Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2012, 15:37   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Beast.. My i20 Asta CRDi

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowaby View Post
Thanks a lot Sohail. Wow those chrome handles look Good. Do You have Them on your car? I'll buy it if Its worth it. How s the material and all? Good enough and convincing?
I haven't used them! I like my baby's sparkle blue color too much! So I prefer more blue and less chrome!

I just posted the link as I thought you might be interested!
sohail99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2012, 16:00   #77
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
So here I was at Poona Motors, Pimpri showroom yesterday afternoon....
For such works, I would rather get in touch with the product team & NOT the dealer. This doesn't void warranty & dealers charge way more than the product showroom guys.

Quote:
Can anybody refer me some high powered headlamps (cost/specs/brand).. I'm talking about the normal yellow lights and not the white xenon type lights.
You have two options

1. Go for stock spec high output bulbs like Osram Nightbreaker Plus/ Philips Extreme Vision(Power?). These cost in the range of Rs. 1000+ a pair

2. Go for 100/90W with proper relays and ceramic holders - better done at the A$$ for warranty reasons & the installation could come to around Rs.1200 [one time] & the bulbs would cost Rs.400(?) a pair If I am not wrong.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2012, 21:55   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1) CAP-ASSY Wheel Hub ---- Rs. 586 each (For that Ridiculous piece of Plastic with a Hyundai logo. No doubt it was stolen!!) Hence Rs. 1172
Rs 586 for a cap . Well, one of the cap from the rear alloy fell down somewhere last week. Its an eyesore now with all the nuts exposed. Planning to get installed during 3rd service but the cost appears ridiculous.

My Beast.. My i20 Asta CRDi-imag0206.jpg

Last edited by guyfrmblr : 3rd March 2012 at 21:57.
Old 3rd March 2012, 22:22   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfrmblr View Post
Rs 586 for a cap . Well, one of the cap from the rear alloy fell down somewhere last week. Its an eyesore now with all the nuts exposed. Planning to get installed during 3rd service but the cost appears ridiculous.
Yes the cost is pretty high and not worth it.. The damn thing must not be costing more than Rs. 50 manufacturing cost.
Its really an eyesore and it makes that entire side look pretty uneven and incomplete.. Moreover with the nuts exposed it makes it easy for some unscrupulous fellows to play the fool with the tyres.
Old 5th March 2012, 22:58   #80
BHPian

Some pics of the Filming and the new Embossed Number Plates!
Attached Thumbnails
My Beast.. My i20 Asta CRDi-20120303214-large.jpg  

My Beast.. My i20 Asta CRDi-20120303218-large.jpg  

My Beast.. My i20 Asta CRDi-20120303212-large.jpg  

arrowaby is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2012, 17:07   #81
BHPian

Okay so the car just touched 5000 kms yesterday. It has been an impressive ride altogether all this time. No steering rattles, No such issues observed as such till date.
The Air conditioning has shown a remarkable increase in performance ever since I have installed the 3M and Llumar filming. The AC chills faster. So I'm happy with the AC performance ever since I got the Filming done.

There is a slight noise that comes from the rear part of the car when the car is stationary and when I attempt to take a 90degree turn. Eg: When Im getting the car out of my parking. Just a quick kkkrrrrr sound that doesn't even last for a fraction of a second. So I need to sort it out with the service engineer the next time I go there.

Tried testing the power band in the 1900-2500 rpm areas. The power is just unbelievable. This car is just amaaazing in linear drives but just like what other people have noticed and posted in other threads Do NOT try any circus on curved roads. Somehow the car is not that stable while driving fast on roads that curve. While driving on straight roads the car goes out like a bullet but the moment I can see a curve ahead I bring down the speed.

The clutch and gear shift is butter smooth as ever. Works like magic. All in all its going very good.
Old 4th June 2012, 01:32   #82
BHPian

I was in for a shock on Saturday when I came to open the Driver's side door. The Door handle had come out. Rather it was yanked out of its place though it was still in the horizontal position.
Crestfallen, I called up the technician I knew at Sanjay Hyundai who asked me to come on Sunday. He told me that the Door handle had to be painted and he needs some time for the same..
Today morning I went to the showroom and showed him the same. He got his guy to fix it in 15-20 minutes.

Here is the Cost breakup:
Handle Assy DR/OS ---- Rs.197
Painting of the Handle----Rs. 250
Labour ------------------Rs. 75
Taxes -------------------Rs. 65
Total Rs. 588

Now another small problem.. While reversing the car the Technician brushed the car against a metal cable used to fasten electricity poles to the ground (or used for Earthing--whatever!) it caused a gash like scratch on the rear bumper and near the car badging.

The guy told me that he'll fix it (paint and buff it )for free during the next free service which is due by this month end.

I have two questions for everybody.

1) My first year Insurance is about to expire in a month's time. I'm already flooded with calls from all these Insurance companies. I do not have any claims as of date (Touchwood) and I'm eligible for the No Claim bonus.

a)What are the areas that I should look out for during renewing my insurance?
b)Im insured under Bajaj Alliance as of now.

2) The car has run just under 6500 kms in 11 months and the 3rd free servicing is due soon. Any particular precautions I should take? Anything to look out for while talking to the servicing agent?
Old 4th June 2012, 23:25   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have two questions for everybody.

1) My first year Insurance is about to expire in a month's time. I'm already flooded with calls from all these Insurance companies. I do not have any claims as of date (Touchwood) and I'm eligible for the No Claim bonus.

a)What are the areas that I should look out for during renewing my insurance?
b)Im insured under Bajaj Alliance as of now.

2) The car has run just under 6500 kms in 11 months and the 3rd free servicing is due soon. Any particular precautions I should take? Anything to look out for while talking to the servicing agent?
I was exactly in same situation in April when my car completed 1 year and was flooded with calls from insurance company. My ODO was reading just 7k in a years time.

1) I too had first insurance with Bajaj Allianz at purchase time. Since Hyundai has started to claim that they won't support cashless claims, unless the insurance is taken through them i didn't had much choice. Moreover, since i was also eligble for NCB, the premium for 2nd year was more in Bajaj Allianz. I did double check myself directly with Bajaj to ensure what Hyundai service centre are not claiming higher premiums.

The other insurance co. options were Bharati AXA, ICICI and cholamandalam.
I chose Bharati AXA as pretty much there is no big difference between these 3 and the premium was almost the same.

Ensure that the coverage you have is same in new insurance co. as well. Read out the papers clearly, before signing it.

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2012, 23:36   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
I was exactly in same situation in April when my car completed 1 year and was flooded with calls from insurance company. My ODO was reading just 7k in a years time.

1) I too had first insurance with Bajaj Allianz at purchase time. Since Hyundai has started to claim that they won't support cashless claims, unless the insurance is taken through them i didn't had much choice. Moreover, since i was also eligble for NCB, the premium for 2nd year was more in Bajaj Allianz. I did double check myself directly with Bajaj to ensure what Hyundai service centre are not claiming higher premiums.

The other insurance co. options were Bharati AXA, ICICI and cholamandalam.
I chose Bharati AXA as pretty much there is no big difference between these 3 and the premium was almost the same.

Ensure that the coverage you have is same in new insurance co. as well. Read out the papers clearly, before signing it.

-Ravi
Thanks Ravi!

The calls from the agents are still on. TATA AIG is what is attracting me as of now. The discounted premium for the 2nd year works to approx Rs. 14000 for my Asta Diesel Model which is the least that is being offered. The agent said that it is a bumper to bumper policy and also includes 3rd party.

Bajaj Alliance quoted around Rs. 18000/- which was a big turn off. Especially when I am a returning customer. Which again brings to me a new question, Aren't they aware of the market rate?? I asked the TATA AIG customer service agent as to why this difference, she replied saying that they have some higher valuation criteria and some other details which sounded like Hebrew to me on the phone.

Now I got a call from the showroom executive also who quoted a TATA AIG policy for Rs.16000/- When I told her that I have received a call from your Delhi Office quoting Rs.14000 she said that It is perhaps she has old Cover notes of that value and that I should take up that offer since its less..!

Does Bumper to Bumper usually mean all parts are covered?
Old 4th June 2012, 23:48   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Ravi!

The calls from the agents are still on. TATA AIG is what is attracting me as of now. The discounted premium for the 2nd year works to approx Rs. 14000 for my Asta Diesel Model which is the least that is being offered. The agent said that it is a bumper to bumper policy and also includes 3rd party.

Bajaj Alliance quoted around Rs. 18000/- which was a big turn off. Especially when I am a returning customer. Which again brings to me a new question, Aren't they aware of the market rate?? I asked the TATA AIG customer service agent as to why this difference, she replied saying that they have some higher valuation criteria and some other details which sounded like Hebrew to me on the phone.

Now I got a call from the showroom executive also who quoted a TATA AIG policy for Rs.16000/- When I told her that I have received a call from your Delhi Office quoting Rs.14000 she said that It is perhaps she has old Cover notes of that value and that I should take up that offer since its less..!

Does Bumper to Bumper usually mean all parts are covered?
It "really" doesn't mean that all parts are covered to my understanding/knowledge. There is standard set of things covered - like accidental damage, 3rd part life cover/property damage cover, etc etc and on top of few things like windshield cover, glass cover, a % of fibre parts cover etc.

Ask the person to come in person, and make them explain in detail what exactly they cover in detail. They may rubbish by saying everything is covered and all insurance cos are same. Don't buy the word, but insist of making them to explain in detail. Compare it with

I still think for i20 diesel the premium is still more because i paid approx. 10.5k+ for petrol Asta variant after NCB benefit. I guess for diesel,it can be 2 to 3k more, but 16k is much higher IMO. Suggest you to enquire with other vendors as well.

-Ravi
Old 5th June 2012, 21:54   #86
BHPian

Okay Finalized with the TATA AIG insurance Policy..!

The agent came in home and I paid him a cheque of Rs. 13962/-
Every other insurance policy premium turned out costlier.
The TATA AIG came with a Bumper to Bumpe, comprehensive package/ Third party/NCB/ cashless policy and other add-ons.

It also gave a 0 depreciation benefit and hence in case of any replacement, full cost of the parts would be made and depreciation angle would not go to reduce the claim amount.

Since the insurance only starts in mid-July I gave the agent a post-dated cheque for the premium. The customer service agent sitting in Delhi was also in touch all this time regularly by phone and she also sent me an e-mail with an attachment containing the entire breakup.
Old 8th June 2012, 08:43   #87
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowaby
Okay Finalized with the TATA AIG insurance Policy..!

The agent came in home and I paid him a cheque of Rs. 13962/-
Every other insurance policy premium turned out costlier.
The TATA AIG came with a Bumper to Bumpe, comprehensive package/ Third party/NCB/ cashless policy and other add-ons.

It also gave a 0 depreciation benefit and hence in case of any replacement, full cost of the parts would be made and depreciation angle would not go to reduce the claim amount.

Since the insurance only starts in mid-July I gave the agent a post-dated cheque for the premium. The customer service agent sitting in Delhi was also in touch all this time regularly by phone and she also sent me an e-mail with an attachment containing the entire breakup.
What is the IDV value insured?
Old 8th June 2012, 16:52   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
What is the IDV value insured?

The IDV value of the car taken is Rs. 540000/-
Old 6th July 2012, 22:07   #89
BHPian

Hello Everybody!!

Here is a small update for my i20 Asta CRDi.
The car has run just 7000kms as of today. I know, its pretty less considering the fact that the car is going to celebrate its 1st birthday next week.

I just got the delivery of the car after the 3rd free service today from Sanjay Hyundai. The work was done pretty well. Just drove the car back home from the service

station so couldnt test it properly. Will give a review about the ride quality post service in a few days.

Now as I mentioned in a pervious post, last when I went to get my car door handle fixed, While reversing the car the Technician brushed the car against a metal cable

used to fasten electricity poles to the ground it caused a gash like scratch on the rear bumper and near the car badging. The technician told me that he would get it

painted in this particular service.

And there was this another big scratch caused by a biker who hit the rear bumper.
This paint job was to be a paid one.

And hence there was a paint job scheduled in this service.
2 Days!!! It took them 2 days to paint 2 scratches on the hatch and the bumper.
The reason given to me was that it was raining and hence the paint couldn't dry out completely.

When I got the delivery one of the major scratches was done just 50% properly and the rest were done well.

I was not being charged for the painting for the scratch that the technician did so I didn't press a lot for it.
So I told them that we'll do it in the next service and they agreed.

Also During a long run from Pune to Bombay, the driver had to drive on a "kutcha" road during the night time and he brushed over a stone and that resulted in the
Wheel guard of the front left wheel to be totally scraped off its fastened screws. I noticed it while I was walking towards the car and saw a part of it hanging under

the bumper.. So I got that changed and fixed a new one as well..!!

The break up of the bill is as follows:

CRDI Oil SHELL Helix Super 5.3litres ------------------> Rs. 1178
Guard Assy Front LH Wheel (Code 868111J000)-------------> Rs. 290
Retainer Assy Bumper Cover MTG (Code 8659028000)--------> Rs. 18
Diesel Filter Cartridge --------------------------------> Rs. 1768
Air Filter Cleaner -------------------------------------> Rs. 307
Oil Filter ---------------------------------------------> Rs. 370

Labour for fixing the Wheel cover --------------------- > Rs. 156

Taxes ---------------------------------------------- VAT Rs. 510

Painting Charges with S.Tax ---------------------------> Rs. 800

Final GRAND TOTAL -------------------------------------->Rs. 5396

The Wheel alignment was done but I wasn't Charged for it

The car was washed and the interiors were cleaned amazingly well.From the interiors, the car looked as if it was just out of the showroom!!
arrowaby is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2013, 22:25   #90
BHPian

hello arrow you have any problem with the infamous steering rattle?None of the owners seem to be complaining much but i find this terrible.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks