Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2011, 18:48   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar

I spend close to 14 hours of the day, in a godforsaken land called Hinjewadi! The remaining time is spent in Kothrud, where I live.
Me too!!! We should meet up someday. Wont continue this discussion here :-)
_raVan_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2011, 11:47   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Black Lightning: My Skoda Superb 1.8 TSI DSG-UPDATE: DSG box replaced!

I think I saw your Superb beast today. It followed me from Ko-Depot till Bavdhan on the NH4 bypass. Eventually I pulled over to see if it was you at the wheel. But turned out it was Chauffeur driven. A calm gentleman with silverish hair and mustache was on the rear "sofa". Could this be your car with your dad?
Old 4th November 2011, 13:09   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
I think I saw your Superb beast today. It followed me from Ko-Depot till Bavdhan on the NH4 bypass. Eventually I pulled over to see if it was you at the wheel. But turned out it was Chauffeur driven. A calm gentleman with silverish hair and mustache was on the rear "sofa". Could this be your car with your dad?

If it was around 8:30ish in the morning, then yes, could've been my dad in the car. Was it a MH14 rego car? If so, then yes, that'd be my dad.

Calm gentleman? Gotta tell this to my dad. Its probably the first time he shall hear this about him .
Swanand Inamdar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2011, 13:59   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
If it was around 8:30ish in the morning, then yes, could've been my dad in the car. Was it a MH14 rego car? If so, then yes, that'd be my dad.

Calm gentleman? Gotta tell this to my dad. Its probably the first time he shall hear this about him .
Yeap 8:30, it was your dad then. Yes I saw the registration of course. Was quite sure it was yours before posting Boy, your car looks stunning in person!!! dude you got to take better pictures and do justice to it!!! It was really a pleasant sight in the IRVM. The chauffeur also seemed a really good one at wheel. Was handling & cornering very well in the traffic.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2011, 23:12   #50
Senior - BHPian

Swanand buddy

You are not doing justice to the Black Beauty in your garage. Get her to a nice place (may be on the twisties of Lavasa road) and do a nice photoshoot. Its high time.
Old 25th November 2011, 15:55   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Swanand buddy

You are not doing justice to the Black Beauty in your garage. Get her to a nice place (may be on the twisties of Lavasa road) and do a nice photoshoot. Its high time.
Ajay, sorry for the late reply. Actually I had all but forgotten about this thread . I know. Its my own thread, but yes, I did forget about it.

Same's the case with the snaps. I have clicked some, just didnt update them to the thread.

As far as photoshoot is concerned, my two photographers (Mikon and Ninjatalli) are MIA (missing in action) .

On a serious note, that is exactly what I plan to do tomorrow. Its the only day that the car is going to be all mine! Dad's going outta town and taking the Laura along. Hence, first stop is going to be the 3M car care at Baner, and then onto some nice place for a drive and snaps.
Old 25th November 2011, 16:18   #52
Team-BHP Support

Swanand,

You've gotten yourself one of the best deals today! A Skoda Superb that has run in well, @ 14k, and is a little over a year old, is a gear car, especially at half the OTR price of a new one! Now, that's a steal!

The new Superb has been around for a little while now, and it still doesn't fail to catch my attention when one drives by! It's a very handsome car with oodles of class and even has that aura of luxury and occasion. The more expensive Passat, is based on the same platform, and yet doesn't manage to cause quite the stir that the Superb manages to.

I suggest you get your car detailed before taking her out to Lavasa/Lonavala.

Any accessories or modifications in the pipeline?
suhaas307 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2011, 17:41   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Swanand,

You've gotten yourself one of the best deals today! A Skoda Superb that has run in well, @ 14k, and is a little over a year old, is a gear car, especially at half the OTR price of a new one! Now, that's a steal!

The new Superb has been around for a little while now, and it still doesn't fail to catch my attention when one drives by! It's a very handsome car with oodles of class and even has that aura of luxury and occasion. The more expensive Passat, is based on the same platform, and yet doesn't manage to cause quite the stir that the Superb manages to.

I suggest you get your car detailed before taking her out to Lavasa/Lonavala.

Any accessories or modifications in the pipeline?
Very true Suhaas. This is one amazing piece of machinery to own. I am in absolute love with it.
Yes, the deal was amazing. Unbelievable at times!
I too feel the same on the Passat. Its the same car, but just didnt cut it for me. Superb was what the mind and heart was set on!

I am taking the car to the 3M shop tomorrow, for a well deserved pampering. Manicure, pedicure et al .

As of now, there are no modifications in pipeline. Dont even know what can be done! As far as accessories, havent really felt the need of any. Its just all in there.
Old 25th November 2011, 17:47   #54
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Swanand,

Typo in the last post. I meant to say: 'A year old'

Quote:
Very true Suhaas. This is one amazing piece of machinery to own. I am in absolute love with it.
Yes, the deal was amazing. Unbelievable at times!
I too feel the same on the Passat. Its the same car, but just didnt cut it for me. Superb was what the mind and heart was set on!

I am taking the car to the 3M shop tomorrow, for a well deserved pampering. Manicure, pedicure et al .

As of now, there are no modifications in pipeline. Dont even know what can be done! As far as accessories, havent really felt the need of any. Its just all in there.
Well, you could get yourself a rear-view cam + a 3.5" screen/RVM. It should be around 10k, or so, and should be worth the money, considering that the Superb is a very long car and is a bit of a hassle to park in tight spots. It's not just an accessory. it is quite a useful feature, IMO.

Also, have you considered a good set of tints?
Old 25th November 2011, 17:49   #55
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Well, you could get yourself a rear-view cam + a 3.5" screen/RVM. It should be around 10k, or so, and should be worth the money, considering that the Superb is a very long car and is a bit of a hassle to park in tight spots. It's not just an accessory. it is quite a useful feature, IMO.

Also, have you considered a good set of tints?
Rather than get he can get a cam which integrates into the headunit itself. It is possible.
Old 25th November 2011, 17:57   #56
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Rather than get he can get a cam which integrates into the headunit itself. It is possible.
Or this, yes.

Upgrade the ICE too, if you're an audiophile. I would. After all, you've saved quite a lot of money!
suhaas307 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2011, 18:25   #57
BHPian

Hey congrats on a true beauty and luxury which is safe and to top it all a great bargain. Please elaborate as to how did u strike such a deal and how did u come across such a deal. If u dont mind please mention the actual price for which u bought it. It will definetely be guide for people looking for used cars and the used car delears buy the cars really cheap and sell them for a very high premium which is really unfair. In fact there is very less transperancy in the used cars market and deals. Please enlighten us or at least me.

Regards.

Patil
Old 25th November 2011, 18:37   #58
Senior - BHPian

Swanand: Is the ICE capable of playing DVDs? If yes, you can think of adding LCD screens behind the front-seat head restraints. Your Superb is mostly chauffeur driven, so this will add another creature comfort to the Living Room a.k.a. rear seat. Our friend JD has done a similar after market job on his Safari. Not too sure about the feasibility though.
Old 25th November 2011, 20:09   #59
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307

Well, you could get yourself a rear-view cam + a 3.5" screen/RVM. It should be around 10k, or so, and should be worth the money, considering that the Superb is a very long car and is a bit of a hassle to park in tight spots.
Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234

A rear view cam is not needed in the Superb, IMO. The display on the screen from the parking sensors is just perfect and makes parking the Superb easier than parking much smaller cars. The only things missing in the Superb (at least the one I have) are DVD screens in the rear, Bluetooth (corrected in newer cars) and GPS maps.
Hayek is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th November 2011, 21:00   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Well, what to say. Epitome of Opulence it surely is. Luxury redefined, at least in its class...
Hey Swanand, congratulations
Never taken a ride in Superb, but heard and read here in Team-BHP that it offers the most for the price paid in its segment of cars w.r.t. features, space... it looks real luxury car, especially from the front.

You got a great deal of a fantastic car and hardly any pics! Please post some detailed pics of the interiors. Wish you a very happy ownership

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks