Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2012, 14:12   #121
Senior - BHPian

Re: Black Lightning: My Skoda Superb 1.8 TSI DSG-UPDATE: DSG box replaced!

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
That is good news Swanand, and Europa did what best they could IMO.

2 questions. Did they tell you what parts were replaced and if so, can you put up a scanned copy of the bill they gave you?
Secondly, what is the warranty on this replaced GB?
The gearbox was replaced. They tried reaplcing the mechatronic, but that didnt help. So they changed the GB.
Ill try and upload a scan copy of the invoice. Its currently in Dad's office, but as I get it, shall do the needful.
Honestly, I havent checked with Europa. The car came home only late last evening. Shall call and check with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesc View Post
Good to know your car is back to normal. As far as I remember the 1.xx lacs is for the mechatronic module only. The entire gearbox is around 4.xx lacs.
Yes, you are right. Even IIRC the gearbox does indeed cost that much.
Old 6th June 2012, 14:29   #122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar

The gearbox was replaced. They tried reaplcing the mechatronic, but that didnt help. So they changed the GB.
Ill try and upload a scan copy of the invoice. Its currently in Dad's office, but as I get it, shall do the needful.. The car came home only late last evening. Shall call and check with them.

Yes, you are right. Even IIRC the gearbox does indeed cost that much.
Wow. Fantastic turn around.
They replaced the whole GB.
Swan,
Drive the car and let us know your report. congratulations!!
Waiting for the scanned copy of the bill.
Old 6th June 2012, 16:25   #123
BHPian

Finally the car is back with you!

Did the Europa guys tell anything about running-in the new GB?

If not, please do find out if you are allowed to rip the car. Knowing you, driving that car after a long miss
Monaro CV8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2012, 15:11   #124
BHPian

Alas the bug just hit another Superb I know! My colleague's DSG too died last night on him without any warning whatsoever. The car was parked in the basement section of our office building the whole day. When he was leaving for the day, my co-worker called his chauffeur to get him to pull the car up to the entrance (the usual drill). Ten minutes later a very panicked looking driver materialized himself saying the car wouldn't move even after the gear lever was engaged. "Shayad iska automatic system fail ho gaya hain" to quote the driver verbatim. Gentlemen, over here I must bring your attention to the fact that this is an immaculately maintained company car - a shade over a year old - so no expense has been spared whenever the need has arisen. And a knowledgeable driver who's been around automatics for some time. So we can safely rule out the human factor.

Earlier today, the car was towed away by the service guys and they have indeed confirmed the worst. A DSG failure - extent of which is being investigated and will be communicated to my friend in the due course of time. Again being a wholly company maintained car, the issue is not so much the monetary repercussion of this sorry episode but the reliability of the DSG gearbox. I'm going to keep a close eye on how things unfold but my colleague is visibly shaken and quite frustrated. Not a pleasant situation for anyone to be in.

Last edited by Omtoatom : 8th August 2012 at 15:14.
Omtoatom is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th August 2012, 15:31   #125
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to hear about that, Omtoatom. It certainly is very frustrating. Moneywise and timewise. Although, you mention that this being a company car, the expenses would not be an issue.

Since the car is still under warranty, the damage would be borne by Skoda, not your company (I suppose).

What's frustrating, is the waiting time. Make sure they give a replacement car, or re-imburse the taxi charges (amounting upto 3k a day!).
Devdath was kind enough to mention this to me, on this very thread.

Do keep us updated on the said issue, and the workaround that Skoda offers.
BTW, which dealer is this issue being dealt with?
Old 9th August 2012, 17:08   #126
BHPian

You make a very pertinent point about the replacement car Swanand. Gotta admit, it hadn't crossed our minds at all. In fact, I had no idea you were within your rights to ask for reimbursement of cab expenses in case the car's going to be gone for long. No wonder, as customers we tend to be taken for granted! Nonetheless thanks, I've told my colleague to pop this up in his dialog with them and be forceful. I understand our Administration Head is also now driving this with the GM personally. I'm sure the dealership wouldn't want to put off a corporate customer that does sizeable business with them through the year.

BTW the last update is that it may take 3-4 days for the car to be fully done. The service center has offered to replace the entire DSG assembly - no questions asked. Courtesy Skoda. However when pressed about exactly what aspect of the GB mechanism failed, they couldn't have been more vague about it. More later...

Last edited by Omtoatom : 9th August 2012 at 17:11.
Omtoatom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2012, 11:48   #127
Senior - BHPian

Pretty much the situation, I was in.
Yup, they replaced the GB under extended warranty, no questions asked.
But even when I asked them a reason for failure, they couldnt have been more tight lipped.

Go get that replacement. Its a right as an owner.
Old 14th August 2012, 00:38   #128
BHPian

A quick update: I understand from my colleague that the DSG assembly isn't readily available with Skoda and is now only expected to ship by Thursday, August 16. The dealership claims that the shipment is originating from the Czech Republic. I highly doubt that. At any rate, I expect at least 2 days in shipping (which means Saturday), a day for the fitment (Monday) and another one to thoroughly test the car with the newly reinstated GB. Bottomline: the car's not coming back for a week at least! Even more agony and frustration!!

Swanand: you had a much better turnaround time right mate?! How were you able to crunch timelines? Share your secret please.

Last edited by Omtoatom : 14th August 2012 at 00:42.
Old 14th August 2012, 12:09   #129
Senior - BHPian

Ha ha!
Yeah, I did have a better turn around time (comparatively). Even in my case the car wasnt around for almost a week. But then, the reason then was the mechatronic (that was replaced) didnt work well. So they replaced the entire GB.

Well, there's no secret as such. But yes, I knew the dealer and the SA personally. That, along with my fathers nagging, helped us get the car back soon.

Which dealer are you (your colleague) dealing with?
Also, not too sure about the entire 'shipped from the Czech republic' is true. Skoda would have parts in the Aurangabad plant, no?
Worst case, write to someone in Skoda and check with them on this story.

Last edited by Swanand Inamdar : 14th August 2012 at 12:12. Reason: Added text
Old 6th September 2012, 14:58   #130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omtoatom View Post
A quick update:...... Even more agony and frustration!!
Any update on the issue Omtoatom?
Is the car back? Hows it doing now? Did they charge you anything?
Do let us know.
Old 10th September 2012, 13:01   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Any update on the issue Omtoatom?
Is the car back? Hows it doing now? Did they charge you anything?
Do let us know.
Apologies buddy! Completely missed this one since I've been traveling, which btw of late, has become a regular feature of my life.

Anyway if you recall, the car belongs to a colleague, so I wasn't able to ascertain the exact extent of damages until I chatted with him. Turns out and as we'd suspected, the entire DSG assembly had to be replaced. What took time was for them to source it from wherever. Also the case was escalated by the dealership and had to be approved by Skoda - I'm guessing - and they've accordingly ensured that the entire job was carried out at zero cost to my friend. Says he was pretty satisfied with the overall handling of the matter except that it took longer than expected, much to his dismay. I mean it took just over two weeks for the whole thing to come through. So it's all good for now

Last edited by Omtoatom : 10th September 2012 at 13:03. Reason: Better construct
Omtoatom is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks