Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2011, 03:38   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Ride the wind or party hard: My VW Vento and New Ford Fiesta take each other on!

Super Duper Comparo Sratchild!!.. Awesome work there!!..

Being a strong fan of the Fiesta, I was just unable to digest the numerous complaints about bad interior quality, and thought that the inflated pricing was playing tricks. But, going through your thread, and I felt all my misconceptions vanish in thin air.

The NFF is outright CHEAP!!.. Who the heck designed that stupid armrest, with ugly hinges, that bonnet-release lever, that crappy glove compartment and this.. and that... and everything inside??!!..

Now, anyone like me, who finds it unable to digest that NFF has crappy enough interiors, to brake a deal, watch this!!..

Ride the wind or party hard: My VW Vento and New Ford Fiesta take each other on!-20-nfs-driver-footwell-light.jpg
Ride the wind or party hard: My VW Vento and New Ford Fiesta take each other on!-21-vento-driver-footwell.jpg

Sorry. Couldn't resist re-posting this. A well deserved bash for the Fiesta. The stupid car which I had my hopes on!. I hope, this all will be washed off with an elaborate TD.
dhanushs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th August 2011, 11:20   #47
BHPian

Re: Ride the wind or party hard: My VW Vento and New Ford Fiesta take each other on!

Excellent comparision! Your photos bring out the stark differences in the quality of the materials and finish between VW and Ford. I never expected so much of difference. The high cost of the Fiesta only rubs it in. The Fiesta interior doesnt look any better than the Figo and hopefully wont be plagued by the squeaks and rattles that are legion in the Figo. You should mail a link to this thread to the Ford MD Mr Michael Boneham.
Very good comparision. Awaiting the further posts on performance, ride, maintenance.

The Linea Tjet makes it case much more as a driver's car now!

Last edited by Deep Blue : 26th August 2011 at 11:34.
Old 26th August 2011, 12:33   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs

Being a strong fan of the Fiesta, I was just unable to digest the numerous complaints about bad interior quality, and thought that the inflated pricing was playing tricks. But, going through your thread, and I felt all my misconceptions vanish in thin air.

The NFF is outright CHEAP!!.. Who the heck designed that stupid armrest, with ugly hinges, that bonnet-release lever, that crappy glove compartment and this.. and that... and everything inside??!!..

Now, anyone like me, who finds it unable to digest that NFF has crappy enough interiors, to brake a deal, watch this!!..

Sorry. Couldn't resist re-posting this. A well deserved bash for the Fiesta. The stupid car which I had my hopes on!. I hope, this all will be washed off with an elaborate TD.
Really???
I always had lot of love for ford cars, but this one? I just don't have any words
Old 26th August 2011, 14:13   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post

Attachment 599695
Attachment 599696

+1 to your post.

That's why this comparison done by @Starchild is so useful. I have been to the Ford showroom & have checked out the NFS. When you are doing the TD, the crappy quality of the interiors is completely forgotten while you are swamped by the gadgets & the awesome driving experience the car provides. It's only when one owns the car, that one starts noticing the other aspects.

The Etios was so much bashed for its dull & *cheap* interiors. But atleast Toyota priced it accordingly. Ford unfortunately haven't. Pretty sure we'll be seeing a reduced price (like ANHC) or high discounts in the near future.

But I do hope Ford overcomes these negatives in the hatchback. In spite of all its negatives, it's a gorgeous car & one that is quite popular in other parts of the world.
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2011, 15:07   #50
BHPian

gosh!! Never thought that ford interiors might be so inferior in quality over vento. I drive a vento right now and planning for one more car. Was considring TD of the new fiesta but i guess looking at the quality of interiors, I have already made my mind not to.

Great review and congratulations on both your new cars.
Old 26th August 2011, 19:51   #51
BHPian

Brilliant comparo! I liked it that you were concise and let the pictures do most of the explaining!

This will come is extremely handy for someone who is choosing between these two cars. I don't think you've missed anything.

I must say that the NFS interior plastic quality is not inspiring. Actually the entire interior appears hastily put together. The USB port looks like it was an afterthought. Is it just the pictures/angle/lighting?

How the GC for both the cars?

Last edited by Tassem : 26th August 2011 at 19:53.
Old 26th August 2011, 20:36   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedreamcatcher View Post

The Vento looks like it is 2 segments higher when compared to the Ford.
+1. An otherwise ordinary to look at but well made Vento interior looks so damn rich in comparison to the Fiesta. Only saving grace is the FANTASTIC looking Fiesta steering.

Quote:
Being a strong fan of the Fiesta, I was just unable to digest the numerous complaints about bad interior quality

My non global Fiesta's interior has none of this crap. How can they afford to take a step backward? :(

My friend's Vento rear door rattles when the music is played loud in the stock ICE. So I'm no fan of the Vento's build quality. But atleast from the looks perspective it appears to be solidly built.
Old 27th August 2011, 00:16   #53
BHPian

Quote:

maybe STARCHILD can clarify - were both these pictures taken from the same angle, equal zoom? somehow I feel they are at a different zoom level and angle and hence the differences get amplified. That said, there is just no comparison between the quality of Vento and Fiesta.

One question to STARCHILD - how is the back seat width? The fiesta looks unusually narrow from back, is the backseat width comparable with the Vento? How much of a difference between the two?
Old 27th August 2011, 01:15   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 599695
Attachment 599696

Wow that image of the pedals is slap on Fords Face!!!
What on earth are they thinking? I swear the moment i saw the hinges on the armrest, i had decided against the car. I would not accept that on a 3 Lakh Ruppee car !!
Old 27th August 2011, 11:57   #55
BANNED

Thanks for that great comparison.
You just brought back Vento into my mental fight for the best sedan to buy.
I so lost hope on vento after seeing it, unable to do a test drive and more so when the ANHV was launched.
Really loved the look of the ANHV over Vento, the plain jane look of vento made me ditch it.
I was almost sold for ANHV but now I am again contemplating on how it will be to own a Vento.
The very minute i finished reading your post, I was forced to book a test drive. Let me see what it has to offer me.
It was a big decision for me to compromise both highway ride quality and back seat comfort on a ANHV.
Hope the Vento proves to be a rockstar of my complicated world too.
Old 27th August 2011, 12:22   #56
RGK
Senior - BHPian

StartChild - Great pictorial comparison. Definitely proves that Vento interiors are well ahead of NFS. The pedals, steering rod star joints and bolts exposes the poor commitment in quality by Ford. When the car is priced more than 10L, the interiors should be like inside a flight.

I feel the best part of interiors of NFS is the Audio system and its illumination.

I think Vento will outclass NFS by its sheer quality.
Old 27th August 2011, 13:42   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
+1. An otherwise ordinary to look at but well made Vento interior looks so damn rich in comparison to the Fiesta. Only saving grace is the FANTASTIC looking Fiesta steering.

My friend's Vento rear door rattles when the music is played loud in the stock ICE. So I'm no fan of the Vento's build quality. But atleast from the looks perspective it appears to be solidly built.

Kiku007, That is the only bad thing in vento's build quality. The back door panels do not fit very firmly in the car which causes it to rattle sometimes. alternatively the problem pointed out by you is because of lack of damping in the doors. Overall this car lacks damping everywhere may it be speakers or engine bay.
subodh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2011, 14:02   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
My friend's Vento rear door rattles when the music is played loud in the stock ICE. So I'm no fan of the Vento's build quality.
Quote:
Originally Posted by subodh View Post
Overall this car lacks damping everywhere may it be speakers or engine bay.
If that is indeed the case, its easily rectifiable. Unlike the Fiesta's shortcomings, which sticks out so prominently.
dhanushs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2011, 14:24   #59
BHPian

Quote:
If that is indeed the case, its easily rectifiable. Unlike the Fiesta's shortcomings, which sticks out so prominently.
I completely agree. When i went in for a change of speakers in my vento along with the HU, I got damping fitted on doors since i had installed better speakers.
Old 27th August 2011, 15:53   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Could you please clarify whether your friend's vento is the trendline or highline ? I own a highline and have not faced any rattling issues, needless to add I am a big fan of the build quality of the car . I met someone today who owns a trendline and had the HU fitted afterwards and he mentioned similar issues though it seemed that it was due to the carelessness of the guy who did the fitting. It may also be the case that I don't play the music loud enough , who knows !

Quote:
Originally Posted by subodh View Post
Kiku007, That is the only bad thing in vento's build quality. The back door panels do not fit very firmly in the car which causes it to rattle sometimes. alternatively the problem pointed out by you is because of lack of damping in the doors. Overall this car lacks damping everywhere may it be speakers or engine bay.
Subodh , seems like a one-off case regarding the back door panel. You can refer to the Vento thread , as far as I can recall no one has complained about damping in the doors and the engine bay . The TDi is a noisy unit thats recognised but damping issues in the back door or engine bay is something new that you have pointed out . Have you checked with the service centre ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks