Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2011, 17:00   #61
BHPian

Re: Need For Speed? – Enter my New Ford Fiesta!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Great Starchild, I hope you will posting your comparison based on the post driving experience of the Vento and the NFF and not just on the looks part of it. I dont know if this calls for a new thread though.

Give us some details about the maintenance perspective too.
I've completed the comparison. Have asked mods to move the tread from the assembly line section.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Congratulations & I'm surprised that Ford have compromised on interior quality!

None of the cars that have auto-retract/fold have the option of one mirror closing, it is always both.

PS: Is it only me or are most of the pics failing to load completely?
True, But with so many cars getting their ORVMs clipped it would be a good idea. Try clearing cookies or another browser if the pics are not loading. Hope the net connection is not slow, there are a lot of pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hurricane View Post
Congrats on your new car. But whats shocks me is the quality of plastic and panel gaps used in the new fiesta. Why is ford following Toyota in cutting down on quality if their cars to earn more. I was so dissapointed to see the quality of plastic used in the new Toyota Corolla Altis. My 2005 Corolla has better plastics than the 2001 model. Never expected this from Toyota & Ford
It pains me to see this happening so often. More voices need to be raised against such unfair practices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharninder View Post
I've been thinking of getting a new car and the new ford fiesta was on the top of my list but looking at the interiors I'm having second thoughts now. Why would anyone want to spend 12-13 lakhs on a car and get this in return. I understand the car is a pleasure to drive and since I'd be upgrading from the 1.6 Palio this looks to be the only drivers car in this segment, but the interiors are a letdown.

If ford improves the interiors I'll buy the fiesta without any thinking and I'm willing to wait 6 months for that.
The interiors matter a lot to me but not everyone. After all my dad did buy it, despite the flaws. The car does please on the gizmos/looks/performance front. I suggest you check it out personally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogweelz View Post
Congrats Starchild on the new buy. Ford claims Fiesta is their only car 100% built on their new Kinetic design and it definitely shows. The looks are smashing. I saw the forum mentioning the rear being not blended to the overall design, however the design engineers say that the rear has been raised up for it to weigh down towards the front end and provide better dynamics. - not sure I buy this as the engine is there to weigh down the front.

I saw the Fiesta Test drive in Times Now . They were raving about the interiors like anything(might be because the Test drive was partially hosted by employees from Ford India). The final verdict was making the ANHV look not that worthy for competition. Also the host did not mention of any the cons. He had to sum up (only) appreciating :

1. Best NVH levels in the class
2. Voice control and Cruise control
3. Fit and Finish. I am not sure where was he looking after reading your comments.
4. Ride Quality and Response.

- Such practices only reduce the credibility of an otherwise respected brand (I'm referring to both Ford and Times)

No hard feelings Starchild, I chose the Verna over Fiesta,as liking is purely a matter of hearts. But I have driven the Classic fiesta TCDi and it was surely a delight. - I agree and congratulation!

I do agree Fiesta looks more sporty and youthful than ANHV.

Happy and 'Fiest'ful driving. -Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindgrinder View Post
congratulations btw it should be called NFF - new ford fiesta and not NFS, unless you want need for speed as the name. I expected interior quality to be better, as this was on my list after my Linea but i guess i will give it a pass, and people complain about Linea's interior.

For cars are good handlers, let us know about the service experience.
You're right, NFF makes more sense, but I saw NFS being used on several posts so went along with that. Will revert with details on the 1st service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkydude View Post
Congrats Starchild for your new NFF and Vento! I'm surprised to see the poor quality interiors. Seems Ford wanted to cut down on cost per car. Bad strategy. Post your reviews soon with loads of pictures.

Enjoy your drive!
The review on the Vento and comparison between the two should be moving from the assembly line section soon. Oh yes...There are a lot of pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugeeta View Post
@STARCHILD; How are your actual FE figures before the 1st service?

I am still awaiting the delivery of my car booked over 2+ months ago, till then I continue to bug other NFS owners with queries.
The best that I got on the Vento on the gurgaon expressway was an incredible 17.9 KMPL with AC. In city its giving around 12.8-13.7 with AC. The Fiesta is giving around 10 KMPL but it gets caught in traffic a lot more. I suppose it will improve after the 1st service at 2.5k KMs. Weird though as this is the one that's supposed to be a sipper.

Its odd that you have been waiting for so long. Even the diesel has a waiting of about 2 weeks.
Old 20th August 2011, 18:57   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogweelz View Post
I saw the Fiesta Test drive in Times Now . They were raving about the interiors like anything(might be because the Test drive was partially hosted by employees from Ford India). The final verdict was making the ANHV look not that worthy for competition. Also the host did not mention of any the cons. He had to sum up (only) appreciating :

1. Best NVH levels in the class
2. Voice control and Cruise control
3. Fit and Finish. I am not sure where was he looking after reading your comments.
4. Ride Quality and Response.
I saw it too. But today's TV episode showed the ANHV and it too got a lot of praise. They said the only let down was the handling part, but when the car was loaded with features, one could forget that one weakness.

I find Times Drive reviews far better than other TV channels.

Sorry for going OT.

@Starchild---congrats and please do post a comprehensive review.
Old 20th November 2011, 11:02   #63
MAS
Senior - BHPian

@Starchild

Would appreciate any update on the Fiesta? What is the mileage you are able to churn out of the car? Any squeaks? Any issues?
Old 21st November 2011, 15:10   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
@Starchild

Would appreciate any update on the Fiesta? What is the mileage you are able to churn out of the car? Any squeaks? Any issues?
I had posted an update on my other thread about the fiesta http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ach-other.html

This is the summary
- 1st service was done on 7/10/2011.
- We had two issues with the car, one being that the car would not lock automatically when in motion or after the ignition was turned on and the second was with the outside temperature sensor which was malfunctioning. We were informed that there is no auto lock feature in the NFS and after two follow up visits and several discussions with the "trained in Detroit" chief engineer the temperature problem remains unsolved.
- There were no charges and the car was returned after around 4 hours.
- The mileage has improved and the car is now giving around 11.5 KMPL in city traffic with AC.
Old 19th December 2011, 13:31   #65
BHPian

The Ground Clearance for the Fiesta is not mentioned in their tch specifications. What is it?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks