Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2011, 13:35   #16
BHPian

re: Luxury personified : Skoda laura TDI AT Elegance EDIT: Now sold!

Congratulations on your new set of wheels. Perfect choice in my point of view.
I also liked your idea for iPOD. Smart buy.
I noticed that your car has TN registration plates with TMP (Temporary registration) that too with black numbers on white board instead of the usual white on red board or red on yellow board. More over I read that you got your vehicle was registered at Pondy. Could you please throw some light on this. I am curious to know . Also did you pay extra for temporary registration?
Old 31st July 2011, 14:01   #17
Team-BHP Support

Congratulations Vinj14. That’s an awesome number you got. The Laura indeed is a seriously good looking car.

And yes, with difference of only 1.5 lakhs, the Elegance looks excellent VFM (especially after the silent feature deletions from the Ambiente)
Old 31st July 2011, 17:44   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got BHP? View Post
Congratulations on your new set of wheels. Perfect choice in my point of view.
I also liked your idea for iPOD. Smart buy.
I noticed that your car has TN registration plates with TMP (Temporary registration) that too with black numbers on white board instead of the usual white on red board or red on yellow board. More over I read that you got your vehicle was registered at Pondy. Could you please throw some light on this. I am curious to know . Also did you pay extra for temporary registration?
Not sure about the colour of the boards. But the dealer told me to get it temporarily registered in chennai first( temp registration is valid for a month) as getting it registered in my pondy address might take a couple of weeks. And no extra charge for the temporary registration. So i will be taking the vehicle to pondy sometime soon to get the permanent registration.
Old 31st July 2011, 18:38   #19
BHPian

The black on White board is correct for TMP registration. The White on red is for cars with dealers. In this case a customer has done temp reg for a month as he will be re registering the car in another state.
Old 31st July 2011, 22:36   #20
BHPian

Congratulations vinj14-your car looks great. Very good colour.Nice plush interiors with bright beige colours is very refreshing. The 3D mats add to it!

Post more snaps of the rear seats etc. Keep updating your thread regularly.
Enjoy the Auto experience and drive safe!!

BTW,do you drive without shoes on? or were you just in a leisurely mood?

Last edited by charthom : 31st July 2011 at 22:40.
Old 31st July 2011, 23:02   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post
Congratulations vinj14-your car looks great. Very good colour.Nice plush interiors with bright beige colours is very refreshing. The 3D mats add to it!

Post more snaps of the rear seats etc. Keep updating your thread regularly.
Enjoy the Auto experience and drive safe!!

BTW,do you drive without shoes on? or were you just in a leisurely mood?
Thanks.. No car was stationary and i was just taking a snap of the steering wheel to post on team bhp. Removed my slippers before i stepped in to keep the 3d mats looking clean for the pics .. i gotto agree though, i does look quite odd !!
Old 31st July 2011, 23:48   #22
BHPian

Congratulations for the Skoda. It seems you have been smitten by the vehicle. Different set of OE alloy design. The interiors look super plush.
Enjoy driving the oil burner.
Old 1st August 2011, 00:17   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinj14 View Post
Congrats!! The rain sensors should work. Just go through the manual thoroughly and see if the stalk and the switches are in the right position. If it still doesnt work then get them fixed asap!! Make sure you get all these extra features working. It makes you feel less guilty for splurging and going for the elegance trim !!
Thanks.

I tried as per the manual but sometimes it wipes without any need and vice versa, requiring manual intervention.
Old 1st August 2011, 02:52   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinj14 View Post
Not sure about the colour of the boards. But the dealer told me to get it temporarily registered in chennai first( temp registration is valid for a month) as getting it registered in my pondy address might take a couple of weeks. And no extra charge for the temporary registration. So i will be taking the vehicle to pondy sometime soon to get the permanent registration.
That is really good to know. Every day at team-bhp is a learning day .

Drive safe and have fun every time you drive to and fro Pondy. Do keep us updated on the driving/ ownership experience.
Got BHP? is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2011, 07:55   #25
Senior - BHPian

Car looks fantastic. Can you throw some light on the VAS activiated DRL's. Cost and any concerns with warranty?
Old 1st August 2011, 08:15   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
Car looks fantastic. Can you throw some light on the VAS activiated DRL's. Cost and any concerns with warranty?
Not 100% sure though, i feel the charge to activate this feature is minimum is there is any. when you buy a new car and request for the same i doubt they would charge at all. It's basically hooked up and the feature is unlocked. It is already present on the vehicle, just de-activated as standard.
It is done at the dealer workshop itself, so i believe it will not void warranty.
Old 1st August 2011, 09:14   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats on the Fab ride Vinj14!
This was also a top contender for my ride a few months back, but instead of the Laura, I went for its sibling the Yeti!
The Laura is an amazing car, especially in the Elegance trim with AT. Nothing beats the thrill that this engine can generate when you just floor the accelerator. The Yeti also has the same engine too.
Your mileage is also bound to improve and depending on your driving style, on higways you can get upto 20-21 kmpl. City driving should give you in the range of 13-15, once the engine settles down.
Wishing you tons of fun with your car (and a good A.S.S experience!)
Old 1st August 2011, 09:14   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeSan27 View Post
Thanks.

I tried as per the manual but sometimes it wipes without any need and vice versa, requiring manual intervention.
That does happen from time to time. Just adjust the sensitivity depending on whether its wiping excessively or not wiping. That usually solves the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
Two minute process. Done free of cost by the skoda dealer. No questions of the warranty being affected. Once the feature is activated you can de-activate or re-activate it at any time by yourself ( Pg.52 of the manual tells you how).

Last edited by GTO : 1st August 2011 at 10:56. Reason: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another!
vinj14 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2011, 15:37   #29
Senior - BHPian

Vinj: Congrats on the new purchase. Finally there is another Beige Laura on the forum!
Those mats look great , and the Skoda logo gives it that special feeling. Something like it specially made for a Skoda.
Enjoy the beast, and do post some more pics of the ride!
Old 1st August 2011, 16:36   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Skoda logo gives it that special feeling
Where did you get the Logo? I like the logo. The beige is fantastic and the car lines are just "Superb". The wheels are good for one its easy to clean them considering its very tough with my Jetta to get into the gaps.

Do let me know where you got the logo?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks