Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2011, 15:59   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ride the wind or party hard: My VW Vento and New Ford Fiesta take each other on!

First of all I would like to apologise to Starchild for what I am about to say

At this point I finf the T-Jet to be a better proposal than the Fiesta (petrol).
Its interiors are atlest better put together than the Fiesta, though being miles behind the competetion.
Linea handles as good as Fiesta if not better and the T-Jet is a step ahead with 16" alloys and all disc brakes.
The T-Jet's engine is a stunner, The Fiesta not so much.
Looks wise I personally prefer the Linea. Specially the rear is looks like it is a car 3 segments above.
I admit the A.S.S of Fiat is never a strong point but neither it is for the Ford.
And inspite all all these advantages it is priced much much better.

If I were to choose 2 petrol cars in the segment it would be a City and a T-Jet.

I know it is crime to criticise the ride that Starchild bought with their hard earned money buy if you are looking for only petrol why not the T-Jet?
Old 27th August 2011, 16:09   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Ride the wind or party hard: My VW Vento and New Ford Fiesta take each other on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
Could you please clarify whether your friend's vento is the trendline or highline ? I own a highline and have not faced any rattling issues, needless to add I am a big fan of the build quality of the car . I met someone today who owns a trendline and had the HU fitted afterwards and he mentioned similar issues though it seemed that it was due to the carelessness of the guy who did the fitting. It may also be the case that I don't play the music loud enough , who knows !
It's a highline. Could be the case of poor fitting door pad or poor damping.
Old 29th August 2011, 11:53   #63
BHPian

Sorry for the late response, I was totally buried with work. Thanks to all of you for your compliments and appreciation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
Brilliant Comparison, Very nice and apt pictures too. Loved it overall. If possible try and include the Verna too. And it was disappointing to see that small quality issues are haunting the otherwise brilliant driver's car that the NFS is :(
Unfortunately most of the people I know, who are planning for a new car, are staying away from the ANHV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
Super Duper Comparo Sratchild!!.. Awesome work there!!..

Being a strong fan of the Fiesta, I was just unable to digest the numerous complaints about bad interior quality, and thought that the inflated pricing was playing tricks. But, going through your thread, and I felt all my misconceptions vanish in thin air.

The NFF is outright CHEAP!!.. Who the heck designed that stupid armrest, with ugly hinges, that bonnet-release lever, that crappy glove compartment and this.. and that... and everything inside??!!..

Now, anyone like me, who finds it unable to digest that NFF has crappy enough interiors, to brake a deal, watch this!!..

Attachment 599695
Attachment 599696

Sorry. Couldn't resist re-posting this. A well deserved bash for the Fiesta. The stupid car which I had my hopes on!. I hope, this all will be washed off with an elaborate TD.
Regardless of the driving experience, the interior quality does spoil your mood when you remember how much was paid for it. Especially when in the back seat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassem View Post
Brilliant comparo! I liked it that you were concise and let the pictures do most of the explaining!

This will come is extremely handy for someone who is choosing between these two cars. I don't think you've missed anything.

I must say that the NFS interior plastic quality is not inspiring. Actually the entire interior appears hastily put together. The USB port looks like it was an afterthought. Is it just the pictures/angle/lighting?

How the GC for both the cars?
Since at AUX and USB ports are exposed they are quite an eyesore. That's something no camera angle/lighting can rectify. I'm satisfied with the GC of both cars, though the Vento's mud flaps tend to foul with some pot holes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunilM View Post
maybe STARCHILD can clarify - were both these pictures taken from the same angle, equal zoom? somehow I feel they are at a different zoom level and angle and hence the differences get amplified. That said, there is just no comparison between the quality of Vento and Fiesta.

One question to STARCHILD - how is the back seat width? The fiesta looks unusually narrow from back, is the backseat width comparable with the Vento? How much of a difference between the two?
These pics are from similar angles/zoom levels.

Ride the wind or party hard: My VW Vento and New Ford Fiesta take each other on!-19-nfs-driver-footwell.jpg

Ride the wind or party hard: My VW Vento and New Ford Fiesta take each other on!-21-vento-driver-footwell.jpg

Though the fiesta seems narrower from the exterior its actually 23mm wider than the Vento. Back seat width seem about the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxyzen View Post
First of all I would like to apologise to Starchild for what I am about to say

At this point I finf the T-Jet to be a better proposal than the Fiesta (petrol).
Its interiors are atlest better put together than the Fiesta, though being miles behind the competetion.
Linea handles as good as Fiesta if not better and the T-Jet is a step ahead with 16" alloys and all disc brakes.
The T-Jet's engine is a stunner, The Fiesta not so much.
Looks wise I personally prefer the Linea. Specially the rear is looks like it is a car 3 segments above.
I admit the A.S.S of Fiat is never a strong point but neither it is for the Ford.
And inspite all all these advantages it is priced much much better.

If I were to choose 2 petrol cars in the segment it would be a City and a T-Jet.

I know it is crime to criticise the ride that Starchild bought with their hard earned money buy if you are looking for only petrol why not the T-Jet?
No apologies necessary. I also find the Linea to be a beautiful car but given the highly unreliable A.S.S. not worth the risk. Ford at least has not outsourced their sales and service to a competitor which itself is infamous for poor A.S.S. and customer care. This is a strategic blunder which may perhaps even lead to Fiat packing up in a couple of years. They have got two excellent products why not get their own dealers perhaps even a few only for the metros like Renault?
Old 29th August 2011, 12:31   #64
BHPian

An update on Ford's A.S.S.

My dad received a congratulatory email from Nigel Wark, Executive Director – Marketing, Sales & Service, Ford India Pvt Ltd, on his fiesta purchase although from the fordind.at.ford.com id on 25/8/11.

My dad replied back the same day and on 27/8/11 sent another mail complaining about the poor mileage that he was getting. In the evening, someone from Harpreet ford called up inquiring about my dad's driving habits and advised that the mileage will improve after the 1st service. Half an hour later a second person called up mentioning that the call is in response to 'his inquiry' and advised that the mileage he is getting is 'ok' for city conditions. My dad shot down his statement and cited the brochure's claimed mileage of 17+ KMPL, to which he replied that he will ask his superior to revert.
Old 29th August 2011, 13:38   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Could you please clarify whether your friend's vento is the trendline or highline ? I own a highline and have not faced any rattling issues, needless to add I am a big fan of the build quality of the car . I met someone today who owns a trendline and had the HU fitted afterwards and he mentioned similar issues though it seemed that it was due to the carelessness of the guy who did the fitting. It may also be the case that I don't play the music loud enough , who knows !

Subodh , seems like a one-off case regarding the back door panel. You can refer to the Vento thread , as far as I can recall no one has complained about damping in the doors and the engine bay . The TDi is a noisy unit thats recognised but damping issues in the back door or engine bay is something new that you have pointed out . Have you checked with the service centre ?
I had a chance of meeting one or two more bhpians who have vento. Infact noopsters vento is my cars twin and i noticed same problem in their cars as well. It does not bother or rattle at all unless you are playing loud music, which i tend to play sometimes. But none the less, there is a inconsistent gap between the door and inside panel across three ventos i have checked.

Talking about engine noise levels, the perception varies as some like the growl which comes out of engine as it makes the car feel sporty. I for one would have liked the car to be silent but I have no complains.
Old 29th August 2011, 21:44   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by STARCHILD View Post
An update on Ford's A.S.S.

My dad received a congratulatory email from Nigel Wark, Executive Director – Marketing, Sales & Service, Ford India Pvt Ltd, on his fiesta purchase although from the fordind.at.ford.com id on 25/8/11.

My dad replied back the same day and on 27/8/11 sent another mail complaining about the poor mileage that he was getting. In the evening, someone from Harpreet ford called up inquiring about my dad's driving habits and advised that the mileage will improve after the 1st service. Half an hour later a second person called up mentioning that the call is in response to 'his inquiry' and advised that the mileage he is getting is 'ok' for city conditions. My dad shot down his statement and cited the brochure's claimed mileage of 17+ KMPL, to which he replied that he will ask his superior to revert.
I think its very good on Ford's part to act so promptly and keep customers attended
And the 17.4 kmpl claimed in the ad is the official figure given by ARAI and that figure includes highway and also city driving conditions. So nobody driving purely inside the city, that too before the first service would get anything close to those figures. And come on, even after your N'th service, your inside city mileage would never be even remotely close to ARAI claims
Old 29th August 2011, 22:52   #67
BHPian

The photos really do show how well the Vento has been put together. I really wish they'd given some thought to adding some more "features" to the car and this would have been the best car in it's segment.
Old 29th August 2011, 23:46   #68
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
These pics are from similar angles/zoom levels.
I picked up these two pictures and dropped an email to Ford (write to MD email address). Got a response next day from their customer relations, thanking for the feedback, and they will work on addressing those, and will initiate all efforts to meet customer expectations.
vb-saan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th August 2011, 00:51   #69
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Got a response next day from their customer relations, thanking for the feedback, and they will work on addressing those, and will initiate all efforts to meet customer expectations.
Where as, when I posted the thread in their FB page, it was deleted in minutes. Even after a request to not delete it, and consider it as a positive criticism.
dhanushs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2011, 11:39   #70
BHPian

Quote:
I think its very good on Ford's part to act so promptly and keep customers attended
And the 17.4 kmpl claimed in the ad is the official figure given by ARAI and that figure includes highway and also city driving conditions. So nobody driving purely inside the city, that too before the first service would get anything close to those figures. And come on, even after your N'th service, your inside city mileage would never be even remotely close to ARAI claims
Agreed! The ARAI mileage is hard to attain but 10 KMPL is dismal compared to the Vento which is giving around 13! Especially considering the claims ford is making about the NFS's fuel economy. The VW claims city mileage for Vento petrol to be 15.4 KMPL and 13 is pretty close i'd say. I've noticed in many cars that the 1st service does improve the mileage, especially in maruti cars. I'm not sure why. Perhaps the ECU is tweaked or replacement of the engine oil, or the run in of the engine, rev limiter removed?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharninder View Post
The photos really do show how well the Vento has been put together. I really wish they'd given some thought to adding some more "features" to the car and this would have been the best car in it's segment.
Ford has been too focused on 'features' rather than quality as in the Vento. Just look at their TV ad. The two of the four 'real' persons in their ad are impressed with the Voice recognition, one with the auto mirrors and another with the steering. Is their nothing more to the car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
I picked up these two pictures and dropped an email to Ford (write to MD email address). Got a response next day from their customer relations, thanking for the feedback, and they will work on addressing those, and will initiate all efforts to meet customer expectations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
Where as, when I posted the thread in their FB page, it was deleted in minutes. Even after a request to not delete it, and consider it as a positive criticism.
Wow that's great! Hats off to both of you for taking the initiative. I just hope that their response to vb-san's mail is sincere especially considering their reaction to dhanushs's FB experience. Seems like they don't want public criticism, positive or negative.
Old 30th August 2011, 14:53   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ford has been too focused on 'features' rather than quality as in the Vento.
Since you have a great attention to details, look forward to your contribution / comment on the thread
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...es-quirks.html
We are sorely missing a contribution from a petrol manual owner.
I tried PM'ing you but since you are a "newbie" , the system does not allow the same .
cheers
Old 31st August 2011, 11:39   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Since you have a great attention to details, look forward to your contribution / comment on the thread
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...es-quirks.html
We are sorely missing a contribution from a petrol manual owner.
I tried PM'ing you but since you are a "newbie" , the system does not allow the same .
cheers
Sure sourav! I've already made a draft and will be posting some of my observations to your thread soon.

Ah! And with this post the heavens opened and the child became a man!
I'M NO LONGER A NEWBIE .
Old 31st August 2011, 12:34   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sure sourav! I've already made a draft and will be posting some of my observations to your thread soon.

Ah! And with this post the heavens opened and the child became a man!
I'M NO LONGER A NEWBIE .
Congrats !! BTW , hope you have noticed that you have 26 posts and 60 thanks , which is fantastic - showcases how much of a difference you have made to the knowledge of so many people . Keep it up
Old 31st August 2011, 17:07   #74
BHPian

At the very least, Ford should drop the blue tint in dashboard plastics. Gray & Black interiors are fine, but Blueish Gray only accentuates the quality of plastic (rather, the lack of it) they are using.

Thanks StarChild for just laying the truths (photos) bare.
Old 1st September 2011, 21:15   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Currently, the fuel computer indicates that I am using ~12.3 lit / 100km, which works out to 8.13 kmpl. My Ikon used to give 8.75 - 9.5 kmpl . During delivery, the lit / 100km reading was north of 16 and has been making its way down to12.3 now... So, hopefully, I think it would improve. If I get it below 10, it should be good I guess. I have not done the calculation using the full tank, km run method yet. Will post in the actuals once I fill up again.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks