Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2012, 14:19   #151
BHPian

re: BumbleBee: First Maruti Swift ZDI in Pune & Team-BHP EDIT: 20,000 km Update on Pg 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
It seems I sail in the same boat as Ramneek with regards to FE. I drive very sedately and seldom cross 120 kmph even when I am on the expressway. I have detailed my FE figures based on full tank to full tank method here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2657473

Swanand, Racer_X, do you guys fill fuel till the brim after auto cutoff to measure the FE or are you quoting figures from the MID / auto cut off figures? There could be a big difference in various methods used to measure FE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Kiran, firstly, sorry for the late response. Was busy with a wedding in the family.

Well, to answer your question - I never fill upto the brim. Its always stop at Autocutoff. Also, the pump at which I top up the Swift, is also fixed. Everytime I need to top her up, I head to Autolines (barring those times the car is out of city).

I suppose, your car will start giving more, once the 2nd - 3rd and so on servicings are done. Remember, my Swift is now almost 2 and half years old!
Quick update :

I am back from a 800 Kms trip Pune-Belgaum-Jamkhandi-Saundatti-Pune.

While going I was heavy on the Pedal and pushing the Bee to the limit. Did touch 150 kmph on couple of occasions on the Kolhapur - Belgaum highway stretch. The FE was 17 kmpl.

While returning drove like a saint (wifey with her eye on the speedo ), never crossing 100-110 kmph and the FE was 22 kmpl.

The tire noise was terrible, though the ride was planted and never once felt nervous while cornering or pushing the Bee to the limit. I am running the stock MRF ZVTS 185's. Is this normal or I need a tire upgrade soon?

Kiran- On couple of occasions came close to emergency braking but there were no issues. Have you worked out your issue with MSIL?
Old 30th January 2012, 14:29   #152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer_X

Quick update :

I am back from a 800 Kms trip Pune-Belgaum-Jamkhandi-Saundatti-Pune.

While going I was heavy on the Pedal and pushing the Bee to the limit. Did touch 150 kmph on couple of occasions on the Kolhapur - Belgaum highway stretch. The FE was 17 kmpl.

While returning drove like a saint (wifey with her eye on the speedo ), never crossing 100-110 kmph and the FE was 22 kmpl.

The tire noise was terrible, though the ride was planted and never once felt nervous while cornering or pushing the Bee to the limit. I am running the stock MRF ZVTS 185's. Is this normal or I need a tire upgrade soon?

Kiran- On couple of occasions came close to emergency braking but there were no issues. Have you worked out your issue with MSIL?
This sounds familiar. Thanks for sharing.
Can't do much with tire noise, you have to upgrade to premium tires. Would an extra coat of wurth for the underbody help to some extent ?
Old 4th February 2012, 18:44   #153
BHPian

Did Mumbai-Shirdi-Nasik over the past 2 days in my ZDi. Thoroughly enjoyed driving on the fantastic Mumbai-Nasik highway. It's a delight piloting the Swift on those twists and long stretches of pristine highways. Ride and handling were excellent. I have the Yokohama 195/60R15 tyres. Tyre noise was very well controlled and the grip levels were to my satisfaction. Brakes were comparable to the ones in my Altis. Nothing as bad as VDi owners have reported. Suspension felt good on rough patches. None of that firm ride like in the old Swift.

The car returned a fuel efficiency of 20.3 kpl over the 450 km trip so far with speeds maintained between 80-100 kph. Did a max of only 120 kph since the car is still in the run-in period. Throttle response on inclines was fantastic, could navigate some of the inclines even in 4th gear.

Getting baggage into the boot was a bit of an issue. The only sore part of an otherwise enjoyable trip. I head back to Mumbai tomorrow. Looking forward to driving on the Nasik-Mumbai route again.

Last edited by fuel_addict : 4th February 2012 at 18:45.
Old 4th February 2012, 20:55   #154
BHPian

re: BumbleBee: First Maruti Swift ZDI in Pune & Team-BHP EDIT: 20,000 km Update on Pg 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer_X View Post
Kiran,
I always fill till the "Brim" after auto cutoff to calculate the FE. I also use "FuelLog Pro" handy android app to log the FE.
HTH.
Is Pro the charged version of the app?
If it is, what's the extra features it offers Racer_X?
Old 9th March 2012, 21:52   #155
BHPian

My whity Zdi got dressed up with 1.5mm Scandinavian Leather for Seats, Steering, Gear base, Hand Brake and Door sides from Karlsson Bangalore. Its 2 Months 3 Days old by now with 3800kms on odo.

Leather Seats costed me 30k.
Attached Thumbnails
BumbleBee: First Maruti Swift ZDI in Pune & Team-BHP EDIT: 20,000 km Update on Pg 12-dsc01554.jpg  

BumbleBee: First Maruti Swift ZDI in Pune & Team-BHP EDIT: 20,000 km Update on Pg 12-dsc01553.jpg  

BumbleBee: First Maruti Swift ZDI in Pune & Team-BHP EDIT: 20,000 km Update on Pg 12-dsc01547.jpg  

BumbleBee: First Maruti Swift ZDI in Pune & Team-BHP EDIT: 20,000 km Update on Pg 12-dsc01563.jpg  

BumbleBee: First Maruti Swift ZDI in Pune & Team-BHP EDIT: 20,000 km Update on Pg 12-dsc01559.jpg  

BumbleBee: First Maruti Swift ZDI in Pune & Team-BHP EDIT: 20,000 km Update on Pg 12-dsc01555.jpg  

BumbleBee: First Maruti Swift ZDI in Pune & Team-BHP EDIT: 20,000 km Update on Pg 12-dsc01551.jpg  

BumbleBee: First Maruti Swift ZDI in Pune & Team-BHP EDIT: 20,000 km Update on Pg 12-dsc01550.jpg  

webblescott is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th March 2012, 23:08   #156
BHPian

The seat covers look simply awesome. Hope the installation was done without any tweaking on the vehicle.
Has the supplier given any sort of warranty for them?
Old 10th March 2012, 17:35   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by webblescott View Post
My whity Zdi got dressed up with 1.5mm Scandinavian Leather for Seats, Steering, Gear base, Hand Brake and Door sides from Karlsson Bangalore. Its 2 Months 3 Days old by now with 3800kms on odo.
Leather Seats costed me 30k.
The work looks awesome and total VFM. I wish we had someone like Karlson up here in north.
Old 10th March 2012, 20:21   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankurvirmani19 View Post
The seat covers look simply awesome. Hope the installation was done without any tweaking on the vehicle.
Has the supplier given any sort of warranty for them?
Actually there was a slight scratch on the door pad where they did the leather job, other than that everything was simply superb. Nobody here works on warranty thing for the seats other than if anything goes wrong with stitches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpMan View Post
The work looks awesome and total VFM. I wish we had someone like Karlson up here in north.
Thanks Scorp, Karlsson started in Maharashtra, the issue is the guy did not find any reliable partner so far in any other states to start up his chain. I already spoke to him regarding this and even mentioned him that many Bhpian's are looking forward to get your service throughout north and South.
webblescott is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2012, 15:50   #159
BHPian

It has been long since I have contributed.

Last week had been to Lonavala with couple of friends.

Adding this pic. The Bee has been one of my best companions on long drives and has served me well till date.

Will add more ownership experience details later.

BumbleBee: First Maruti Swift ZDI in Pune & Team-BHP EDIT: 20,000 km Update on Pg 12-img_56932.jpg
Racer_X is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th May 2012, 10:29   #160
BHPian

^^^^ The above snap is really good . Lot of atmosphere and it engages the viewer. Makes you want to get into your car and go on a long drive!
Old 5th June 2012, 11:45   #161
BHPian

Hi!
How many have you done in your Swift. I had driven a 2 yr.old Swift VDI of my Sister with 25k on odo. Though the car was enjoyable, it was full of rattles & manual AC was not that powerful. What is your experience about the rattling issue so far. Is is ACC more efficient than manual AC, if yes by how much?

I have a general question to all bhpians. With the same compressor, blower etc. can ACC be a better chiller than the manual. If so why?

Thanks
Old 6th June 2012, 12:41   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitta Pradhan View Post
Hi!
How many have you done in your Swift. I had driven a 2 yr.old Swift VDI of my Sister with 25k on odo. Though the car was enjoyable, it was full of rattles & manual AC was not that powerful. What is your experience about the rattling issue so far. Is is ACC more efficient than manual AC, if yes by how much?

I have a general question to all bhpians. With the same compressor, blower etc. can ACC be a better chiller than the manual. If so why?

Thanks
The build quality of the new swift is top notch. Not faced a single rattle till date, even after driving on not so pleasant roads.

The ACC is a chiller for the front passengers and not that great for the rear passengers. But not complaining as the Bee is driven only by me .

Typically ACC acts on sensing the temperature of the car using the sensors in the cabin. So depending on the sensitivity of the temperature sensor and the temperature in the cabin, the climate control CPU would try to increase/decrease the temperature.

My swift being the first car I have owned having ACC, my observation is that the climate control CPU just regulates the fan speed & engagement of the compressor to achieve the temprature you have set, which would be better than a manual AC.

Hope this helps!
Old 6th June 2012, 14:16   #163
Senior - BHPian

Sid, the leather seats look so good! Adds a new feel to the car, all togother!

The AC in the Swift is quite a chiller! Even in the backseat, Ive never complained. That said, Ive sat in the backseat only once in all of 3 years the car has been home .
Old 6th June 2012, 14:44   #164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Sid, the leather seats look so good! Adds a new feel to the car, all togother!
Swanand, the pics for leather seats on this page are from another bhpian. Unless Sid has put up pics on another page of this thread.
selfdrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2012, 14:47   #165
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Swanand, the pics for leather seats on this page are from another bhpian. Unless Sid has put up pics on another page of this thread.
. My bad. For some reason, I thought that Sid had gotten the seats done on his recent run down south.
But now that the pics are up, why not get that done in the Bee too, Sid?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks