Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2012, 20:09   #31
BHPian

Re: Laal Pari-My new Skoda Fabia Flash Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alive2Drive View Post
Hi Deepfusion,

Thats awesome mileage in the city like delhi. Can you please elaborate on your driving style. 16.17 from a Fabia is great. My cousin's 1.4TDI gives a mileage of 15.

Regards
I myself am surprised at this sort of mileage from a petrol car. I checked the credit card statements thrice to ascertain whether I had not made a mistake in calculating the figures, but no, it was not wrong.

I drive normally, but with casual approach, with soft right foot most of the times, making it a point not to exceed 2500 rpms. Thats it. My fusion tdci also gave me 14-15 sometimes, when I put my foot down, in 1-3rd gears.
Old 9th July 2012, 12:37   #32
Senior - BHPian

Will voice my agreement on this subject again , completely agree with deepfusion , be a little gentle on the fabia and she will surprise you with the mileage figures including the 1.6 as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepfusion View Post
I myself am surprised at this sort of mileage from a petrol car. I checked the credit card statements thrice to ascertain whether I had not made a mistake in calculating the figures, but no, it was not wrong.

I drive normally, but with casual approach, with soft right foot most of the times, making it a point not to exceed 2500 rpms. Thats it. My fusion tdci also gave me 14-15 sometimes, when I put my foot down, in 1-3rd gears.
Old 3rd August 2012, 15:14   #33
BHPian

Update:

The car has done 6672 as of now, and is lying with Nawab Motors, Noida for accidental repairs and service.

Fuel used: 91.26 ltrs.

Distance covered: 1472 kms.

Mileage achieved: 16.13 kmpl. plus 1/4 petrol remaining in the tank.

Problems: Nil, except that the car met with an accident today morning, spoiling the good show.

During the last month, I had two trips to my native place, translating to about 700 kms. which might have resulted in a good mileage returned by the car.

Accident details:

Today morning, enroute to the kids' school, a young lady, learning to drive a car, was taking a U-turn, when, due to slight mis-calculation, she accelerated quite harshly, and rammed her dzire into my car. The result, the front right of the Fabia has been badly damaged. The car is now lying at A.S.S.

Pics:
Laal Pari-My new Skoda Fabia Flash Red-img_20120803_090712.jpg

Laal Pari-My new Skoda Fabia Flash Red-img_20120803_090718.jpg

Laal Pari-My new Skoda Fabia Flash Red-img_20120803_090727.jpg

Laal Pari-My new Skoda Fabia Flash Red-img_20120803_090742.jpg

Laal Pari-My new Skoda Fabia Flash Red-img_20120803_090748.jpg
Old 3rd August 2012, 15:22   #34
BHPian

Sorry mate. Thankfully, the damage seems to have been arrested outside the engine bay and that's going to save you a lot.

The beauty of the car can be easily restored, of course at a cost, but I'm hoping the insurance would take care of that.

Relax and take your time to get her all fixed and back on the road.
Old 3rd August 2012, 22:12   #35
BHPian

Relax buddy, This is nothing extra-ordinary on our roads. More importantly there was no injury to anyone.

Just get everything done under insurance and the laal pari will be as good as new. If you have zero dep insurance repairs will cost very little.

All the best.
Old 4th August 2012, 11:49   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mempheS.D View Post
Sorry mate. Thankfully, the damage seems to have been arrested outside the engine bay and that's going to save you a lot.

The beauty of the car can be easily restored, of course at a cost, but I'm hoping the insurance would take care of that.

Relax and take your time to get her all fixed and back on the road.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajcs View Post
Relax buddy, This is nothing extra-ordinary on our roads. More importantly there was no injury to anyone.

Just get everything done under insurance and the laal pari will be as good as new. If you have zero dep insurance repairs will cost very little.

All the best.
Thanks for the wishes, friends.

I had a zero dep. insurance cover for the car. So, even though the repair bill ran to 44,500, it would cost me about 1,500 rupees now, plus the ncb of 25% next year.

I have negotiated with the culprit car's owner to let me use his car for the period for which my Fabia remains at A.S.S. He agreed and to my surprise, actually handed over his car, the same dzire with which I had that accident yesterday.

Strangely, however, the dzire was repaired at the local Sector-16 market yesterday itself, while it would take the Skoda A.S.S. 7 days to fix the Fabia.

Last edited by deepfusion : 4th August 2012 at 11:51.
Old 4th August 2012, 12:29   #37
BHPian

^^ wont the other person be paying for the 3rd party insurance to you since it was his mistake ?? Why do you want to pay using your insurance ?
Old 4th August 2012, 21:34   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dar3dev|l View Post
^^ wont the other person be paying for the 3rd party insurance to you since it was his mistake ?? Why do you want to pay using your insurance ?
Theoretically, he should have, but for the undermentioned events, it didnot happen.

He had infact agreed to pay the whole amount of loss, at the time of accident, fearing a police complaint, but since I was in a hurry, and didn't call up 100, he later backed out and agreed to pay the depreciation amount, but was not seeming to keep his word on that also, so, I had to agree on the deal (in kind, not cash), since I too do not have my second car with me these days, and the inconvenience factor was playing heavily on my mind. So I proposed to him to give me a car for the days during which my car would be in garage, and to my luck, he agreed and actually handed over his car, the same dzire which was involved in the accident to me later in the day.
Old 5th August 2012, 09:55   #39
BHPian

It always hurts to see a car in such a state but glad that all passengers are unharmed.

Quote:
Thanks for the wishes, friends.

I had a zero dep. insurance cover for the car. So, even though the repair bill ran to 44,500, it would cost me about 1,500 rupees now, plus the ncb of 25% next year.

Is it possible to get zero depriciation insurance from the second year if you already dont have one?

Quote:
I have negotiated with the culprit car's owner to let me use his car for the period for which my Fabia remains at A.S.S. He agreed and to my surprise, actually handed over his car, the same dzire with which I had that accident Fabia.
Seems like a decent deal and a decent guy as well
Old 5th August 2012, 11:26   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93000BHP View Post
It always hurts to see a car in such a state but glad that all passengers are unharmed.
Yeah. Sort of unharmed, though my kids were thrown forward due to the severe braking, and their forehead banged into the rear of the front seats. they later complained of a headache.

Quote:
Is it possible to get zero depriciation insurance from the second year if you already dont have one?
Yes. You can. IMO, in particular, if you have european/american cars, you must get zero dep cover since the parts are, in most cases, imported and thus expensive.

Quote:
Seems like a decent deal and a decent guy as well
Thanks.
Old 6th August 2012, 14:23   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Yes. You can. IMO, in particular, if you have european/american cars, you must get zero dep cover since the parts are, in most cases, imported and thus expensive.
Hmm. Do you know whether a zero-dep cover can be purchased now after after a year of ownership? I think what you say is a wise step to take.
Old 6th August 2012, 15:26   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mempheS.D View Post
Hmm. Do you know whether a zero-dep cover can be purchased now after after a year of ownership? I think what you say is a wise step to take.
Yes. You can. And I think, you MUST get your car this privilege.

But. Now there's a but. The zero dep cover can be availed upto 3 years from the date of purchase.
deepfusion is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2012, 13:22   #43
BHPian

Update:

Got the Lady back from the hospital.

My experience with Nawab Motors, Noida:

I was interacting with two people at Nawab, one for accident repairs, and one for service.

I must tell you, the service advisors at Skoda, Noida are foolish people. Least knowledgeable.

The person attending to service was not even aware of HOW MUCH OIL SHOULD GO INTO THE ENGINE. I was having a hunch that they would be doing something stupid, and so, asked my SA to wait for me before he changed the engine oil.

The manual says:
oil content for skoda petrol engines.docx

It says that quantity of oil should be 2.8 ltrs.

But the oil that they put in was 4.0 ltrs.

I objected to the use of extra oil. The SA asked me not to worry as what he was doing is right.

Also surprising was the fact that he supported his claim saying SKODA RECOMMENDS THIS. I countered his claim with the manual.

I asked him to call his senior, and then pestered him for the purpose. His senior also feigned ignorance of the quantity being 2.8 ltrs., even after going through the manual.

In the end I had to ask him strictly to follow the manual and take out the excess 1.2 ltr. oil. He had to do it then.

Later, when discussing the service quality at Nawab Motors, he told me he never knew about the quantity of oil for the fabia.

The bill:

For accidental repairs: Rs. 31,653.00. I paid it in full since the D.O. had not come from the Insurance Company.

For Service: 6,312.00. For the oil change, Pollen filter, and air filter change, with labour.

Overall experience: Satisfactory, as the issues were resolved at the end.
Old 13th August 2012, 15:00   #44
BHPian

Glad to note that your ride is back road. Hope its as good as new.

Quote:

It says that quantity of oil should be 2.8 ltrs.

But the oil that they put in was 4.0 ltrs.

I objected to the use of extra oil. The SA asked me not to worry as what he was doing is right.

Also surprising was the fact that he supported his claim saying SKODA RECOMMENDS THIS. I countered his claim with the manual.

I asked him to call his senior, and then pestered him for the purpose. His senior also feigned ignorance of the quantity being 2.8 ltrs., even after going through the manual.

In the end I had to ask him strictly to follow the manual and take out the excess 1.2 ltr. oil. He had to do it then.

Later, when discussing the service quality at Nawab Motors, he told me he never knew about the quantity of oil for the fabia.
This is atrocious and unbelievable. After all they would be handling dozens of vehicles for servicing each day and should know how much oil goes into the engine. Overfilling is worse than overcharging, if the idea is to make some quick bucks on showing higher quantity filled.

How was the oil levels before and after removing the excess 1.2 ltrs? At least one of them would be outside the limits specified.
Old 13th August 2012, 15:12   #45
BHPian

Congratulations deepfusion for your Lal pari. The only thing that bothers me regarding Fabia is its 3 cylinder engine. How is the engine noise levels? Although Skoda as we know have spent a lot in tuning these engines however still you cant compare with four cylinder counterparts.

Most Viewed