Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2011, 23:23   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: A confused soul finally decides to go the Honda City way!

Quote:
The only sore point, if at all, is that it has no dedicated leather holder in to fit a standard fuel additive (aka System G). The Corsa had a leather holder attached to the left side of the boot which could fit 2 fuel additive bottles.
This was because GM then recommended compulsory addition of the additive to on-line clean the injectors fearing the bad quality Indian fuel. For Honda this is not sort of mandatory.
rajeev k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2011, 07:02   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_srini View Post
3) The problem with the mirror is the vibration. The blackcat guy paid a visit today and is replacing the mirror in the next few days. I hope that solves the problem.
Any additional weight mounted on the OE mirrors will cause vibration as the OE mount is designed only for the weight of the OE mirrors.
I am not sure what the blackcat guy is thinking of doing to resolve this issue.
Does he plan to strengthen the OE mirror mount?
I too have a wide rear view mirror mounted on the OE mirror for enhanced coverage, but the vibrations are bearable.
Please check my thread for pictures.

HC
Habanero City is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2011, 10:34   #33
Senior - BHPian

Fair point , irrespective of whether the city takes it post 100kmph , i am slightly disappointed by the power delivery of the fluidic - larger engine / more horses but it just about manages to be ahead. but i guess on paper 0-100 is what counts.

In gear acceleration goes to the city.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
Initial pick Fluidic is bit more, but when it reaches 100 kmph ANHC would have overtaken it. That is what its been shown in Car and bike show. ANHC Manual can make it in 10 secs, ANHC AT can make it in 11 secs. Fluidic can make it in 10.88 secs.
Old 30th September 2011, 10:42   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
Fair point , irrespective of whether the city takes it post 100kmph , i am slightly disappointed by the power delivery of the fluidic - larger engine / more horses but it just about manages to be ahead. but i guess on paper 0-100 is what counts.

In gear acceleration goes to the city.
Above 100-120 kmph, we all know Verna is not at all safe to drive, because of poor handling, its carrying this legacy from previous Verna. City is much better handler compared to Verna fluidic at higher speeds, And ofcourse, Ford fiesta is much better handler compared to City at high speeds.

@Habanero City Reverse parking mount on rear view mirror, Lot of people has the complaint of vibration and even falling off after few days. Also it takes of day and night adjustment in rear view mirror. Its better to just have distance indicator type, which is oval shaped one.

Last edited by shamanth : 30th September 2011 at 10:46.
Old 30th September 2011, 10:52   #35
Senior - BHPian

yes that is the general perception ( and the same for me) but enough has been written in on the site that its not that bad either - opinions present on both sides

Honestly if its a bit 'boaty' post 130 i dont really care , all the roads and highways i regularly drive on will anyway not be able to accommodate those speeds and i do a lot of driving in the hills as well where it wont matter.

But i completely unquestionably agree with you on the fiesta!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
Above 100-120 kmph, we all know Verna is not at all safe to drive, because of poor handling, its carrying this legacy from previous Verna. City is much better handler compared to Verna fluidic at higher speeds, And ofcourse, Ford fiesta is much better handler compared to City at high speeds.

Old 30th September 2011, 11:02   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Do you have an ownership report that I can lean on for advice?
Unfortunately I do not have one of my own as my posts are scattered in many threads befofe I realized that I could write my own (I was a new joinee then). However, having said that, I will be writing a 6K ownership report soon and shall let you know about it.
kirantp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2011, 20:29   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habanero City View Post
Any additional weight mounted on the OE mirrors will cause vibration as the OE mount is designed only for the weight of the OE mirrors.
I am not sure what the blackcat guy is thinking of doing to resolve this issue.
Does he plan to strengthen the OE mirror mount?
I too have a wide rear view mirror mounted on the OE mirror for enhanced coverage, but the vibrations are bearable.
Please check my thread for pictures.

HC
The Blackcat guy changed the mirror. The vibrations have reduced but have not gone fully. They are in the fringe of bearable and irritable I don't think they have mounts to correct this problem. I guess I have to live with it.
Old 1st October 2011, 22:52   #38
Senior - BHPian

I am quite surprised to know it lacks the punch compared to a Fiesta! Is it really the case?
Old 2nd October 2011, 09:29   #39
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The Blackcat guy changed the mirror. The vibrations have reduced but have not gone fully. They are in the fringe of bearable and irritable I don't think they have mounts to correct this problem. I guess I have to live with it.
Have it checked at Honda too. If the vibrations still continue, it could mean that the OEM mirror itself is loose.

I've been using the Blackcat reverse sensors for much over a year now and yet I haven't faced that problem. (Although I did face some other problem )
Old 27th January 2012, 02:13   #40
Senior - BHPian

Am quite late with it formally, Raj - Congrats!

Have not gone through the whole thread yet. Must say that the "confused soul" did land up with a good decision. With the reduction in prices, it is a very very good choice. In case you wish to drive a bit hard, do consider a small upsize to the tyres.

About the tyre noise, it may be useful to try out different tyre pressures. At times, it makes a significant difference. Also bear in mind that if the pressure is low, it heats up the tyres, which risks punctures or even blown tyres. Too high a pressure would reduce grip and make the car skid more easily.

Liked your honest review. Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks