Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th December 2011, 10:46   #76
BHPian

Re: Sweetest Chocolate of my life - Ritz VDi Bakers Chocolate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
Got the rubber mud flaps from Relience Autozone for 110 Rs .
Its priced @ Rs 185, but they gave around Rs 75 off .

Got only the front ones fitted @ pratham motors.

Hope that these will help to keep the car abit cleaner.

Cheers
Dam good is the rubber thick enough?
How much do you think is the cost of the Mud Guards kind of stuff that you had on the car earlier?
Old 25th December 2011, 23:34   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4.Cars View Post
Dam good is the rubber thick enough?
How much do you think is the cost of the Mud Guards kind of stuff that you had on the car earlier?
Yup,they are the same one that you have on your car. The MGA one was rs 260 if im not wrong.
Cheers
Old 9th February 2012, 23:34   #78
BHPian

Hey folks,

Its been a long time i updated the ownership thread.

I finally got sometime to click some snaps of the Art leather seat covers that i got Custom made for the baby elephant, sorry about the image quality, its because of the sunlight Glare

Jet Black it is, because its simple and elegant, i personally do not prefer the mix match job.

Cheers

Sweetest Chocolate of my life - Ritz VDi Bakers Chocolate-dsc009501.gif

Sweetest Chocolate of my life - Ritz VDi Bakers Chocolate-dsc009512.gif

Sweetest Chocolate of my life - Ritz VDi Bakers Chocolate-dsc009523.gif

Sweetest Chocolate of my life - Ritz VDi Bakers Chocolate-dsc009554.gif

2nd Service Update
5000KM

Informed M.A.S.S about the khat khat noise from the suspension, which comes if i cross a speed breaker above the speed of 10km/hr.

They acknowledged the issue after 2 test drives, they lifted the car up, checked all the suspension arms, tighten a couple of bolts near the struts , they took me for a short test drive, the noise was reduced a lot, it was extermely less, they told the strut is exteremly stiff on the Ritz and the Swift, slight noise will come. The service guy also sprayed some kid of Spray on the coil spring and the strut.

I have driven the car for 1200km after service now, guess what, the Khat Khat is back when i cross speed breakers, i'm thinking of taking the car back to M.A.S.S else i'll write an email to MSIL.

Like i've mentioned before in the thread, i was getting a very good FE of 17-19Km/litre within the city even before i crossed the 3k Km mark, but now í have some bad news, i tanked up the baby elephant one morning and left for a long trip of about 700 Km to OOTY from Banglore with 4 people on board and the boot loaded full.

I agree i was pushing the car a lot, 120km plus sometimes and constantly between 90-110. Also the Ghat section was very steep, 36 hairpin Bends in 1st or 2nd gear.

I was expecting atleast a 2km/litre increase in FE than my usual city FE, guess what, i still managed to achieve only 18.5KM/litre.

But, thats not something that i'm really worried about, the handling was good, the car was stable at high speeds and with wider tyres it is planted on the roads, ofcourse its not like a New Fiesta in the handling department, but its not bad, i do not think at this point my heart is asking for more fun on the highways.

Ride Quality was okay too, the rear seat occupants didnt complain much, everybody felt it is more comfortable to Cruze at 100km/hr rather than Rip at 120km/hr plus speeds.

Cheers
Drive Safe.

@Mods, could you please rename the thread title to Sweetest Chocolate of my life-Ritz VDi Bakers Chocolate -5000km 2nd Service Update.

Last edited by Crazy4.Cars : 9th February 2012 at 23:55.
Crazy4.Cars is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2012, 02:01   #79
Senior - BHPian

Neat! good choice on seat covers.

And read up on the ambi pur thread.

here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...e-harmful.html

look at post#111
Old 15th May 2012, 23:11   #80
BHPian

Third Service update

ODO- 10900.

F.E has improved a lot, 19.5 to 20 Km per litre within the city. Pushing the car always where ever i find a empty road.

Switched from Shell Helix H6 Diesel to Mobil Delvac MX Engine oil.

Changed Oil filter and Air filter during the service.

Went to 3M, got the under Chasis coating top up done since rainy season is on the cards now.

Tyre Rotations done for all the 4 tyres, Alignment and balancing done.

BIG News, the only problem with my ritz was the khat khat noise which was sorted for sometime by MASS after the 2nd service but it came up again.. this time during the 3rd service is was very rude to them saying my problem is not sorted and i need a solution to it or i escalte to MSIL.

They called up somebody at Maruti Suzuki India, lifted my car up, removed all the Engine craddle supports bolts and other bolts, put a lot of Petroleum gelly inside and used machines to fit the bolts back in tightly. They basically checked the engine craddle position below and ensured the fittement is tight and perfect.

They did some lubrication to the shocks and checked them properly.

GUESS WHAT, I've driven the car for 100 KM now.. Zero Noise whats so ever. the Khat KHAT noise when i cross speed breakers is gone. I am still not convinced the problem is solved untill the car doesnt cross 2000km without the sound coming back again.

@Mods, could you please rename the thread title to Sweetest Chocolate of my life-Ritz VDi Bakers Chocolate -10000km 3rd Service Update.

Last edited by Crazy4.Cars : 15th May 2012 at 23:13.
Crazy4.Cars is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2012, 15:19   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4.Cars View Post
Third Service update

ODO- 10900.

F.E has improved a lot, 19.5 to 20 Km per litre within the city. Pushing the car always where ever i find a empty road.

.[/b]
I have still not crossed 16km/ltr in the city! which part of the city do you drive? I take intermediate ring road to C V Raman nagar.

Would like to know how I can improve the effeciency.
Old 21st May 2012, 21:34   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diogo View Post
I have still not crossed 16km/ltr in the city! which part of the city do you drive? I take intermediate ring road to C V Raman nagar.

Would like to know how I can improve the effeciency.
Ring road too, Nagarbhavi to nagavara - hebbal. 43 Km up and down daily, evening time is normally pity crowded and i can never cross 50 speed.

To add on i have 185/70 R14 yoko tyres. Wider tyres.

Nothing Great, I shift before 2000Rpm upto 3rd gear, post 3rd gear I shift at 2500Rpm.

Drive safe.
Old 21st May 2012, 22:44   #83
BHPian

seats,
It is very nice. I appreciate. it

noise,

This is crap. Not acceptable. If it is so, the noise should have been there from the time you took delivery of the car.

i still managed to achieve only 18.5KM/litre.[quote]

aren't you being greedy here

[quote]ofcourse its not like a New Fiesta in the handling department, but its not bad[quote]

still greedy!!

please avoid discussing speeds. It is not good.

I would like to inform you that i have just taken delivery of VDI. Having driven only petrols all these years, i felt it is quite addictive to drive this car. Great vehicle.

Last edited by nandans2005 : 21st May 2012 at 22:48.
nandans2005 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks