Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2011, 15:03   #31
BHPian

Re: The car of my dreams (Honda City) is with me

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemingtonSteele View Post
If its Petrol then anyday ANHC is a great buy.
Now that you are already waiting for the rains to get over then I would suggest you to hold-on for a while for the festival season especially Diwali. You never know you might get better deals/discounts/bundle offers/insurance waivers/minor upgrades etc. coming your way.
Thanks RemingtonSteele would love to wait more till festive season or even for the face lifted AHNC (as speculated by many) but its irresistible to keep my hands off AHNC .

But am enjoying reading all AHNC posts and making notes. Eagerly waiting to start my own thread.
Old 11th July 2011, 16:04   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Hearty Congratulations on the ANHC VAT Raj! Wishing you unlimited safe & happy miles with her. Looking at your car history, you are a person who owns the car with attachment. That's becoming a rarity these days. Glad to see it really.

Also thanks for the details about the tax concessions etc. Definitely would be useful for a lot of people!

Sorry for the OT -
The RC says unladen weight = 1155. Is that all that the fully loaded V with AT weighs? I'm quite surprised at that number. I never paid attention to the City's weight factor really, but always imagined it to be pretty heavy given its overall road manners.

My Vista with a small 1248cc diesel (of course these are heavier than Petrol engines), has the UW as 1140 kgs. Thats a mere 15 kg less than the top variant City with the auto shifter's extra weight. Is that a reality? Or is there a miss in Raj's card? Vista's is confirmed since 2 other friends I checked with have also got 1140 on their cards.

Last edited by Reinhard : 11th July 2011 at 16:06.
Old 11th July 2011, 17:38   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post

The RC says unladen weight = 1155. Is that all that the fully loaded V with AT weighs? I'm quite surprised at that number. I never paid attention to the City's weight factor really, but always imagined it to be pretty heavy given its overall road manners.

My Vista with a small 1248cc diesel (of course these are heavier than Petrol engines), has the UW as 1140 kgs. Thats a mere 15 kg less than the top variant City with the auto shifter's extra weight. Is that a reality? Or is there a miss in Raj's card? Vista's is confirmed since 2 other friends I checked with have also got 1140 on their cards.
Yes, it is correct and there is no miss. The Weight of MT is 1100 and VAT is 1155 kg.
Old 11th July 2011, 19:10   #34
BHPian

Congratulations on your dream car.FE is as said before ,just as good as your driving style. car will always be a breeze to drive in traffic except for those pesky autos who just want to always jump in front when they see you coming.Happy motoring
Old 23rd August 2011, 16:51   #35
BHPian

Raj bhai,

Recently I have got new job in nearby city which is around 45 kms to & fro, so i am planning to buy a new Alto K10, seek ur help. You had mentioned in your opening post that a panel of doctors has to certify about our driving suitability. Note that I already have 'Driving Fitness Certificate' issues by Dept. of Social Health & Welfare, Govt of India. This certificate clearly mentions Manual Transmission with all foot controls should be modified as Hand controls.

1) Do I still need to get this certification from govt panel of doctors, i guess not required....???

I believe i can straight go to dealer/car manufacturer, display my fitness certificate, book Alto K10 and ask him to issue a letter to D/o Heavy industries alongwith my Driving Fitness Certificate and affidavit.

2) Any idea what is the excise duty levied on vehicles below 1200 cc ?? In short how much i can expect to save on total invoice for Alto K10 ???
Old 26th August 2011, 11:20   #36
JD1
BHPian

Hi Raj,
Congratulations for your ANHC. I too have almost zeroed out to ANHC V-AT. The Urban Titanium looks beautiful and I am inclined to that color as well (or Silver as my VW Passat in US was silver in color). I am still getting my medical cert done which hopefully would be done in the next few days after which I can book the car - however the V-AT is immediately available for delivery here in Bangalore. So I had few questions and am hoping you would be able to guide me-

(1) Do you need to wait for the Government certificate for excise duty benefit and then get delivery of car or you can take the delivery and then get a refund/rebate?

(2) How long did it take for you to get the excise benefit certificate? The form mentions approx 4 weeks so is that realistic?

(3) Your invoice price was almost 1.4 L less than the listed price (9.78 - 8.38 L). Did this include tax/vat charges? Did the dealer also give you any additional discounts/free accessories? (currently ANHC is having good promotion of cash discount, corporate discount, free insurance, freebies) - so basically can you club them all? (technically the excise is something that GOI is providing so this should not impact manufacturer/dealer profits). Let me know so I can negotiate with the dealer accordingly.

(4) Did you use the form available on Department of Heavy Industry website by printing a Black & White copy on A4 paper or you visited the Ministry office and got a form?

(5) Last question - the self affidavit (regarding 5 yrs) should be provided on stamp paper (how much value?) or plain paper?

Sanyd1711 - My understanding is that the format for excise duty benefit is separate. I am looking at the form available on Department of Heavy Industry website (click here-> Department of Heavy Industry). Scroll down to the bottom of website where it says "Miscellaneous" and you will see the entire document there (in pdf format).

Thanks in advance,
JD
Old 10th March 2012, 13:44   #37

Hi Raj. Thanks for bringing up this topic of differently abled getting benefits. I am also differently abled with 50% disability. Im awaiting arrival of my fluidic verna Crdi A/T (likely to be delivered in 3 weeks or so).

I have got the Medical certificate and affidavits with me. Would you throw some light on how to get the Road tax exemption??

After I spoke to Accounts manager of HMIL, he told me that all I'll need for getting road tax exemption is the medical certificate (information which I think is incorrect). I think I'll need Medical certificate +Manufacturer's certificate, enclosed with an application for getting the exemption of road tax; please acknowledge if I am correct.

I am also a resident of Delhi, with same pin-code as mirrored in the RC of your car.

Regards,

Vivek
Old 8th August 2013, 15:48   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivy_A.I View Post

I have got the Medical certificate and affidavits with me. Would you throw some light on how to get the Road tax exemption??

After I spoke to Accounts manager of HMIL, he told me that all I'll need for getting road tax exemption is the medical certificate (information which I think is incorrect). I think I'll need Medical certificate +Manufacturer's certificate, enclosed with an application for getting the exemption of road tax; please acknowledge if I am correct.
Vivek,

Would you mind sharing as to what happened since. Were you able to avail the road tax exemption. As far as I know, you also need an invalid carriage license to be submitted alongwith to claim the road tax exemption.
Old 25th August 2013, 21:09   #39

[quote="autotranny;3203399"]

Hi Raj,
First of all congrats for possession of gat car that too availing all govt exemptions.thanx for the detailed process shared by you.
I am also differently abled and planning to buy Honda city SAT with all benefits but has some points still unanswered.
1. Is excise duty waiver is applicable on ex showroom price or other price.also how much vat is applicable.
2. Does dealer bills for full charge or excise duty exempted charge. If full charge then how to get reimburse excise duty amount.

The above two questions are wandering my mind for so long and are hindrance in buying the said car.
It would be nice if u share the exact details of ur bill showing details like exshowroom price,rto charges,insurance,vat,excise etc.
Thanx for your great effort and enlightening the differently abled friends a new ray of light.
Thanx in anticipation.
Regards
M k Jain
AhmedBad
Old 3rd September 2013, 11:53   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by autotranny View Post
Vivek,

Would you mind sharing as to what happened since. Were you able to avail the road tax exemption. As far as I know, you also need an invalid carriage license to be submitted alongwith to claim the road tax exemption.
Sorry for the delayed reply. I got the road tax exemption. It was a smooth sail and substantial amount was saved. Yes you need an invalid carriage license for the same.

[quote=mkjain23;3218040]
Quote:
Originally Posted by autotranny View Post

Hi Raj,
First of all congrats for possession of gat car that too availing all govt exemptions.thanx for the detailed process shared by you.
I am also differently abled and planning to buy Honda city SAT with all benefits but has some points still unanswered.
1. Is excise duty waiver is applicable on ex showroom price or other price.also how much vat is applicable.
2. Does dealer bills for full charge or excise duty exempted charge. If full charge then how to get reimburse excise duty amount.

The above two questions are wandering my mind for so long and are hindrance in buying the said car.
It would be nice if u share the exact details of ur bill showing details like exshowroom price,rto charges,insurance,vat,excise etc.
Thanx for your great effort and enlightening the differently abled friends a new ray of light.
Thanx in anticipation.
Regards
M k Jain
AhmedBad
Dear Mr. Jain,
The excise duty/VAT etc. are calculated on the base price of car and not on ex showroom price.
Secondly, dealer has nothing to do (except delivery) with this exemption and this sale is done directly by the corporate sales division of Honda. You can refer the link https://hondacarindia.com/mediacenter/corporate.aspx for the same.
It would be a straight forward transaction and the billing would be directly from Honda though delivery would be made through the dealer of your choice. You can contact the corp sales of Honda directly.
It is advisable that you complete alll formalities/necessary certificates before the transaction as explained earlier so as to get the excise duty exemption adjusted in the initial price itself. The dealer would invariably ask you to go with normal transaction and to apply for reimbursement later on, which you should avoid.
I hope this satisfies you

Last edited by moralfibre : 27th September 2013 at 10:59. Reason: Back to back posts.
Old 3rd September 2013, 16:19   #41

[quote=raj_k;3226343]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkjain23 View Post
Thanks Raj for the reply and passing on the crucial information that to avoid dealer for this transcation directly but through corporate sales.Some more information rquired:-

1. I am planning to buy Hyundai car and for that do u have any information of Corporate sales of Hyundai.
2.Shall I have to handover the medical certificates to dealer or directly to corporate sales.
3. Shall Registration and insurance will be done by the chosen local dealer or we have to do ourself?
4. In your case 1.4lac(9.78lac - 8.38lac) was excise duty?Very huge amount??Any idea about excise duty in % applied in your case?

I am collecting these information to zero-in my budget/finance requirements.
The information provided by you in the trailing email, is very important for me.
I highly appreciate if you give me early reply since I am planning to buy car urgent but availing all benefits only.

Regards
M K Jain

Dear Mr. Jain,
The excise duty/VAT etc. are calculated on the base price of car and not on ex showroom price.
Secondly, dealer has nothing to do (except delivery) with this exemption and this sale is done directly by the corporate sales division of Honda. You can refer the link https://hondacarindia.com/mediacenter/corporate.aspx for the same.
It would be a straight forward transaction and the billing would be directly from Honda though delivery would be made through the dealer of your choice. You can contact the corp sales of Honda directly.
It is advisable that you complete alll formalities/necessary certificates before the transaction as explained earlier so as to get the excise duty exemption adjusted in the initial price itself. The dealer would invariably ask you to go with normal transaction and to apply for reimbursement later on, which you should avoid.
I hope this satisfies you
Old 3rd September 2013, 17:22   #42

[quote=mkjain23;3226678]

As I explained, since the dealer does not get anything in this transaction so they are least interested. (and we should not blame them also).

Hyundai has a office in Ahmedabad also and you can contact them.
Add: 1st Floor, City Mall,
Unit NO. 11 – Shop 1 & 2, Mouje Bodakdev,
Near Rajpath Club, S.G.Road, Bodakdev,
Gandhi Nagar Road, Ahemdabad- 380054
Tele: 079 - 66133000
Fax: 079 - 66133017

As regard med. cert, copy of it is to be given to the car company and they would provide manufacturer cert based on it. Both these doc alongwith affidavit are to be given to M/o Heavy industry and they only approve excise exemption (not the company/dealer)

Regarding registration it can be done by you. It is simple and I also did it myself instead of requesting dealer. As the car is billed by company so they do temporary insurance for the transit.

Insurance is little tricky as most of the private insurer are reluctant. You get 50% rebate on base premium as per rule. You can approach any govt. one but it depends if that company is authorised for cashless settlement or not. I somehow managed with Iffco Tokyo but in discount column it says special discount and not the handicap discount.

My sincere advise, in this transaction they don't provide any scheme or discount as it is factory billed (fixed price) so don't waste time in deal hunting or price enquiry. Just decide the car/model based on your budget and go for it (ofcourse, I would provide all the guidance during the process). The car's base price is declared to Govt. for tax calculations and no body can change that.
Old 10th September 2013, 13:48   #43

[quote=mkjain23;3227408]
Dear Raj
I am in urgent need of you. When I contacted the Hyundai person thru email(email I got on their website) the following is the reply received.
"My utmost apologies for not replying you on time.We, Hyundai Motor India Ltd do offer excise duty refund / concession as per the instructions of MHI."

Therefore you are requested to please guide further since Hyundai has denied the same thru its email.

Awaiting your reply.
Regards
M K jain
Old 27th September 2013, 10:40   #44

Sorry for the delay as I was down with Dengu for last 2 weeks.
As per your reply, Hyundai has said that they do offer excise duty so whats the issue. If you meant that they don't offer, visit their office and discuss with some senior officer. They have to comply with it and there is no way they can refuse.
Raj
Old 8th October 2013, 13:31   #45

ok Raj,
Finaly I had words with their corporate office and then they agreed finally.
Still I have some points to discuss regarding RTO, excise concession etc.Can u give ur mobile no. or u may call me on 9426665556
regards
M K jain

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_k View Post
Sorry for the delay as I was down with Dengu for last 2 weeks.
As per your reply, Hyundai has said that they do offer excise duty so whats the issue. If you meant that they don't offer, visit their office and discuss with some senior officer. They have to comply with it and there is no way they can refuse.
Raj

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks