Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2011, 09:30   #31
BHPian

Re: Petrol prices increasing! Still, I chose the Honda City 1.5 V AT

Congratulations Althaaf, welcome to ANHC club.

AT is a league in itself, drive safe and have fun with Auto.

The push/power/volume button was not supposed to rotate with the know!

I mean the text should allways be horizontal and the knob alone is supposed to move atleast this is the case with mine. How come this is not in your case (from the pics)

Is this expected?

Last edited by raghu230506 : 1st August 2011 at 09:31. Reason: typo
Old 1st August 2011, 09:38   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
2K well worth it. MMI maps are much better.
But does the dealer do the exchange for you, or you have to source MMI on your own?
I have been in touch with Caska. Either they or Honda will arrange for it. You can collect it from either. Update charges,I forgot to ask.Will ask the and update.

@Raghu, It is the same in my Caska too. If you want aesthetic appeal then adjust the volume on the steering control.Yes,they should have made it stationery.An oversight,it seems.

Last edited by charthom : 1st August 2011 at 09:40.
Old 1st August 2011, 15:05   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post
Exclusive is limited edition- I think. But if it is available always then it becomes the top version, right. In that respect,Exclusive could be tagged as the top edition.

Yes-you are right about the seats.I think I made a mistake with the price-bluevolt has art leather seats-cost 7800/-. His photos are available on my thread.
I saw similar seats on another City at the dealers-they quoted 9000/-

kirantp has nice leather sets too-aftermarket. Cost him 28000/- Check out the snaps on my thread
The one available for 6-9 k is artificial leather or rexin. i got a quote for stanley leather seat + arm rest + door trim @ 25 k
Art leather seat with 3 year warranty for stitching and 1 yr warranty for material is availabe at 6k in thrissur. But door trim is not included

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Hearty Congratulations are in order, Altaaf!

The City has always been a wonderful head-turner, and after the recent price cuts, has become a nice little VFM package as well. The golden beige color will make your City stand out from the rest wherever it is parked, so your beauty will make you feel proud every time you lay your eyes on it.

Nicely detailed and engrossing review of your buying experience and initial impressions. Thank you for detailing a bit on the Caska HU as well (one of the things I am considering seriously for my next car). Looking forward to reading more of your experience in owning the most elegant car on Indian roads today.

Wishing you many long journeys ahead! Happy mile-crunching in the days to come, my friend!
Thanks a lot dear.. Do consider caska seriously. Its a great buy, you will not regret.

Quote:
@altaaf,

BTW,what tyres have you got?

How do you rate Cosmic Honda against Peninsular Honda? How is Cosmic Honda A.S.S.?

What accessories are under consideration? Have you been to any accessory shop etc? Anything worth mentioning?
Its MRF ZVTS, not that great, but good enough. Road noise is audible inside the cabin.
I have not tried peninsular honda for A.S.S. But from the inputs i got from few friends, peninsular honda charges double the amount charged by cosmic, at the same time work perfection is 10 times better in peninsular honda. It seems not many people goes to cosmic honda even though expenses are less. Am yet to experience it myself !
How many services have you done? How is peninsular honda A.S.S according to you?

First thing in consideration is damping of the doors.Next is a good 4 channel amp + good components. Now also sound quality is nice, still planning to upgrade, will keep you posted about the updates.

I would like to get turn indicator integrated ORVM too.

I also plan to do complete floor matting, i have done the same in jetta and its really great, easy to clean and look at.

Quote:
Does the push / power button rotate with the text like that?
That isn't very nice is it.
Camera quality looks good though.
BTW what version of maps comes loaded with the package?
and how much will it cost for future map upgrades?
Yea true, it is not at all nice!!! anyway, we have no option, the whole thing turns when you control volume.

Am not sure if there is any special free map updates. I guess i will have to purchase an update pack from map my india.

Quote:
Default is Satguide-useless. 2000 more for MapmyIndia-in my case. Hope altaaf will update. Future upgrade-not sure.Will update.
I guess purchasing update pack is the only option. Its available in their website

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Althaaf, noticed that your location have Thrissur mentioned, and the purchase is from Cosmic Honda, Cochin. Is the car housed in Thrissur, and how are the service arrangements with the ASC?
Keen to know, mainly because of the location. Thanks
Yea thrissur is my home town but the nearest honda dealer is located in cochin, thats why purchased from cochin. Now a new dealership by vision honda is coming up in thrissur, may be by this month end it will start functioning.
First free service was done in cosmic honda cochin, if vision honda opens their showroom before my next service, then i will do it here only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu230506 View Post
Congratulations Althaaf, welcome to ANHC club.

AT is a league in itself, drive safe and have fun with Auto.

The push/power/volume button was not supposed to rotate with the know!

I mean the text should allways be horizontal and the knob alone is supposed to move atleast this is the case with mine. How come this is not in your case (from the pics)

Is this expected?
Are you using the same caska unit? Even charthom has a caska unit and he also have this problem. I hope charthom will re confirm it
Quote:
Default is Satguide-useless. 2000 more for MapmyIndia-in my case. Hope altaaf will update. Future upgrade-not sure.Will update.
It is not like that. Caska unit comes without any pre installed map. We have the option to select either satguide or map my india. Satguide cost 2500 and mapmy india 4800. The caska unit alone cost Rs 48k, but if we inquire they will tell around 50 or more and tell it comes with satguide because, it may not be appealing to many customers when u say you will get only HU and no maps at this price. Then they will give you the option to upgrade to map my india @ 2k. Hope i made it clear.

Last edited by althaaf : 1st August 2011 at 15:20. Reason: Missed reply
Old 1st August 2011, 15:17   #34
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by althaaf View Post
Yea thrissur is my home town but the nearest honda dealer is located in cochin, thats why purchased from cochin. Now a new dealership by vision honda is coming up in thrissur, may be by this month end it will start functioning.
First free service was done in cosmic honda cochin, if vision honda opens their showroom before my next service, then i will do it here only.
Thanks Althaaf! Especially on the news of upcoming Vision Honda. So far my email interactions were with Peninsular Honda (and Charthom was of great help in getting some info)

Advantage Honda!
Old 1st August 2011, 15:25   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Althaaf! Especially on the news of upcoming Vision Honda. So far my email interactions were with Peninsular Honda (and Charthom was of great help in getting some info)

Advantage Honda!
Honda really owes charthom a good commission! Try cosmic honda too, if you want i can help you get a good bargain. Its better to talk on phone or meet in person than communication via email. Pm me for more details

MODS can merge this with my last post if needed.

Last edited by althaaf : 1st August 2011 at 15:26.
althaaf is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2011, 15:49   #36
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Honda really owes charthom a good commission! Try cosmic honda too, if you want i can help you get a good bargain. Its better to talk on phone or meet in person than communication via email. Pm me for more details
Thanks again Althaaf. I was looking for the Honda Jazz details. Now that the yard sale is over, I will wait for the face-lifted model (which could be coming later this month). And hopefully the Thrissur dealership comes up by then.
Old 1st August 2011, 16:04   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Are you using the same caska unit? Even charthom has a caska unit and he also have this problem. I hope charthom will re confirm it
No, Iam on stock system.

Didn't knew the orientation would change with the knob after installing Caska. What is this done for? Does push option still work in this case?
Old 1st August 2011, 16:16   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu230506 View Post
No, Iam on stock system.

Didn't knew the orientation would change with the knob after installing Caska. What is this done for? Does push option still work in this case?
I guess you are unaware about the fact that the stock HU is replaced completely before fixing caska. caska is not a HU like the kenwoods and pioneers, it comes with factory fit like exterior. In this case when u remove the OE HU, the volume knob, associated buttons everything will go and in that place this new caska with its button and knob is fixed. The one you see in my car is not the old volume knob, its a part of caska.
Old 1st August 2011, 16:35   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

I know a lot of BHPians are waiting for me to break the suspense on which car i brought. But am so sorry to depress the diesel fans! Yes, its a Honda city 1.5 V AT.
Ha ha! You really had us guessing at the Diesel Sedans thread, mate. What an anti-climax. But no, no depression whatsoever, since you bought a good car and one which matches your need of low running. It does have a very good cabin. Something the more recently designed cars lack (Fluidic, NFF etc).

It was probably the best petrol in the segment anyway. Reduced prices only make is better value.

Quote:
Its true that i would gain some amount on running expense but am already paying a premium for badging and for diesel engine and after that if i pay so much for servicing, then its better i go for some other brand.
And then you also have the Honda peace of mind and longevity.
Quote:
Interior and comfort:
Not very well equipped interior, but clean, airy n spacious with nicely designed dashboard with simple to use controls. Leg room is better compared to cruze but not comparable to jetta (Similar comment about cruze interior by me in my jetta buying experience caused many cruze lovers blood boil, so i in advance announce that the feeling of interior space is just my personal view and few others might feel cruze more spacious!!!)
Oh yes! It is better than the Cruze, which is pretty cramped in the rear. Also has headroom issues. Where do you find the Jetta's cabin better than the ANHC, mate?

Caska seems to be getting very popular on the Forum. It does fulfill a need of an OE looking HU and it brings a good and needed upgrade to the ICE. How do you find the sound quality mate?

Arrae yaar, as often, I get right onto the talk and the important thing takes a backseat - Hearty Congratulations Althaaf! Wishing you many many miles of comfortable and trouble use of this Honda.
Old 1st August 2011, 20:55   #40
BHPian

Quote:
i got a quote for stanley leather seat + arm rest + door trim @ 25 k
This price is correct. Stanley boutique is charging 30K+ with claims of pure leather all around. Toyota had quoted 47K for Stanley seats and door trims for Etios.
Quote:
Thanks a lot dear.. Do consider caska seriously. Its a great buy, you will not regret.
Quite entertaining-and stylish and helps to keep your nose high-hence as good as running nose. And useful sometimes,too.

Quote:
Its MRF ZVTS, not that great, but good enough. Road noise is audible inside the cabin.
Mine too.

Quote:
How many services have you done? How is peninsular honda A.S.S according to you?
Only the first free service. Very good personalised service-but they take it so personally,that you have to hang out at their work shop for a minimum of one extra hour-cracking silly jokes,checking out other cars and sharing your expertise to which they will pretend to lend an eager ear!! No punctuality in delivering the car-otherwise very good.

Quote:
I would like to get turn indicator integrated ORVM too.
How?Where? I asked many friends on the forum. No one knows. Peninsular Honda also pleads ignorance.

Quote:
Yea true, it is not at all nice!!! anyway, we have no option, the whole thing turns when you control volume.
For aesthetic appeal-adjust the volume on the steering!!

Quote:
Am not sure if there is any special free map updates. I guess i will have to purchase an update pack from map my india.
You can purchase the updates yourself or Caska/Honda will assist you. Caska is claiming it is not more than 800/- for the upcoming version -ie 6.1

Quote:
Same problem persists.

Quote:
It is not like that. Caska unit comes without any pre installed map. We have the option to select either satguide or map my india. Satguide cost 2500 and mapmy india 4800. The caska unit alone cost Rs 48k, but if we inquire they will tell around 50 or more and tell it comes with satguide because, it may not be appealing to many customers when u say you will get only HU and no maps at this price. Then they will give you the option to upgrade to map my india @ 2k. Hope i made it clear.
Exactly.They are trying to promote Satguide.

Quote:
(and Charthom was of great help in getting some info)
Quote:
Honda really owes charthom a good commission!
Anything for you,buddies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poitive View Post
Caska seems to be getting very popular on the Forum. It does fulfill a need of an OE looking HU and it brings a good and needed upgrade to the ICE.
Well,well-the certificate from the resident musician of Team-BHP!! Sound quality is surprisingly good-bass needs boosting,IMHO.
Old 1st August 2011, 21:14   #41
Senior - BHPian

Was checking out the MMI website the other day.
v 6.1 maps are out now.
It's Rs.990 for the normal PND devices.
should be around the same for the caska, or maybe a little more.
When i had asked about update for Sony, pioneer, jvc units with the MMI box.
they had said the map update will cost 2K

Last edited by mdsaab : 1st August 2011 at 21:16.
Old 1st August 2011, 21:20   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Was checking out the MMI website the other day.
v 6.1 maps are out now
The Caska guy suggested update of only alternate version-said usually one upgrade will have insignificant changes.
Old 6th August 2011, 17:12   #43
BHPian

First service experience (sorry for the delay in updating!)

I reached cosmic honda cochin @ 11.30 am, i got a warm welcome from the sales executive as soon as i entered the compound. He was with me throughout the time. I will give 9.9/10 for the sales executive and the entire sales part of the dealership.
Now coming to the Service experience. I have learnt from various sources that first service involves just confirming everything is fine and wont take more than 2 hrs at the max. The service engineer came and asked if i got any issues with the car and i had 2.

1) Alignment problem, there was a slight left side pulling in straight roads
2) Some rattling sound from center console, felt as if from caska fixing.

During delivery of the car, they had promised free window tint which was done to my satisfaction. Rattling sound completely disappeared which the mechanic told was due to some missing screw of caska unit to the center console.
The most important one, alignment problem was not fixed at all which i noticed after leaving the service center. I returned immediately and informed the executive that its not fixed. Then he himself came to service part and done the alignment process and there was a slight error on the right front tire, so it got fixed properly in front of me and the side pulling is supposed to disappear. One mechanic was about to take the car for test drive and i also sat with him. He was the worst driver i ever met in life. He was driving as if he is some race driver and he owns the car. I was totally disappointed by this. He was supposed to check if the side pulling problem is over. It was still present, i asked him to leave his hands free in straight road and car went slowly to the left side, he felt least worried about it and told there is nothing wrong and started his hot pursuit again. I myself never driven my car like this and that was really a bad experience. When i asked about the side pulling he told, its due to slightly curved road surface. So i asked him why don't it go to right side then, if its due to surface curve? (road is very slightly curved from center to edges in order ensure free flow of rain water.) He had no answer and the problem is supposedly rectified. If my car tire get uneven wear , am gonna sue them cos its their mistake.(what do u guys think?)
Now i reached home and found a 1 rupee coin on the floor and when i bend down to pick it, i was shocked to see that. A lot of marks on the plastic, it seems they tried to ply open the plastics with sharp screw driver type objects and there are permanent marks. There is a small unlock slot near the gear console which was meant for inserting the key and unlock the auto gear in case of battery failure. In the owners manual, they have clearly explained that it should be opened(the lid) with a screw driver or something like that after covering the tip with soft cloth in order to avoid marks on the surface. Am totally shocked to see that they even tried open it in a pathetic way with sharp object from all side and permanent marks there too. I don't understand why there was a need to open it. In my feed back about the service, i have clearly indicated the same to Honda and i hope Honda takes necessary action and fix my problems.
The pics don't really express the damage completely, but you can still make out.

Opened the gear console for no apparent reason, if they did it for rattling, then i clearly told them its from center of the dash board and may be from inside the Caska. I cant guess what got them to open n check the floor, by opening the gear console. Or if there is rattling sound will they ply open the entire car?

Petrol prices increasing! Still, I chose the Honda City 1.5 V AT-dscn0179.jpg

Gear unlock slot to be opened during emergency situations. Don't know what emergency was there to open it in such bad manner. Due to glossy surface the marks are not so clear in the pics
Petrol prices increasing! Still, I chose the Honda City 1.5 V AT-dscn0181.jpg

For service, i will give 1.5/10
Old 6th August 2011, 21:21   #44
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
First service experience (sorry for the delay in updating!)
Your service account started off quite well, with the interaction with the sales exec., but the service part was quite shocking. Maybe call the friendly sales exec. and let him know of the service disappointment. And probably it will be a good idea to check Peninsular Honda for the next service.
Old 6th August 2011, 22:05   #45
Senior - BHPian

My friend is planning to buy a honda city. He got a quote of 10.5L for V AT Exclusive with leather seats after discounts in Navi Mumbai. How is the deal?
Should he negotiate further?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks