Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2014, 17:38   #106
Senior - BHPian

Re: Skoda Fabia 1.6 - Maintenance, Mods & Accessories

Hi , on the verge of ordering this , just wanted to check once more with you on how its going , no problems or niggles i hope? And if you could confirm that the seller name was 9 Moon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajcs View Post
I think you were spot on with your observation. The colour is not exact match of the original blanking panel. It's a slightly different shade. But once you fit it, it certainly does not look out of place. It should not be a deal breaker.

Last edited by puchoo : 9th March 2014 at 17:45.
Old 9th March 2014, 20:27   #107
BHPian

Re: Skoda Fabia 1.6 - Maintenance, Mods & Accessories

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
Hi , on the verge of ordering this , just wanted to check once more with you on how its going , no problems or niggles i hope? And if you could confirm that the seller name was 9 Moon?
The product is very useful and functioning very well. The seller was 9-Moon Car Shopping Mall.
Old 21st July 2015, 19:36   #108
BHPian

Re: Skoda Fabia 1.6 - Wolf in Sheep's clothing

hi rajcs,
i am surprised by the fuel efficiency that you have managed to get.
i have a 2012 1.6 elegance and i only manage to get around 9 in city and around 13 on highway runs.
have checked with different service stations and they all say that this is the best i can get.
please can you highlight as to how you are getting such good fuel efficiency.

i am scheduled for a mumbai-kerala drive on the 5th and it will be great if i can mange to solve this issue before the ride.

any pointers for a maintenance check? a suspension and fluid check is in store before the trip. i have done 55000kms so far.
thanks

[quote=rajcs;2862420][u][b]20000 km update

FE in Delhi has been consistent : 12.5 in summer; 14 in winter.
Old 1st August 2015, 08:08   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smally View Post
hi rajcs,
i am surprised by the fuel efficiency that you have managed to get.
i have a 2012 1.6 elegance and i only manage to get around 9 in city and around 13 on highway runs.
have checked with different service stations and they all say that this is the best i can get.
please can you highlight as to how you are getting such good fuel efficiency.

i am scheduled for a mumbai-kerala drive on the 5th and it will be great if i can mange to solve this issue before the ride.

any pointers for a maintenance check? a suspension and fluid check is in store before the trip. i have done 55000kms so far.
thanks.

My car is now four years old and done 53000 km. I did just the routine service every year + the free check up every six months. Nothing more.
I was getting an FE of 12 (tank to tank) or 7.5-8.2 l/100 km in Delhi with ac on. But Delhi, unlike Mumbai affords faster average speeds. In most of my trips I am able to average above 35 km/ hr.
Another factor is the trip distance. You should use this car only if your trip is over 10 km. For my shorter trips I have been using my bicycle or Zen.
Quality of fuel is also an important factor. I was filling up from the same COCO pump most of the time. I also noticed using 93 octane (IOCL) gives better performance and FE.
I recently did a three day 2000 km trip to Karwar from Delhi via Pune. I got an FE of around 14 kmpl. If you don't exceed double digit speeds you can get amazing FE of 5.5 l/100 km on highways. But then that's not the point of this car, isn't it!
Also, I am getting better FE with my new Yoko S2 tires than original Apollo.
As far as your trip to Kerala is concerned, well, have no concerns. Just top up good fuel, fill nitrogen and go. The car is as solid even after a 2000 km run. Yeah, take the NH4 route rather than NH17.
All the best.
Rajcs
Old 17th January 2020, 22:55   #110
BHPian

Hi all. I am based out of Chennai and a friend of mine is planning to sell a fabia (2011), 1.6 elegance. It has around 50000km on the odo. I have not driven it as yet. Is it worth considering this buy? They are the first owners btw.
I am mainly concerned about the availability of spares etc.. Any any idea of what might be an ideal price for the same, assuming the car is mechanically fine not needing any major service/replacement.? Any help is welcome..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks