Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2011, 14:15   #31
BHPian

Re: Style, performance, Comfort: In love with My new Honda city VMT(ANHC)

My comments to your quote in bold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maanspeedo View Post
I got same size Michelins, 195/60/15 primacy LC.

Yes , lots of difference, Have driven 200 kilometers since then and My initial impressions are :
  • Yoko's were more planted on the road but Michelins are super smooth,super light ,feels as if I am gliding through the road, did not have such light feeling with yoko's ,I could actually feel the tyre weight on the road with yoko's.
You will feel the Michelins planted on the concrete roads.
  • FE : everyone around here said, wait for few months on that front and I shall wait for sure, but my MID has suddenly started showing avg of 9.5 instead of 6.5 to7.6 with Yoko's, this is super surprising and like an instant diagnostic test .
Good to know this instant difference.
  • steering response: lighter ,easier to manouver , I was finding yoko's very heavy to steer . Drove at 120 , at this speed yoko's felt better than michelins but then how often you drive at that speed ?, I guess thats the difference betwen performance oriented tyres like yoko ES100 and Comfortable Michelins.I have no regrets .
Yes, that what I meant when I had recommened Michelin Primacy LC.
  • wet/dry braking: almost similar, have not noticed any difference.
Look out for more difference, Michelins are supposed to be much better in wet braking.
  • Ride quality : LC in primacy LC stands for Luxury and comfort and so yes that is surely better than es100, low rolling resistance, softer rubber, many such reasons as per Michelin brochure
I am happy that I did that exchange , lost some money , in fact could have bought another tyre in that amount which I lost, but then my restless soul finally rests in peace of driver's seat now .Thanks Remingtonsteele, for rubbing me and poking me to check my options little more

Well Dude I never expected you to go and change you new Yoko's right away (you are too much ), it was just a suggestion from my side that given a choice Michelins would have been better.

Thanks man,yes I am sure FE will improve.

Firebug, you, Remingtonsteele, NikhilB, all of you have helped me to take the right decision.Thanks guys, I am happy I joined team-BHP and I am so much in love that My car is already sporting Team-BHP sticker , see the back number plate.

You better sport a Team-BHP sticker now

Thanks , it is never too late for congratulations and wishes , see the comparo above.

ha ha ha , Restless crazy men never wait for long !..

And yeah, you guessed my thought process almost to the point ,thats super .cheers

Relieved to know most of your issues are ironed out. Keep posting more on your ownership and experiences, not to forget that we need many more pics on your super ride.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Safari_Beast View Post
Btw you will not loose warranty on suspension as you have got same dimension of alloys and also tyres with same profile with just wider patch . .
Thats not true, the dimensions are not exactly the same, having said that Honda Dealer said any non-Honda alloys voids the warranty, plus he has upsized the shoes which confirms suspension warranty is void.
Anyway, why think of all this, enjoy the car! Enjoy the i-VTEC!!

Last edited by RemingtonSteele : 10th August 2011 at 14:22.
Old 10th August 2011, 14:27   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safari_Beast View Post
TheBeastFieast has honda iVtec AT with 195 60 R 15 primacy LC tyres and i have heard from him about 14 to 15 km / L efficiency . Mdsaab claim of average is right , just let the engine run in and open up after some Kms . I will contact him to post details of efficiency . Btw you will not loose warranty on suspension as you have got same dimension of alloys and also tyres with same profile with just wider patch . .
Thanks for sharing this information.

I am sure I will get That kind of FE.

Not sure about warranty though, in fact not even considering it anymore . Tyre and wheel change changes the dynamics from OE fitment and though my modification has changed it by just 1.07% ( under 2% is usually allowed) , still I am not worrying about the warranty anymore. Just enjoying the ride
Old 10th August 2011, 15:00   #33
Senior - BHPian

Hey Maanspeedo

Sorry for a late reply. What a report that was! I give it a EEE rating. Exciting, Exhaustive- in terms of cars TDed and seen in flesh, Enriching - information-wise. And the outcome of this amazing r&d is so damn good man. That ANHC of yours looks most stunning. Congrats!

Regarding the FE, dont worry at all. ANHC's FE improves greatly over the period. One of my friends who owns an EMT, drives it so badly...sorry so "pathetically". Constantly at 150+ speeds, all the time urgent braking, too many gear changes and still manages an FE of 15-16 KMPL on average, which is huge considering the "opposite-of-conducive" driving style.

Wishing you many happy miles with the beauty.

Cheers!
Old 10th August 2011, 15:35   #34
BHPian

@Maanspeedo - You've got yourself a 10L beast many congrats dude. The Red body with beige interiors adds a bit more dimension to the City. Loved the alloys & art leather seats as well.

@mdsaab - you must contemplate writing a book - "How to tame your dragon?"
Old 12th August 2011, 14:21   #35
BHPian

1. Art leather original Honda beige seat covers, door panels, center arm rest : 4.5.k
4. Parking sensors without camera , sensors painted in habnero red on order : 3.5 k

Original Honda seat covers?so are they available at the dealership?

Which brand are the sensors?And how is the accuracy?
Old 12th August 2011, 16:14   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Hey Maanspeedo

Sorry for a late reply. What a report that was! I give it a EEE rating. Exciting, Exhaustive- in terms of cars TDed and seen in flesh, Enriching - information-wise. And the outcome of this amazing r&d is so damn good man. That ANHC of yours looks most stunning. Congrats!

Regarding the FE, dont worry at all. ANHC's FE improves greatly over the period. One of my friends who owns an EMT, drives it so badly...sorry so "pathetically". Constantly at 150+ speeds, all the time urgent braking, too many gear changes and still manages an FE of 15-16 KMPL on average, which is huge considering the "opposite-of-conducive" driving style.

Wishing you many happy miles with the beauty.

Cheers!

Thanks a lot mate, and yea thanks for that FEE rating ,I am sure I shall improve upon FE with time, and your frind's story brings more confidence when I say that. still , please do suggest him not to molest this beautiful machine so much .

[quote=arup.misra;2463426]@Maanspeedo - You've got yourself a 10L beast many congrats dude. The Red body with beige interiors adds a bit more dimension to the City. Loved the alloys & art leather seats as well.

Thanks Arup, I am sorry to have missed replying to your PM, regarding your request, please check out shreyas motors(hirav) at milan subway for accessories and bombay tyres(vicky) opposite it for alloys and tyres.
P.S.: Dear MODS, I do not have any vested interest in sharing the details of these shops and am not promoting the same .

Quote:
Originally Posted by revintup View Post
1. Art leather original Honda beige seat covers, door panels, center arm rest : 4.5.k
4. Parking sensors without camera , sensors painted in habnero red on order : 3.5 k

Original Honda seat covers?so are they available at the dealership?

Which brand are the sensors?And how is the accuracy?

Original honda, I meant covers which have fit of original Honda city ivtec.

Honda does not make art leather covers.

parking sensors are very good, I will have to see the bill to see the brand, but they came with one year proper warranty , card and bill etc.
Old 12th August 2011, 16:18   #37
BHPian

Accessory Update :

I was not too happy with the thin plasticky mats given by the dealer in beige and after surfing through various posts and details of KAGU mates from 3D , I decided to go for the same.

I got the number of Mumbai dealer here at Team-BHP ,called him up and got the rates and then asked my regular accessory guy to source from him as the main dealer is almost 25 kilometers away in old Mumbai town and I live in suburbs.

I got Beige colour 3D Kagu mats for ANHC for 4.5 K .

They are super.

Thanks friends for guiding me on the same.

Cheers
Old 12th August 2011, 17:08   #38
BHPian

Yeh congrats on your ride, welcome to ANHC club. Drive safe and and have fun with IVTEC

FE of ANHC depends purely on the way you drive, don't worry you would see better FE
Old 23rd August 2011, 14:59   #39
BHPian

All new Honda city(ANHC) Ivtec VMT 2000 Kilometer ownership update /1 month update

Okay , so my ownership completes exact 1 month today and yes,I have driven the car for 2010 kilometers already !
Did not send it for first service at 1000 km as that happened too early(wihin 10 days ), now sending the car to service tomorrow .

My driving : I have driven almsot 1200 km in Mumbai trafiic during this month and another 800 km for a Mumbai-Trayambkeshwar-Nashik-Shirdi-Shani Shignapur-Nashik-Mumbai trip last weekend ( Folks in town and have been taking them around visiting temples )

FE : everyone here knows about my adventures with tyres from stock to Yoko ES100 to Michelin Primacy LC and my major concern about FE during first 1000 kms.
Well, it started with around 10 on stock tyres ( 2 days), 7.0( on yoko ES100) and 9.5-10.5 city since then , got 16 consistently on the last weekend trip through the well laid out Mumbai-Nashik highways and completely broken Tryambkeshwar road through sleepy villages . ( hoping it improves after few serviceS)

Suspension and drive quality : has been superb all this time, was worried about noise filtering to cabin in the beginning which I am used to now, have learnt to manage big speed breakers well and yes the suspension rocks, it took my weekend trip and completely broken roads , potholes, mud filled roads pretty well.

driving pleasure : superb, excellent OE ICE has been a boon and gearshift super smooth , little difficulty I am still facing in first gear which should be rectified in first service hopefully , did not feel any tiredness, back ache after 800 kilometes in 1.5 days through various type of roads , that shows the driving comfort .

What I dont like :
1. humming sound of AC, absence of Automatic climate control, I am super cold-sensitive and have to kepp fiddling with AC knob all the time to get the optimum temperature .
2. absence of auto folding side mirrors : I ahte to close them while parking in office.

Tyre pressure : 32/30 in primacy LC 195/60/15 , Nitrogen

That completes the one month rendezvous with my Japanese super beauty

Cheers

Will be back soon..
Maanspeedo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2011, 15:22   #40
Team-BHP Support

Hey, good to know you're enjoying your beauty; I had a super driver in the Shivaliks in mine. The car is a pleasure to drive!

The A/c hum can get irritating if you're using it continuously. It's funny actually - at the end of our 14 hour drive of day 1 of our Valley of Flowers trip (a/c was on thru' out), the a/c hum still resonated in our ears (akin to how you feel like oscillating after a long train journey). Be it the a/c hum or the engine sound, I feel the cabin is not greatly insulated.

ACC - man, I itch for it too! Maybe you could set the thermostat to a lower degree of Cold to avoid switching on/off the compressor.

So, 1st service - just visual check up and wash.
Old 23rd August 2011, 23:48   #41
Senior - BHPian

The car is being driven and loved as it's meant to be.

I am sure, all your economy doubts have disappeared

AC does irritate but with some music you can drown it, maybe I got used to it
ACC do not miss it, I keep fiddling with it anyways in our old Accord.

Libran we await your travelogue with bated breath.

Happy driving.

Last edited by Sn1p3r : 23rd August 2011 at 23:49.
Old 23rd August 2011, 23:53   #42
BHPian

i have been quoted 9k for seat covers as accesories from honda.They said they will stitch the seat covers over the original seats and that the original seat covers will be left intact.

your seats look superb.Have they been stitched on as well?Are the original seats intact.do the covers shift?

Wondering if i should get the original fogs from honda and get covers from outside.
Old 25th August 2011, 10:28   #43
BHPian

My seat covers are not from HOnda but from outside.
Original seats are intact. These covers are stitched and pinned.
No , they don't move.
I would suggest fogs from Honda itself ( electricals ) and seat covers from outside.
Hv fun.

Most Viewed