Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2011, 11:00   #466
BHPian

Re: Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City

Facing a weird issue since a couple of weeks. On starting the car in the morning, the air bag indicators remain lit up permanently until i turn off and on the car next time. After which it behaves normal throughout the day. It would remain lit up for any duration, until i turn off the engine. . Anyone faced this issue with his ANHC?

This behavior is reproducible every day the first time i start the engine. Does it have anything to do with the weather, because its pretty cold in Bangalore recently.
Old 21st November 2011, 14:21   #467
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kap04 View Post
Facing a weird issue since a couple of weeks. On starting the car in the morning, the air bag indicators remain lit up permanently until i turn off and on the car next time. After which it behaves normal throughout the day. It would remain lit up for any duration, until i turn off the engine. . Anyone faced this issue with his ANHC?

This behavior is reproducible every day the first time i start the engine. Does it have anything to do with the weather, because its pretty cold in Bangalore recently.
You need to get the car checked by Honda A.S.S as soon as possible.
Old 21st November 2011, 14:26   #468
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt

It's even colder up north but this has never occurred to our city. This is serious issue w.r.t safety thus I agree with BV. Please get it checked on the double. Cheers!
Old 21st November 2011, 15:19   #469
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Yep. Have handed over the car for my 2nd service , and i called them now and told them to keep the car there for the night and check the airbag indicator when you turn on the car tomorrow morning , and fix it.
Old 2nd December 2011, 11:38   #470
BHPian

Got my car back after 2nd service, and they asked me to bring the car after they get the reply from Honda regarding the airbag indicator problem. So the SA called me last week , and he said he needed the car for a few days to check the issue. Since this issue only happens during the first cold start in the morning, i knew i had have to leave the car with them for some time.

Handed over the car last Monday. He said he is going to try out some steps which Honda has recommended. Got a call from him yesterday saying that they were able to fix the issue, and they observed normal behavior during the last cold start. So i went and collected my car , topped up the fuel and came home and parked it about 8PM. Today morning, at 930 AM i went down to check the coldstart and see if all is well. Did a cold start , the airbag indicator remains lit up still . Immediately called the SA, and told him what i saw. He said, he will have a word with his manager and call back.

I doubt if they were able to really diagnose the issue. I know its a bit tricky as well, as this happens only when you start the car in the morning. Any pointers on what might need to be checked out?
Old 9th December 2011, 17:59   #471
BHPian

Well... finally booked a White ANHC S(MT) from Crystal Honda. They gave me 60k off on the OTR price. I cancelled my Jazz booking at Deccan Honda and they asked me if I want a deal of free insurance on the city. When I told them that I am done with the formalities at Crystal, the offer suddenly changed to 50k cash + zero dep insurance at Re.1 (A total of 77k off)

I decided to stick to Crystal since I had already made a commitment. No further haggling for me... I believe I am getting a good vehicle that suits my requirements and pocket as well.

I completed my SBI Loan formalities and paid the rest of the amount as D.P. I had insisted for an October manufactured vehicle and was able to confirm that the allotted vehicle is indeed from that lot thanks to the VIN decoding thread.

Next in queue was the pre-registration inspection for which I went to the Bavdhan stockyard yesterday. The sales person accompanying me went to search for the vehicle keys. I was moving across all white s(mt)s one by one comparing the numbers. After 20 cars or so, I finally saw my car!

No visible scratches/dents on the outside...check!
OEM Tyres... Michelins!!!.. Yippie... Forgot to check if those are XM1 Energy or XM1+ Energy...

The sales person arrived with the keys.

Remote works...Check!
Interiors...pretty neat!! ...Check!
Turned on the ignition.... Ear-to-ear Grin... Check!!!
3 kms on the ODO, All indicators working fine... Check!
Sweet sounding OEM unit... working...Check!!
Steering mounted controls working... Check!!
AC in working condition...Check!!
Engine bay...pretty neat and untampered...Check!!

The car is in mint-condition and more or less untouched!

I gave then a go-ahead to register the car. It has gone for passing today.

My interactions with both Crystal and Deccan Honda have been good. I am hoping the service experience turns out to be good as well.

I will be getting the delivery of my car next week. Will start a detailed ownership thread once that is done!

Thanks to all BHPians and friends, especially Ajay and Anubhav, who directly or indirectly have helped with the purchase.

A special thanks to Robin Dass (Sales Person), Ganesh Mhethre (Finance guy) and Neha Shukla(SBI Car Loans) for making the journey very smooth.

Team-BHP rocks!!
prafulasher is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th December 2011, 08:42   #472
BHPian

Got the delivery of my ANHC S-MT yesterday. The delivery process was smooth. I saw a very small scratch (close to 1 mm) on the edge of my rear bumper. It really isn't much to worry about since the paint finish is smooth but pointed that out to the delivery manager to keep him informed.

Was a great task in getting her home with the Pune 6-seater autos and bikes taking extra care to make sure that the life of you beloved vehicle is miserable.

The only thing that comes to mind after having owned a Palio MJD for close to 3 1/2 years is the smoothness and refinement of the Honda! I am amazed at how easy this baby is to drive in the city and am looking forward to letting her stretch her legs next weekend when I visit my family in Bombay!

For the facelift, it cold have not come for me at a better time. I managed to get a decent deal for the pre-facelifted vehicle.

Will plan on starting an ownership log soon.
Old 25th May 2014, 00:24   #473
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
Continuing with...
The small yet significant things ~ Nitty gritty's

The Gem of a HU. works brilliantly, and sounds good too. Full control options for your IPOD / IPHONE and USB sticks. with capabilities for browsing through Artists / Albums / Playlists etc.
Attachment 585809
mdsaab.. Do you notice vibrations from the driver side door panel, mainly around the power window switches, with the bass cranked up +4 and above? I own an ANHC SMT and the rattling sound from the door panel at higher volumes and bass levels really spoils the otherwise amazing music system

Regards,
Arvindyoga

Most Viewed