Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2011, 20:51   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Need For Speed? – Enter my New Ford Fiesta!

Congratulations, excellent pictures and review. Few questions as usual, slightly OT.

On the first post you did mention that you drove the New Verna and dropped it because of lack of space+comfort in the rear seat.

Did you find anything else that was deal breaker in case of Verna, or if i want to put the question a little differently. If you were looking for a self driven car (Not much use of rear seat) would Verna had made the cut instead of Fiesta?

How does the ride compared to Verna, have read stories of boat feeling in Verna, does the fiesta feel more planted on curves?

Last edited by mayankjha1806 : 11th August 2011 at 20:53.
Old 11th August 2011, 22:05   #32
BHPian

Wow! A Fiesta and Vento. Congrats!

The black colored plastics on the inside seems to be the same as in Figo. Finish, again doesn't seem perfect. Ford needs to tighten QC.
As with other Fords in India, driving dynamics seem very good. All other issues with the car are forgiven once you are in driver' seat.
Old 11th August 2011, 23:01   #33
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations.
This is definitely one of the most straight-forward and unbiased review.I wish you could have elaborated a bot more on the performance factor. But then the car is brand new and you haven't driven it too much!

You have put up certain pictures (interior) that really question whether this is a 10L car. Specially the Charging socket/ the cotton cloth / pannel gaps / and finally the cheap looking hinge. Great attention to details (for the Review).
But dont worry, the one on Vento is segment best.

I believe it is the petrol version of Fiesta. And is it a TDi for Vento?
Anyway the comparo is something I will be waiting for.

As far as a driver's car is concerned, Fiesta is one of the best. I wish it had better interiors, space and a bit more competitive pricing.

Drive safe and Enjoy.
Old 11th August 2011, 23:15   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

First of all CONGRATS on the first NFF on the forum !

Quote:
Originally Posted by STARCHILD View Post
Yup. Even if I try to ignore the differences in interior quality, my friends who have seen my Vento keep pointing them out.
Trust me the way I was excited initially to see the first exterior shot, I was equally dejected to see the interior pics ! C'mon Ford, this is a 10L car ! The fabric is an eye sore and so is the the hinge.

Do you plan to go for leather? That should take care of this to some extent.

Quote:
Many thanks Carfreak! I checked the auto up on the driver power window and yes it does work. Not sure what I was doing wrong.
I guess for one touch down windows, you could make out by the tip projecting on the top most portion of the switch. I noticed it and was wondering it should be having it and you just answered my question. I guess you would not have given the right pressure on the switch to get the one touch down activated. Even I had problems initially in my swift but then got used to it.

Quote:
Ford should understand what is more popular in India. If Indians are used to KMPL then that's what they should provide. After all its only a software modification.
Captiva gives 2 or 3 choices how the info needs to be displayed.

Anyway since you love the car on it ride & handling prowess, you could leave the rest and enjoy the car.

Wish you miles of happy & safe motoring !
Old 11th August 2011, 23:39   #35
BHPian

Hearty congratulations Starchild for your NFS. This is the very first on the forum and it makes all the more special. Driver her safe and keep us posted please. And yes, more pics too!!

The first post with the car was a stunner. I am dejected when I saw the interiors. Come on Ford this is a 10L+ car! Panel gaps, pathetic interior plastic quality is not acceptable.

Not intended to hurt you buddy, but the interiors in my i20 are top notch when I compare to this.

Nevertheless, I am happy that you like the ride and the overall comfort. Can you please share the OTR if you don't mind.
Old 12th August 2011, 01:54   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats on the new Fiesta! First one on the forum!!

I agree with what most are saying here, wonderful externally, not so on the inside. The pics of the hinges, cup holders, charging socket etc are horrific to say the least. The official review did say a few things about uneven panel gaps and exposed hinges but I had never imagined it would be this bad!

Pardon my question, but, while at Ford, did you check out the classic? Just for the heck of it? I mean didn't that fit the bill.
Old 12th August 2011, 13:15   #37
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Congrats for the New Fiesta. The handling and drive quality would offset the poor quality interiors. How is the voice call feature works?

Happy motoring and drive safe.
Old 12th August 2011, 13:25   #38
BHPian

Congrats!! The car should be a hoot to drive on the open roads!

Looks like you've already made up for the cost-cutting interiors with the Vento purchase

Does the Fiesta ride better than the Vento?
Old 12th August 2011, 14:57   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations on your New Fiesta and Vento!!!. Wishing you happy and safe driving!!!

However sad to see the feedback on interiors of a 10L+ car.
How about the back seat comfort? Are you satisfied?
Looking forward to your New Fiesta Vs Vento comparison.
Old 12th August 2011, 21:33   #40
BHPian

Congratulation for the Ford. The front looks super glam. The interior quality leaves a bit more to be desired. Hope they catch up soon with the competition.
Comparo b/w Vento & Fiesta would be interesting. Keep it coming.
Old 12th August 2011, 22:33   #41
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your new acquisition!! Drive safe. Wishing you many happy miles with it.

It's disheartening too see such cost cutting on a 10L car. A friend of mine was looking for a new car and we checked out this, I felt the interiors a bit too cramped and it was a bit claustrophobic. Your take on this?
Old 13th August 2011, 00:55   #42
BHPian

Starchild congrats! the car looks very good in silver and I see that you are already enjoying Ford's new riding & handling dynamics. This is such a plus that I am sure Ford is going to be called as poor mans BMW for its ride and handling. If only they could punch in more power. Now time for you to complete the run-in period and looking forward for detailed ownership review.

Last edited by NikhilReddy : 13th August 2011 at 00:57.
Old 13th August 2011, 01:21   #43
BHPian

Congratulations alot STARCHILD for buying a New Fiesta Sedan(NFS), albeit i got l'll bit delayed in wishing you as kept busy by some essential routine works.
Surprsingly, I liked the colour of your car & equally appreciated your Well-weighed(completely Un-biased) reviews towards NFS.
& also 8.5 kmpl is very less against Ford claimed ~17kmpl.
Do update regularly for this aspect also.
Have a Happy Motoring ahead.
Old 13th August 2011, 03:18   #44
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the new ride, Starchild.

It really did feel like a very composed car on my TD. Was actually impressed by i's composure on broken roads. Also had very good road grip. Despite lesser legroom, it did have better seats in the rear. It may not be a zippy car, but I expect it to be one which is a lot of fun to drive and one to be pushed.

How smooth do you find the petrol engine? (I had TD the diesel).
Wishing you many many happy, trouble free and safe miles ahead.

PS: Like the others, would look forward to the comapro between the NFF and Vento. What better than it coming from an owner. TD's tell us very little in comparison.
Old 13th August 2011, 10:29   #45
BHPian

Hi STARCHILD,

Triple congratulations to you!

1 for the ownership of the NFS, 2 for being the first on TBHp, and 3 for a very good review.

Your review was excellent, pointing out both good and bad points, and that makes it very credible and valuable.

I was very happy to read that you find this car peppy and a pleasure to drive. I am a seriously Ford fan and was always sure that Ford would bring out a good drivers car.

Wish you many happy and safe miles and years in your new beauty!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks