Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2011, 17:07   #46

Re: Driving under inFLUENCE - The stunning new Renault Fluence

Hi Everyone !

Again thank you all for first reading and then commenting on my post. All the admiration for the car is making me really happy, specially coming from this forum where it was bashed into hiding !

The pictures i posted were actually taken from a decent camera, not sure why so many are complaining bout the quality of the pics. Perhaps the downsizing has led to loss of quality.

Many more pics coming sooooon and yes i will get down to answering all your queries very soon as well !

Common Questions

1. Dealer / Service Network
There is only one Renault dealer in Kolkata - Austin Distributors. (19, JAWAHAR LAL NEHRU ROAD)

They are also dealers of HM, Mitsubishi and Hyundai. The showroom is not the largest but they did do the basic things well.

2. Sales , Delivery and Post Sales Experience

The Sales process was quite smooth. The sales guy for the TD was well mannered and well informed. The drive was also smooth while he drove and we sat at the back. (This, in sharp contrast to a Skoda Superb TD - The driver was driving rashly on tram tracks and when asked to slow, he quipped that he was showing us the super suspension !!!)

I booked the car a couple of days after the TD.

And this is when a few things started going wrong.

Post booking, I wanted a friend of mine to take TD, so we drove to the showroom on a Saturday afternoon only to find the showroom closed !!! This was shocking for a newly launched car. Later, i was told that they had an even at one of the malls so they had to shut half day !

I was also upset with the way the phone was answered and sometimes NOT answered ! The receptionist needs some soft skills training urgently.

My financing took a little longer than expected and here the service of the Mr. Kanchan (looks after the finance at Austin) was commendable. Kanchan stayed in touch with me throughout the financing process. To make up for the delay, they even provided me the car within a day with a good number !

Delivery experience could have been better as well. The car was not as shiny as i expected so made them do a thorough cleaning and polish again. A few errors were noticed in the paperwork and that took a little time. Spent about 15 minutes more than would have wanted to. The Sales guy presented me with a cake and took some snaps while handing over the keys and then i was off !

Post Sales experience has been much better. I received a call 2 days after purchase regarding a visit to the motor vehicles dept. The showroom sent their driver and took care of the entire process. Very well mannered driver and professionally done.

I also went to the workshop for putting mud guards. (Really don't know why they cant give them with the car !?)
The workshop is being shared by Mitsubishi and Renault as of now, but they are constructing a separate wing in the same compound. Major renovations are also underway in the customer waiting area.
The best thing about this visit was that i got to speak with a Renault representative and also the M.D. of Austin Motors.

While the renault rep. clarified the confusion regarding the bose speakers (he mentioned that the car indeed does have bose speakers fitted), The M.D. of the dealership was very courteous indeed. He sat me down for a cup of tea and discussed my experience at length - almost 30 minutes. He also instructed one of his men to do full polish and vacuum on my car free of cost ! Meeting him definitely makes me more comfortable about all my future dealings with the dealership now.

Also, I came to understand from him that he did indeed have some manpower issues in the beginning but things are much smoother.

So far all the Post Sales experiences have been top notch !

3. Warranty / Service Intervals

My Fluence comes with a 4 year / 80,000 Kms warranty (2 year extended is standard) and 5 Year Anti Rust Warranty. [FONT=arial][SIZE=2] It covers all mechanical and electrical failure or defect relating to material, workmanship or manufacturing fault.

Just yesterday i received a call from the Dealership saying that my first service will be due in September.

Periodical maintenance service schedule of Renault vehicles are as follows:

First service at 2,000 km/2 months
Second service at 10,000 km/12 months
Subsequent services at every 10,000 km/12 months
Old 2nd August 2011, 17:29   #47
Team-BHP Support

Congratulations Dheeraj on your new Fluence! Thanks for the review. And do provide regular updates on the French beauty
Old 2nd August 2011, 17:43   #48
evo
BHPian

Dheeraj, I was waiting for an owner review of the Fluence. Good of you to put it up. And that too in Cal ! You must come to the next TBhp meet. Also would be nice if you update us on the buying experience since Austin is not exactly known for great service.
Old 3rd August 2011, 14:47   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by evo
Dheeraj, I was waiting for an owner review of the Fluence. Good of you to put it up. And that too in Cal ! You must come to the next TBhp meet. Also would be nice if you update us on the buying experience since Austin is not exactly known for great service.
Hey evo ! Thanks for the comments. Do let me know when n where the next bhp meet is. Would love to attend !
Old 5th August 2011, 13:14   #50

Hey Everyone !

Please advice as to whether putting led lights adversely affect the warranty ?
Old 5th August 2011, 17:33   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemingtonSteele View Post
I have one doubt, from pics it seems like the rear headroom is an issue, could you confirm this?
Let us know more about this car with detailed analysis from your side.

Wish you many more Happy miles, Drive Safely!
@Dheeraj: could you respond to my query above ??
Old 12th August 2011, 10:40   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemingtonSteele

@Dheeraj: could you respond to my query above ??
Hi remington. The head room is pretty decent. More than the chev cruze. In fact i will get some tall guys to get into the car and take some snaps for your reference.
Old 12th August 2011, 15:21   #53
Senior - BHPian

Nice car dheeraj.I guess I seen your cars on the road too.

Wishing you many kms with it.Our lancer was bought from austin and servicing it used to be a problem.Im glad we sold it.

Btw my civic's number is WB 06G 7714.Just 3 cars before yours

Last edited by cityvic : 12th August 2011 at 15:23.
Old 12th August 2011, 16:02   #54
BHPian

Congrats on the new buy Dheeraj. We need more pics mate. Wishing you many more happy n safe miles ahead. Do keep the thread regularly updated.
Old 12th August 2011, 22:21   #55
BHPian

Congrats Dheeraj for the French princess. The car looks extremely good in that white guise.
The rear somehow resembles the Fiesta or is it just me?
Old 13th August 2011, 11:18   #56
mxx
BHPian

Congrats!!!
This car is a beauty. Inside and outside. The reason why you should post more pics.
Its good that you decided to let the test drive do the talking rather than just go by reviews. BTW, most reviews have good reviews on petrol model. Just they could have provided such interiors in diesel too.
What I liked most about the interior is that tough it has a classy theme, the instrument console is very modern and sporty. It is not an easy thing to achieve without looking out of place. But it seems neatly done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dheeraj23 View Post
While the renault rep. clarified the confusion regarding the bose speakers (he mentioned that the car indeed does have bose speakers fitted)
they have fitted bose speakers in the car and did not bother to highlight it in advertisements?

Last edited by mxx : 13th August 2011 at 11:32.
Old 13th August 2011, 11:54   #57
Senior - BHPian

@ dheeraj23

Félicitations!
Je vous souhaite de nombreuses années de l'automobile heureux et en sécurité avec la beauté française!
Prenez soin et conduire en toute sécurité!

( Congratulations !
Wish you many years of happy and safe motoring with the French beauty !
Take care and drive safe !)

no, no i don't know French, but i was so smitten by your ride i learnt it !!
(P-s-s-t..actually its Google translate ! )

Last edited by GTO : 17th August 2011 at 14:34. Reason: Please do NOT use more than 2 smileys per post
Old 13th August 2011, 20:51   #58
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your new acquisition. Drive Safe.

The car looks oh-so-gorgeous

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks