Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2012, 13:34   #121
Senior - BHPian

re: Luxury personified : Skoda laura TDI AT Elegance EDIT: Now sold!

Very well done with the mods. Tell me can you see the AC settings on the ICE ? Like in the Superb where it shows the temp and airflow in graphics ?
Old 18th April 2012, 16:17   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omtoatom View Post
Remarkable mods on the car vinj14. Your perseverance, general appetite for risk and patience are exemplary. Take a bow buddy!

While on the subject, would you mind telling us how you went about getting and installing the maxidot? That seems like a real mouth-watering prospect for, and totally worth a shot on my vRS. You know get her inching closer to the L&K.
Thanks! Replacing the instrument cluster has to be done in the skoda workshop. It adapted/activated online using VAS. The procedure is fairly simple. Its the same procedure normally followed to replace a faulty instrument cluster, nothing more. Its a great mod but quite pricey! IMHO if you are thinking of such major mods, the first one has to the multi-function steering wheel!

I think a bhpian from mumbai with a yeti has done quite a bit with his car. Maybe he can help. Nothing like exploring these things with a fellow BHPian ... PM me if you need any help

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_kapur View Post
Very well done with the mods. Tell me can you see the AC settings on the ICE ? Like in the Superb where it shows the temp and airflow in graphics ?
Yes it does!

Last edited by vinj14 : 18th April 2012 at 16:27.
Old 19th April 2012, 14:18   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinj14 View Post
Its the same procedure normally followed to replace a faulty instrument cluster, nothing more. Its a great mod but quite pricey!
Would you mind putting a cost to it? A ballpark would do just fine.

Quote:
IMHO if you are thinking of such major mods, the first one has to the multi-function steering wheel!
I've actually checked precisely that with Akshay on his vRS ownership thread just a coupla days back. And happy to report that it's 'work in progress' my friend.

I intend to continue to dig more and get a closure soon.

Quote:
I think a bhpian from mumbai with a yeti has done quite a bit with his car. Maybe he can help. Nothing like exploring these things with a fellow BHPian ... PM me if you need any help
Sure thing partner - expect a PM soon! Thanks again. BTW do you happen to recollect that BHPian's handle?
Old 19th April 2012, 17:03   #124
Senior - BHPian

You have real guts to do all these mods on a new Laura. All the credit goes to the guys at the service center as well.

I want to add MFS, Cruise Control & MaxiDot display for my VW-Vento as well. Hunting for nice chap who can perform all these.

Anyways, you rock dude!

Last edited by Ramsagar : 19th April 2012 at 17:04.
Old 5th May 2012, 10:27   #125
Senior - BHPian

one question, MAXIDOT requires the steering wheel with multi function controls too? if yes, how much did you end up spending on the installation for the MAXIDOT alone? rest all mods you have sufficiently elaborated explanations.

Last edited by adi_petrolhead : 5th May 2012 at 10:41.
Old 6th May 2012, 10:37   #126
BHPian

Great work Vinj! Also love the 'Title Change' request; very apt! I have to appreciate your dedication and perseverance in the prep work you must have put in to get the parts and your workshop guys in 'harmony'. No mean feat given the attitude of 'dealerships' in our fair country.
Ayedongivadam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2012, 19:21   #127
BHPian

Im still a hundred plus kms shy of reaching the 10,000 kms mark but i had some free time so i thought i update this thread. In a month i'm going to complete one year with the laura and its been one heck of experience. The car hasn't thrown up any major issues. Had some rattling noises sorted out by the dealer on a couple of occasions but apart from that no serious issues.

The long drives have been an absolute delight. It handles beautifully, there's never shortage of any power and just push down to the 'S' mode to have all the fun you want. The paddles have definitely played its part in making this experience all the more enjoyable.

Surprisingly, i used the cruise control quite a bit on these long journeys. Being able to inc/dec the speed using the rocker switch definitely makes the feature fun to use and quite addictive to be honest. The maxidot and bluetooth are not just fancy features to have. Their practicality definitely matches their fanciness. I can do so much with the maxidot its ridiculous! And the OEM bluetooth kit is a must have. Touch screen dialpad, voice control, streaming music, contact list on the maxidot and the bolero,.... need i say more?

I wish autocar or overdrive could take my car and compare it with the jetta! . Paddles, dual zone a/c, nicer steering with controls, better leather seats, doesn't look like the fabia or superb..Ok ill stop. No offence meant to the jetta owners. I actually love the car but it seriously blows that a 22 lakh car doesn't have even one of the following features: ACC, sunroof, xenons or memory seats!

Thought i'd add some better quality pics this time around..

Luxury personified : Skoda laura TDI AT Elegance EDIT: Now sold!-imag0044.jpg

Luxury personified : Skoda laura TDI AT Elegance EDIT: Now sold!-imag0042.jpg

Luxury personified : Skoda laura TDI AT Elegance EDIT: Now sold!-imag0062.jpg

Luxury personified : Skoda laura TDI AT Elegance EDIT: Now sold!-imag0047.jpg

Luxury personified : Skoda laura TDI AT Elegance EDIT: Now sold!-imag0046.jpg

Luxury personified : Skoda laura TDI AT Elegance EDIT: Now sold!-imag0032.jpg

Luxury personified : Skoda laura TDI AT Elegance EDIT: Now sold!-imag0038.jpg

Luxury personified : Skoda laura TDI AT Elegance EDIT: Now sold!-imag0039.jpg

Luxury personified : Skoda laura TDI AT Elegance EDIT: Now sold!-imag0052.jpg

Luxury personified : Skoda laura TDI AT Elegance EDIT: Now sold!-imag0033.jpg

Luxury personified : Skoda laura TDI AT Elegance EDIT: Now sold!-imag0058.jpg

Luxury personified : Skoda laura TDI AT Elegance EDIT: Now sold!-imag0060.jpg

Luxury personified : Skoda laura TDI AT Elegance EDIT: Now sold!-imag0051.jpg

Luxury personified : Skoda laura TDI AT Elegance EDIT: Now sold!-imag0061.jpg

Luxury personified : Skoda laura TDI AT Elegance EDIT: Now sold!-imag0064.jpg

Last edited by vinj14 : 2nd June 2012 at 19:26.
vinj14 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2012, 10:45   #128
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Wonder whether I can retro-fit the cruise control to the Yeti MT?
Any ideas or suggestions?
I know cruise control generally works best with the AT vehicles but Im just checking.
Old 3rd June 2012, 11:37   #129
BHPian

Quote:
I wish autocar or overdrive could take my car and compare it with the jetta!

I actually love the car but it seriously blows that a 22 lakh car doesn't have even one of the following features: ACC, sunroof, xenons or memory seats!
Ouch! OUCH! ouch! but I agree with you a 100 percent even though with a HL DSG Jetta there isn't all that far to go too retrofit something's to the car like the shifters, full MFD, cruise etc. I hope its people like us that make VW/Skoda and the rest sit up and take notice that we are in-fact willing to spend a few more bucks for relevant features that end up making our experience with their product that much more fruitful. I fail to see how these manufacturers don't realise that its a win win situation for them, be it the margins from sale of after-market OEM accessories or the customer satisfaction and word of mouth publicity they can derive from it.

Vinj, like last time could you send me the installation documents for the TPMS system if you have it? I'm also going to soon upgrade my Climatic panel to a ACC panel as posted in my thread (Of course it wont work as a full blown one) but I'm hoping that at least I will be able to integrate it with my RCD510 and will enhance the look and feel of the cockpit. I've collected quite a few guides and docs on everything but any you might have would be appreciated.

Thanks mate! Keep on mod'ding!
Old 3rd June 2012, 11:58   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan
Wonder whether I can retro-fit the cruise control to the Yeti MT?
Any ideas or suggestions?
I know cruise control generally works best with the AT vehicles but Im just checking.
Yes it's possible, but would suggest not to get this installed the effort and cost is too much! First you have to change the steering controller and then wiper and light stalk( this is integrate) then you need to route a new wire from the controller to the ECU, opening he ECU is quite difficult and need a clever and sensible engineer/mech and who knows what he is doing.

-Pramod
Old 4th June 2012, 22:36   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayedongivadam View Post
Ouch! OUCH! ouch! but I agree with you a 100 percent even though with a HL DSG Jetta there isn't all that far to go too retrofit something's to the car like the shifters, full MFD, cruise etc. I hope its people like us that make VW/Skoda and the rest sit up and take notice that we are in-fact willing to spend a few more bucks for relevant features that end up making our experience with their product that much more fruitful. I fail to see how these manufacturers don't realise that its a win win situation for them, be it the margins from sale of after-market OEM accessories or the customer satisfaction and word of mouth publicity they can derive from it.

Vinj, like last time could you send me the installation documents for the TPMS system if you have it? I'm also going to soon upgrade my Climatic panel to a ACC panel as posted in my thread (Of course it wont work as a full blown one) but I'm hoping that at least I will be able to integrate it with my RCD510 and will enhance the look and feel of the cockpit. I've collected quite a few guides and docs on everything but any you might have would be appreciated.

Thanks mate! Keep on mod'ding!
I dont have the installation instructions for the TPMS kit. I only have the wiring diagram. Its actually a very complicated process. You need to remove the abs module (which sits beneath the battery) , connect wires to the instrument cluster wiring harness, TPMS button etc..Apart from checking to make sure it works i've actually never needed to use the feature.. Let me know what you need and i'll try and help.

And a complete ACC retrofit??? If you manage to pull that off then your car suddenly becomes VFM !! Let me know how it goes.
Old 12th July 2012, 15:30   #132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello guys!!
And no im not talking about any after-market stuff that IMO destroys the beauty and the originality of the car. I'm talkin about all OE products installed using original wiring diagrams and installation instructions!
Hi Vinj14,

Could you please help me with the contacts of the czech dealer? I'm trying to buy the Columbus radio and the "superb" type steering with paddle shifts.
Old 12th July 2012, 17:08   #133
BHPian

His name is Alez and his email id is skodateile@seznam.cz

This is the link to his e-shop. Will give you a fair idea of what he has in stock.
www.skodateile.cz

Cheers!
Old 25th July 2012, 16:58   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinj14
His name is Alez and his email id is skodateile@seznam.cz

This is the link to his e-shop. Will give you a fair idea of what he has in stock.
www.skodateile.cz

Cheers!
The service guy is not ready to get the installation for me. Even at a cost. What do i do ?
Old 25th July 2012, 18:22   #135
BHPian

The columbus radio swap should be straightforward. Although i would suggest the bolero as the maps arent available for india. And the bolero is a 6 cd changer (if you're still into CD's). More importantly, you need a new dash fascia kit if you get the columbus, not so with the bolero.

The steering with paddles is best fitted in the workshop.. There's also some coding involved which the workshops outside might struggle with.
vinj14 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed