Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2011, 11:25   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: BumbleBee :: First Swift ZDI in Pune & Team BHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer_X View Post
Hello Guys,

Got the delivery of BumbleBee (New Swift ZDI) on 31st August.
Congrats Racer_X!

Bumble bee looks damn good. White is THE colour for the new Swift IMO. Everything about the new Swift is so much better than the old one.

Looking forward for regular updates from you on this thread. Since there is no TeamBHP official review yet, your thread is the only first-hand review we have.

All the best and wishing you a long and happy journey with the Bumble Bee.

Cheers!!
Old 7th September 2011, 11:38   #32
BANNED

Congratulations on your new car. Nice car !
Question, No Start-Stop button on the top variant then ?
Old 7th September 2011, 11:43   #33
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your new car. Enjoy

In Bengaluru I have seen more Zdis. Looks like people did not have this option before and are jumping at it.
Old 7th September 2011, 11:50   #34
BHPian

Hi Racer_X,

Congrats on your new Swift ZDI - BumbleBee !!

The Swift looks best in white. You have to see it in flesh to believe it.

Wish you Happy driving with BumbleBee.

Cheers
Old 7th September 2011, 12:00   #35
BHPian

Contratulations Racer_X!

I understand the 'diesel effect'.
I drove more than 500kms in the first two days of my ride.
Diesel rocks!
Hope to catch your bumblebee in the next 'Pune Tapri meet'.
I feel you are one of the luckiest to get the delivery soo early

Happy motoring!
Old 7th September 2011, 12:12   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer_X View Post
I know about the electromagnetic button underneath the hatch door but the security gaurds are an uninformed lot and hence have to get down to open the hatch which is irritating at times.
Tell me about it! Time and again you need to tell those guys - "Ek button hai, use dabao. Dikky khul jayega". Its a pain no doubt.

The plastic quality sure has increased. Nice interiros as compared to the previous gen. How is the quality of the OEM ICE? Decent enough, or upgrade necessary?
Old 7th September 2011, 12:21   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Tell me about it! Time and again you need to tell those guys - "Ek button hai, use dabao. Dikky khul jayega". Its a pain no doubt.

The plastic quality sure has increased. Nice interiros as compared to the previous gen. How is the quality of the OEM ICE? Decent enough, or upgrade necessary?
"Ek button hai, use dabao. Dikky khul jayega".

The OEM ICE is good enough for a average person who likes to listen to music while driving. With the inclusion of the 2 tweeters its good enough and no upgrade would be required.
Racer_X is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2011, 12:24   #38
BHPian

Congrats Racer_X on your new car. Wish you a trouble free experience with your car. Some of the missing things in the previous version of swift diesel was air bags, bluetooth, USB, rear wash/wiper, ACC and small boot which made me choose a Fiat Punto. Most of this is available in the new Swift which makes it a value for money buy. But the long waiting period is deterrent factor even now.
Old 7th September 2011, 12:38   #39
Senior - BHPian

A year ago, I bought the Swift Vdi with ABS, had considered all the cars in the competition, including the Vista. Just having the same drivetrain is not good enough. Vista is indeed roomier, and had more features too, particularly liked the lumbar support, but the car is simply not in the same league as the Swift. The only car that really felt better than the Swift in this segment in terms of handling and design, was the Punto, but again, the *** scared me off, plus there was too much engine sound filtering into the cabin.

Buying the Maruti swift has been a great experience so far, and I find Maruti even more responsive and customer friendly than Hyundai. Its total peace of mind.

Last edited by GTO : 8th September 2011 at 12:06. Reason: Quoted post has been deleted
Old 7th September 2011, 13:04   #40
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the all new Swift! Please change the stock MRF tyres to something from Bridgestone/Michelin. Trust me, those stock MRFs are absolute rubbish! Enjoy your car!
Old 7th September 2011, 13:31   #41
BANNED

Envious of you. LOL. A few questions. Please see if you can manage.

How is the back seat? Is it comfortable enough for long drives? How's the ACC for rear seat passengers? Do its blowers throw enough cool air for the back seat occupants? I am told that they are giving remote for the music system, is it so? And is there any provision for remote for ACC (agreed it is asking for too much)? And finally do your forearm rub against the lateral support (I don't what it is called) on the back rest of the seat while shifting gear? I found it quite irritating during my short test drive. Take your time with your replies. I know you would be busy enjoying your drive and don't let these questions interfere with it.

Once again congratulations Boss. Keep driving.
Old 7th September 2011, 14:02   #42
BHPian

Quote:
. The security guys in Pune sure need some training.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandjha View Post

How's the ACC for rear seat passengers? Do its blowers throw enough cool air for the back seat occupants? I am told that they are giving remote for the music system, is it so? And is there any provision for remote for ACC (agreed it is asking for too much)?
The purpose of the ACC is to regulate and maintain cabin temperature to what is set on the ACC display. Once that temp. is achieved, the blower will run at the lowest speed. The throw of air is immaterial as long as the desired temp. is achieved through the ACC.
fuel_addict is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2011, 14:16   #43
Senior - BHPian

re: BumbleBee: First Maruti Swift ZDI in Pune & Team-BHP EDIT: 20,000 km Update on Pg 12

This might be slightly OT, but I personally never had a problem with the AC (or ACC) in Maruti cars. The AC is more than a chiller. Try sitting in a Skoda and you would know what I mean.

Racerx: Hows the backseat comfort? Has it improved? Does one still get that claustrophobic feeling in the back? Let me try and rephrase my questions into one - Have you travelled in the back seat of your Bumblebee till now .
Old 7th September 2011, 14:33   #44
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuel_addict View Post
The purpose of the ACC is to regulate and maintain cabin temperature to what is set on the ACC display. Once that temp. is achieved, the blower will run at the lowest speed. The throw of air is immaterial as long as the desired temp. is achieved through the ACC.
Sure enough ACC does exactly what you've said. But in Delhi when temperature is consistently 40+ the power of the blower becomes critically important. Well in home AC there is a Quick Cool Mode in which the temperature is set to min (yeah, you can change the temp setting) and blower is set on maximum (you cannot change this setting). And it depends on the power of the blower how quickly it cools the room. This capacity varies according to make and model.

So let me rephrase my question. 1) Is the blower powerful enough to throw the droughts of cool air on the face of back seat passengers (in case of i20 I am told it is pathetic)? 2) How quickly the ACC makes rear seat passengers comfortable when the temperature is above 40 and car has been in sun for hours together?

Both the above questions are immaterial for front seat passenger in any car with decent AC. It is only when you are on the rear seat that the true mettle of any AC shows. Ask anyone from Delhi or Rajathan or Central India or even down south staying far from the seas.

Chill.
Old 7th September 2011, 14:34   #45
BHPian

re: BumbleBee: First Maruti Swift ZDI in Pune & Team-BHP EDIT: 20,000 km Update on Pg 12

Quote:
This might be slightly OT, but I personally never had a problem with the AC (or ACC) in Maruti cars. The AC is more than a chiller. Try sitting in a Skoda and you would know what I mean.

Racerx: Hows the backseat comfort? Has it improved? Does one still get that claustrophobic feeling in the back? Let me try and rephrase my questions into one - Have you travelled in the back seat of your Bumblebee till now .
Backseat?? What backseat??

Just once when I let my dad drive the car home from the dealer after the delivery

In the 5 miniute ride home (yes the dealer is 5 mins away from my place!) did not feel claustrophobic and the leg room has improved drastically!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks