Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2011, 14:54   #16

Re: The car of my dreams (ANHC) is with me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanyd1711 View Post
"I would like to knw from you whether your Registration papers (RC book) reflects something to suggest that ROAD TAX exemption is exercised ....do let me knw.
Back
Actually as per the procedure the vehicle is to be certfied by the manufacturer or some authorised person for suitability. It is pity that there is no one in Mumbai. Did you try asking the Honda to modify the scooter for you. I think in that case it would have been simpler.
These vehicles with road tax exemption are registered under INVALID Class and under a special series, in Delhi it is DL1D. As desired, I am attaching the copy of RC for your information. The road tax exemption is shown on it.
Attached Thumbnails
The car of my dreams (Honda City) is with me-hondarctest.jpg  

Old 6th July 2011, 15:35   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_k View Post
These vehicles with road tax exemption are registered under INVALID Class and under a special series, in Delhi it is DL1D. As desired, I am attaching the copy of RC for your information. The road tax exemption is shown on it.
Interesting details there; I was not aware of this.
What happens if you sell the car (after completion of 5 years)? Is the class changed and the new buyer has to pay the road tax? Was this also the case with your Zen if you sold it?
Old 6th July 2011, 15:46   #18
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations.
Nice to see more ANHC members writing their logs.

AT from Honda stands above the competition. Have a great time enjoying the car. Cheers!
Old 6th July 2011, 16:08   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
2. I have not yet added any accessory on it but plan to add few things
- sun film (actually the weather in Delhi has been so good this year that I did'nt feel the urgency of it). Moreover the traffic police restriction in Delhi are also a deterrent, though the rules are specified but they still harass people.
- A good reasonable security/GPS system. Need advice on it.
Do get sun film fitted; but not on the rear windshield, at least from the inside since it has a demister.

About security, I think you should keep the stock central locking system. Wonder why I didn't suggest this earlier, you should get a gear lock fixed. Really beautiful ones (Terminator brand) are available at Honda dealers itself.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2011, 16:41   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
What happens if you sell the car (after completion of 5 years)? Is the class changed and the new buyer has to pay the road tax? Was this also the case with your Zen if you sold it?
Yes, the new buyer has to pay tax and class is changed. The Zen is still with me.
raj_k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2011, 16:43   #21
BHPian

Note from the Team-BHP Support : Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this. Thanks

"It is pity that there is no one in Mumbai. Did you try asking the Honda to modify the scooter for you. I think in that case it would have been simpler. "

Raj, I guess i was confused you...there is a person in MUMBAI who modifies Activas for physically challenged peoples. This person must have modified close to 1000 two wheelers in Mumbai, vastly experienced. But then, he is not approved by RTO.

RTO says that if vehicle is modified by him....then it is not eligible for ROAD TAX Exemption. It has to be modified by a one person in Pune.

HONDA DOES NOT MODIFY THESE VEHICLES.

Sorry for confusion ....!!!

Last edited by GTO : 6th July 2011 at 19:40. Reason: Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this.
Old 6th July 2011, 16:55   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
In Maharastra such vehicle are marked as 'Invalid Carriage' on respective RC book. The class would surely change.
Old 6th July 2011, 19:37   #23
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: The car of my dreams (Honda City) is with me

Congrats on the car!

I've temporarily moved your thread to the Assembly Line Section (More Information about this sub-forum).

Please note that Team-BHP does not permit booking / buying experience threads in the Test-Drives section anymore. For the benefit of members & guests alike, it is now imperative to include a complete report on the car (the driving experience / comfort / features, what you like, what you don't like etc.). To know more about this rule, and for review guidelines, view this announcement.

Please edit the opening post of this thread and update with a complete driving & ownership report. Pics would be great too! You have the ability to EDIT your post over an indefinite period of time; add more attachments / content / posts to your work-in-progress review thread at your own pace.

Once your thread is complete, you may report the post, and a Team-BHP Moderator will move your thread out to the public forum.

NOTE : After your thread has been taken public, you are permitted to bump it up once to bring it amongst the new post listings.

Thanks for the support!
Old 7th July 2011, 16:17   #24

The initial thread has been modified by me with pictures and ownership experience.
Old 11th July 2011, 12:58   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
No review is complete without pictures so please indulge us in some

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Please do add some pictures of your beauty ASAP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu230506 View Post
Pics please.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRtorquefan View Post
Do post some of the pics of your Titanium coloured ANHC V-AT.
Dear Friends, I have posted few pictures of the car. Infact I have revised the initial post with photos and ownership reviews.

My third service was booked with ring rond honda for 9th july but they messed up the booking and forgot to get the car picked. Its now fixed for 23rd july.

What precautions one need to take while sending the car through pick/drop service of dealers. Tips please.
Old 11th July 2011, 13:18   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What precautions one need to take while sending the car through pick/drop service of dealers. Tips please.
Well, apart from the usual ritual of removing all your personal stuff/ valuables from the car before pickup (dont even leave a CD in the music system), I will recommend you to perform a 'PDI' after the drop is done.

I had a bad experience where I noticed later that my car was dropped off by Honda with 4 nails (and subsequent punctures) embedded in the rear left tyre. The access road from their workshop in Pune was full of construction rubble, but they could have taken a better road (albeit a bit longer).
Old 11th July 2011, 13:50   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Now coming to the cost, which I would like to specially describe as I availed certain concessions, which are available to physically challenged and this may help others also. Some of these benefits (only for physically challenged peoples) are given below:

The AT cars are provided at 4% excise duty which is a clear benefit of around 19% considering the rate of 23% on cars above 1200 cc. The benefit would obviously be less for smaller cars as the rate of duty is less.

The process:
  • There is a format provided by Department of Heavy Industry as per which a govt. panel of doctor has to certify that one can’t drive manual car and is fit to drive an AT car.
  • The copy of this cert is given to car manufacturer, who then certify that the said car, chosen by the customer suits him as per his requirement (as certified by govt. panel)
  • The car manufacturer’s certificate, doctor’s certificate alongwith an affidavit that the excise duty concession has not been availed in last 5 yrs and the car will not be sold for next 5 yrs is submitted to D/o Heavy industry.
  • D/o Heavy Industry than issues an order for providing excise concession to manufacturer, based on which it gives the reduced price.
In my case the invoice of 8,38,671 for City VAT was given as compare to original invoice of around 9.78 lakh.

The insurance company also gives a 50% concession on basic price.
Hi Raj,
Congratulations on selecting ANHC! You got a great car at fantastic price!!
Urban Titanium is a nice colour.

I am very thankful you for enlightening us on the provisions that are available from the govt. for the individuals with special needs. Also, felt good to know ANHC exactly fits and serve's your needs.

Take care and drive safely.
RemingtonSteele is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2011, 14:19   #28
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Dear Friends, I have posted few pictures of the car. Infact I have revised the initial post with photos and ownership reviews.

My third service was booked with ring rond honda for 9th july but they messed up the booking and forgot to get the car picked. Its now fixed for 23rd july.

I'd suggest you at least pick the car up. There are many issues that you can get rectified at the workshop itself.

Once the car is at your place, the dealer liability reduces considerably.

Also, if you go to the workshop yourself, you can get things done : eg. a touch-up here and there etc.

Apart from that, 3rd service will entail engine oil change and regular check-up; bill should come to ~900 (mineral oil).
Old 11th July 2011, 14:41   #29
BHPian

Hi Raj,

Many congratulations of a great buy. It truly is raining AHNC on the forum. Wonder if the price cut did the trick? By the way I am too in queue to book the AHNC. Just waiting for the rains to get over.
Old 11th July 2011, 14:57   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arup.misra View Post
Hi Raj,
Just waiting for the rains to get over.
If its Petrol then anyday ANHC is a great buy.
Now that you are already waiting for the rains to get over then I would suggest you to hold-on for a while for the festival season especially Diwali. You never know you might get better deals/discounts/bundle offers/insurance waivers/minor upgrades etc. coming your way.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks