Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2011, 13:29   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Beast.. My i20 Asta CRDi

Which of the stickers have you put up on your ride? There is a reported spotting yesterday evening for a grey i20 with yellow LTD on left bumper.
Old 9th September 2011, 14:21   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Which of the stickers have you put up on your ride? There is a reported spotting yesterday evening for a grey i20 with yellow LTD on left bumper.
Hi selfdrive,

I just read it sometime back.. I have the yellow LTD sticker but I wasn't near Marriot, Hinjewadi yesterday..!!

Now who could it be? hmmm. I have been scanning the 800+ pages for i20s. Couldn't find any Grey-hounds.

By the way somebody or the other seems to be spotting you every other day..
Old 9th September 2011, 14:27   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowaby View Post
Now who could it be? hmmm. I have been scanning the 800+ pages for i20s. Couldn't find any Grey-hounds.

By the way somebody or the other seems to be spotting you every other day..
I hope you find the person soon!

It took a long time for me to get spotted. Now I guess people are hunting for me as I shot off my mouth too much about not being spotted. Jokes apart, my daily commute is via Paud Road/ Karve Road/ FC Road/ JM Road/ NH4/ Bund Garden so it covers a lot of areas and main roads.
Old 9th September 2011, 14:37   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
I hope you find the person soon!

It took a long time for me to get spotted. Now I guess people are hunting for me as I shot off my mouth too much about not being spotted. Jokes apart, my daily commute is via Paud Road/ Karve Road/ FC Road/ JM Road/ NH4/ Bund Garden so it covers a lot of areas and main roads.

Aahaha..!! There you go "shouting off" again. Now that has just added one more person to the list! Sad thing is that your driving in all the 2nd and 3rd gear roads!
arrowaby is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2011, 21:47   #65
BHPian

Today morning I got a call from Sanjay Hyundai for the Glove Box Lamp that I had ordered for. Went there in the morning and got it installed within an hour.

The Cost breakup is as follows:
Lamp Assy Glove Box - Rs. 118 incl VAT
Labour Charges- Rs. 55 Incl. Service Tax
TOTAL: Rs. 173/-

The light is pretty bright and works well. It is linked to the Parking/Head light and as soon as its shut, the lamp turns off as well.

Following is a picture of the same.
Attached Thumbnails
My Beast.. My i20 Asta CRDi-14092011065-large.jpg  

arrowaby is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2012, 01:33   #66
BHPian

Ok.. Today I'm done with almost 3700 kilometers of driving on my i20 Asta CRDi.

I know I know... I'm a little slow on the odometer, thanks to a month and a half of hibernation during my CA Exam preparations.
The car has performed exceptionally well during these few months and overall I'm still on "Happy-with-it" mode.

The Air-conditioning is a little slow, just like what I mentioned in the earlier posts but once it starts cooling, the effect is satisfactory.. So Rainy season and the winter also checked in well.. Now the final frontier for the AC is the summer.. Lets see..

Some Issues:

1) When the car is stationary and if I want to take a sharp left or right 90 degree turn, there is a slight cracking noise of metal that I can hear. Mind you, this happens only in the situation that I mentioned AND NO OTHER TIME. Don't know from where the noise comes as it takes hardly a fraction of a second and I still haven't been able to figure out from which direction it comes. My head turns left and right like that of a surprised dog every-time it happens.. From what I suspect its from the wheel area.

2) 2nd gear lag.. 'nuff said.

I live in Pune.. So theft of car parts is not surprising. I fell Victim to this menace. Some anti-social elements (please read it as !@#%^$@#) stole the right side Wheel Hub cap of BOTH the Alloys. I could see the Nuts and bolts. Initially when I first saw it i saw taken aback as I had never noticed it.. When I compared it with the left side, I realized that someone played fool.

1st of January started off on a great note. Watched Sherlock Holmes- A Game of Shadows (AmaZZZing movie) and ended on a bad note. A guy banged the car from the rear leaving a deep dent on the lower left side of the bumper. My heart came in my mouth. I was sooo sad. I just couldn't sleep the entire night. I ended up sleeping at 4 am and woke up at 8am.

All night I kept searching and reading up Team-BHP forums on Denting /Painting.

The first thing I did early morning at 10.15 am is call the service manager at Sanjay Hyundai at Bhosari, MIDC and asked him for an appointment.
Reached there and he took me to the Body Shop where another manager took over the car and told me that I'll get the car by 6 in the evening.

Also asked him to fix the stolen Wheel Hubcaps.. (I was so angry I had to spend money on such nonsense.)

The Final bill ran upto Rs. 2684
The breakup is as follows:
1) CAP-ASSY Wheel Hub ---- Rs. 586 each ( For that Ridiculous piece of Plastic with a Hyundai logo. No doubt it was stolen!!) Hence Rs. 1172

2)Painting Charges ----- Rs. 1000 (I got the partial painting done)

3) Dent Beating Charges ----- Rs. 300

Taxes ---- Rs. 212

The job was very well done. There is absolutely no trace of any dent or scratch on the Bumper.

PS: The third pic shows a lot of white spots on the hatch. Those are not scratches but traces of Hard water and soap left after washing. The watchman who washes my car happens to be a PhD in car washing..!! Usually my car looks better "before" he washes it.

My Second Free service is due on the 12th of January. So will post another update as soon as it is done. Do you have any advice for me on how to tackle the 2nd free service??
Attached Thumbnails
My Beast.. My i20 Asta CRDi-020120121025-large.jpg  

My Beast.. My i20 Asta CRDi-020120121021-large.jpg  

My Beast.. My i20 Asta CRDi-020120121015-large.jpg  

Last edited by arrowaby : 3rd January 2012 at 01:40. Reason: Addition
Old 14th January 2012, 10:34   #67
BHPian

Hello Everyone..!!

12th Jan 2012 was the day slated for my Second free servicing.
Went to Sanjay Hyundai, Bhosari, Pune for the same at 10 am and met my service manager.

Told him to go in for a regular second servicing and also install a Second Horn to the car as I felt the existing one is not too loud.

The manager told me that the car would be ready by 6 pm the same day.

However I was startled by a call he gave me around 5.30pm.
He told me that all the work is over but there is a problem. While reversing the car out of the workshop the driver brushed the car with a Getz and the front Left quarter-plate area (i.e. Metallic Area Just below where the Headlight ends) got a dent and of course, the paint went off.. So he has shifted the car to the Body-Shop where they would get the Denting and Painting done.

I was so disturbed I Immediately rushed to the showroom to see the extent of the damage. Thankfully it was just like what the manager described and he got the whole thing done as new..!!

Got the delivery of the car on the Next day as scheduled.

Bill Details:

CRDi Oil Shell Helix Super 5.3lt @ Rs. 222.35 = 1178
Horn Assy High Pitch = Rs. 233.70
Diesel Filter Cartridge = Rs. 1767
Air Filter = Rs. 307
Oil Filter = Rs. 349
Taxes = Rs. 485
Labour Charges for Horn Fixing = Rs. 50

Total - Rs. 4369

The car is giving me a very good response. I just love driving it everyday.
Old 14th January 2012, 13:58   #68
BHPian

Since your car has not yet done 5000 km (I guess from your earlier post), is it a necessity to change the filter cartridge so early?

They shouldn't have charged for fitting the horn either. Atleast for goodwill sake.

Still its good to know that your car is performing very well.
Old 14th January 2012, 22:37   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbokick View Post

Since your car has not yet done 5000 km (I guess from your earlier post), is it a necessity to change the filter cartridge so early?

They shouldn't have charged for fitting the horn either. Atleast for goodwill sake.

Still its good to know that your car is performing very well.

Yeah thats what.. Last time when I asked him what costs would run up for the 2nd free service he said at the max. Rs. 4700. So I was anyways curious to know what the breakup was.

Was a little surprised to know it cost so much. The description in the bill is "Filter Cartridge". Oil and Air Filters are separately mentioned. So I presume this Item is the Diesel Filter. It cost more than the Oil.
Moreover the car hasn't run a lot.. Anyways wasn't aware . Should have taken ten mins more to study the bill.. My first experience, so it didn't strike me.

The horn amount 50 bucks was silly. They should have waived it ..

The Horn is amazing. Loving the effect its having on the road now. I can hear it very prominently inside the cabin with all windows shut in traffic. Though a company fitted one I guess they had to cut wires but since I did it from the showroom it wouldn't void the warranty.
Old 3rd March 2012, 13:55   #70
BHPian

First official images of the 2012 Hyundai i20 facelift which will be unveiled in at the 2012 Geneva Motor Show next week. The new i20 gets redesigned headlamps which appear slimmer than the original, new bumpers with the hexagonal grille, redesigned fog-lamps, new alloy wheel designs, new taillights and new rear bumpers. .

Personally I still like the old i20 which looks far better than this one.. Though the alloys and the Fog Lamps are definitely better in the new version..!!
Attached Thumbnails
My Beast.. My i20 Asta CRDi-1n.jpg  

My Beast.. My i20 Asta CRDi-5b12e8c211ca96c7e4f4cb175997c325_555x416_1.jpg  

Last edited by arrowaby : 3rd March 2012 at 14:04.
Old 3rd March 2012, 14:09   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowaby
First official images of the 2012 Hyundai i20 facelift which will be unveiled in at the 2012 Geneva Motor Show next week. The new i20 gets redesigned headlamps which appear slimmer than the original, new bumpers with the hexagonal grille, redesigned fog-lamps, new alloy wheel designs, new taillights and new rear bumpers. .
Side profile looks same. Any idea about the changes in interiors? The new alloy looks cool. Must wait and see how they price this.
Old 3rd March 2012, 14:13   #72
BHPian

After a long time and just before the right time (read : summer) I got the time to go and change those ridiculous Garware Near-transparent sunfilms that the showroom guy provided free of cost during delivery.

The problem started when I used to park my car under the red hot sun and come back. The car used to get baked completely. I felt as if I was sitting in an Oven. And then, the usual reaction is to turn the Air-Conditioner to the lowest temperature and enjoy that cool chilly air.
Now that is where my problem is. My body temperature used to be hot and the sudden gush of chilly air , which used to give me good respite initially, would then, later on, be the cause of a headache. I am someone who gets mild bouts of Migrane and headaches quite often.

Perhaps my body couldn't adjust to the sudden gush of cold air right at the face. I didn't understand this right away, but over a period of 8 months now I have had this experience a couple of times and it was not difficult for me to spot the reason.

The above long explanation is reason number 1 and reason number 2 is that the i20 AC is not something to boast about without good filming.

So here I was at Poona Motors, Pimpri showroom yesterday afternoon.
I selected 3M CR-70 for the windshield and LLumar Steel 20 series for the side windows and rear glass. Both look pretty good.

The installation guys worked pretty tactfully and quick. I was there all the while and supervised the entire filming procedure.

The total cost of both the sunfilms worked out to Rs. 11000 but I haven't paid him as yet. I'm trying to get a better price when I go there today.
Will let you know the final cost soon.

The immediate difference that i have found is in the front windshield which didn't have any filming on at all.

I'll put up review of the filming in a few days after some driving.

Got new Embossed Number plates with frame as well. Cost me Rs. 1700 (with frames for both the plates). Will post pics as soon as i get a chance to click.

Can anybody refer me some high powered headlamps (cost/specs/brand).. I'm talking about the normal yellow lights and not the white xenon type lights.
Attached Thumbnails
My Beast.. My i20 Asta CRDi-20120302206-large.jpg  

Old 3rd March 2012, 14:24   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfrmblr View Post
Side profile looks same. Any idea about the changes in interiors? The new alloy looks cool. Must wait and see how they price this.

Yeah Side profile looks the same only... But the headlights are slimmer than the present version. The present one's headlights are a killer. New Alloys look good. Even the New Swift has far better alloys than the i20.

If u notice the small upgrades:
1) 2 LED strips on the rear Bumper
2) Chrome Handles. (Finally)
3) Blackened B Pillars
Old 3rd March 2012, 15:00   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowaby View Post
Yeah Side profile looks the same only... But the headlights are slimmer than the present version. The present one's headlights are a killer. New Alloys look good. Even the New Swift has far better alloys than the i20.

If u notice the small upgrades:
1) 2 LED strips on the rear Bumper
2) Chrome Handles. (Finally)
3) Blackened B Pillars
Great ownership report with updates!

The rear bumper on the new i20 looks to be compatible with the old one!

I am looking to buy a spare rear bumper for my i20 that I will have painted and will keep it just in case! This can fit on the old models too I think!

You can get chrome handle covers for the existing models too - Chrome Door Handle Latch Cover For Hyundai i-20 i20 | eBay
sohail99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2012, 15:33   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohail99 View Post
Great ownership report with updates! The rear bumper on the new i20 looks to be compatible with the old one! I am looking to buy a spare rear bumper for my i20 that I will have painted and will keep it just in case! This can fit on the old models too I think! You can get chrome handle covers for the existing models too - Chrome Door Handle Latch Cover For Hyundai i-20 i20 | eBay
Thanks a lot Sohail. Wow those chrome handles look Good. Do You have Them on your car? I'll buy it if Its worth it. How s the material and all? Good enough and convincing?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks