Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2011, 17:32   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Manza:: A new Story Begins

@motomaverick---Congrats on your new Manza! No other car in that segment offers oodles of space inside. There used to be an Indigo-XL, but I guess that is no longer on sale.

My neighbour wanted to buy a diesel sedan last October, and had shortlisted the Fiesta tdci and the Manza. He does not know how to drive, and was being chauffeured in an Indica till then.

I advised him to go for the Manza, as a new model of the Fiesta was in the offing, and there is a chance of the car getting phased out. It is a different story that Ford is still offering it as the Classic, but this was not known then.

He is very happy with my advice, and even more after coming to know the price list of the New Fiesta sedan.
Old 31st August 2011, 19:01   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by murillo View Post
motomaverick,

Congratulations on your new acquisition.

Manza is one car that is surely under-appreciated by the market. It deserves better numbers than what it is doing now. Manza plays to Tata's strengths perfectly, i.e., space, equipment, VFM, and fine finish.

The after-sales experience depends a lot on the service center as it is reported inconsistent from one center to another. If your service center is good and closer to your home, then it will be the icing on the cake.

How do you feel parting with Mr. Miyagi? Yes, the Manza in white looks majestic. Waiting to hear the delivery and ownership experience with lots of pictures.

murillo
Yes parting with the Zen had not been easy specially when it was the car that we first bought and brought us safely from a goa trip 3 days after we purchased & I learnt to drive

I am also hoping to find a proper service center like I was able to for the Zen I.e. Suraksha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
@motomaverick---Congrats on your new Manza! No other car in that segment offers oodles of space inside. There used to be an Indigo-XL, but I guess that is no longer on sale.

My neighbour wanted to buy a diesel sedan last October, and had shortlisted the Fiesta tdci and the Manza. He does not know how to drive, and was being chauffeured in an Indica till then.

I advised him to go for the Manza, as a new model of the Fiesta was in the offing, and there is a chance of the car getting phased out. It is a different story that Ford is still offering it as the Classic, but this was not known then.

He is very happy with my advice, and even more after coming to know the price list of the New Fiesta sedan.
Yes the price of new fiesta is steep and also does not offer back seat space as the manza.

Update

Just spoke to the sales manager who informed that the car has been allotted to my name. Informed him that I would like to do the pdi this Saturday and then hand over the pending docs for rto registration.

Yes, the showroom folks needed some more docs from me for the rto thing andi took the advantage of doing the pdi before handingover for registration.
Old 31st August 2011, 22:29   #18
BHPian

@motomaverick: Welcome to the Manza club!!! Wishing you a happy and niggle free ownership.
Old 31st August 2011, 22:56   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
I
Checked with the dealer and he informed that they do have a white in stock and delivery date was fixed for 9th September. So the agonizing wait for the “D” day starts.
Many many congratulations on your selection. I am sure the Manza will serve you well for several years to come.
Old 1st September 2011, 10:23   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@motomaverick: Welcome to the Manza club!!! Wishing you a happy and niggle free ownership.
Hey Sridhar, nice to meet another Manza owner, which color and variant did you buy? Hows the vehicle performing?
Old 9th September 2011, 21:59   #21
Senior - BHPian

Scam by Prerana Motors

Some of you might remember the Manza story thread i had put sometime back. Today when taking delivery they had a surprise in store. The vehicle was interchanged when delivering the car to me today. I had done a PDI in the stockyard and noted down all the details. These details were not matching with the vehicle that was being given to me today.

I just declined to take the car as such i had not signed on any sales or receipt paper. The next course of action.

1. Take the head office manager to the stockyard to do the PDI on a new allotted car.
2. If all good then give the go ahead for the registration.
3. Call up Tata and also write to them about this incident.

Dealer Name:
Prerana Motors,
Sarjapur road branch, Bangalore

Thanks tbhp for the PDI as it saved me from accepting a suspect car.
motomaverick is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2011, 22:23   #22
Senior - BHPian

Re: Scam by Prerana Motors

I think while signing on the order booking slip, we could either etch the VIN Number or write the Vin number on the order note. This would be very difficult to forge.
Old 9th September 2011, 22:29   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
I think while signing on the order booking slip, we could either etch the VIN Number or write the Vin number on the order note. This would be very difficult to forge.
yeah that would be good but quite difficult, next best option is photograph i think. But now since the complete money is paid should be able to drive the vehicle off tmw itself.
Old 9th September 2011, 22:34   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1. Take the head office manager to the stockyard to do the PDI on a new allotted car.

Dealer Name:
Prerana Motors,
Sneaky, low, despicable tactics. Most likely they wanted to palm a lemon/old-stock vehicle onto you.

Apart from the next steps you've mentioned, I'd suggest taking Prerana Motors to task for intentional duplicity. I'm not sure if it is possible to take them to consumer court if they've agreed to allot you a new car. Maybe the newspapers could be informed (Kannada & english).

Quote:
Old 9th September 2011, 23:09   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post
Sneaky, low, despicable tactics. Most likely they wanted to palm a lemon/old-stock vehicle onto you.

Apart from the next steps you've mentioned, I'd suggest taking Prerana Motors to task for intentional duplicity. I'm not sure if it is possible to take them to consumer court if they've agreed to allot you a new car. Maybe the newspapers could be informed (Kannada & english).

yes they have agreed in principal to allott a new car. Was dealing with the sr.mgr. I am planning to do the pdi and get it invoiced tmw itself and bring it home.

Consumer court may not be possible but letting people know about this is very much on cards. I would certainly request all new buyers to do the PDI.
Old 9th September 2011, 23:46   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Some of you might remember the Manza story thread i had put sometime back. Today when taking delivery they had a surprise in store. The vehicle was interchanged when delivering the car to me today. I had done a PDI in the stockyard and noted down all the details. These details were not matching with the vehicle that was being given to me today.

I just declined to take the car as such i had not signed on any sales or receipt paper. The next course of action.

Dealer Name:
Prerana Motors,

wow how did you catch them please do share the details! Thank god and team-bhp that you saw this and avoided the car the dealer was trying to dump on you!
Old 9th September 2011, 23:59   #27
BHPian

re: Tata Manza:: The Story Continues:: 20,000 kms Update

Not sure if I should congratulate you yet!

I am shocked to know that Prerana motors could commit such a unprofessional act.

As asked by someone else, how did you figure out that the car was different from the one you had inspected earlier?
Old 10th September 2011, 00:13   #28
Senior - BHPian

Thank god you found the exchange before it got registered. I have booked a Nano with KHT Motors, i will get the VIN/Chassis written on the form once my loan goes through !
Old 10th September 2011, 06:29   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
wow how did you catch them please do share the details! Thank god and team-bhp that you saw this and avoided the car the dealer was trying to dump on you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vasanthn21 View Post
Not sure if I should congratulate you yet!

I am shocked to know that Prerana motors could commit such a unprofessional act.

As asked by someone else, how did you figure out that the car was different from the one you had inspected earlier?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
Thank god you found the exchange before it got registered. I have booked a Nano with KHT Motors, i will get the VIN/Chassis written on the form once my loan goes through !
It was actually pretty easy for me to find the exchange. I had gone for a pre registration inspection at the stockyard after the allottment of the car. The chassis number of that vehicle ended with 13782, plus what i did i even noted down the engine number. Now yesterday when i was about to take delivery i again followed the pre delivery checklist. Thats when i found that this car had the chassis numbers as 13783, i thought maybe i made a mistake in noting down the number last time so i check the engine number and to my shock it was totally diff. Thats when all hell broke loose.

This scam was done by their sarjapura road branch, because i was taking delivery from their lalbagh road office, those folks didnt know anything about it.

Further last qhen discussing this with wife i told her i saw the milage on that stockyard car and it was already 14kms. So if you were to drive from neelmangala to rto in koramangala (thats what they said in prerna) your total kms would apprx 45 plus an additional 11 from koramangala to lalbagh so total milage the delivery car should show is 70kms apprx, but the car which they wanted to push thru yesterday had only 51kms, so this car never came from stockyard.

Anyways i am definately rltaking this up with Tata, would anyone have an email where i can write to.
Old 10th September 2011, 11:12   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick
Anyways i am definately rltaking this up with Tata, would anyone have an email where i can write to.
I don't have an email address, but had used the feedback form on the Tata site once, with near instant results. Complaint sent in the evening and the SA called the very next day.

Most Viewed