Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2011, 12:23   #1
BHPian

Initial ownership review: Ford Endeavour 3.0L 4x4 AT

Well, I finally get to post this! Presenting to dear team-bhpians and guests, my IOR of our beloved new acquisition, Rocky, a Ford Endeavour 3.0L 4x4 AT.

Initial ownership review: Ford Endeavour 3.0L 4x4 AT-tbhp.jpg

-----
We have wanted a bigger vehicle for long, let' say since 2006. We do long drives a lot. It's a minimum of 2 trips per month each trip managing atleast 500kms on the trip meter. Slowly into our research that started in 2006, I also caught the 'off-roading interest'. Completely new to the SUV and off-roading segments, we stuck to reading reviews. I started stalking team-bhp in 2009 when the family interest for a bigger vehicle in the SUV segment started gaining strength. There was an engineering firm owner a few houses nearby who used to change cars like, every year. It was through him that we got a first-hand view of the Pajero and the Innova. A friend of his had brought a Ford Endeavour when visiting him and he kindly gave us a mini-tour of the vehicle. Again through reading reviews, we became aware of soft roaders, off roaders, UVs, their characteristics, capabilities, uses etc. We thought we were now well informed to make a test drive and a choice. I then was sent off to the UK on assignments for 2 years. Came back in 2011, took some time to settle, sort out a few family issues and then the hunt renewed. This time it was fervent. We booked test drives for the Pajero, Endeavour and the Tuscon. Test drove all of them.

- All the alternatives that were considered, and why you zeroed in on this particular car
It had to be the Endeavour for us:-
- Supreme looks (though I still like the older model better and would have bought it if it was offered as a 'Classic')
- Sturdiness & build quality - walk around the Endeavour, look at every foot of metal on top, bend down and take a look under, wheel arches, chassis, under the bonnet (and the bonnet itself!) etc., and you'll know it's built like a tank
- Fully loaded gadgetry: more than what I usually use or would need
- Cost: entry level premium SUV
- Decent autobox with a powerful engine
- Decent off-roading capabilities for wannabe occasional off roaders like me
We almost bought the Pajero, but it was the autobox that was the deciding factor. Plus to some extent, that Mitsubishi had newer (and expensive) alternatives to the Pajero.

Initial ownership review: Ford Endeavour 3.0L 4x4 AT-exterior-shot-mud.jpg

- Complete booking & delivery experience from the dealership
Let me say it was fairly smooth but there's room for improvement from MPL Ford (Nandanam, Chennai). Also the sales guy who accompanied us on the test drive was not very technical or knowledgable. For e.g., he didn’t know the overdrive switch and the function. I’m not sure if that’s too technical to expect, but I was looking for some technical talk instead of the superficial sales stuff, and this was lacking. The only real complaint I have is they didn't deliver the vehicle on the date promised and I was not kept informed of goings-on. They took 15 days more. I escalated the issue to the GM Sales, and he personally attended to my booking till the factory bill was raised. The staff were very cordial and attentive, though lacking in know-how or the know-what-you-talk stuff. They've also this SMS alerts as part of customer service and there are some niggles in that but overall I think that's a good initiative. A quick timeline with events:

15-Jun: paid Rs. 1L and booked. 40K "Corporate" discount agreed and was given Level A pricing.
16-Jun to 28-Jun: negotiations for loan. The dealership provided contacts from HDFC bank- 1) quoted a higher rate 2) didn't offer a part prepayment in their terms of offer. We parallely negotiated with a telephonic officer from the same bank who gave us 11% and part-prepayment option. We asked them to decide between themselves and ultimately, the dealership provided contact agreed to the same terms and conditions.
28-Jun: loan amount disbursed to MPL Ford
12-Jul: VAT increase in TN. Since factory bill was not raised the dealership said I had to pay the increase in VAT. Negotiated for a further discount but to no avail. The option they offered me at the old pricing was a Silver colored one which (they said) had been taken out of the factory a couple of days back. I was skeptical on this as the TD vehicle was a Silver colored one too

The mfg. date was Jul '11. Registration and other formalities were completed without any hassles. I paid 10K extra for the number of our choice. There's this “sentiment” I have with numbers. Unlike general perception, 8 is not an unlucky number for me, but 6 is. AND the RTO only doesn't issue numbers that add up to 8. So we decided to go for the number that avoids 6 and ended up choosing a lovely palindrome. They gave an RTO bill for 8K. The dealership said the rest 2K are for bribes.

Delivery was smooth and done on time on the day promised (30 Jul). A complete walkthrough of the features of the vehicle was given prior to delivery. The cleaners could have done a better job applying the final cleaning to the vehicle at time of delivery but I am not complaining here. I had bought gifts for the 2 sales guys assigned to my booking, presented them with it and pushed off.

- On-road price, discounts etc.
The OTR price in total was Rs. 23.71L. I opted for extended warranty (obviously) too.

- Be sure to list the engine type & variant you opted for
The 3.0L 4x4 AT

- The good and / or bad about its equipment levels
I am very satisfied with the equipment levels. Find below the complete listing (taken from the brochure, available for download at the Ford India website):

Initial ownership review: Ford Endeavour 3.0L 4x4 AT-feat1.jpg

Initial ownership review: Ford Endeavour 3.0L 4x4 AT-feat2.jpg

Initial ownership review: Ford Endeavour 3.0L 4x4 AT-feat3.jpg

The front passenger seat belts are height adjustable.

ICE: I'm a music freak so the CD is the only thing I use all the time. My daughter loves to watch her DVDs on the mounted display. Both the wife and I use the Bluetooth connectivity a lot to take calls on the move. Right now, we are switching connections; I haven't yet figured out how to configure two mobiles at the same time to the Bluetooth unit (is that even possible?)

The GPS/SatNav system was a blessing on my first long trip from Chennai -> Trichy and back. The moment I entered the outskirts of Trichy, I entered the street address of the hotel where we were going to stay and the GPS led us all the way to the street! Another instance on the same trip was for short onward journeys to visit some temples. Enter the Village/Town to find, and again the GPS led us there. It gives very timely cues. Examples:
- Continue straight for another 90kms
- After 1.9kms, enter the rotary and take the 2nd exit (this means the road straight, at a roundtana. The left is the first exit, the right the third exit and a u-turn is the 4th exit)
- In 250 metres, turn right
- In 100 metres, turn right
- Turn right
etc.
Also, check the following during navigation:

Initial ownership review: Ford Endeavour 3.0L 4x4 AT-gps-eta.jpg
Top left: the next direction/route change or status quo (if straight) indicator, along with the distance to encounter.
Top mid-screen: Distance To Go, ETA and Time To Go
Planned route indicated by blue, red arrow indicated vehicle and marking for important locations like bunks, schools, colleges etc. This was pretty accurate in the route I travelled.

One more:

Initial ownership review: Ford Endeavour 3.0L 4x4 AT-gps-road-name.jpg
Top mid-screen: the name of the road we are currently on.
Bottom mid-screen: NH indicator.

These options/indicators keep cycling on the screen.

In addition, there is also the speedo, and progress monitor displays (giving the accumulated statistics for the route) which can be toggled on and off. I’ll promise to click these next time.

The MapMYIndia SatNav system is great. I think the guys at MMI have done a commendable job. It has Chennai covered very well I think, and the two or three times I used the SatNav just to check it out yielded very accurate positioning. Heck, this even shows a Cafe Coffee Day on the outskirts of Chennai on the Chennai-Bangalore highway. I have read there is a level of house number navigation integration already built in and more work going on. I think MMI must continue doing their good job and we owners keep updating the maps regularly. Who knows when we might need it! I'm right now struggling to find my MMI ID which it says will be on the back of the cover which came with it, but I received the system built into my ICE so I have to ask the SEs for a way out.

Reverse parking camera has a clear, wide vision, and bright enough at night too.

Things that I don’t so like very much: the "touch screen" isn't THAT responsive. You have to give it a harder tap for response. But that's maybe because I'm used to an iPhone!

- How many kms you have completed at the time of writing your review
Odometer reading: 3065 kms

- Your usage pattern (e.g. 12 kms daily in dense traffic)
The above 3065 includes: a 925 kms long trip (Chennai -> Trichy -> (nearby locations) -> Chennai), a 0.5 km mild offroading trip and the rest is daily travel (88kms/day to office on alternate days, which is 50% highway and 50% city).

- Comments on the exterior styling & design
Handsome looks. I have never heard or read anyone debating this. Again, I liked the older version better, since I think that was more butch and muscular (also the tyres were 265). I would say the styling is simplistic, no-frills and non-flashy.

Things that I liked:
- I like that there is no etching of the name, or 4WD or 3.0L or stuff like that anywhere on the exteriors. I hate that on any vehicle. There’s just a simple etching on a mini-grill pattern, near the front doors. There was etching of symbols and the name in the previous model, though.
- Solid build quality
- Flexible mud flaps
- Strong Plastic Protection under wheel arches (not sure if that is the right way to put it) **
- ENDEAVOUR etched on the front grille
** Having said that, I noticed this. Left rear wheel. Look at the open/exposed pipes under the wheel arches. Why aren’t these protected? In contrast, look at the next picture, which is the rear right, and has plastic protector arches. I don't think there are any pipes underneath the plastic.

Initial ownership review: Ford Endeavour 3.0L 4x4 AT-left-rear-wheel-arch.jpg

Initial ownership review: Ford Endeavour 3.0L 4x4 AT-right-rear-wheel-arch.jpg

Any thoughts from experts/owners on this? Should get it clarified from the SE.

Things that I don’t so like very much:
- The “5-speed automatic” stickers on the doors and the “ENDEAVOUR” sticker on the back (lower left corner)
- Currently, those exposed pipelines
- Would have loved auto-closing of ORVMs on engine switch off. Some idiot folded the ORVMs overnight at the parking lot of the hotel where I was put up. I don't think any damage was done, as the ORVM and the electric controls all worked fine when I tried it, but still I hate the fact someone did it. Sigh! I could have been more careful myself.
- Overall build quality and fit & finish
It feels solid and I feel safe and secure inside. I have examined the vehicle foot by foot for every metal surface outside and couldn’t find a loose fit or a low strength area. The back door is also very heavy and solid.

The paint job is amazing and the 3M shine on top adds to that shiny metallic look.

I couldn’t really find any negatives in this area.

- Interior design & quality
I would say luxurious and utilitarian.

- Camel interiors with ebony dashboard with minimal wood finishing
- ICE illumination keeps changing colors every few seconds
- Red illumination for the rest of the instrument cluster and other controls and is adjustable for brightness
- Large a/c vents
- Large illuminated glove box + a dashboard tray (stowable)
- Carpeting
Unlikes:
- Bottle holders can hold only smaller than 1L bottles. Bottle holders on the doors can hold 1L bottles though.
- The gear shifter could do with some attention like chrome or wood finish or atleast some kind of leather. It looks very plain. Simplistic again?
Initial ownership review: Ford Endeavour 3.0L 4x4 AT-gear-shifter.jpg
- Inconveniently placed handbrake
I’m not wasting server space by clicking those ‘n’ number of interior photographs. The TBHP official review of the Endeavour has loads of interior pictures here.

- Interior space and comfort
Not much luggage room with all rows upright. You have to fold the third row. Or remove it completely if you need lots of luggage space. We had no problems as we placed all our luggage on the third row and floor. There’s some amount of flexibility inside. Like we fold one of the second row seats. My wife sits in one of the seats and my daughter likes to go back to catch some sleep and then sit with her mother when having food etc. The folded seat gives space to move around the interiors.

- Air conditioner, seat support, ergonomics and other noteworthy interior points
Maybe because of the large vents, the interiors chill pretty fast. I’ve not had a chance to complain about lack of climate control as we could always use more a/c down south here! No complaints on the leg room, front and middle row.

Under thigh support is not great. This includes the driver’s seat (but only if you don’t adjust it correctly, lengthwise). The platform gets raised as you move towards the rear but the height remains a constant.

Ride is bumpy. I have felt that a loaded vehicle (3 adults + 1 child) at the specified pressures 30psi front and 32psi rear reduced the bumpiness to some extent. 3rd row we found is best for our kid to sit and watch DVDs from a distance or to take a nap. The bumps don’t make her fall off and neither do sudden braking. Otherwise the 3rd row is pretty useless.

- Engine performance & driveability in the city
Power readily available on tap. Turbo lag exists below ~1200 rpm and I was told this is normal, by the SE. I am not a lead foot, but a slow sinker of the foot, hence I feel this lag very much. Especially during the stop starts. Easily overcome by pressing the accelerator a bit more, the engine responds very well. Power is refined during city driving.

- Engine performance & driveability on the highway
Outright power, which you know is readily available to be utilised. Though not a sprinter, acceleration is powerful enough for those overtaking manoeuvres when you need them. Excellent sound insulation.

There is outright power, but I can’t say it is refined. I am not technical enough on this, though. But what I think is till the time OD is engaged, I do feel the revving of the engine. Once OD is engaged, it’s like the vehicle is in a different league. Outright power (WOW those overtaking) and refinement aplenty! No revving felt, sound levels drop and vehicles disappear on your RVMs.

- Overall opinion on the engine
Powerful is all I can say as a new driver and on 3065 kms. Maybe more later.

- Gearshift / transmission quality, smoothness, response time etc.
I can distinctly feel the shifts (especially the 2->3) when driving in the city and very minimally felt when on the highways. The response when I needed lower gears is excellent. You don’t have to ‘floor’ the pedal as the manual says. Just a gentle, but quick push of the pedal is enough.

- Fuel efficiency: City and Highway
From what I have measured so far:

Initial ownership review: Ford Endeavour 3.0L 4x4 AT-fe.jpg

- Suspension & ride quality
Is good on good roads. Otherwise, the front suspensions are good and the rear is not great. I’ve found driving slow at the specified tyre pressures works for me and the vehicle. Going faster puts too much of stress on the chassis and the suspension parts as well. It also pains me

- Handling, on-road behaviour and grip levels
Let me say that currently for me, this is not an “in-city” vehicle. I’ve tried to use it (Chennai), and the pain points are:
- Parking and manouverability in tight, closed spaces
- You have to be constantly on the watch out: check R-ORVM, RVM, L-RVM for any idiot coming closer to your vehicle, or you yourself getting too close when taking turns. Good exercise for your neck and eyes!
- Casual riders sometimes bump your ORVMs
- Not possible to make short and quick stop-gos within city
The saving grace is ofcourse the AT which is a boon and is a strong pusher to nullify the cons.

I’ve had no issues with handling. Don’t drive it like a Maruti Zen and you’ll be just fine. As a precaution, I take the inner lane + outer lane route when negotiating curves on the highways, as I get a feel it might topple at high speeds if I don’t (body roll?).

No issues with grip levels when on tarmac. I think the stock tires do fabulously well. In a mild-offroading (some slush created by rain) that I did, I do think the A/T tyres would have been a better bet for grip.

- Comments on the steering, braking, high speed stability etc.
Very responsive and feeding back steering. I love this! I noticed some amount of engine braking present when dropping from 100+ speeds, but below 80+, there’s no engine braking felt and you need to keep your brakes ready if you’re going to stop suddenly. Strong brakes, I never had to use it hard anytime. But that maybe due to my driving style. I am a steady, cautious and “fast-only-when—it-is-ok” kind of driver. The only “issue” I had with high speed stability is as I wrote earlier “I take the inner lane + outer lane route when negotiating curves on the highways, as I get a feel it might topple at high speeds if I don’t.”

- Any particular likes (damped ashtrays, powerful headlights, music system etc.)
- I like the design & styling of the six-spoke alloys. Very easy to clean too.
Initial ownership review: Ford Endeavour 3.0L 4x4 AT-front-wheel-after.jpg
- For some reason, I like the fact that the vehicle does not twitch a bit when passengers are embarking or dis-embarking! Also when a 60kg lady climbs up and sits on the bonnet to clean the windshield. Gives me a feeling of solidity.
- Not even a slight feeling of tiredness after long drives.
- Big seats for passengers (front and middle). Middle row is 50-50.
- The illuminated (red) scuff plates that read “ENDEAVOUR”, big and bold and the puddle lamp.
Initial ownership review: Ford Endeavour 3.0L 4x4 AT-scuff-plate.jpg
Initial ownership review: Ford Endeavour 3.0L 4x4 AT-puddle-lamp.jpg
- Any particular dislikes (small mirrors, weak wipers, weak foglamps etc.)
- I have big feet and also wear big, wide shoes/coolers. The foot rest is too thin to rest my foot. So the foot either leans against the centre dash gear selector area most of the time or has to be held in position straight. This causes muscle soreness during long drives.
Initial ownership review: Ford Endeavour 3.0L 4x4 AT-foot-rest.jpg
- There must be some workaround for this, or I don’t know how to operate this: the SatNAV display AND the overhead DVD player can’t be ON at the same time. SatNAV voice however is available over the speaker phones (the SatNav, BlueTooth and DVD player all have different volume controls and this is something I like)
- Review on overall practicality (luggage room, ease of ingress/egress, cubby holes etc.)
A very practical vehicle, if you are primarily looking for frequent long distance trips and not-so-frequent offroading. I feel very safe and secure when inside it. I’m probably repeating this, but drive it like a big SUV and you will be just fine. If you are constantly going to be buckling up 6 passengers, I would suggest you go for the roof rack for luggage.

- Any niggles, problems or part replacements faced
None, touchwood.

- Quality of after-sales service (if experienced)
Again, haven’t got to experience this. The first free service is at 5K, the next at 10K and thereafter at 10K intervals.

I did go to the service station to get a wheel alignment check done when I was preparing for my first long trip. I went to the MPL Ford Service Station, Saligramam, Chennai, which is the closest to my home. The Service Manager, Mr. Ramesh, was very receptive and cordial. Though the day was in a long week/weekend full of holidays and they were fully booked, he assigned an engineer to do a road test as well as platform readings for wheel alignment.

- Cost of upkeep & maintenance
Shall update later as I have not spent anything material except for nitrogen, shampoos and cleaning cloth.

The only other “investment” I have been putting incurrently regularly, every week, is time and water! To clean the vehicle. When doing only exteriors, it takes me atleast 4 hours and about 6 buckets of water. When doing interiors and exteriors, it takes me about 6 person hours with my wife to support me for cleaning interiors and the glass work.

- Anything else you wish to add about your car
Yes!
Reading the stuff I wrote above, I kind of get a feeling that it is somewhat negative, so, I hope you are reading till this point.

This vehicle is a pleasure to drive; I don’t think anything can take this away. It is a practical vehicle, a no-frills and non-flashy type best suited for frequent long drives and occasional off-roading. There is some compromise on the ride quality front, but then I was not looking for a car-like comfort when buying an SUV at this price range. Also, we are a 3+1 family when doing any long trips almost all of the time, so this suits us just fine. You will feel very comfortable, relaxed and in-control when in the driver’s seat. I drove about 5.5 hours straight during my first long drive and I was not a bit tired and neither was the family. They spent a good amount of time being entertained by music & DVD. My kid also got to move around inside the vehicle and had a couple of sleeping options. It was a big relief for me when they said they enjoyed the ride and the thing that we were able to make the trip without any hassles.

If you’re already driving an SUV or some big size car like say, the Innova, I don’t think you will find driving this in the city a big issue. It will just take getting used to, if you are not. When driving in the city, I am more worried about someone banging into or scratching paint, so this is the only reason I dislike driving in the city. As I just said, once you get used to it, the autobox and the driver’s seat comfort will take you through any city terrain like a breeze!

If you know what you’re buying, I am pretty confident that one will not be disappointed after acquiring an Endeavour.

This vehicle ticked all boxes for me, before and after the buy. I am looking forward to many more happy miles on this beast.

From me & Rocky, with love!
Initial ownership review: Ford Endeavour 3.0L 4x4 AT-rocky-love.jpg

PS: I thought the template from the moderators for the IOR was great so used it right away. I think I have covered all points, if any member has any specific question, please shoot and I will be glad to answer!

Some more pictures:

Red-colored lamp to find ignition:
Initial ownership review: Ford Endeavour 3.0L 4x4 AT-ignition-finder.jpg

Taken during my recent trip. The terrain is actually a dried up river bed.
Initial ownership review: Ford Endeavour 3.0L 4x4 AT-road-ahead.jpg

Just for the heck of it, after washing up from the off-roading:
Initial ownership review: Ford Endeavour 3.0L 4x4 AT-post-wash.jpg

Some shots from the mild off-roading. This wasn't a real off roading trip, but something just for testing the 4WD system. I will write a short note about this trip and the lessons I learnt under the 4x4 section.

The terrain, some slush left by recent pouring rains in Chennai, Sriperumbudur area.
Initial ownership review: Ford Endeavour 3.0L 4x4 AT-terrain-pre.jpg

Initial ownership review: Ford Endeavour 3.0L 4x4 AT-terrain-post.jpg

Initial ownership review: Ford Endeavour 3.0L 4x4 AT-enter-1.jpg

Initial ownership review: Ford Endeavour 3.0L 4x4 AT-front-wheel-terrain-loss-traction.jpg

Last edited by ssh1979 : 6th September 2011 at 20:27.
ssh1979 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th September 2011, 14:19   #2
BHPian

Re: Initial ownership review: Ford Endeavour 3.0L 4x4 AT

* bump * (after moving the thread from Assembly Line forum)
Old 7th September 2011, 14:34   #3
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on buying the real beast!
You have mentioned the FE figures in miles and MPG. Is that a typo?
Old 7th September 2011, 14:42   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Congratulations on buying the real beast!
You have mentioned the FE figures in miles and MPG. Is that a typo?
Thanks Guna. It certainly is a typo; the sheet's a template downloaded from the internet and carried US symbols. I remembered to change the USD to INR but not this one
Old 7th September 2011, 14:47   #5
Senior - BHPian

That's heck of review of my most admired SUV. Enjoyed every bit of it. Congratulations for your purchase and enjoy fully of the beast.
Old 7th September 2011, 15:05   #6
Senior - BHPian

Brilliant review my friend. Highly detailed and very well written. Congrats on your new acquisition, drive safe
Old 7th September 2011, 17:52   #7
BHPian

A very detailed review . Enjoyed reading it a lot. Its really a great vehicle and the colour also looks good. Hope you will keep the thread updated.
Old 7th September 2011, 21:45   #8
Senior - BHPian

Great review ssh1979. Very insightful and crisp.

Wish you a great companionship with Rocky.

2 questions.
  1. It seems you didn't consider the Fortuner. Was the lack of AT the reason?
  2. If one wants to, can the vinyls on the front doors be removed without affecting the paint? Will FASS do it? It doesn't suit the Endeavour at all. And for that matter, I don't like any decal on any vehicle.

Last edited by deetjohn : 7th September 2011 at 22:11. Reason: Rephrasing
Old 8th September 2011, 15:43   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Great review ssh1979. Very insightful and crisp.

Wish you a great companionship with Rocky.

2 questions.
  1. It seems you didn't consider the Fortuner. Was the lack of AT the reason?
  2. If one wants to, can the vinyls on the front doors be removed without affecting the paint? Will FASS do it? It doesn't suit the Endeavour at all. And for that matter, I don't like any decal on any vehicle.
Thanks @deetjohn.
1. I did not give serious consideration to the Fortuner primarily because its looks didn't appeal to me. For me, it is too flashy, unnecessarily curved and indented for design, and appears bulky but not proportionate & handsome. The lack of AT only nailed it for me. Otherwise it is a great car: a Prado engine, full time 4WD (adds to the ABS performance), LCD, low ratios and LSD. Good ground clearance, right set of tires.
2. They can be removed; I've seen vehicles without them, though I doubt the FASS will do it. But I'm pretty sure the 3M guys at the FASS will do it. I have planned to ask for this during during one of the services.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post
A very detailed review . Enjoyed reading it a lot. Its really a great vehicle and the colour also looks good. Hope you will keep the thread updated.
Thanks @HappyRoadie! I will keep the thread updated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinj12 View Post
Brilliant review my friend. Highly detailed and very well written. Congrats on your new acquisition, drive safe
Thanks @sachinj12!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
That's heck of review of my most admired SUV. Enjoyed every bit of it. Congratulations for your purchase and enjoy fully of the beast.
Thanks @anujmishra!
Old 10th September 2011, 20:53   #10
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

ssh1979

Congrats on your purchase, it is a very nice review that you have here.

Lots of standard accessories available in shops for the Endeavour so you should stay freshly interested even a few years down the line.
Old 10th September 2011, 21:51   #11
Senior - BHPian

This is tempting indeed. The 3.0L engine with the autobox. I see not many on the road though..I like the specs & all, but the ride quality of a Pajero (I think) is way better..have driven Endys in the family, the front seats are great - but the rear seat comfort & ride is best left unsaid.

Having said that - a great VFM buy nonetheless.

Have a great time

Cheers
Old 10th September 2011, 22:15   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Lots of standard accessories available in shops for the Endeavour so you should stay freshly interested even a few years down the line.
ACM, glad that you liked the review.

And yeah, with the amount and kinds of accessories available, every anniversary of Rocky's acquisition will be interesting
Old 10th September 2011, 22:54   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
This is tempting indeed. The 3.0L engine with the autobox. I see not many on the road though..I like the specs & all, but the ride quality of a Pajero (I think) is way better..have driven Endys in the family, the front seats are great - but the rear seat comfort & ride is best left unsaid.

Having said that - a great VFM buy nonetheless.

Have a great time
Cheers
Ricky thanks! I have followed your Pajero thread, right from when the first came in and then the second

Like I said, I almost bought the Pajero, but went in for the Endeavour due to the AT. Also because I couldn't afford the Montero.

Ride quality in Pajero is definitely the better of the two.
Old 10th September 2011, 23:35   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats on a fine vehicle and a thorough & comprehensive review, ssh1979! The Endeavour is a wonderful vehicle, especially the 3 litre AT that you have. I have heard that the ride is stiff, though it doesn't appear that has posed too much of an issue for you.

I guess you modelled your report on the format suggested by the mods. You could have possibly modified the headers since a few of them are confusing. Don't take this the wrong way because it indeed a fine affair.
Old 11th September 2011, 11:24   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssh1979 View Post
Ricky thanks! I have followed your Pajero thread, right from when the first came in and then the second

Like I said, I almost bought the Pajero, but went in for the Endeavour due to the AT. Also because I couldn't afford the Montero.

Ride quality in Pajero is definitely the better of the two.

You are welcome. I agree that the Automatic is a great feature, in the Endy. I just wish the rear seating & ride quality could get sorted, then it would be even nicer..

Cheers
Closed Thread

Most Viewed