Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2011, 22:52   #31
BHPian

Re: Sweetest Chocolate of my life - Ritz VDi Bakers Chocolate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKled View Post
Congrats and welcome to the Ritz Vdi club. After using mine for around 3 months and 4k kms later, I am very pleased with my decision to buy a Ritz instead of the Figo or the Punto.
Can you please confirm if your Ritz makes a Khat sound when descending speed breakers at any speeds faster than crawling speeds. I am told its due to a limited play of the shocks but I am not really convinced.
yes your right, with 2 people or 4 people on board, when i'm crossing speed breakers, a very light sound is heard. One or twice i'm moved on the side of the road to check incase the underbody or the car is scartched or something, i got the car lifted up as well at 3M car care. No damage whats so ever.

I am not sure which part of the underbody is lightly scrapping. yes it could be the limited travel of the coil springs, cant we tamper the coil spring settings? but yes if we make the coil spring play more we will loose on the awesome handling which the tall boy has, with 185/70 R14 this car doesnt make you feel like its a tall boy on the road in fast corners
Old 28th August 2011, 14:10   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats and welcome to the Ritz Vdi club. After using mine for around 3 months and 4k kms later, I am very pleased with my decision to buy a Ritz instead of the Figo or the Punto.
Can you please confirm if your Ritz makes a Khat sound when descending speed breakers at any speeds faster than crawling speeds. I am told its due to a limited play of the shocks but I am not really convinced.
Do you still have this problem? I too have the ritz now, will keep note to check this out.
Old 28th August 2011, 18:40   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diogo View Post
Do you still have this problem? I too have the ritz now, will keep note to check this out.
Yes its still there and by the looks of it will always be there. Its probably not a problem but will surely have it checked out at next service. Are you facing this problem too?

Has anybody who owns a Ritz spoken to Maruti about it?
Old 28th August 2011, 21:17   #34
BHPian

Hi, i'm sure that the underbody of the car is not touching, its just a very light sound which comes from the coil spring. with 2 people on board i never get this light sound, only with 5 people on board and when it cross a speed breaker, yes the light khat sound is heard.

But it is no where close to the issue what folks face on the figo with 5 people on board and underbody scrapping royaly.
Old 29th August 2011, 01:19   #35
BHPian

The car looks fantastic. I like the rubber upgrade that you have done. Happy miles.

OT-Where has these pictures been taken in Bangalore
rki2007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2011, 20:25   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
The car looks fantastic. I like the rubber upgrade that you have done. Happy miles.

OT-Where has these pictures been taken in Bangalore
Thanks

Mixture of areas to be honest, first few pics in Sanjaynagar, few pics where you see empty plots all around is a developing area called Vishweshwaraya layout (VW Layout of Bangalore ) i had gone there to check out my plot, just randomly captured some pictures
Old 30th August 2011, 20:48   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCORPION View Post
Thanks for the advice. My Scorpio came with Bridestones (235/70) and they lasted for over 65000 kms without a problem. It still had some juice left but I didnt want to push it since they were over 5 years old. I now have Pirelli Scorpion (255/65) and am very happy with the performance, except for the awful tyre noise that they make. I have been looking for Pirellis in the 185/70 size but all the ones I found are over 3 years old, still in their wrappers. Anyway, I have not really started an earnest tyre hunt. What Yokos have you got? C-Drives?
Hi,

I brought the A drives. they are good, good grip and good ride comfort.

The big plus is not many stones get stuck in between tyre threads

So have you got your Ritz? and Pirelli on a hatch back may not be worth!
Old 30th August 2011, 22:08   #38
BHPian

Mate, sorry for joining the party so late.Hope some leftovers are still available

May I congratulate you for the new car.

Very nice write up. And my favourite colour for the Ritz.

Could you notice considerable improvement in the rear seat comfort after the tyre upgrade? You have given it 7/10.

Why did you not opt for a double DIN music system? The gap looks awkward.

Enjoy the car and drive safe.

Cheers,charthom.
charthom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2011, 22:47   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post
Mate, sorry for joining the party so late.Hope some leftovers are still available

May I congratulate you for the new car.

Very nice write up. And my favourite colour for the Ritz.

Could you notice considerable improvement in the rear seat comfort after the tyre upgrade? You have given it 7/10.

Why did you not opt for a double DIN music system? The gap looks awkward.

Enjoy the car and drive safe.

Cheers,charthom.
Thanks mate, party is still on

Frankly i've sat on the rear seat only twice till date. Hopefully i'll sit on the rear seat more within the next 15 days to give you the clear honest picture.

What i hear from the rear seat passengers is that it is very comfortable, they sit on a higher position, thus legs have ample amount of space and they get a good view from the front windsheild and rear windows are big too. Apart from that they get a feeling of sitting in a big car.

One thing is noticed is that, over 120 speeds if you do a sudden lane change, the car does respond quite well if the tyres are upgraded, but the rear seat passengers feel the G forces to some extent, my cousin sister moved from the corner of the seat till the middle in a flash of a second, partly because the seats still have the plastic covers on them so it is slippery and she was not wearing her seat belt.

I had already brought this Pioneer player 7 months ago when i was unsure if i will buy a new car or not, so i had brought this Pioneer HU for my old car as an upgrade, now i didnt want to waste it, thus i'm using it for now. It is a great Headunit. Plus the gap below the 1 din player is very important to keep my I Pod, else i have to keep the I Pod in the lowest shelf and wire &ipod keeps falling off every now and then.

May be sometime in future when some Vitamin M increases, i might think of upgrading to alloys and 2 din head unit with a memory card option.

Last edited by Crazy4.Cars : 30th August 2011 at 22:52.
Old 7th September 2011, 21:16   #40
BHPian

First Service update

The baby Elephant clocked 1034km in the first 3weeks within the city. No highway drives yet.

Hunted a lot for Mobil Delvac MX in Bangalore West, Didnt find any OIL dealer having Mobil in stock.
Picked up Shell Helix HX6 Diesel API CH4 for 800 rs- 4 litres.

Got the Oil Changed, i requested the M A S S to remove the oil filter out and drain out all the old oil, re fitted the same Oil filter because the life of each OIL filter is about 10k Km as per M A S S, i did not want to waste a new Oil Filter.

No problems with the car until now, no rattles, no minor issues too.

Happy i picked up the car at the right time, else i would have paid 15k more because of car price hike.

After the OIL change, the engine has become very quiet, Cold engine running is very quiet now, engine clatter is heard only post 2500 RPM.

Still Running the Car on my 2nd Tank Full. I think it is well over 18Km/litre FE, i'll get to know the exact figure once i refuel my tank in the next 5days.

Cheers.

Last edited by Crazy4.Cars : 7th September 2011 at 21:18.
Crazy4.Cars is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2011, 12:48   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diogo View Post
Quote:
Yes its still there and by the looks of it will always be there. Its probably not a problem but will surely have it checked out at next service. Are you facing this problem too?

Has anybody who owns a Ritz spoken to Maruti about it?
Hi Sparkled,

Even i am facing this issue now big time. The Coil Springs are making Khud noise when i cross speed breakers.

i'm keeping tyre pressure 36 in front and 33 rear, if we reduce this tyre pressure things could improve but we'll loose on FE.

Have you had a chance to get this issue checked? i am planning to write an email to maruti, by car is just 1 month old and i can not expect this from MSIL.
Old 19th September 2011, 15:08   #42
Senior - BHPian

First of congratulations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4.Cars View Post
Cold engine running is very quiet now, engine clatter is heard only post 2500 RPM.
Weird, for me it is the other way around. IDLE clutter is present, but post turbo, the engine becomes less vocal.

Did you research before going for A drives?
Old 19th September 2011, 15:13   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
First of congratulations.

Weird, for me it is the other way around. IDLE clutter is present, but post turbo, the engine becomes less vocal.

Did you research before going for A drives?
Thanks

which engine oil are you using, the Clutter noise has reduced for me post the change to Shell Helix Hx6.

Yes i did a lot of research before picking up the A drive. my choices were Bridgestone turanza, michelin and Yoko A drive. Went for the A drive for the VFM factor.
Old 19th September 2011, 15:19   #44
Senior - BHPian

I am running on mineral oil, not synthetic. But that should not really effect the noise. the engine clatter has to die down post turbo.

mine is close to 18k on the odo. so everything is expected, including the higher engine noise.

what i meant to say is, in DDIS, the idle engine noise is more than when the turbo is spooled up. The noise at 700-1000 rpm is more than the engine noise at 2000rpm. hope you got my point.

Last edited by govigov : 19th September 2011 at 15:32.
Old 19th September 2011, 15:48   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
I am running on mineral oil, not synthetic. But that should not really effect the noise. the engine clatter has to die down post turbo.

mine is close to 18k on the odo. so everything is expected, including the higher engine noise.

what i meant to say is, in DDIS, the idle engine noise is more than when the turbo is spooled up. The noise at 700-1000 rpm is more than the engine noise at 2000rpm. hope you got my point.
Try Mineral oil like Shell Helix Hx6 or Mobil Delvac MX Oil, you'll find the difference in the clutter noise. if you use synthetic oil thats even better.

Since you have completed 18k on the ODO, can you confirm if your ritz makes khat khat sound when you cross the speed breakers more than 10Km/Hr speed.

We have been told its because of the Limited travel of the Coil springs fitted on the Ritz.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks