Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th November 2013, 18:50   #271
BHPian

re: Tata Manza: The story ends @ 45,000 kms

Hey Motomaverick,

Have been following your story on the Manza for sometime.. Got my Black beauty in May 2013 and just completed 10000Kms.. She has taken us to Goa, Mookambika and a couple of trips to Pune and Nasik in this time.

I can say complete proud and happy with the purchase and Black Beauty is class apart.. in my last trip to nasik it gave a surprising 24.3Km/l.. Not sure of the kind of average you have got but that's the best i have got as yet and yes.. the drive quality is awesome.. Club class is truly Club Class.

Keep travelling!

Regards & Best Wishes
Shashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Hey thanks for sharing your ownership here. So you bought just before the Club class came out? Because I heard that club class has a few other changes. The top of the line is really good. Well it sure is a tough car because I am still running it these days after the Leh trip without a service but just fluid top ups done and believe me no niggles absolutely.

Yeah, actually Bhutan is on the radar but contemplating whether to subject the sedan to another round of abuse or get an SUV
Old 11th November 2013, 10:07   #272
Senior - BHPian

Update - 10th Nov 2013

Finally found some time to get the alloys refixed onto the car. They were taken off for the Leh trip to save them from the harsh roads up there. After removing the OEM steel rims I could see 3 of them having bends towards the inner side. One of the tyre now has a side wall leak so its out of service.

Time to start researching for new tires, all 5 of them. Any pointers will be welcome. I am on a budget so looking for cheaper but long lasting tires.

Further, despite not servicing the vehicle after the trip, the mileage has been phenomenal. Yesterday's drive to and fro from the airport gave a MID indicated 22kpl mileage. Driving was normal and not intentional to extract mileage. Total distance covered 107kms.

Last edited by motomaverick : 11th November 2013 at 10:11.
Old 11th November 2013, 10:50   #273
BHPian

Quote:
Update - 10th Nov 2013

Finally found some time to get the alloys refixed onto the car. They were taken off for the Leh trip to save them from the harsh roads up there. After removing the OEM steel rims I could see 3 of them having bends towards the inner side. One of the tyre now has a side wall leak so its out of service.

Time to start researching for new tires, all 5 of them. Any pointers will be welcome. I am on a budget so looking for cheaper but long lasting tires.

Further, despite not servicing the vehicle after the trip, the mileage has been phenomenal. Yesterday's drive to and fro from the airport gave a MID indicated 22kpl mileage. Driving was normal and not intentional to extract mileage. Total distance covered 107kms.
Hi motomaverick, I have been running on Yokohama C drives 195-60-15(rs 5250/-) since last 14k in my total run of 32k so far. The magic Carpet Ride is well worth the penny. In slightly lower cost mrf zlo(rs4700/-approx) is also supposed to be good. I would definitely recommend going for 195 -60-15 as this has more rubber on the sidewall and hence increases the cushions to absorb sharp bumps.

Also the mileage you mention is too good. Somehow I am not able to extract the same in Mumbai even on highway runs. The Max I can get (that too with much less aggressive pedalling) is around 17.5 to 19.5 Is that ok? Do I have something to check ?

Also at 32k I now notice the refinement levels are not the same as it was when my manza was new and engine 'grrrr' noise in the cabin has increased. Can you suggest why is it so? Do you also feel the same way about the overall refinement levels inside on your 40k run manza?
Last service at 30k they have put the cheaper petronas oil (rs1700 for 3.2 litres instead of regular fully synthetic one Mobil one app r ox rs3600/-)

Also 1 niggle which I have been living with last 6 months is that there is a strong rattle from rare side exterior of the car at speeds 130+ kmphs. Have to invest time and get things sorted out at Tass. Any pointers on this? I have lip type spoiler installed on my boot. Is that rattling at those speeds due to the strong air draft?
Physically it seems to pasted alright to the boot but slight pasting has given away and can be made out when one tries to uproot the spoiler.

Last edited by madhu33 : 11th November 2013 at 11:18.
Old 11th November 2013, 11:16   #274
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhu33 View Post
Hi motomaverick, I have been running on Yokohama C drives 195-60-15(rs 5250/-) since last 14k in my total run of 32k so far. The magic Carpet Ride is well worth the penny. In slightly lower cost mrf zlo(rs4700/-approx) is also supposed to be good. I would definitely recommend going for 195 -60-15 as this has more rubber on the sidewall and hence increases the cushions to absorb sharp bumps.

Also the mileage you mention is too good. Somehow I am not able to extract the same in Mumbai even on highway runs. The Max I can get (that too with much less aggressive pedalling) is around 17.5 to 18 5 . Is that ok? Do I have something to check ?

Also at 32k I now notice the refinement levels are not the same as it was when my manza was new and engine 'grrrr' noise in the cabin has increased. Can you suggest why is it so? Do you also feel the same way about the overall refinement levels inside on your 40k run manza?
Last service at 30k they have put the cheaper petronas oil (rs1700 for 3.2 litres instead of regular fully synthetic one Mobil one app r ox rs3600/-)

Also 1 niggle which I have been living with last 6 months is that there is a strong rattle from rare side exterior of the car at speeds 130+ kmphs. Have to invest time and get things sorted out at Tass. Any pointers on this? I have lip type spoiler installed on my boot. Is that rattling at those speeds due to the strong air draft?
Physically it seems to pasted alright to the boot but slight pasting has given away and can be made out when one tries to uproot the spoiler.
Well I was looking at spending not more than 15k for 4 tires, reason being, I might be selling off the car in another year or so plus I have found that entry level tires such as BS B250 are pretty good. I am not so particular about road noise but would want good wet & dry weather braking. I was checking out Kenda which apparently has pretty good reviews in Team-bhp.

As for the mileage, I have always gotten more than 17-18 when on the highways. I usually drive in higher gears when coasting in the city, a practice which I developed from a few months back, probably that's the reason I am able to get more. Plus, I always try and keep the air filter clean.

Yes, the engine is a bit harsh after they filled the cheap oil at 30k service. I am planning to change it to Mobil Delvac 1 which I have left over from the trip.

Well thankfully I have no new rattles in the car but the ones which were there since the beginning .
motomaverick is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th January 2014, 14:41   #275
BHPian

Hi motomaverick . Long time no update . hence thought of checking on the most popular Manza on teambhp.
Old 15th January 2014, 10:27   #276
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhu33 View Post
Hi motomaverick . Long time no update . hence thought of checking on the most popular Manza on teambhp.
Yeah, been busy with family and work so not much update. Also, have not worked on the car on anything new.

Still searching for tires.
motomaverick is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2014, 22:07   #277
BHPian

Quote:
Yeah, actually Bhutan is on the radar but contemplating whether to subject the sedan to another round of abuse or get an SUV
Roads in Bhutan should be a pleasure for you. They are very well maintained and you would love it. I have also driven my Manza in all sorts of terrains in North bengal in mountains, forests, slush, boulder and where not, but this car has some meat. Soaked in everything. Beauty of a car by tata.

Late post on this Hirak, but nevermind
A.G.The Rambler is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th May 2014, 10:57   #278
Senior - BHPian

Update:

The car is up for sale in Our Classifieds. Yes I know its shocking news but family priorities have changed and it demanded this necessary though reluctant sale. Anyone who is in Bangalore and wants to buy this vehicle can check the listing.
Old 25th June 2014, 14:34   #279

Quote:
Update:

The car is up for sale in Our Classifieds. Yes I know its shocking news but family priorities have changed and it demanded this necessary though reluctant sale. Anyone who is in Bangalore and wants to buy this vehicle can check the listing.

Hi Motomaverick, your car was much celebrated not just by you all the followers of this thread. your notes, tips and reports have helped and encourages a lot of Manza owners and those too who wanted to be.
Please spare some time and write your adieu notes. Also, if you could share on how was your experience with resale value of the car.

Regards

PS: BTW..I am sure folks are curious to know, who will be the next in stable.
Old 25th June 2014, 14:45   #280
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanatlarj View Post

PS: BTW..I am sure folks are curious to know, who will be the next in stable.
Thanks Vanatlarj, it was truely a marvel from Tata stables. Let me pen down the closing update to this thread. I am penning down the initial ownership of the Grand i10 AT which has replaced the Manza, it should be published soon.

Tata Manza :: Story Ends
The smiley grill will look in your face and urge you to hug it but one look at those sharp twin barrel eyes and you will realize this is a sleeping giant. We just loved our Manza so much that we also had a name ranging from Toothless to White Whale. But whatever you call it, it did serve our purpose really well all these years. It has taken to places even the Manza engineers could not have imagined while making this car, it was also the car which got home our first child in sofa like environment through its soft suspensions. Even till the last few drives she used to doze off in the car. So with so many memories its been a very sad moment to let the whale go. Let me see if I can write a small story here.

The Story Begins after a few initial hiccups

The first trip of the Manza which takes us to Goa along with my parents who were later sold out on the car

Got it self new voice

It took us to Mysore during the new years eve

Had a brain surgery to get it remapped to 120 horses, now the whale actualy flies instead of swim

A quick fire lunch run to Yercaud

It then took us to and back on the mother of all trips to LADAKH. An 8000 kms trip without a hitch

In the interim it has taken us to Ooty around 3 times and Coonoor 1 time.

So its bidding farewell to the Whale or Workhorse. Signing off with two pictures that will show the life with Manza.

Crossing waterways onwards to Pangong
Tata Manza: The story ends @ 45,000 kms-tata-manza-white-whale18.jpg

The ever smiling front grill
Tata Manza: The story ends @ 45,000 kms-tata-manza-white-whale21.jpg
motomaverick is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 27th June 2014, 09:18   #281
BHPian

Re: Tata Manza: The story ends @ 45,000 kms

Hey

It was a surprise to read this news. I had followed your Leh trip and then from that the ownership thread.

Its never easy to let go of something that has gone through tough terrain with you. Not easy to hand the keys over to someone. I am going through the same motions with my Opel Corsa Sail. 13 years and don't want to let go. But I know it will be better taken care of by someone else.

The more days one spends inside a car the more one likes it (normally). The kind of mileage you have done is not all that high but one can understand that family priorities change and one has to move on. Your's has been a popular thread. Safe travel with you new stead of choice. Its a great car. We have booked the Xcent AT.

I read this some where

In small things we just beauty see
and
In short measures life may perfect be

Hopefully summarizes your journey with the car.

Cheers
Rajain

Last edited by Rajain : 27th June 2014 at 09:19. Reason: typo
Old 27th June 2014, 13:24   #282
BHPian

Hope you have an equally good time with your new car!

We will miss your Manza adventures!

Looks like I will have to fill up your mighty shoes.

Take Care! God Bless! Drive Safe, Be Safe!
Old 27th June 2014, 16:52   #283
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajain View Post

I read this some where

In small things we just beauty see
and
In short measures life may perfect be

Hopefully summarizes your journey with the car.

Cheers
Rajain
Very aptly put, infact after handing over the keys I did not even look behind, if I did I might have taken the keys back Its truly the best product from Tata till date marred by their own lackadaisical attitude.

We also have moved on to Hyundai, got a Grand i10 AT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashi63 View Post
Hope you have an equally good time with your new car!

We will miss your Manza adventures!

Looks like I will have to fill up your mighty shoes.

Take Care! God Bless! Drive Safe, Be Safe!
Eager to read your adventures with the elephant its the best car to drive in the city and highway if someone is constraint by budget, hope the Zest will be a major hit.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks