Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2015, 13:18   #181
BHPian

re: Luxury personified : Skoda laura TDI AT Elegance EDIT: Now sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinj14 View Post
I think one should only make city-specific or dealer specific judgements about the state of a company's A.S.S dept. A basic research into the local service centers and their reputation MUST be a part of the process when one is considering the purchase of new car.
I second that. In addition to the overall impression of a company A.S.S, one should always spend some time to collect feedback from current owners/friends about your local service center before the purchase.
Contrary to overall perception regarding excellent Maruti A.S.S, I have had multiple bad experiences with them. However, always received top notch services from FIAT which is surprising.
Old 28th October 2015, 19:31   #182

Quote:
Assuming you have rain and light sensors you can do this. Not straight forward though. You also need a repair wire and need to make a connection from the bcm to the light switch wiring harness. Pm me if you need more details. I have the exact pin numbers where you need to make the connection and the light switch with the repair wire.
Thank you vinj14 for your posts! Could you please tell me the PIN numbers from BCM to light switch? Inspired by you I am in the endeavour of updating my Laura!
ashishjalex is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2016, 08:01   #183
BHPian

Sorry for the late reply pin 20 black box bcm
Old 20th February 2016, 09:12   #184
BHPian

Major updates guys! I was going to update this thread in Dec to reveal the end of my stint as the tamer of this Czech work horse. But then the chennai floods happened and we lost quite a bit. This Czech beast was safe and sound in my sisters house while the whole of chennai was submerged.
We lost a Creta (30 days old), honda city, skoda yeti and a fiat linea. Luckily I sold the BMW X1 the previous month.
We needed 4 vehicles and I had decided to only buy pre owned. Also had decided buy the vehicles only from the retrieved insurance money. No extra Moolah was going to be thrown in here.

The first decision was the simplest. The Laura heads back home!! My sister didn't need it anymore and I wanted two more years with this Czech beauty.
Then after weeks of researching the new stable looks like this..
1) Laura 2011 elegance dsg
2) Laura 2012 elegance manual
3) Renault fluence 2013 petrol cvt
4) fiat line tjet 2014

Really happy that we could get these all within the money obtained from the insurance companies.

Now... If I was going to go back to the Laura it had to be done up! It had a be a new and a different experience. Here's a teaser. The details in the next post
Luxury personified : Skoda laura TDI AT Elegance EDIT: Now sold!-imageuploadedbyteambhp1455939757.524866.jpg
vinj14 is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 12th March 2016, 08:08   #185
BHPian

Few more mods!

Oem rvcam.
Xenons which have been coded. So no errors. (Cost only 3k )
License plate leds, interieor LEDs, parking lights LEDs, led puddle lights.
Swapped out the Asian drls to original vrs drls with dimming function
17 inch skoda Venus alloys. Looks bril! Riding on 225/44/17 conti sports contact 3.

The hid retrofit was the best. Ballast was ultra slim so it could be placed inside the headlight unit. No wires piercing through the rubber cap. These non canbus ballast just needed to be coded using vcds to work without throwing up errors. I didn't want to get canbus kits because they start heating up and causing all kinds of problems. Thanks to the super informative threads in briskodA.

Luxury personified : Skoda laura TDI AT Elegance EDIT: Now sold!-img_1399.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Luxury personified : Skoda laura TDI AT Elegance EDIT: Now sold!-imageuploadedbyteambhp1457749720.851729.jpg  

Luxury personified : Skoda laura TDI AT Elegance EDIT: Now sold!-imageuploadedbyteambhp1457749818.282931.jpg  

Luxury personified : Skoda laura TDI AT Elegance EDIT: Now sold!-img_1298.jpg  

Last edited by vinj14 : 12th March 2016 at 08:23.
vinj14 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 12th March 2016, 15:45   #186
Team-BHP Support

Have you considered painting those wheels? They look hot, but I think they will look even better in a dark gunmetal or gloss black. Whatsay?
Old 12th March 2016, 19:19   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Have you considered painting those wheels? They look hot, but I think they will look even better in a dark gunmetal or gloss black. Whatsay?
Haha. They were actually gunmetal and i repainted back oem silver colour! This cappuccino beige is a weird colour. Just doesn't look great with contrast matte or gloss black. I've seen some cappuccino beige rapids with the black package and they don't look so hot. If i had white, silver, red or grey i would have done it for sure.
Old 12th March 2016, 23:53   #188
BHPian

Looks fantastic and you are spot on about alloys and the cappuccino beige colour! We have nearly identical looking cars.

Can I ask you to share the coding bit for the hid please? I blew one bcm and am back to stock bulbs which aren't the best. This would greatly help me in going back to xenons.

Rohan
Old 13th March 2016, 08:05   #189
BHPian

Just go to central electronics.
in byte 14 ,bit 3 is the xenons with shutters option. tick that, save and you're done.

Buy non canbus hid conversion kits. Now that they can be coded in you don't need canbus ones with inbuilt resistors. Mine are H7 35W 4300K.
Old 21st March 2016, 23:54   #190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Xenons which have been coded. So no errors. (Cost only 3k )

The hid retrofit was the best. Ballast was ultra slim so it could be placed inside the headlight unit. No wires piercing through the rubber cap. These non canbus ballast just needed to be coded using vcds to work without throwing up errors. I didn't want to get canbus kits because they start heating up and causing all kinds of problems. Thanks to the super informative threads in briskodA.

Attachment 1484916
Hi, could you please share some more details on this retrofit? Link to the ballast kit, bulbs? And if you could share the Briskoda links that helped you, would be great! Thanks in advance
Old 18th May 2016, 08:19   #191
BHPian

Upgrading to the new octy 3 vrs steering! Will be putting up my old vrs multifunction steering with paddles in the classified section soon.
Here's what I'm awaiting Luxury personified : Skoda laura TDI AT Elegance EDIT: Now sold!-imageuploadedbyteambhp1463539777.259471.jpg
vinj14 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 9th July 2016, 16:29   #192
BHPian

Some pics of the new look interiors.
OCty 3 vrs steering flat bottom
Centre trims in gloss black like the new Jetta ( pic of Jetta interiors to compare)
If only I could convert the interiors to an all black theme. !

Luxury personified : Skoda laura TDI AT Elegance EDIT: Now sold!-imageuploadedbyteambhp1468061751.885600.jpg
Luxury personified : Skoda laura TDI AT Elegance EDIT: Now sold!-imageuploadedbyteambhp1468061781.330739.jpg
Luxury personified : Skoda laura TDI AT Elegance EDIT: Now sold!-imageuploadedbyteambhp1468061801.115239.jpg
Luxury personified : Skoda laura TDI AT Elegance EDIT: Now sold!-imageuploadedbyteambhp1468061864.622758.jpg
Luxury personified : Skoda laura TDI AT Elegance EDIT: Now sold!-imageuploadedbyteambhp1468061888.834632.jpg
vinj14 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 29th July 2016, 03:47   #193
BHPian

Quote:
OCty 3 vrs steering flat bottom
Centre trims in gloss black like the new Jetta ( pic of Jetta interiors to compare)
If only I could convert the interiors to an all black theme. !
Hi there! Those are some great changes you've been making to the car. Can you please share where you bought the new steering wheel from and if the change in color of the trim is using paint/vinyl?

The only way to change to an all black theme would be either to swap interior parts with a VRS or go to Color Glo in Kerala where they will dye your interior for you.
Old 29th July 2016, 14:45   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalajprakash View Post
Hi there! Those are some great changes you've been making to the car. Can you please share where you bought the new steering wheel from and if the change in color of the trim is using paint/vinyl?

The only way to change to an all black theme would be either to swap interior parts with a VRS or go to Color Glo in Kerala where they will dye your interior for you.

Hey got the steering from skodadop

I changed the centre console panels. Three parts . Radio trim surround, ashtray/ storage and gear lever trim. I bought these online from eBay. They were used parts. The gear lever trim I painted cause I could find the part
Old 9th August 2016, 23:07   #195
BHPian

Think my time with this baby is nearing the end. Got the dreaded new car itch.
For those who want this baby have a look at the classifieds soon..
vinj14 is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks