Etios conquers the heart with her soulful charm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mroptimist View Post
Perhaps that is the first case that dealership would have encountered but in my Etios VX (P) that problem started when the vehicle had run around 10,000 kms (The vehicle has done a total of 30,000 kms in nearly 20 months of ownership) and it took umpteen number of visits to fix.

Of 4 AC vents 3 were replaced under warranty and after few hundred kms the problem (AC vents rattling) resurfaced.
Has Toyota lost its famed quality practices with Etios? If so, Toyota is going to lose big time. But for the Toyota quality assurance, most of us would not have gone for Etios / Liva.

Quote:
This time instead of going to Amana Toyota Malappuram I took my car to Ravindu Toyota Bangalore and they rectified it by restricting the movement of the AC vents (now I can't move the vent 360 degrees but only 180 degrees).
This is a practical compromise at best.

Quote:
Currently I have some annoying squeaks coming from virtually all doors and I have lost patience to go to Amana Toyota Malappuram.
I'd suggest you take up the issue / grievance with Toyota on its Website.

Quote:
I hop in your case this particular problem won't resurface.
Thanks, but I'm actually concerned now.
Old 8th May 2013, 10:14   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantKarma View Post
Has Toyota lost its famed quality practices with Etios? If so, Toyota is going to lose big time. But for the Toyota quality assurance, most of us would not have gone for Etios / Liva.
Well Etios is made for India product, but we had different expectations from Toyota. To tell you frankly it's fundamentally a great product with certain glaring shortcomings.

Mileage with AC on is pathetic (for Petrol, I don't know about diesel).

It's the most rattling Toyota, period. (Not the most rattling car in India though, perhaps swift holds that crown)

The revised version of Etios is much better than the previous iteration in almost all areas.

Hope this helps.
Old 20th August 2015, 19:22   #78
BHPian

Hello to all.

I am glad I came across this ownership report. My dad drives a VXD (2013). The odometer shows ~7,500km. The last time I sat in the car (front passenger), even I heard a lot of rattles. Really bothered me a lot. Seems like this is not an uncommon issue.
Old 27th August 2015, 10:14   #79
BHPian

Hello. Even I've heard a lot of rattles in most Etios (especially Diesel) but there isn't a single rattle in my 2011 Etios Petrol (G SP) with 35000 km on the odometer. And ironically, it has been driven on one of the worst roads in Jaipur! Overall, I'm pretty satisfied with the performance on tap, it easily keeps up with the twice as expensive brigade. I still prefer my Etios over the i20 and even Duster (110ps) for that corner-carving fun to drive factor. Though I agree that the mileage is kinda unreasonable and even lower than the erstwhile City (though it might be due to my pedal-to-the-metal driving style).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks