Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2011, 09:06   #31
Senior - BHPian

re: My Fiat Linea MJD EDIT: 365 days completed, 36000 kms driven

Hearty Congratulations rohittunga
A wonderful buy and a possesion of an Eye catching car at any time.
Surely the money well spent and you can definitely have a good time with this machine. Post some interior snaps especially Rear Seats.
Happy Driving, Enjoy and Drive Safe.
aks_karthik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2011, 21:59   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poitive View Post
Hope you will add more to this list soon @rohit -

=========
All the best and happy motoring
Oh absolutely, the points you have listed out should be added on my list. I guess they are "defaults" when you own them.

Will definitely post pictures from the rear angle of the car. The car just doesn't have a bad angle to look at. I was so totally absorbed by the front and side views of the car that I completely forgot the rear side pics of the car.
Old 1st August 2011, 23:13   #33
h14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohittunga View Post
When I asked about the bill they said that since my car had this problem since 3000 km before and since my car hadn't clocked 10k km yet, it would be replaced under warranty

Here is a scanned copy of the bill
Hi Rohit, congrats on your Linea and happy to know that your problem was solved. Even I am happy with Concorde in ECR, Chennai. Also, thanks for sharing the bill, what amused me was the cost of the brake disk which is roughly around 900 each. My uncle had to replace all 4 brake disks in his Corolla at 50,000kms and it left a huge hole in his pocket. The disk costed about Rs.3000 each. These are just un-beatable pricing from FIAT!
Old 2nd August 2011, 00:57   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_mba View Post
Turning radius is way too large. Even the sumo grande turns better than the linea into our parking lot.

Vento is noisy in the higher speeds. Below 3digit speeds Vento feels smoother. In my opinion vento loses out in equipment and Driving feel. The electronic power steering has no feel at all at high speeds.

perfect!! i have driven a grande too lot of time and even the tata safari.

grande turns like a car, my linea turns like a tata safari.
in parking lots and malls i always have to calculate the radius before turning
Old 2nd August 2011, 02:39   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohittunga View Post
Oh absolutely, the points you have listed out should be added on my list. I guess they are "defaults" when you own them.
Where the Fiat is way above all the competition in this segment, IMO, is the steering feedback and the agility. Nothing touches the steering on this one. The NFF feels like a kid's toy after this one. Not to say that the NFF is that bad - it is the Linea that is this good.

However, for everyday driving, it felt a tad too much for me. But I guess it eventually is about getting used to it.

Quote:
Will definitely post pictures from the rear angle of the car. The car just doesn't have a bad angle to look at. I was so totally absorbed by the front and side views of the car that I completely forgot the rear side pics of the car.
Ha ha! How perceptions vary, especially on looks. They are so subjective. For me, this one was always a beauty, but it is the rear and the rear 3 quarters view that I loved. The front was something one would accept, because one love the rest of it as much.

The Linea does look lovely in Off-white and even more so in the Wine colour you have. Is it a pain to maintain this colour, Rohit?
Old 2nd August 2011, 21:04   #36
BHPian

It definitely is a pain to maintain this color. Dust is very easily visible on this color, thats why I have that Jopasu duster which is so helpful. Also the scratches tend to show up more visibly than say silver/white color. I guess I can live with that
Old 17th August 2011, 19:34   #37
BHPian

Re: My Fiat Linea MJD-10,000km update on page 3

Finally completed 10,000 km today on my way to office. Took Exactly 5 months to achieve this milestone. Now everything seems to have settled down in terms of mileage and everything.
Getting a steady 14 kmpl everyday with 100% AC. Its been a breeze owning this car barring one incident where the brake discs had to be replaced prematurely.

Features that really stand out after 5 months
  • Dead pedal: Got so used to it that now its difficult to drive a car without it.
  • Bluetooth:Works beautifully, although I can't understand a word when messages are read out.
  • FE: No matter how hard you drive, you just can't get below 10 kmpl.
  • Ride Quality: Its supremely comfortable on any kind of roads including the horrible roads that exist on ORR at all flyover/underpass construction sites.

Things that are not so good after 5 months
  • Speakers: Stock speakers are just rubbish and are of the worst quality.
  • Headlights: The low beam is poor and almost non existent at times.
  • Turning circle: I think its already been discussed in this forum, so no need to explain further.
  • Visibility: Found the visibility to be quite poor. The OVRM's are small and the rear view is extremely limited.

Here is a couple of pics of the car

My Fiat Linea MJD  EDIT: 365 days completed, 36000 kms driven-optimizedpicture-001.jpg

My Fiat Linea MJD  EDIT: 365 days completed, 36000 kms driven-picture-2.jpg

My Fiat Linea MJD  EDIT: 365 days completed, 36000 kms driven-picture-7.jpg
rohittunga is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th August 2011, 23:24   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I can't understand a word when messages are read out
What phone do you use?
Old 18th August 2011, 18:04   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
What phone do you use?

I use a Motorola phone. It reads out the message very quickly. Thats my problem. Have you guys faced the same problem ?
Old 19th August 2011, 07:46   #40
Senior - BHPian

i own a N82. it doesnt read in my sms at all. but it is just a matter of getting used to the accent
Old 14th September 2011, 00:11   #41
BHPian

Got a call from Prerana Motors saying that Fiat is organizing an upgrade and that I should bring my car to get that update installed. When I asked about the upgrade, I was told that it was something about the power steering and AC.
I replied that both the AC and power steering are working just fine but she insisted that I bring the car to dealership and get the updated versions of both.

Cut the chase to 9th Sept 2011. So I go to the dealership at 10 in the morning and I see lots of Lineas and Puntos. Immediately the Service Adviser was assigned.He explained that on a specific batch of Linea and Puntos there has reportedly been some issues with the power steering and AC. So Fiat is calling each and every customer and doing the upgrade free of cost.

So I leave the car and was asked to collect it at 5 in the evening. When I went in the evening the car was nicely washed and cleaned. But to be honest , I didn't feel ANY difference in the AC performance nor the Steering. Apparently the 'O' Ring in the AC Compressor has been replaced a Hose pipe for the Power Steering has been done as well. The total cost of this upgrade is Rs 4132 apart from labor charges. I am pleasantly surprised by this move by Fiat

Now did anyone else get this call from their dealers or is it just me ?? Anyways I'm attaching the bills of the things carried out on my car.

My Fiat Linea MJD  EDIT: 365 days completed, 36000 kms driven-img.jpg

My Fiat Linea MJD  EDIT: 365 days completed, 36000 kms driven-img_0001.jpg

But now I'm facing a big issue with the car. Its those bloody Brake Discs again that have given up. Barely 2000 km after I got the brake discs and pads repalced, the Shuddering problem has resurfaced again !
Wasting no time I immediately call up Concorde Motors and book an appointment. When the Service Advisor test drove the car , he as usual arrived at the conclusion that the Brake Discs are defective. How is it possible ??? I mean I can sort of give in the fact that the original discs might be defective, but the discs that were put 2 months back from the same dealer is also defective ??? I just couldn't believe. So in just 11300 km I had to replace the Discs and Pads twice ? that must be a record of sorts.

The Service guy calms me by saying that this replacement of Discs will also be done under warranty BUT no parts availability !! I will have to wait at least 2 days until he sources it from other dealers.

So I get a call yesterday that the parts have arrived and that I should come at the earliest to get it changed. I decided to go today and had to leave office early so that I reach the Service Center but eventually thanks to Bangalore's traffic and horrible roads , it took me 2 hrs to reach from Marathahalli to Mysore Road (that too at non peak hrs). Was at the service center at 5 pm and somehow forced him to get the job done immediately to which he agreed. The guys at Concorde Motors are extremely warm and friendly and they carried out my job even though it was past their closing time. As expected all this was done under warranty.

So here I am having clocked 11300 km and on my 3rd set of Brake discs and Pads. This time keeping all fingers crossed that the 'Original' parts are not 'Defective'. I have one question here. How can original spare parts turn out to be defective ?? aren't there any quality control or checks to prevent such mishaps from occurring ?
Old 19th September 2011, 21:17   #42
BHPian

Guys today I think I might have a new problem with my Linea . While coming back to home from office, I could see the green signal with about 10 sec remaining, so I decided to floor it. Needless to say I got the turbo kick and was making really good progress and crossed the signal.

However immediately after that, I could feel that the turbo kick was almost nil. When I revved and revved I got the same turbo kick BUT at about 3k rpm instead of 1750~2000 rpm. After that it became so sluggish that I had to rev in almost every gear that I drive in and whenever the rpm dropped below 2000 rpm, it became sluggish.

I immediately did some research on this and found out that similar problems had been faced by people in their MJDs' and all of them recommend to reset the ECU by disconnecting the negative terminal of battery for 15 min. Thats exactly what I did and after 15 min reconnected the battery and went for a test drive. Now it behaved as normal with the turbo kicking in at about 1700-2000 rpm. Later, I decided to floor it in 2nd gear again to see whether the problem persists and to my disbelief, it did

What could be the issue here ? Do I have to take it to the service center again ?
Old 28th September 2011, 20:07   #43
BHPian

[quote What could be the issue here ? Do I have to take it to the service center again ?[/quote]

That's a cruel way to leave a post pending!
Please break the suspense and let us know how things have shaped up since!
We just hope nothing is serious
Old 13th October 2011, 22:00   #44
BHPian

@rohittunga,

Did u get a call from Prerana Motors saying Fiat is replacing Rear Axle of linea. Did u get a similar call ?

As mentioned by you even i replaced my Power Steering Hose Pipe and also O ring of AC.

I have taken an appointment on Monday.
Mine is Feb 2011 Linea MJD

regards
Ashok
Old 14th October 2011, 23:10   #45
BHPian

Yes. I did get a call from Prerana Motors regarding some components of rear axle being upgraded. It seems they require the car for at least 1.5 days.
Any idea as to what might be the reason for this move by Fiat ??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks