Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2011, 06:38   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City

Apologies for being so late to the party mdsaab. Hearty congrats to you and your family for the second Honda. A silver Civic and a golden City make a deadly combination. As you have already stated, kindly put up some side by side shots of both the cars and a little comparison of sorts.

OT: I am also in Pune since Sunday on an official work and I am loving this climate (constant drizzle and occasional heavy downpour). I think you need to exploit this climate and take some brilliant shots of both your Hondas. Bring it on soon!
Old 20th July 2011, 10:23   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post
Apart from this,for a spare key,the Honda guys gave other excuses like having to give them an affidavit siting that you lost the key etc etc.

Honda Dealer in Cochin is insisting the seats are pure Stanley and that Honda has made a tie up with Stanley for this.

Oh,I just casually mentioned it-no resentments friend Most cordial welcome !

My first car-a Santro-had a Cobra Security system(Hyndai OE).The battery ran out after 4 years only!! That too only on one key-the spare one intact!!I casually replaced it with a button cell for 20/-but noticed that the range had diminished. Presently my i10 is touching 3 years and the battery is still strong.Of course-the inclined H has supplied proper spare with remote,just in case!!
I feel the affidavit is actually a good security measure. The Honda folks can anytime pull out this document if something fishy occurs.

If it is Stanley than it's fantastic. Also read on your fantastic thread that the dealer did the armrest and the doorpads. My dealer refuses to do the same, and asked me to get it done from outside. I have concerns on the colour match though, and have left it out at the moment.

Yep these batteries do last a long time. and the slanted H offering 2 remotes rather than one, really does make you sit back and wonder why the City doesn't come with 2 remotes. going to pull out the spare Civic keys do double check, before commenting further.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoom_vroom View Post
Warranty is for 2 years from date of installation. You can get the accessories covered under insurance too. Also you might be interested in getting this. This will surely spice things up inside the car.The dashboard illumination from Honda costed 17K when i got it installed. Here's the linky to my ownership review https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ty-v-mt-2.html (This is Honda... ( Honda City V-MT ))
You know what, i saw this on the City external accessories page. and i liked it. I wanted to go in for it. But could not convince my parents, plus our sales rep for some reason was not to keen on us going in for it either. I wonder why? am heading to your thread to check it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Going slightly OT here : Charthom, it would be a good idea to use both the remote-key alternately eg. use one for a few months then the other. That's what we do with our Zen; the Piranha remote locking has 2 remotes so we use both of them alternately. That way, both are used and go on longer. You also know that the spare one is working in case of an emergency. Don't use just one and wait for it to die before you start using the other one.
Actually a very good idea. Will follow that in the other cars here on.
City there is no choice though as we have only one remote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm403 View Post
@mdsaab honda dosent provide illuminated indicator on rear doors. I meant they should have provided that
You bet they should have, but as pointed out the 13K ones do have them, will speak to our sales rep to find out more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Hey...how did I miss the party for so long? Congrats mdsaab & parents! A golden (yeah OK, "Bold beige") ANHC to complement the silver Chicca is just awesome.

I had TDed this car in Mumbai before buying the Vento AT and found it pretty amazing for city driving. The only deal breaker for me was the price- 12.25 lac OTR in Mumbai, probably about 50-75K less in Pune. Also didn't like the silveriness of the central console- prefer the dull understatedness of the VW instead. But no denying it's a dream car to own!

We need more pics, man! These don't do justice. Suggest another drive to Chandni Chowk/Pashan lake rather quickly
Thanks for stopping by Noops! I will surely click more snaps in the days to come. Your Suggestion... I LIKE! I LIKE!
Quote:
Thanks for the info,Libran.

In this regard, you should be thankful to Honda. They have saved you the dilemma and difficulty in alternating the remote keys by providing only one key!! Very thoughtful of Honda-and strangely we guys are criticizing them for this

But joke apart, I usually keep one key customised for my wife's use-with one set of house keys and key chain that she likes etc. The other one is for me and for the occasional chauffeur. With only one "Master" key- this customisation has taken a hit. But then there is very less chance that an occasional driver may get to drive the City!
LOL! yes them Honda folks have not given us an opportunity alternate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitkb View Post
If the city had automatic climate control, I would've bought the automatic in a heartbeat. I prefer the looks of the city over the vento any day. Just the one feature missing from this otherwise beautiful car.
Yes sadly this isn't available as of now. But i got this hunch that the facelifted one would come with ACC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvi86 View Post
Apologies for being so late to the party mdsaab. Hearty congrats to you and your family for the second Honda. A silver Civic and a golden City make a deadly combination. As you have already stated, kindly put up some side by side shots of both the cars and a little comparison of sorts.

OT: I am also in Pune since Sunday on an official work and I am loving this climate (constant drizzle and occasional heavy downpour). I think you need to exploit this climate and take some brilliant shots of both your Hondas. Bring it on soon!
Firstly you aren't that late. and many thanks for the wishes.
More pics coming up i promise. with a comparison too.
Welcomes to Pune, enjoy your stay and the weather. Actually am a bit under the weather and hence not stepping out. Please make sure you don't get wet in the rain unnecessarily as there is some throat infection doing the rounds, and getting wet increases your chances.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
I second charthom. The car should go back at least with the 3D Kagu mats
Trust me i LOVE the 3D mats, but at 5K, we decided to give them a pass. Maybe in the future. The current transparent rubber mats bought for the monsoon cost us only 600 odd.
Old 20th July 2011, 18:31   #48
Senior - BHPian

Just spoke to our sales rep.
He called to inform that the Ducktail spoiler and door side protectors are painted and ready. So will go an get them fitted in a day or two.

Also shockingly he said that rear illuminated side step garnish is not available as Honda OE accessories. they only have the front illuminated ones. Please clarify.
mdsaab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2011, 19:17   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
Just spoke to our sales rep.
He called to inform that the Ducktail spoiler and door side protectors are painted and ready. So will go an get them fitted in a day or two.
Great!!! looking forward to more pics from you after you fit them

Quote:
Also shockingly he said that rear illuminated side step garnish is not available as Honda OE accessories. they only have the front illuminated ones. Please clarify.
I guess he is right; I haven't yet heard of rear illumination in OEM Honda side step garnish; please clarify whoever has installed these.
Edit: Even the internal accessory link confirms this its only front illumination: http://www.hondacarindia.com/city/brochureInternal.aspx

Last edited by RemingtonSteele : 20th July 2011 at 19:43.
Old 20th July 2011, 19:47   #50
BHPian

@mdsaab: congrats on your city. I had a query, I too bought ANHC about 2 weeks back in the VMT variant and have noticed that my front speakers are louder than the rear ones. Infact tried to check out the adjustment settings but they are all set at Balance. Do you have this problem ? I had the CD player installed so im wondering if the guys who installed it at Honda connected the wrong speaker wires in the wrong jack ? Thanks for your help.
Old 20th July 2011, 20:19   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Trust me i LOVE the 3D mats, but at 5K, we decided to give them a pass.
My God! They are robbing you!! Only 3500/- and Global tyres gave me 250/- off.
(3250/-).Check else where and do adorn your beauty-they look so OE. I hope, RemingtonSteele is not reading this
Old 20th July 2011, 20:32   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes Mdsaab, he is right. I had enquired about this earlier and they said it is not available But the rear door leaves very little space to accomodate this illuminated side step garnish, without looking 'odd' at that place I feel
Old 20th July 2011, 21:23   #53
BHPian

Quote:
(3250/-).Check else where and do adorn your beauty-they look so OE. I hope, RemingtonSteele is not reading this
Apologies,mates.I made a mistake-the 3D mats are 4500/- not 3500/-

Please excuse.
Old 20th July 2011, 21:41   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M00M
@mdsaab: congrats on your city. I had a query, I too bought ANHC about 2 weeks back in the VMT variant and have noticed that my front speakers are louder than the rear ones. Infact tried to check out the adjustment settings but they are all set at Balance. Do you have this problem ? I had the CD player installed so im wondering if the guys who installed it at Honda connected the wrong speaker wires in the wrong jack ? Thanks for your help.
I have a year old VMT but the speakers behave normal. Have you checked with normal DSP setting or with MP3 DSP. Also is the wiring is wrong you can check it easily by giving the complete swing to the balance, I.e., just make the complete rear go silent or the complete front go silent.

If my mother is at back, I mostly give the front more balance so that the bass thump doesn't unsettle her.
Old 20th July 2011, 22:53   #55
BHPian

Loved reading your description. congrats on the car. Wish you miles of safe driving
Old 21st July 2011, 08:06   #56
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Trust me i LOVE the 3D mats, but at 5K, we decided to give them a pass. Maybe in the future. The current transparent rubber mats bought for the monsoon cost us only 600 odd.
Apart from the cost, these mats are beige in color. Having them inside the cabin will turn the interiors into an "Ocean of Beige". Are these mats available in darker colors?

Last edited by dot : 21st July 2011 at 08:07.
Old 21st July 2011, 09:42   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemingtonSteele View Post
Great!!! looking forward to more pics from you after you fit them

I guess he is right; I haven't yet heard of rear illumination in OEM Honda side step garnish; please clarify whoever has installed these.
Edit: Even the internal accessory link confirms this its only front illumination: :: Honda City ::
Will post as soon as they are installed. Thanks for the illumination clarification

Quote:
Originally Posted by M00M View Post
So far i have not noticed any such issue. But i am going to check it out again for you today. Will post in the evening.

Quote:
You scared me with the price difference, and then i read your next post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
Yes Mdsaab, he is right. I had enquired about this earlier and they said it is not available But the rear door leaves very little space to accomodate this illuminated side step garnish, without looking 'odd' at that place I feel
Thanks for clarifying.

Quote:
Apologies,mates.I made a mistake-the 3D mats are 4500/- not 3500/-

Please excuse.
And now the price gap reduces. Maybe we shall get a set in the future. They do look stunning.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post
I have a year old VMT but the speakers behave normal. Have you checked with normal DSP setting or with MP3 DSP. Also is the wiring is wrong you can check it easily by giving the complete swing to the balance, I.e., just make the complete rear go silent or the complete front go silent.

If my mother is at back, I mostly give the front more balance so that the bass thump doesn't unsettle her.
Moom there you go, one clarification already, shall post mine in the evening.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Beat View Post
Loved reading your description. congrats on the car. Wish you miles of safe driving
Thank you, for your kind wishes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
Apart from the cost, these mats are beige in color. Having them inside the cabin will turn the interiors into an "Ocean of Beige". Are these mats available in darker colors?
That's a very good point there dot, after hearing the 5K price, i did not ask the accessories guy any further Q's. Charthom will be able to throw some light on this.

-------

Last evening we took out the City to run some errands, we had to meet someone and it was getting late.
I usually drive at a very leisurely pace within the City, especially in the current monsoon weather conditions.
But this time round i had to up the pace. No i was not rash or negligent, nor super fast.
But a big sprightly if you want to put a word to it.
and boy was i surprised.
The dynamics and the way the golden beauty handled, really had me impressed.
Yes it actually put a smile on my face. Beautiful poise and confidence inspiring manners.
The ESP unit was a joy to use as well. Extremely light when required and weighing up well around a string of turns.
I had driven an i20 not too long ago, and a couple of times placed the car wrong due to the lousy EPS unit and had to make corrective steering adjustments and quickly at that.
No such issues with the City though.
A real delight to drive withing the urban jungle.
It doesn't matter if you drive at an extremely relaxed pace or rather sprightly.
The City within the City will never let you down.
Had me smiling all evening.

Last edited by mdsaab : 21st July 2011 at 09:49.
Old 21st July 2011, 11:15   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
@dot-yes they are available in grey and black too.Price quoted on a Civic thread was 5000/- Pune distributors: Rahul Enterprises,09922488811/09371012211

Quote:

You scared me with the price difference, and then i read your next post.
Thanks for clarifying.

That's a very good point there dot, after hearing the 5K price, I did not ask the accessories guy any further Q's. Charthom will be able to throw some light on this.
Sorry for the mistake again-still 750/- is worth keeping. For Civic-see above.

Quote:
The City within the City will never let you down.
Had me smiling all evening.
Great inspirational experience.

Last edited by charthom : 21st July 2011 at 11:19.
charthom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2011, 13:53   #59
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@dot-yes they are available in grey and black too.Price quoted on a Civic thread was 5000/- Pune distributors: Rahul Enterprises
Thanks for the information. Black would be a good color for the mat. Will check it out sometime. How is your experience on them so far; with the monsoon going full swing, your shoes much be dirty when they enter the car..
Old 21st July 2011, 14:24   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Poitive buddy, thanks for stopping by.
Ha Ha! special mdsaab loyalty bonus ~ i really liked that one.
Yes there was a heady mix of some very capable saloons in there. It all boiled down to personal preference. and ofcourse reasoning. See my parents are just a couple. So the ANHC with it's generous legroom and more than comfortable width for two at the back or front. coupled with good fuel efficiency and a powerful engine. with a decent kit of safety features too. Meant that it took the cake, as a bigger car was not really required. And as you rightly said, it does speak volumes about the City's appeal.
For a petrol which is largely to be used in the City, the ANHC really is a very good choice. Better than taking a bigger car and then being stuck with managing it in traffic. City gives a LOT of cabin space for it's outside dimensions. The more vertical stance helps, and since one isn't really looking at spirited driving, a higher Centre of Gravity isn't an issue.

A very practical and sensible choice, to not get sucked into getting the "best" (read most expensive) car one can buy!

You must be a smart man, and hence MD_Saab

Quote:
Originally Posted by M00M View Post
@mdsaab: congrats on your city. I had a query, I too bought ANHC about 2 weeks back in the VMT variant and have noticed that my front speakers are louder than the rear ones. Infact tried to check out the adjustment settings but they are all set at Balance.
Am no expert, but obvious/basic things to check:
* The Fader settings (front-rear speaker balance)
* Trying the system at direct/flat settings without any DPS or "effect" playing.
* Making sure that the wires for the speakers (especially the rear) are correctly connected. Positive to positive, negative to negative.

Quote:
But this time round i had to up the pace. No i was not rash or negligent, nor super fast.
But a big sprightly if you want to put a word to it.
and boy was i surprised.
The dynamics and the way the golden beauty handled, really had me impressed.
Yes it actually put a smile on my face. Beautiful poise and confidence inspiring manners.
The ESP unit was a joy to use as well. Extremely light when required and weighing up well around a string of turns.
You may want to consider a tyre upgrade mdsaab. Not a rim, but only a 10mm increase in the tyre size. It should make it feel even a lot better. The steering may feel a tiny bit more hard, but that should hardly be a bother as it anyway is a pretty light steering. The FE too may suffer a bit. But the car should feel a LOT better to drive, with more grip and depending on the tyre you choose likely to give you an even better ride. It should also improve the braking distance, feel better around corners and feel more sure footed and planted than it does now.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks