Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2011, 13:25   #46
BHPian

Re: My Beast.. My i20 Asta CRDi

Wow.. My Team-BHP stickers just came home.. Ordered it on the 16th and on the 18th its home!! That is pretty Fast.
Thankyoooo!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSK22 View Post
Hi arrowaby,
am sure what razrman has got to say about the sunfilms might help. But then I was wondering that aircon is much more basic than that. It's a simple mechanical system which is required to cool the automobile. Plus the fact that I haven't really heard the aircon of other cars in this segment being discussed in the same light. (or am i wrong?)
Hi JSK22,
Your concern is justified. Even I have not heard of people talking more about ACs than what they do in respect of the i20. The AC is a simple machine and its job is to cool , thats all.
The issue here is that it doesn't cool the car fast enough unlike the other cars.
Let me repeat his again. The AC is not bad. Its just that it is not quick enough to chill. The AC temperature can be set to as low as 15 Degree Celcius and with the fan on full speed there will not be an issue.
Old 18th August 2011, 15:59   #47
BHPian

The following picture is of the ACORN Reverse Parking Sensor Device that I have installed just above my rear view Mirror.

Its an amazing device and just for Rs. 2500. It gives accurate readings.
In this case the reading means there is a barrier on the left side 1.2metres away. More over it also beeps and the beep increases as the barrier distance closes in.
Attached Thumbnails
My Beast.. My i20 Asta CRDi-16082011829-large.jpg  

Old 18th August 2011, 16:10   #48
BHPian

My Team-BHP stickers Set..!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
My Beast.. My i20 Asta CRDi-18082011833-large.jpg  

My Beast.. My i20 Asta CRDi-img_3890-large.jpg  

Old 23rd August 2011, 10:25   #49
BHPian

I filled up 36.4 litres of Diesel at the Shell Pump - Kasarwadi (Pimpri, Pune) yesterday.
The going rate was 54.95.. Lets see how it fares.

Will post a 1000km update soon.

Odo Reading as of today: 910 kms
Old 23rd August 2011, 18:44   #50
BHPian

Hey arrowby TelL mE something. Why didn't you go for the sun/ Moon visor. Any particular reason?
Old 23rd August 2011, 20:48   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Hey arrowby TelL mE something. Why didn't you go for the sun/ Moon visor. Any particular reason?
Hi JSK22, Your question makes me smile actually. :-) If I have to be honest with you, I have never ever seen a Sun/Moon visor on a "vehicle" during my stay in India, ever. I have seen it only in the Middle East.
Neither have I ever seen it and nor do I even know about anybody who does it. Moreover, the i20 has a design that makes the windscreen and the bonnet stay at an aesthetic angle.(Something like a Honda Odyssey SUV front, if you have seen this car in the West)

Putting on a sun/moon visor would break the flow of the car. Sun/Moon Visors look good on bigger and longer cars and not on Hatchbacks. Moreover my car also has a spoiler.

Last edited by arrowaby : 23rd August 2011 at 20:49. Reason: Deletion of mistake
Old 24th August 2011, 00:44   #52
BHPian

Dear Friends,

Very soon I will be going in for my First Free Service.
I would like all the Experts to chip in with their valuable inputs as to all the details that I should go through and the important aspects that I should take care of.

What are the changes that I should go in for.. (as in Oil?)?
What is the standard Hyundai procedure and what can I demand to get checked?

My car touched 1000kms today.

I'm extremely happy with the car and it has treated me well for the time and so have I done the same with it.

Here are certain points that I have noted.

1) The car is exceptionally noise free. The Engine is extremely quiet to be spotted as a Diesel Engine. Have had t tell people specifically that they are sitting in a Diesel car. (Much to their astonishment.)

2) During the first service I will be getting the 40kmph automatic-central locking feature activated. It is a little irritating to find that I have not (manually) locked the door after an entire drive and reaching my destination.

3) The gear - shift is extremely marvelous. Its like hot knife on butter. The gears shift without an effort and most of the time I just use three fingers to move the gear.

4) According to what I predicted earlier the Fuel Efficiency in the first tank did not touch 20kmpl. Thanks to some recent trips I had to make where my car never had to move above the 2nd gear. So here it is. First tank FE-16kmpl

5) 1800rpm is the magic number. The moment the arrow touches 1.8 the car zooms ahead. Under that its a little slow. I guess thats what everybody means by a "turbo lag"
Old 24th August 2011, 09:39   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowaby View Post
What are the changes that I should go in for.. (as in Oil?)? What is the standard Hyundai procedure and what can I demand to get checked?
Your car's user manual will have a service schedule table, which will tell you the maintenance items to be done in every service. Just ensure that ALL of these are done, and the ASC folks don't take any shortcuts. Also, don't fall for any value added services that they'll try to push like engine flush, glass polishing etc.

Apart from these maintenance items, you can ask for issues in your vehicle to be resolved, if any. What I usually do before a service is check all typical stuff like headlights, indicators, horns, wiper operation, door locking, door closing, visual inspection of fluids in engine bay, if there's any excess play in the ABC pedals and last but not least a drive at late night/early morning with the windows open and music system turned off to identify any unusual noises either from the body or the engine. If you find anything amiss during this routine, you can get it corrected during the service.

Cheers,
Vikram
comfortablynumb is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2011, 17:40   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowaby View Post
Hi JSK22, Your question makes me smile actually. :-) If I have to be honest with you, I have never ever seen a Sun/Moon visor on a "vehicle" during my stay in India, ever. I have seen it only in the Middle East.
Neither have I ever seen it and nor do I even know about anybody who does it. Moreover, the i20 has a design that makes the windscreen and the bonnet stay at an aesthetic angle.(Something like a Honda Odyssey SUV front, if you have seen this car in the West)

Putting on a sun/moon visor would break the flow of the car. Sun/Moon Visors look good on bigger and longer cars and not on Hatchbacks. Moreover my car also has a spoiler.
hey sorry about that ..i actually meant Sun/Moon roof and not Visor
Old 24th August 2011, 18:54   #55
BHPian

Quote:
hey sorry about that ..i actually meant Sun/Moon roof and not Visor:
I thought as much. But since you were So specific i didn't answer otherwise. The reason why i didn't go for the sun roof is because (No offence to anyone) i personally dont think that that accessory has any business to do in a country like India where the sun shines for 12 months and also coupled with rainfall. Its predominantly a European necessity.

Financial aspect is the second reason. The sunroof model comes with 6 airbags and it costs rs. 60000 more than my model. Just for these two extra features. The asta model anyways comes with 2 airbags.

Also i dont need the Gps comes wit it because i use a Nokia N8 which already has awesome maps FREE.

I would rather save 60 grand and spend it on sundry accessories rather than on the sunroof.

But then again at the end of the day it boils down to what one likes and dislikes.
As they say "taste"
Old 5th September 2011, 15:38   #56
BHPian

Hey Guys,

Today I went and got my First Free Servicing done at Sanjay Hyundai, Pune - MIDC Bhosari Showroom/Service Centre.

The following is the Extract of the Bill:-

1. Vacuuming/Valeting of Car Interiors
2.Inspection of all Under Chassis Bolts and Fasteners
3.Inspection of all Vehicle Electrical Systems
4.Inspection of Battery SG and water Top Up
5. All Door Settings
6.Free Service

Final Bill Amount = Rs. 0(zero) Only

I also got the Auto-Locking at 40kmph done. So that is one big relief that I got. There were times when I used to travel all the way and then realize that I didn't lock the door.

So that is taken care of now. Also, the door Unlocks when I remove the Key out of its shaft.

I also wanted them to install a Glove Box Lamp.
Following is the conversation that took place.

Me: Glove Box Lamp install Karna hai

Service Manager 1:
Glove Box Lamp nahi milta hai. Kaha lagaoge?

Me:
Mere paas Part Number hai.

Service Manager 1:
Dekhta hu agar available hai.

Me:

And later on when I came to take the delivery of the Vehicle, I was supposed to talk to Service Manager 2. I asked him whether they have installed the Glove Box Lamp. Now he says, "We are out of stock. Have installed it in many i20s recently. Will give an order and call you as soon as I get it."

The Service Manager asked me whether I wanted to do an Under-body Anti-Rust Coat. I decided not to go for it.. He had quoted Rs. 2200.

Got the car within 3 hours. Well polished and cleaned.
He said that at the second service you can expect a biling of Approx. Rs. 4200 incl. wheel balancing/alignment. Anyways that is not until January 2012.

Following is a picture of the car being washed
Attached Thumbnails
My Beast.. My i20 Asta CRDi-05092011054-copy-large.jpg  

Old 7th September 2011, 10:27   #57
BHPian

Congrats on the car!

Have many happy miles with her!

Don't worry to much about mileage, you can manage 16-17 easily in the city as long as you don't rev past 2.5-3k! And if you do rev that much, it's pretty much like launching rockets on the Pune streets! :P
spyking is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2011, 17:23   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyking View Post
Congrats on the car!

Have many happy miles with her!

Don't worry to much about mileage, you can manage 16-17 easily in the city as long as you don't rev past 2.5-3k! And if you do rev that much, it's pretty much like launching rockets on the Pune streets! :P
Thanks for your wishes spyking.

Since I am new to driving, (well, not anymore with 1400kms on the odo) I never rev more than 2.5k rpm EVER. There are a handful of times when my rpm reached 3.0k but then it was necessary to speed up.

The first low fuel efficiency can be attributed to certain drives (read traffic jams) that I had to undertake where I couldn't even shift to the 3rd gear for almost one and a half hour.

Pune is divided into 2 municipalities. Pune Municipal Corporation (PMC) and Pimpri Chinchwad Municipal Corporation(PCMC).

I live in PCMC where the roads are awesome, straight, cemented,4 laned and long, the only place where I can touch the 6th gear here.

In PMC - The Pune that the world knows, the roads are the exact opposite of PCMC 4th gear is luxury there.
Old 7th September 2011, 23:29   #59
Senior - BHPian

Hi arrowaby. You'll definitely observe increase in FE in few more days as the first service is over. I used to get a FE of 17-18 kmpl im my i20 prior to the first service. Now I'm getting 20-21 kmpl. This is also due to the implementation of fuel efficient driving tips mentioned in the forum. I never over rev unnecessarily, never apply brakes hardly and also make use of engine braking wherever possible. These safe driving techniques keep me as well as other road users relaxed.

Have many more happy and safe miles with your car.
Old 9th September 2011, 01:12   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfrmblr View Post
Hi arrowaby. You'll definitely observe increase in FE in few more days as the first service is over. I used to get a FE of 17-18 kmpl im my i20 prior to the first service. Now I'm getting 20-21 kmpl. This is also due to the implementation of fuel efficient driving tips mentioned in the forum. I never over rev unnecessarily, never apply brakes hardly and also make use of engine braking wherever possible. These safe driving techniques keep me as well as other road users relaxed.

Have many more happy and safe miles with your car.
Well, I hope that the FE increases. Moreover I have also been using Shell Diesel so I guess it should make some difference. Im at just 1500 on the odo now...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks