Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2012, 11:50   #31
BHPian

Re: Comparo Test-Drive Report! Mitsubishi Pajero vs Toyota Fortuner vs Ford Endeavour

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilanjanray View Post
How good are the Dynapro MT tyres for highway and regular driving? My usage involved long highway drives and then offroading/trail driving. Once the Fortuner stock tyres wear out, will be looking for replacement options.
Compared to the OE MRF ZVRL, steering efforts is reduced, braking, handling, and stability seem unaffected at normal and modestly elevated speeds. THere is a slight increase in road noise that is heard as a soft hum, as if a fan is running. but its soft enough that if I turn up the A/C fan to 3 or 4, it becomes drowned out. Ride quality seemed considerably more firm, but setting pressures to 26/26 has smoothened it out quite a bit. its a much stiffer and heavier tire than the OE MRF.

I cannot yet comment on behavior in the rain or longevity. The fact that the tread blocks are solid with no siping should have a negative impact on rain performance, but that will have to wait till it rains for me to find out.

I hope that helps.

Last edited by Harbir : 30th May 2012 at 12:02.
Harbir is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2012, 11:51   #32
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Re: Comparo Test-Drive Report! Mitsubishi Pajero vs Toyota Fortuner vs Ford Endeavour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbir View Post
I just bought the Pajero SFX. Hankook Dynapro MT tires installed. I was very glad to get these tires after they won the Four Wheeler magazine 2011 mud terrain tire comparison beating out 9 other tires.

Here are some pictures.
Wonderful thread and congrats on going ahead with a purchase of the SUV you love. The Pajero looks menacing, yet elegant and the Dynapros suit the SUV very well. I wish Mitsubishi marketed these well.

Wish you a safe and enjoyable ownership experience. Do put up a ownership thread and keep it updated.
MAS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2012, 12:06   #33
BHPian

one more. Click for a larger view. the previews are too small
Attached Thumbnails
Comparo Test-Drive Report! Mitsubishi Pajero vs Toyota Fortuner vs Ford Endeavour-pajero-10.jpg  

Last edited by Harbir : 30th May 2012 at 12:12.
Old 25th June 2013, 13:38   #34
BHPian

Whats the mileage you geting Harbir???
Old 26th June 2013, 16:14   #35
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashroy_6 View Post
Whats the mileage you geting Harbir???
Pajero SFXs usually return around 8kmpl in the city and around 11kmpl on the highway at sedate speeds.

@Harbir: How is your steed performing? What is the current odo reading?
Old 26th June 2013, 23:25   #36
BHPian

25,000km.

Mine returns a consistent 8km/l city and highway. If I keep highways speeds to 80km/h, I can get 9.5-10. If I go 130-140km/h nets about 7km/l, 150-160km/h, it drops to 5.5-6. On average, city and highway at 90km/h, about 8km/l is my consistent average
Old 23rd September 2014, 11:45   #37
BHPian

Quote:
25,000km.
Hi Harbir, how goes the Pajero diaries? I am in the typical dilemma right now of buying a Safari Storme or a used Pajero SFX. Have gone through multiple threads on this wanted to know what you have to say.

Also, most of my driving will be on road only and I require car witha comfortable ride, which I suppose a Safari is, however - I have forever lusted for the Pajero and now that it is within my reach I can't get it out of my head. What do you say!!
Old 25th September 2014, 22:42   #38
BHPian

I recommend going for the Safari.

I am absolutely LOVING the pajero. THe best decision I made, and I am haunted by what I will do when I need to replace it because nothing in the market has its balance of virtues.

on the down side, the engine is really an old school tractor engine with a too-narrow powerband and poor breathing at high revs, and only barely adequate power. On the upside, the rest of the vehicle is simply brilliant. The suspension is simply brilliant not just in ride quality but also in how superbly controlled the handling is on winding roads. If you have the techniques of weight transfer and yaw control down, its a brilliant handling vehicle, just not in the way that 99.9% of the people think (which would be instant responses, huge grip, and no demands of technique and skill on the part of the driver).

Its also extremely tough. I have beaten mine to hell on bad roads and no roads, but apart from needing a regular seat and door adjustment at every service, its just tight as a drum even after 60,000km of hard, punishing use. I love how the belt line is so low, creating simply superb sightlines out of the vehicle.

I'm keeping mine till it falls apart (unless some financial circumstances in life force a sale).

On the down side, the parts are hideously expensive, and I don't have a lot of faith in the dealer network. One dealer (who has given up the Mitsubishi franchise) replaced the pads without turning the discs leading to horrible brake fade and dangerous braking. I had also mentioned that there was a clunk under braking but his service manager insisted that nothing was wrong. I found the problem myself and had another dealer look at it, and sure enough it was a serious issue (left suspension upper arm pivot bolt was loose. had it come out while in the mountains, I would have gone down a mountain side).

If you are staying mainly on the road and don't really care about the complexities and finesse of its chassis off the road or in hard driven conditions on the road (and it does require some skill. Go fast and do it wrong, and the thing will spin out very easily), you'd be better off going with a new safari which also provides a very good on road experience, you'd be getting a new vehicle with no hidden nightmares, and you'd find service, parts much more easily and in many more locations, and costs far more affordable.

Last edited by Harbir : 25th September 2014 at 22:44.
Harbir is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 26th September 2014, 09:37   #39
BHPian

Quote:
I recommend going for the Safari.
Harbir, thanks!! I felt the thank you feature was not enough. Your reply is brilliantly worded, heartfelt and well thought out at the same time. It was a pleasure reading it.

I will probably be going for the safari, however I will always feel (as I still do) a twang of sadness+jealousy whenever I see a Pajero out and about. Thank god there are so few.
Old 28th September 2014, 18:59   #40
BHPian

Hey Harbir, wanted to post a quick vote of thanks for your article here. I have bitted the bullet and bought the Pajero Sport recently.. your article was a good input. Thanks buddy!
Old 25th November 2017, 21:05   #41
Senior - BHPian

Hi Harbir... how is the Paj treating you and vice versa? Its been a while since you posted an update.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks