Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2011, 21:24   #91
BHPian

Re: Playing Polo - On My Black Stallion

Sure I will post some pictures soon. Since I worked on the entire cars paint with WD-40, due to the paint looking patchy, it seemed like quite an extraoridinary effort. As WD-40 evaporated, it got a bit tougher to rub-in to get rid of the tar & patches.

I came across a basic buffer working off the 12V Car Cigarette Lighter/Charger socket. Its small, light weight, has 2 types of buffer pads - sponge & buffing and does not require mains power which is usually difficult to find in society car parks. The sponge pad may prove helpful with WD-40 for tar removal. Costs under Rs.800/- only.

Members please comment. Thanks in advance, Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by harimakesh View Post
I am happy it worked for you. Celebrate with posting a picture of shining beauty.

WD40 has no harmful ingredients. Anything difficult to clean WD40 will do it with zero side effects
Attached Thumbnails
Playing Polo - On My Black Stallion-buffer.jpg  

Last edited by Omega Man : 18th September 2011 at 21:31.
Old 12th November 2011, 22:03   #92
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I was facing the below mentioned issues with our Polo 1.6L HL Petrol. Managed to get them resolved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega Man View Post
Hi Guys, Need help/advice with 5 seriously irritating issues:
1) In the evening, the front wheel brake discs shine, but the very next morning, they are completely rusted, like they have not been in use for years.
Now that the rains are got, front disks are shining again.
2) During engine idling, when AC is switched ON, there are weird sounds like the engine or AC is grunting/struggling. Even more when clutch is pressed.
Got the pollen filter cleaned, no more wierd noises now.
3) After getting the front bumper replaced at VW service - Thane, after a small accident 2 months ago, the bumper paint looks faded, especially when its wet.
Got the bumper repainted like new from the same dealer/service.
4) I am sick of all the tar spots on the paint. Everytime we visit South Mumbai or Vasai, there are tar spots all over, including the top. They just wont come off.
With the rains over and after applying Collinite 845, no more tar spots.
5) Serious issue of water and other marks on the front and rear windscreens, tried everything, including Glass Science - Rain Clear, but its got worse.
After a windscreen treatment (claying), emptying the wiper reservoir, filling distilled water and using sonax clear view 1:100 windscreen washer fluid, issue is now resolved.
Please advice. Thanks in advance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontosa View Post
Hello buddy, you must get in touch with omega man, he had the same issue with thane vw, but he has the contact of SA from tornado motors to whom you must make the SA of thane speak to. I ll send you the same PM I sent to omega man. Gosh can't believe the SA's are so oblivious to basic stuff in the car! Poor training ! Never mind we at tbhp know lot more than the service usually but mostly always
Thanks for the info Frontosa but they (Thane) did not help anyways so I got the VAS features activated at KSM Nerul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshu_j View Post
Fellow member Omega Man who resides in Thane recently took an appointment for the same at the workshop in Nerul and would be able to tell you better.
I am mighty pleased with the service offered by KSM Motors Nerul in comparison to Global Gallarie Thane.
Old 18th August 2012, 13:37   #93
BHPian

Dear Admins, Please close this thread as the Black stallion is no more alive. I met with a major accident and the car is beyond repairs. Details of the new thread:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ml#post2875262

Thank you all for reading & contributing.

Most Viewed