Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2013, 13:20   #196
BHPian

Re: Vibrations @ 80 kmph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer_X View Post
Guys I have got the following things done till date to get the vibrations which I experience at 80 kmph in fifth gear
kindly get checked the axle of the car from a reputable garage or different Maruti service center as I too faced a similar problem in my EON and took nearly 6 months to diagnose the problem. What is strange is though the latest breed of Budget cars have this premature worn out axle problem.
Old 2nd October 2013, 00:25   #197
BHPian

Today I completed 30,000 kms on my swift vdi. No vibrations yet. Squeaking has started from a few places. Returning around 17kmpl in the city, on tank full to tankfull method..

The only issue I am facing is, there is some strange noise coming from the wheel.. "kat kat kat". The higher the speed, faster the noise. At first i thought it's from the front tyre, but it was persistent even after tyre rotation.

Am not able to figure out whats making that sound.

Any inputs..?

Last edited by navin : 27th April 2017 at 11:01. Reason: spelling
Old 2nd October 2013, 17:26   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamahunter View Post
Today I completed 30,000 kms on my swift vdi. No vibrations yet. Squeaking has started from a few places. Returning around 17kmpl in the city, on tank full to tankfull method.. The only issue I am facing is, there is some strange noise coming from the wheel.. "kat kat kat". The higher the speed, faster the noise. At first i thought it's from the front tyre, but it was persistent even after tyre rotation. Am not able to figure out whats making that sound. Any inputs..?
I had a similar noise coming from the front wheels in my ZDi. It started off as vibration from the dashboard and eventually manifested into a steady kat-kat noise at lower speeds. It was diagnosed as a weak suspension link rod. It was tightened and that sorted the problem. Maybe you can have the suspension linkages checked.

Since you say the noise increases with speed, you could also have the wheel bearings checked if it's a humming type of noise.

Last edited by navin : 27th April 2017 at 11:01. Reason: correction of spelling in quoted text
Old 26th April 2017, 16:19   #199
BHPian

Re: BumbleBee: First Maruti Swift ZDI in Pune & Team-BHP EDIT: 20,000 km Update on Pg 12

Getting this old thread back to life..

Almost 6 years since the swift had come into the family...
Current update:

Kms done : 85,000.
Average : between 17- 19 kmpl in city and 20 - 21 on the highways.

Changes/Upgrades done

- All 4 wheels changed to Michilin XM2(195 section) at 54,000 kms, still holding good.

- Battery had given up at 70,000 kms, changed that to Amaron.

- Horn changed to Roots Original Windtone Skoda Type Horn (12V)

- Recently the master clutch cylinder gave up (~ at 83500 kms), had to replace it.

- Replaced the front disc pads.

Issues
- A few places such like above the windscreen had started to rust.
Mainly because of the water accumulating above the strip of the windscreen.

- Apart from that, the windscreen needs to be replaced due to a hairline crack.
(Thanks to the dumper and the stones flying off it).

- The steering wheel makes a squeaking sound at a particular point.
(May be oiling will solve it.)

- Left mirror cover broken. Rest of the mirror assembly working perfectly fine. But thanks to Maruti,
I would need to replace the entire mirror assembly. That will cost me Rs 2,500.

Last edited by iamahunter : 26th April 2017 at 16:23.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks