Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2011, 03:00   #31
Team-BHP Support

Re: Cancelled Honda Jazz booking. Brought home a Skoda Fabia 1.6!

Congratulations sraye. Fantastic choice indeed! IMHO, this is one of the best petrol hatchback available in India (my other favourite is the one which you cancelled)

Does the 1.6 come with 15” wheels?
Old 3rd December 2011, 23:21   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Congratulations sraye. Fantastic choice indeed! IMHO, this is one of the best petrol hatchback available in India (my other favourite is the one which you cancelled)

Yes vb-san, unlike the 1.2 Petrols and Diesels, the 1.6 comes in only one trim - Elegance, which ever since the change is now offered with rear windscreen wiper/washer, defogger and 15" alloys!
MARCUS_520i is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2011, 19:10   #33

Hi Sraye,

My first post here, but have been reading on the forum for ages now. Very interesting post and am stuck in a similar quandary which you faced sometime back. Thankfully, because of the Thailand floods, Jazz is out of the contention, but am stuck between deciding between a Polo 1.2 Highline (or maybe even Comfortline) or a Fabia 1.6. Have always loved the looks of the Polo and its classiness, but Polo 1.6 would stretch my budget a bit too much (and then I'll end up thinking about the Rapid and Vento ), but Skoda is giving a stunning offer for the Fabia with 70k cashback, 30k worth of accessories and a 6.99% financing deal. Really difficult to turn away from such a deal - especially since at that price, I just about manage a Polo 1.6 Comfortline.

I will be using the car for myself, so I really don't need to have a large space at the back, so I'm good with Polo's size. In spite of the 3-pot loved the Polo's TD (had a Swift earlier, and this felt way smoother plus great brakes). The Fabia 1.2 was equally fun, but when I got to know about the 1.6 decided to TD that as well, and it was such a rockstar. Loved it! And now, I just can't make up my mind which one to pick.

Also, the problem is that they are offering me the old model without the rear wiper, defogger, etc. After reading your post, I called up the dealer here to blast him for offering the old model when the Elegance 1.6 is already available. He claims this is going to come out only in Feb, but he is going to check and let me know. Have let him know that if he doesn't manage to get hold of a new one, it's going to be a deal breaker.

Thanks for the answering the perennial "Kitna deti hai" question Just to compare, can the other Team BHPians let me know the city mileage of a Polo/Fabia 1.2 petrol?
Old 6th December 2011, 23:02   #34
BHPian

Congratulations, Sraye on a great buy and an even better ownership post. Fabia looks elegant in c-biege - my personal fav colour. Those 15" eight-spoke alloys are what the car really deserves; and with rear wipers and defog its a great deal you got there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sraye View Post

Oddly, the DRL(Daylight Running Lights) do not remain on in this car. Might be a tweak made by Skoda in tune with India,as DRL is not a legal requirement here. The other surprise was that the Odo shows FE in kmpl instead of the l/100km as earlier.
Its a good thing Skoda changed FE from l/100km to kmpl that we are more used to.

DRLs are possibly not necessary in India and turning them off saves some energy. Is there a switch in the fuse box, in case you need to turn DRL on?
Old 7th December 2011, 10:13   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Now9084 View Post
Hi Sraye,

My first post here, but have been reading on the forum for ages now.

Really difficult to turn away from such a deal - especially since at that price, I just about manage a Polo 1.6 Comfortline.
Welcome to TeamBHP! Its a wonderful world here.

BTW, I don't think Polo 1.6 comes in Comfortline variant. Polo 1.6 comes only in the top-end trim, the Highline. I would say go for the Fabia 1.6. Its a great car and right now being sold with great offers. You will never regret.
Old 7th December 2011, 10:22   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Welcome to TeamBHP! Its a wonderful world here.

BTW, I don't think Polo 1.6 comes in Comfortline variant. Polo 1.6 comes only in the top-end trim, the Highline. I would say go for the Fabia 1.6. Its a great car and right now being sold with great offers. You will never regret.
Hi, thanks for the welcome You're right about the Polo 1.6 coming only as a Highline. I was also actually debating about whether to get a Polo 1.2 Comfortline/Highline over a Fabia.
Old 7th December 2011, 10:43   #37
BHPian

Slightly longish reply. Was a bit busy with work ( as most of us are..) over the last week, hence could not reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepfusion View Post
Congratulations Sraye, on your Fabia 1.6.

I am saying this first hand. May be it was just one visit, but it was still jolly good.

Hope Skoda has ironed out the flaws in their service network.
Thank you deepfusion. Hope your visit is an indicator of a change in the Skoda ***. One lives in hope!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post

Thank you vb-san. Yes it now comes with 15" alloys. However, seems that this will be availble from Jan- feb onwards. Guess I got lucky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Now9084 View Post
Hi Sraye,

My first post here, but have been reading on the forum for ages now.

Thanks for the answering the perennial "Kitna deti hai" question Just to compare, can the other Team BHPians let me know the city mileage of a Polo/Fabia 1.2 petrol?
Welcome to t-bhp Now9084. Both the choices are good. If not for the requirement of space, the Polo would have been my first choice, and might not have even considered the Fabia. Of course now, I am glad that I did .

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajcs View Post
Congratulations, Sraye on a great buy and an even better ownership post. Fabia looks elegant in c-biege - my personal fav colour. Is there a switch in the fuse box, in case you need to turn DRL on?
Thank you rajcs. I really owe a big part of my purchasing decision to your great ownership report. The owners manual does show a switch to turn on/off the DRLs. However, have not been able to access that as yet ( read as remove the cover to access the fuse box). If you have managed to do that, please do let me know.

I am attaching a series of photos below. Unfortunately, cannot label each one, so the sequence is as follows:
1.Fabia Boot with the parcel tray
2. Central locking/unlocking. This unlocks the boot too. No seperate lever for unlocking the boot. Very convinient in malls during the security check.
3. Console on the dash. The last button is the rear defogger
4. Illuminated glove compartment( the bottom one)
5. Aux in/power source. Ciggie lighter not provided
6.Head lamp setting . The switch ( or is it called a knob?) needs to be pulled once for the front fog lamps and twice ( one more pull) for the rear fog lamps.The little compartment below it is perfect for a mobile phone/wallet.
7. All windows can be controlled from the driver's seat.
8. Speaker ( hardly visible..sorry for the poor photo quality) and tweeter
9. MFD ( Not shown all the settings. The mileage shown is the average mileage for the current trip)
10. Rear wiper/T-BHP sticker

Wanted to add ; the Caska HU sold bySkoda is genuine. The packet contained a warranty card 9 with hologram sticker) as well as three service coupons. The model no. is CAA 01.
Attached Thumbnails
Cancelled Honda Jazz booking. Brought home a Skoda Fabia 1.6!-boot.jpg  

Cancelled Honda Jazz booking. Brought home a Skoda Fabia 1.6!-central-lock.jpg  

Cancelled Honda Jazz booking. Brought home a Skoda Fabia 1.6!-dash-2.jpg  

Cancelled Honda Jazz booking. Brought home a Skoda Fabia 1.6!-glove-box.jpg  

Cancelled Honda Jazz booking. Brought home a Skoda Fabia 1.6!-handbrake.jpg  

Cancelled Honda Jazz booking. Brought home a Skoda Fabia 1.6!-headlights.jpg  

Cancelled Honda Jazz booking. Brought home a Skoda Fabia 1.6!-power-switches.jpg  

Cancelled Honda Jazz booking. Brought home a Skoda Fabia 1.6!-speakers.jpg  

Cancelled Honda Jazz booking. Brought home a Skoda Fabia 1.6!-mfd.jpg  

Cancelled Honda Jazz booking. Brought home a Skoda Fabia 1.6!-rear.jpg  

Last edited by sraye : 7th December 2011 at 11:03. Reason: answered question on Caska HU warranty/model
sraye is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2011, 12:13   #38
Senior - BHPian

@sraye: I must say that you got the car at a good price. When I was considering the Fabia 1.6 in Feb/ March, I was getting the car for 6.75 (under a group booking). I had to let go since others also dropped off. Now you got the same car for 50K less than the best offer in March and it has got more features too.
Talk about inflation!
Old 8th December 2011, 12:03   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N
@sraye: I must say that you got the car at a good price.
Honestly, car buying can be a bit of a gamble nowdays. Lots of new models/facelifts coming in all the time. Dealers are offering upto 80k off on the fabia w/o rear wipers and 14" alloys. The Jazz is another case in point with the price cuts and then new features at a lower cost.
As a customer one blesses competition pre purchase..and hopefully does not curse it post purchase.
Old 8th December 2011, 12:26   #40
BHPian

Mighty car, sraye! And a wonderfully written post. I wish I were as blessed to sit down patiently and write something that good and that long. :-). You are right! Many thnaks to rajcs for his honest opinion. There's this one line that he told me which rings continually in my head every time someone lets down my choice of a Skoda - "You almost always get the feeling that nothing can go wrong. That's the build quality of this Czech chick." And it very well has. Except for some minor quirks here and there just like any other. I was eagerly waiting to take a look at those 15 inch alloys. Your pics helped a lot. They resemble the Polos now spot-on.
mempheS.D is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2012, 11:52   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mempheS.D View Post
"You almost always get the feeling that nothing can go wrong. That's the build quality of this Czech chick."
Cannot agree more with these sentiments. Its a mixture of yayy its great, and touch wood," nazaar na laage" emotion simultaneously.
Sorry about rsponding so late, as I didn't want to unneccessarily bump up the thread.

Update: I have completed 5000kms today. The only issue faced have been 2 punctures. Apart from that the engine has opened up and the car is even more of a pleasure to drive. The mileage now hovers around 11.3 kmpl in peak mumbai traffic.

There was minor scratch on the side. Scratch treatment from 3M Andheri took care of that. Also got an interior clean and exterior foam wash done while at it. The experience was good, and might go there once a quarter.

Found the steering a bit wobbly a week back. On getting the tyre pressure checked, realised that the tyres had different PSIs. Got that corrected and all is fine. Am maintain the pressure at 32 nowdays.
Old 17th February 2012, 13:47   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sraye View Post
Cannot agree more with these sentiments. Its a mixture of yayy its great, and touch wood," nazaar na laage" emotion simultaneously.
Sorry about rsponding so late, as I didn't want to unneccessarily bump up the thread.
No problem mate.

Every time I see those leather seat covers, I'm tempted.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks