Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2006, 16:36   #46
Team-BHP Support

No independent suspension in the new V2 introduced in 2002. IIRC it had semi independed setup. Indigo setup is different still I think though both may be independent.

Last edited by tsk1979 : 23rd March 2006 at 16:37.
Old 23rd March 2006, 16:40   #47
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by hell_rider
i second that bit on the gear shift. I had experienced the shift of the older indicas/indigos. the one on my indica tcic is definitely better. slots perfectly. haven't had a single misclutch. but the clutch itself could be freed up a bit more.
Assuming I've been misunderstood - I know the gear shift on the diesel Indica is not bad at all. I have always felt that gear shifting in the petrol model was easier and better than the diesel model.
Old 26th March 2006, 22:23   #48
BHPian

i'm joining the two others to be the owner of a xeta...

xeta's arriving home by next monday!

will post more after experiencing more.

Last edited by skandyhere : 26th March 2006 at 22:28.
Old 25th July 2006, 16:15   #49
BHPian

XETA 4000kms report

Hi All,

I am a proud owner of Indica XETA GLS model. I bought it on March 15th 2006. Its a black colored with a Sony GT350S CD player, with 2 Carbon 400W speakers in the rear and 2 Carbon 100W in the front. To speak about the performance of the vehicle, let me give you some illustrations:
1) I covered 978km in Bangalore city during april end, and then one fine cloudy saturday I hit the Mysore road with 2 of my cousins. We had been on a trip to Madhumalai. And here I drove the car in constant speeds of 90-100kmph, since the engine was not ripped anytime earlier, I thought I better not. And finally I see the result, I got 15.5kmpl at the end of our journey back to Bangalore. The biggest advantage is that the often gear shifting is not required.
2) At the mark of 2500kms I again hit the Mysore road during June 1st week but this time only to Bandipur. But hey people I had mastered driving my Indica, and this time I never allowed any car beside me. While on way back, I overtook an Innova at 140kmph+ (I know Innova's top-end is more than 140, but ya mine too). At that grt speeds, I never felt light handled/steered. We were 5 of us in the car including me. And the car behaviour was amazing.
To end this topic, ya the braking too was good. I almost stalled the vehicle at around 500mts from 140+ to 0.
Last but not the least, my records(max speeds attained in each gear) in this car:
1st gear: 30kmph
2nd gear: 75kmph
3rd gear: 100kmph
4th gear: 120kmph
5th gear: 140kmph

5th gear still to go................ (planning to touch the limits of XETA, I think 152kmph)

Any updates, PM me.
Old 26th July 2006, 17:20   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abdriver2000
1 question. The indicas come with only one reversing light. There is a slot provided for the other. Anyone knows how to get both working? Why does it have this symmetrical glitch in the first place?
Well you can get the second reversing light fitted (drivers side) easily. I learnt it in a rather strange way. I gave my Indica (TC) for a starting problem to the service center. When the problem was resolved I checked that the right side (drivers side) brake lights were not working, I asked the CRM there to check the problem and also enquired about the single reversing light issue. The CRM said that Indica comes with only one reversing light (left side) blah blah and called for an electrician to check for the brake light issue. When the electrician resolved the brake light problem, I shooted the same question to him. He gave me a broad smile, changed some wires on the right side tail light socket, attached a bulb, and BRAVO! My car had both sides reversing lights working.. You should have seen the CRM's expression...

Last edited by TSEA : 26th July 2006 at 17:35.
Old 22nd June 2007, 00:03   #51
srh
BHPian

Completed 10000 km in my Xeta

It drives just fantastically. Feels like a much bigger car, especially on the highways. I have done Bangalore - Goa and Bangalore - Pune trips. Can you beleive I reached Pune in 10.5 hours flat with a 30 min lunch break inbetween. I have touched 150 kmph (on a gradient offcourse). Else my vehicle struggles beyond 135 kmph. I read other posts of touching 140 very easily. My vehicle doesnt. Any idea about how it can? I aint really bothered about the FE.
Old 23rd June 2007, 00:31   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

New (and proud) Xeta owner

Folks, I am also a new Xeta (GLS) owner and have had my gem for the last month. I had done extensive market research before buying it and my focus was on the following:
  1. Price - this is going to be a second car just as soon as I can convince my bank manager of the same!
  2. Interior space - To keep driver as far away as possible! Nothing personal; just didn't fancy his BO.
  3. Safety - Solid build and lots of space again (!) between me and the MG road traffic
  4. Road respect - Commands far more road respect than say an Alto/Santro. I am very sure that everyone of us (driving cars bigger than an Alto of course) have been rather contemptuous of an Alto in heavy Bangalore rush hour traffic
My Xeta GLS (Arctic Silver) came to 3.24 lakhs OTR (after 22k discount) at Prerana (Lalbagh Rd) with a excellent freebie list of sunfilm (average quality - bubbles etc, body cover (unopened), left side ORVM (my request), Full wheel covers (reasonably goodlooking), Indilock 4 actuator keyless central/remote locking (good so far), mudflaps, footmats, dicky mats, god's idol, seat covers (ok-ok), 3M polish and car perfume (hideous aroma - was ejected from car at the nearest petrol pump's rubbish bin).

Overall I feel that there was absolutely NO competition from the Alto. Even if I had harboured hopes of the same, the above killer package would have made sure that I ended up with a Xeta! Pratham Maruti were only offering god's idol, perfume, mudflaps, footmats and (unofficially - they would not even write it on the pricelist) sunfilm.

My first months experience:

ENGINE:
  1. Petrol engine very smooth but still rather tight. Pinks easily if accelerator is depressed too quickly
  2. Slight hesitation in power delivery initially but picks up a good helping of torque
  3. Labours at the top end but haven't done much of that as it's run only 900 km so far
  4. Performance dips with AC on specially at bottom of range. Quick switching off makes a huge difference though which was my standard practice anyway on my dad's Santro and my brother's Alto!
  5. Mileage so far 9.2 km (tankfull method) with full AC on and a lot of very heavy rush hour traffic runs between Domlur/Indiranagar and Doordarshan (near Mekhri Circle) area
  6. Using XtraMile/Power but want to try Shell if I can
  7. Overall a very silent engine - very impressed!
GEARBOX:
  1. Much better than the Indica V1/early V2s. Good roll-on and I find that the shift is made better by the slower bleeding of the engine RPM. In essence the time taken to shift is well matched by the Xeta's engine to come down from say 4000 rpm to say 1500 rpm (makes sense?)
  2. Not on par with Santro or say old Zen which was delightful to say the least but not too bad either - very subjective matter.
  3. Gearbox whine is present but much more muted now than on earlier versions.
INTERIORS:
  1. Excellent for the price - very spacious and almost beats cars like the Verna, Esteem etc. Back seat very wide and comfortabe especially good even with tall people driving. Kneespace not an issue at all.
  2. Like the beige look (seems to be in fashion) - remanins to be seen how it copes with an Indian monsoon!
  3. Like the new dash especially the lighting and the electronic trips (2) and the tacho. Autocar had complained of severe reflections off the plastic cover to the dials but I can't complain of the same. Maybe it was purely a height thing!
EXTERIORS:
  1. Good headlights with even spread - useful headlight levelling feature too
  2. Like the very bright rear lights and turn indicators. Auto-cancelling after turns not bad either
Hope all this has been useful. Will post further updates soon!
Old 31st July 2007, 21:05   #53

Hey guys,

I got my GLG Salsa RED last week! June 2007 build.

I drove it for 200 km and I am just impressed.
State of the art interiors, solid build quality, excellent AC and all cool features like fog lamps, rear demister at an package of Rs. 3.5L

I think its very good car and a good VFM package.
Old 9th August 2007, 07:33   #54
BHPian

Hi friends,
I am from Kolkata and considering Xeta, now GLG is 1.2 L. I took a test ride yesterday, the engine is very smooth, sound minimal, AC very effective (at par Palio 1.1, yes took test TD yesterday only). Will you please help in deciding between Turbo DLG(Irritating sound) and Xeta GLG and inform me the fuel efficiency of Xeta GLG 1.2 L in City and Highway mostly with AC on.

dragon
Old 29th August 2007, 00:36   #55

Hi you lot.I'm from Turkey and I'm a newbee here on this forum.I have bought a TATA INDİCA DLX Turbodiesel 70 hp and I'm glad I selected this car among the many cars like Palio multijet,hyundai getz,skoda fabia and peugeot 206.It's fuel economy is worth buying it.
Old 29th August 2007, 15:32   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I'm from Turkey...I have bought a TATA INDİCA DLX Turbodiesel 70 hp and I'm glad I selected this car among the many cars like Palio multijet,hyundai getz,skoda fabia and peugeot 206.It's fuel economy is worth buying it.
Eddie,Welcome to team-bhp,Interesting to see you opted for the indica from the available options.Whats the pricing of the indica with repect to these cars.

Eddie how has your experience been with tata so far,in our country fuel quality is considered to be on the lower side and hence cars here tend to give a lower FE figure,could you post details about what figures you are getting.

Would love to hear/read more from you.

Last edited by rahul_intlad : 29th August 2007 at 15:33.
Old 29th August 2007, 18:27   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_intlad View Post
Eddie,Welcome to team-bhp,Interesting to see you opted for the indica from the available options.Whats the pricing of the indica with repect to these cars.

Eddie how has your experience been with tata so far,in our country fuel quality is considered to be on the lower side and hence cars here tend to give a lower FE figure,could you post details about what figures you are getting.

Would love to hear/read more from you.
thanks for your nice welcome. the price of İndica is lower than its rivals here.therefore the price was number one ıssue why I preferred it.(20,000Turkish liras which is about 16,000 USD.)the price may seem too high for you but believe me or not this is due to the taxes you pay while buying a car is about%68 or so here.

I've made 1100 kms so far and the fuel economy is sufficient I can say.6,2 lt in 100 kms.I only use BP Ultimate eurodiesel 50phm.So its fuel economy is OK.the fuel quality here was worse 5-6 years ago.Toyota Corolla and Auris are produced here but still they never sold any diesel Toyotas 5 years ago.But now some big petroleum companies have no fuel quality problem.BP(British),total(French),Opet(Turkish)are among them.I chose BP as I said.
I am satisfied for now.
see you.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks