Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2011, 15:55   #46
Senior - BHPian

re: Tata Manza:: The Story Continues:: 20,000 kms Update

White Manza looks class apart. Sure you and your family will enjoy the 30x40 site inside the car :-).

Time for some pictures
Old 13th September 2011, 16:27   #47
BHPian

Congratulations. Is this trim with ABS/Airbags?
Old 14th September 2011, 09:43   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
White Manza looks class apart. Sure you and your family will enjoy the 30x40 site inside the car :-).

Time for some pictures
Thanks latheesh, yeah you can always equate the space to a 30x40 site, so i can say i bought a 30x40 site for 7.6 lakhs thats dirt cheap in Blore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinayak View Post
Congratulations. Is this trim with ABS/Airbags?
This is the Aura, without ABS, from 2 days of driving and clocking 100kms i can say that i find the normal brakes quite good. I was going through the manual and they have twin parallel master cylinder in tandem with hydraulic assist as a fail safe. I guess its the same with all the cars but i thought i would post it here
Old 14th September 2011, 10:15   #49
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations motomaverick!!
So finally you got your Manza. Glad that everybody is happy with the decision .
Now I am waiting to see your car pics here. Please do post some photos here!!!
Hope it serves you well.
And I am happy that people from Tata are following TBHP.

Edit: Glad to see that your avatar pic has changed.

Last edited by Fordmanchau : 14th September 2011 at 10:22.
Old 14th September 2011, 10:18   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
Congratulations motomaverick!!
So finally you got your Manza. Glad that everybody is happy with the decision .
Now I am waiting to see your car pics here. Please do post some photos here!!!
Hope it serves you well.
And I am happy that people from Tata are following TBHP.
Not just Tata i think every manufacturer worth his salt would follow Tbhp because of the network that this forum has established. I was surprised that people in such high positions are browsing these forums.

Update:: Here are a few pictures from the day of the delivery

Pic1: Me & wife along with our Hachi
Pic2: Taking the keys from the Sr. Mgr Prerana Motors (They usually dont give but that day was an exception for all )
Pic3: Preparing for a small pooja before driving out with mother in law
Pic4: Broke that nariyal in one go (Auspicious )
Pic5: The imposing front looks
Pic6: It was raining cats & dogs for an hr that day, in the temple
Pic7: Finally resting for the day!!
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Manza: The story ends @ 45,000 kms-img_3621.jpg  

Tata Manza: The story ends @ 45,000 kms-img_3622.jpg  

Tata Manza: The story ends @ 45,000 kms-img_3624.jpg  

Tata Manza: The story ends @ 45,000 kms-img_3626.jpg  

Tata Manza: The story ends @ 45,000 kms-img_3628.jpg  

Tata Manza: The story ends @ 45,000 kms-img_3633.jpg  

Tata Manza: The story ends @ 45,000 kms-img_3635.jpg  

Last edited by motomaverick : 14th September 2011 at 10:37.
motomaverick is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2011, 11:44   #51
BHPian

Nothing in particular or as major concerns. But, I had a few of them which got sorted out now.
Will update my thread soon. Need to update the last part of the ownership experience review - the second service. Not able to find enough time in a single stretch.

Anyways, I would like to share them with you in brief as below.

1. 'Tik tik' sound from C pillar RH. Got it rectified in the second Service.
2. 'Phirrrrr' noise from front Shocks while approaching a speed breaker at speeds of 20kmph. Got the mounting bushes of front struts lubricaed in first service and replaced in Second service as the noise re appeared. FOC.
3. Front RH glass pane was making 'kat' noise, at the last Half inch, while closing. Got the winding support tightned and corrected in the 1st Service.
4. Had some slight right pulling in the first 1K Kms which disappeared after wheel rotation and didn't come back again after second service.

I am getting a F.E of an 18kmpl Avg with 70% city driving of which 50% is with A.C.

Happy Manza'ing !
Old 14th September 2011, 12:02   #52
Senior - BHPian

Great pics. This colour suits the Manza well. Good choice!

Ps. Another bit of info I thought is worth sharing. My colleague said that if Tata doesn't do a decent job at servicing, give em all 7s in the ratings and a 5 in the one you actually want them to work on. They'll be extra attentive during the next service for sure! Seems to work for him, so thought of sharing.
Old 14th September 2011, 13:13   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post
Great pics. This colour suits the Manza well. Good choice!

Ps. Another bit of info I thought is worth sharing. My colleague said that if Tata doesn't do a decent job at servicing, give em all 7s in the ratings and a 5 in the one you actually want them to work on. They'll be extra attentive during the next service for sure! Seems to work for him, so thought of sharing.
Thanks for the info but i think now i have a few channels to use
Old 14th September 2011, 13:47   #54
BHPian

Congrats motomaverick! Nice Pictures. Manza looks splendid in white.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post

My regular TATA ASC requests for a satisfactory report from customers after the rework, for ratings 7 and below. I was told that they need to forward the report to TATA. Even I had given a satisfactory report after rework, when a rating of 7 given for an earlier work done.
Old 14th September 2011, 15:12   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick79 View Post
Nothing in particular or as major concerns. But, I had a few of them which got sorted out now.
Will update my thread soon. Need to update the last part of the ownership experience review - the second service. Not able to find enough time in a single stretch.

Anyways, I would like to share them with you in brief as below.

1. 'Tik tik' sound from C pillar RH. Got it rectified in the second Service.
2. 'Phirrrrr' noise from front Shocks while approaching a speed breaker at speeds of 20kmph. Got the mounting bushes of front struts lubricaed in first service and replaced in Second service as the noise re appeared. FOC.
3. Front RH glass pane was making 'kat' noise, at the last Half inch, while closing. Got the winding support tightned and corrected in the 1st Service.
4. Had some slight right pulling in the first 1K Kms which disappeared after wheel rotation and didn't come back again after second service.

I am getting a F.E of an 18kmpl Avg with 70% city driving of which 50% is with A.C.

Happy Manza'ing !
Ok i guess these are small niggles. But 18kmpl avg with 70% city driving? thats really good, was that seen after the first service? I just checked the manual but the first service does not encompass much that these folks do but just a small check with everything or do they alter any setting since even the engine oil isnt changed.
Old 15th September 2011, 12:25   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Ok i guess these are small niggles. But 18kmpl avg with 70% city driving? thats really good, was that seen after the first service? I just checked the manual but the first service does not encompass much that these folks do but just a small check with everything or do they alter any setting since even the engine oil isnt changed.
I could achieve this mileage by not revving up the engine much. I play with the clutch itself, most of the times.
I hardly need much acceleration in the first gear. Little more in the second gear. The gear shift RPM is 2k.
Keeping an eye on the Taco and the Instantaneous Fuel consumption on the DIS, you be able to get a better understanding and control to get the optimum of torque, speed and mileage mix, when ever needed.
I get enough torque for over taking too, in the 3rd gear itself. In fact, I feel it as automatic in this shift, while I drive in the the speeds ranging between 20 -60 kmph.
Will soon post my review with the fuel filling details also.

Now coming to the first service experience, Yes. they hardly check as per the manual. They enquire you and solve only those problems which are mentioned by you first and then perform the regular checks.

Feel free to revert for any kind of further clarifications. You can PM me.

regards,
Maverick79.
Old 15th September 2011, 13:47   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick79 View Post
I could achieve this mileage by not revving up the engine much. I play with the clutch itself, most of the times.
I hardly need much acceleration in the first gear. Little more in the second gear. The gear shift RPM is 2k.
Keeping an eye on the Taco and the Instantaneous Fuel consumption on the DIS, you be able to get a better understanding and control to get the optimum of torque, speed and mileage mix, when ever needed.
I get enough torque for over taking too, in the 3rd gear itself. In fact, I feel it as automatic in this shift, while I drive in the the speeds ranging between 20 -60 kmph.
Will soon post my review with the fuel filling details also.

Now coming to the first service experience, Yes. they hardly check as per the manual. They enquire you and solve only those problems which are mentioned by you first and then perform the regular checks.

Feel free to revert for any kind of further clarifications. You can PM me.

regards,
Maverick79.
Thanks for the info. Right i am also driving within 2k rpm and shifting to higher gears early. Yes i also noticed that 1st gear does not need pressing the accelerator pedal and if you shift to 2nd at around 1500 rpm even the 2nd gear does not require much accelerator in stop go traffic. Post this initial push the rpm's start to drop.

Currently the DIS is showing 13.6kpl avg for the 170kms that the car has done. I still need to get used to using the accelerator pedal on a diesel car and stop tapping it like in petrol
Old 15th September 2011, 15:06   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Thanks for the info. Right i am also driving within 2k rpm and shifting to higher gears early. Yes i also noticed that 1st gear does not need pressing the accelerator pedal and if you shift to 2nd at around 1500 rpm even the 2nd gear does not require much accelerator in stop go traffic. Post this initial push the rpm's start to drop.

Currently the DIS is showing 13.6kpl avg for the 170kms that the car has done. I still need to get used to using the accelerator pedal on a diesel car and stop tapping it like in petrol
Just don't worry about the F.E now. Let it cross the first 1 K kms.
Be very care full till then. Just don't cross 2k rpm in the Run in period.
Also maintian the gears as mentioned on the sticker on the top right side of the Wind screen.
Past 1K Kms, you can slowly raise the 2k rpm cieling to 2.5k till you reach 5k kms and from then own wards, raise the bar to 3k rpm till you reach 10k kms. After 10 K Kms, you can just rip it.
This would ensure good settling of piston and other mechanical parts settlement to their best possible and comfort levels and in turn give a good F.E later.
Old 16th September 2011, 12:37   #59
BHPian

Hi Motomaverick,

I'm potential manza buyer. The prerana dealer told me that Tyrian Wine color is available for Aura ABS we well. As per tha tata site this color is exclusively for Elan. Not sure what's happening.

I was planning on the Aura without ABS, but will miss these:

BlueTooth, Rear de-mistifier, height adjustable driver seat.

Not really keen on ABS, since I have not been using one. Is it worth going for the Aura ABS for the above features? If offered in Tyrian Wine, I'll go for it, but I'm not sure if that is true.

thanks,
Venu.
Old 16th September 2011, 12:45   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrvarier View Post
Hi Motomaverick,

I'm potential manza buyer. The prerana dealer told me that Tyrian Wine color is available for Aura ABS we well. As per tha tata site this color is exclusively for Elan. Not sure what's happening.

I was planning on the Aura without ABS, but will miss these:

BlueTooth, Rear de-mistifier, height adjustable driver seat.

Not really keen on ABS, since I have not been using one. Is it worth going for the Aura ABS for the above features? If offered in Tyrian Wine, I'll go for it, but I'm not sure if that is true.

thanks,
Venu.
Yes, the Tyrian wine color is available in Aura ABS, i saw it in the showroom, the site may not have been updated. But if you want to go for the Aura ABS go for the reason of safety of ABS & EBD, not for the things you have mentioned as Aura also has Rear de-mistifier and I am myself 5.6 in height but dont find a problem with the fixed seat. Overall its a really great car and good road presence.

200kms update

The car yesterday completed 200kms and so far there is no complaints everything is as smooth as it can be (Touchwood ) Things that were noticed during these kms are:

1. The engine looks a little free in higher gears specially the 4th where it feels like the turbo is working although i have not cross 2k rpm.
2. The ride has been good with Bangalore potholes nicely absorbed.
3. Handling is not bad as of now, checked this in inner ringroad curves at around 60kph, did not see any body roll
4. ICE setup is currently going on today by Dr. EVO. I am basically shifting the entire Zen's ICE onto the Manza. Thankfully the center console part was available for the Manza so i can use my earlier Pioneer 1 DIN unit

Last edited by motomaverick : 16th September 2011 at 13:13.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks