Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2011, 11:03   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Need For Speed? – Enter my New Ford Fiesta!

Hearty congratulations on your new buy Starchild And you have a great combination at home now! Vento when you want to ferry 5 in comfort or when being chauffered around or the NFS when you want to have some serious fun behind the wheels But the Interior quality is a cause for concern, affecting the overall experience in an otherwise great driver's car.
Old 13th August 2011, 12:28   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by STARCHILD View Post
It actually moves side to side on its hinges. The build quality is so poor that I think I'll keep it closed.

Attachment 591382
A very detailed with an eye for detail review and that gives viewpoints in a relatively unbiased fashion.

Had a question: Can you elaborate the above point or rather the picture that I have quoted about ? I could not make out what part is being referred to in here.

After looking at the car when it was unveiled I can not but agree with your view as with Team BHP's official report about the sub-standard treatment given to the rear area of the car. I think Ford gave up a very good opportunity for a leadership position but probably handed it over to Hyundai on a platter.

But, it does not take away the fact this is your car and that you are enjoying your drives very much !! Congratulations on buying the new Ford Fiesta and enjoy all the drives while being safe. Do post follow up posts.
Old 13th August 2011, 12:39   #48
Senior - BHPian

@Starchild

How's the voice recognition feature? How do you find it, it is really helpful? Also what are your views on the futurstic looking dashboard?
Old 13th August 2011, 13:54   #49
BANNED

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 16th August 2011 at 14:45.
Live To Jive is offline   Received Infraction
Old 13th August 2011, 17:56   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by handsofsteel View Post
congrats on your new steeds. an unbiased review am in the market for a new ride and was eagerly waiting for the ownership reviews.the interiors seem to be a deal breaker based on your description. need a few inputs, would be grateful for your feedback.
how much did it cost you OTR?
could you please elaborate on the head room at the rear? (we are a family of six-footers).
also, eagerly waiting for your comparo between the vento and the NFF
Thanks handsofsteel. The car cost me Rs. 10,24,866 OTR including 3.5k for floor mats and mud flaps and 3k for anti-rust. I had my friend (5'11") sit at the back and there was a good 4" of head space left. It will vary depending on the size of the torso but most 6 footers should be comfortable at the back unless the driver is 6 feet too and you are sitting right behind him. You can see what I mean on my Vento Vs NFS comparo coming soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
Congratulations, excellent pictures and review. Few questions as usual, slightly OT.

On the first post you did mention that you drove the New Verna and dropped it because of lack of space+comfort in the rear seat.

Did you find anything else that was deal breaker in case of Verna, or if i want to put the question a little differently. If you were looking for a self driven car (Not much use of rear seat) would Verna had made the cut instead of Fiesta?

How does the ride compared to Verna, have read stories of boat feeling in Verna, does the fiesta feel more planted on curves?
I was granted a very short TD on the Verna and didn't find anything wrong in its handling. I guess a more extensive TD would be in order if you are planning to go for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
Wow! A Fiesta and Vento. Congrats!

The black colored plastics on the inside seems to be the same as in Figo. Finish, again doesn't seem perfect. Ford needs to tighten QC.
As with other Fords in India, driving dynamics seem very good. All other issues with the car are forgiven once you are in driver' seat.
Thanks, and my thoughts exactly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxyzen View Post
Congratulations.
This is definitely one of the most straight-forward and unbiased review.I wish you could have elaborated a bot more on the performance factor. But then the car is brand new and you haven't driven it too much!

You have put up certain pictures (interior) that really question whether this is a 10L car. Specially the Charging socket/ the cotton cloth / pannel gaps / and finally the cheap looking hinge. Great attention to details (for the Review).
But dont worry, the one on Vento is segment best.

I believe it is the petrol version of Fiesta. And is it a TDi for Vento?
Anyway the comparo is something I will be waiting for.

As far as a driver's car is concerned, Fiesta is one of the best. I wish it had better interiors, space and a bit more competitive pricing.

Drive safe and Enjoy.
Nope, a petrol heart for the Vento too (guess I'm brave or ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
First of all CONGRATS on the first NFF on the forum !

Trust me the way I was excited initially to see the first exterior shot, I was equally dejected to see the interior pics ! C'mon Ford, this is a 10L car ! The fabric is an eye sore and so is the the hinge.

Do you plan to go for leather? That should take care of this to some extent.

I guess for one touch down windows, you could make out by the tip projecting on the top most portion of the switch. I noticed it and was wondering it should be having it and you just answered my question. I guess you would not have given the right pressure on the switch to get the one touch down activated. Even I had problems initially in my swift but then got used to it.

Captiva gives 2 or 3 choices how the info needs to be displayed.

Anyway since you love the car on it ride & handling prowess, you could leave the rest and enjoy the car.

Wish you miles of happy & safe motoring !
Seat covers will only go so far in improving the look .
You are right I wasn't applying enough pressure on the window switch...
I checked the manual couldn't find any way to change the display to KMPL, weird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingkolors View Post
Hearty congratulations Starchild for your NFS. This is the very first on the forum and it makes all the more special. Driver her safe and keep us posted please. And yes, more pics too!!

The first post with the car was a stunner. I am dejected when I saw the interiors. Come on Ford this is a 10L+ car! Panel gaps, pathetic interior plastic quality is not acceptable.

Not intended to hurt you buddy, but the interiors in my i20 are top notch when I compare to this.

Nevertheless, I am happy that you like the ride and the overall comfort. Can you please share the OTR if you don't mind.
Thanks. Most cars even those a segment below have better interiors. Ford had better listen. OTR = 1024866.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Congrats on the new Fiesta! First one on the forum!!

I agree with what most are saying here, wonderful externally, not so on the inside. The pics of the hinges, cup holders, charging socket etc are horrific to say the least. The official review did say a few things about uneven panel gaps and exposed hinges but I had never imagined it would be this bad!

Pardon my question, but, while at Ford, did you check out the classic? Just for the heck of it? I mean didn't that fit the bill.
I was afraid that the classic might get phased out in a couple of years and lose even more resale value. Our 2007 esteem is worth 50k less than my 2007 santro. Plus the classic has been around for a while now and looks dated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
Congrats for the New Fiesta. The handling and drive quality would offset the poor quality interiors. How is the voice call feature works?

Happy motoring and drive safe.
Create a phonebook then press a button on the indicator stalk and say "PHONE" then "DIAL NAME" or "DIAL NUMBER" and proceed accordingly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayman360 View Post
Congrats!! The car should be a hoot to drive on the open roads!

Looks like you've already made up for the cost-cutting interiors with the Vento purchase

Does the Fiesta ride better than the Vento?
Oh yes, the Fiesta has a much better ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Congratulations on your New Fiesta and Vento!!!. Wishing you happy and safe driving!!!

However sad to see the feedback on interiors of a 10L+ car.
How about the back seat comfort? Are you satisfied?
Looking forward to your New Fiesta Vs Vento comparison.
Back seat comfort is good. Will share details in the Vento Vs NFS post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian View Post
Congratulation for the Ford. The front looks super glam. The interior quality leaves a bit more to be desired. Hope they catch up soon with the competition.
Comparo b/w Vento & Fiesta would be interesting. Keep it coming.
Thanks. Comparo is already underway!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinj12 View Post
Congrats on your new acquisition!! Drive safe. Wishing you many happy miles with it.

It's disheartening too see such cost cutting on a 10L car. A friend of mine was looking for a new car and we checked out this, I felt the interiors a bit too cramped and it was a bit claustrophobic. Your take on this?
The dark colours and rising window line might make some people feel claustrophobic but its no way as bad as the rear of the new verna. Besides the car is meant for my dad and he is ok with it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikhilReddy View Post
Starchild congrats! the car looks very good in silver and I see that you are already enjoying Ford's new riding & handling dynamics. This is such a plus that I am sure Ford is going to be called as poor mans BMW for its ride and handling. If only they could punch in more power. Now time for you to complete the run-in period and looking forward for detailed ownership review.
Unfortunately with the rising fuel prices performance will continue to be sacrificed at the altar of economy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRtorquefan View Post
Congratulations alot STARCHILD for buying a New Fiesta Sedan(NFS), albeit i got l'll bit delayed in wishing you as kept busy by some essential routine works.
Surprsingly, I liked the colour of your car & equally appreciated your Well-weighed(completely Un-biased) reviews towards NFS.
& also 8.5 kmpl is very less against Ford claimed ~17kmpl.
Do update regularly for this aspect also.
Have a Happy Motoring ahead.
Thanks CRtorquefan. The car was caught in stop and go traffic hence the dismal economy I guess. Also I expect things will improve after the 1st service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poitive View Post
Congrats on the new ride, Starchild.

It really did feel like a very composed car on my TD. Was actually impressed by i's composure on broken roads. Also had very good road grip. Despite lesser legroom, it did have better seats in the rear. It may not be a zippy car, but I expect it to be one which is a lot of fun to drive and one to be pushed.

How smooth do you find the petrol engine? (I had TD the diesel).
Wishing you many many happy, trouble free and safe miles ahead.

PS: Like the others, would look forward to the comapro between the NFF and Vento. What better than it coming from an owner. TD's tell us very little in comparison.
The engine is smooth as silk (for lack of a better metaphor), much better than the Vento which atleast to my ears is noisier and sounds harsher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damu View Post
Hi STARCHILD,

Triple congratulations to you!

1 for the ownership of the NFS, 2 for being the first on TBHp, and 3 for a very good review.

Your review was excellent, pointing out both good and bad points, and that makes it very credible and valuable.

I was very happy to read that you find this car peppy and a pleasure to drive. I am a seriously Ford fan and was always sure that Ford would bring out a good drivers car.

Wish you many happy and safe miles and years in your new beauty!
Many many thanks Damu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
Hearty congratulations on your new buy Starchild And you have a great combination at home now! Vento when you want to ferry 5 in comfort or when being chauffered around or the NFS when you want to have some serious fun behind the wheels But the Interior quality is a cause for concern, affecting the overall experience in an otherwise great driver's car.
That's the plan. Bruce will use the Vento during the day and at night Batman will rule the streets on his batmobile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaren View Post
A very detailed with an eye for detail review and that gives viewpoints in a relatively unbiased fashion.

Had a question: Can you elaborate the above point or rather the picture that I have quoted about ? I could not make out what part is being referred to in here.

After looking at the car when it was unveiled I can not but agree with your view as with Team BHP's official report about the sub-standard treatment given to the rear area of the car. I think Ford gave up a very good opportunity for a leadership position but probably handed it over to Hyundai on a platter.

But, it does not take away the fact this is your car and that you are enjoying your drives very much !! Congratulations on buying the new Ford Fiesta and enjoy all the drives while being safe. Do post follow up posts.
Its the storage compartment for the driver on the bottom part of the dash. Its build is so flimsy that the cover moves from side to side when open.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
@Starchild

How's the voice recognition feature? How do you find it, it is really helpful? Also what are your views on the futurstic looking dashboard?
The lady has a wonderful voice but I'd rather use my hands on her. The voice control is more of a gimmick and you quickly give up playing with it. Good to impress friends initially. You have to activate it via a switch on the indicator stalk and then you have to remember specific commands also there is a time lag. A special note: There were no problems with the system understanding my accent unlike whats mentioned in many other reviews. The dash design goes well with the exterior look.

Last edited by GTO : 16th August 2011 at 14:46. Reason: Quoted post deleted
STARCHILD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2011, 21:16   #51
BANNED

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Last edited by GTO : 16th August 2011 at 14:46.
Live To Jive is offline   Received Infraction
Old 14th August 2011, 12:53   #52
Senior - BHPian

Great Starchild, I hope you will posting your comparison based on the post driving experience of the Vento and the NFF and not just on the looks part of it. I dont know if this calls for a new thread though.

Give us some details about the maintenance perspective too.

Last edited by GTO : 16th August 2011 at 14:47. Reason: Quoted post has been deleted
Old 14th August 2011, 18:01   #53
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations & I'm surprised that Ford have compromised on interior quality!
Quote:
Originally Posted by STARCHILD View Post
DISLIKES
- No option of keeping only one ORVM open

One touch and both ORVM can be opened or closed. COOL! Now how do I close just one?
None of the cars that have auto-retract/fold have the option of one mirror closing, it is always both.

PS: Is it only me or are most of the pics failing to load completely?

Last edited by suman : 14th August 2011 at 18:16.
Old 14th August 2011, 22:01   #54
BHPian

Congrats on your new car. But whats shocks me is the quality of plastic and panel gaps used in the new fiesta. Why is ford following Toyota in cutting down on quality if their cars to earn more. I was so dissapointed to see the quality of plastic used in the new Toyota Corolla Altis. My 2005 Corolla has better plastics than the 2001 model. Never expected this from Toyota & Ford
Old 15th August 2011, 09:15   #55
BHPian

Last edited by GTO : 16th August 2011 at 14:47.
Dr.Awesomeness is offline   Received Infraction
Old 15th August 2011, 13:19   #56
BHPian

I've been thinking of getting a new car and the new ford fiesta was on the top of my list but looking at the interiors I'm having second thoughts now. Why would anyone want to spend 12-13 lakhs on a car and get this in return. I understand the car is a pleasure to drive and since I'd be upgrading from the 1.6 Palio this looks to be the only drivers car in this segment, but the interiors are a letdown.

If ford improves the interiors I'll buy the fiesta without any thinking and I'm willing to wait 6 months for that.
Old 16th August 2011, 15:34   #57
BHPian

Congrats Starchild on the new buy. Ford claims Fiesta is their only car 100% built on their new Kinetic design and it definitely shows. The looks are smashing. I saw the forum mentioning the rear being not blended to the overall design, however the design engineers say that the rear has been raised up for it to weigh down towards the front end and provide better dynamics.

I saw the Fiesta Test drive in Times Now . They were raving about the interiors like anything(might be because the Test drive was partially hosted by employees from Ford India). The final verdict was making the ANHV look not that worthy for competition. Also the host did not mention of any the cons. He had to sum up (only) appreciating :

1. Best NVH levels in the class
2. Voice control and Cruise control
3. Fit and Finish. I am not sure where was he looking after reading your comments.
4. Ride Quality and Response.

No hard feelings Starchild, I chose the Verna over Fiesta,as liking is purely a matter of hearts. But I have driven the Classic fiesta TCDi and it was surely a delight.

I do agree Fiesta looks more sporty and youthful than ANHV.

Happy and 'Fiest'ful driving.
Old 17th August 2011, 11:59   #58
BHPian

congratulations btw it should be called NFF - new ford fiesta and not NFS, unless you want need for speed as the name. I expected interior quality to be better, as this was on my list after my Linea but i guess i will give it a pass, and people complain about Linea's interior.

For cars are good handlers, let us know about the service experience.
Old 17th August 2011, 18:25   #59
BHPian

Congrats Starchild for your new NFF and Vento! I'm surprised to see the poor quality interiors. Seems Ford wanted to cut down on cost per car. Bad strategy. Post your reviews soon with loads of pictures.

Enjoy your drive!
Old 18th August 2011, 13:13   #60
BHPian

@STARCHILD; How are your actual FE figures before the 1st service?

I am still awaiting the delivery of my car booked over 2+ months ago, till then I continue to bug other NFS owners with queries.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks