Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2011, 20:06   #31
Team-BHP Support

Re: Chevy Beat D is here!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
I was there/with Jerish by 845ish.
We were there from around 10.30 to 1.30. Anif will post the details soon, I guess.

I just had a very short drive of his Beat D.

His bro got out of the car, I walked in, adjusted the seat and cranked the ignition to realise its already on! In reflex, I said sorry to Anif, and then i realised- wow- - its a diesel and i couldnt realise the engine was on! Huge first impresssion to start a drive with. NVH levels inside the car are very well controlled at idle.
Old 6th September 2011, 21:28   #32
BHPian

Did ICE phase 1 today , no pics right now as i'm in office, will start a thread on ICE tomorrow.

Done HU - Alpine CDE-100EUB & Front 4" - Rockford Fosgate R142 from Jerry's performance

Myself , bro ,my good friend & D-bhpian CrazyDriver were present

Didn't install Rear Ovals - RF R1693 as rear tray is not ready ,will do on 8th

First impression - for me front 4" is enough , sound quality is great and stand out ,surely will be in a different world when rear ovals are installed

I'm not much an ICE enthusiast ,but my bro is and that's why went for these

@ sujai - Like I said on few occasions even i had to press accelarator pedal to confirm the car is ON , happened because it was your first drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
@Crazybiker,

I guess I am too late in congratulating you but nevertheless Congratulations on the diesel ride. The colour looks absolutely fantastic on the car.

Happy mile crunching and drive safely.

I am sure you must mastered the art of reverse driving in that narrow lane, do you do it with the ORVM's or IRVM's or just look at the back like the rest of us.
Thanks Ghodlur

I do it with ORVM & IRVM and occasionally sticking my head out

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi2n View Post
Congratulations on your ride. I've been spotting Beat Ds very frequently here in Kolkata. Seems to be a pretty capable city dweller. Must be oozing of torque this little guy. I say so because last Sunday a Beat D passed me and vanished in no time zigzagging through city traffic.
Off-course as others have already mentioned, splendid choice of color.
It has got good low end torque ,also seeing the numbers i'm eagerly waiting for the Beat D sales result of last month

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Congrats Crazy

So what about ICE? And alloys ! And...tyres? What came as OE?

I too get confused; we know bikers are crazy and hence the name confuses!

I was there/with Jerish by 845ish.
Thank you truck driver

OEM tryes are Goodyear , no alloys for time being , only on tyre change

Read somewhere alloys for current tyre profile is not available

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
Congrats a ton Anif

She's a charm to look at, I always had a notion that this car could look good only in funky shades. Proven wrong point blank.

Let's hear more about the ICE'ing at Jerry's. I did see a teaser pic your brother shared on Jerry's profile. Nice picks.

Next thing in the list, rims I hope. Those OE steel ones are disastrous.

Drive safe, stay blessed!
Thanks vishnu

Alloys only on next tyre change

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinj12 View Post
Think its the first Beat D on the forum! Congrats, drive safe. Keep the thread updated on regular basis.
Thanks sachinj12 , i'm hoping to update the thread regularly

Last edited by crazybiker46 : 6th September 2011 at 21:33.
Old 6th September 2011, 22:26   #33
Senior - BHPian

Congrats! The new color looks smashing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazybiker46 View Post
I would say its 17-18 kpl ,yesterday evening after driving just 2 km i noticed 2 blocks have come down to 1 and reserve starts blinking

drove about 7 km on reserve to reach next pump and petrol pump attendant was pointing i'm at wrong place (diesel) and he was confused when i said its diesel
Please do a cutoff to cutoff method FE check.(you dont really have to wait till the tank is emply to fillup if you wish).

Counting bars is not at all accurate. Numbers are eagerly awaited.
Old 9th September 2011, 15:56   #34
BHPian

Congratulations on your new purchase! The car looks very good in the pics taken outside the showroom. Will be keen to follow this as a long term ownership report.

Wishing you safe driving and a hassle free ownership
Old 11th September 2011, 14:16   #35
BHPian

Re: Chevy Beat Diesel is here!!!!

Hi,

The car is looking great! Great choice with the color

Any plans on the ICE? [edit: oops found out from the last post! Pls post pics of it!]

Pls post pictures of the interior
Old 11th September 2011, 18:41   #36
e46
BHPian

COngrats CB46. looks like you are a Rossi/Yamy fan.

Would appreciate if you post some interior pics of ur Beat LS.

Abhishek
Old 11th September 2011, 22:07   #37
BHPian

Just saw this thread! the car looks smashing in that color. Great to hear about the refinement of the Beat D. Happy motoring!

With regards to what you feel as inadequate braking, I don't want to sound preachy but it might be a case of the car being too fast! Maybe the great low end torque (being a diesel) need some time getting used to. Try different positions of the throttle and see what happens. Basically get more used to gear/throttle etc.
Old 11th September 2011, 22:52   #38
BHPian

FE figures after 1 day of city and 1 day of highway driving

Filled in diesel for 1000 rs - 22.45 litres

Distance covered - 390 km

AC on - 75%

FE - 17.37kpl

hope this figure improves after couple of services as i read Beat petrol had mileage of 12-13 kpl initially which is now 18-19kpl

Highway performance

Madurai trip didn't happen , so went for a 250 km trip to hometown

0-100kph is quick 5th gear 3000rpm , but after that engine runs out of breath and needle would move if you try hard , didn't tried

Did OTR on kerala byroads, had fear of scraping bottom but came out successfully

Had my first scratch,its on Right ORVM,don't know how it happened :(

Some Pics i would like to share

Chevy Beat Diesel is here!!!!-img_49801.jpg

Chevy Beat Diesel is here!!!!-img_49842.jpg

Chevy Beat Diesel is here!!!!-img_49293.jpg

Chevy Beat Diesel is here!!!!-img_49944.jpg

Chevy Beat Diesel is here!!!!-img_49325.jpg

Chevy Beat Diesel is here!!!!-img_49656.jpg

Chevy Beat Diesel is here!!!!-img_49357.jpg

Interior Pics

Chevy Beat Diesel is here!!!!-img_50188.jpg

Chevy Beat Diesel is here!!!!-img_50159.jpg

Chevy Beat Diesel is here!!!!-img_494410.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Congrats! The new color looks smashing.

Please do a cutoff to cutoff method FE check.(you dont really have to wait till the tank is emply to fillup if you wish).

Counting bars is not at all accurate. Numbers are eagerly awaited.
Thanks Mpower

Would like to try out cutoff to cutoff FE check , but i'm more of a Rs500 top up guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDIS View Post
Congratulations on your new purchase! The car looks very good in the pics taken outside the showroom. Will be keen to follow this as a long term ownership report.

Wishing you safe driving and a hassle free ownership
Thanks DDIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Games Goblin View Post
Hi,

The car is looking great! Great choice with the color

Any plans on the ICE? [edit: oops found out from the last post! Pls post pics of it!]

Pls post pictures of the interior
Thanks Games Goblin

I'm getting confused about ICE , thinking of ditching rear ovals and go for a subwoofer as front fills are excellent

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46 View Post
COngrats CB46. looks like you are a Rossi/Yamy fan.

Would appreciate if you post some interior pics of ur Beat LS.

Abhishek
thanks e46 , yep i'm a Rossi fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by carZest View Post
Just saw this thread! the car looks smashing in that color. Great to hear about the refinement of the Beat D. Happy motoring!

With regards to what you feel as inadequate braking, I don't want to sound preachy but it might be a case of the car being too fast! Maybe the great low end torque (being a diesel) need some time getting used to. Try different positions of the throttle and see what happens. Basically get more used to gear/throttle etc.
Thanks carZest

After driving the car outside city it felt like braking is adequate and low end torque is indeed making car fast
crazybiker46 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2011, 00:08   #39
BHPian

Quote:
FE figures after 1 day of city and 1 day of highway driving
Filled in diesel for 1000 rs - 22.45 litres
Distance covered - 390 km
AC on - 75%
FE - 17.37kpl
hope this figure improves after couple of services as i read Beat petrol had mileage of 12-13 kpl initially which is now 18-19kpl
Would like to try out cutoff to cutoff FE check , but i'm more of a Rs500 top up guy
Without auto cut-off method, it will be difficult for you to find out the actual FE.
You need a full tank up to auto cut-off only once and then note down and reset the trip meter reading. Then from next time onwards you can continue filling after consuming 500 worth fuel, but ensure every time you fill up to the cut-off.
In other words, you can change your Rs500 logic to - topping up to auto cut-off every ~200kms.

Last edited by salbin : 12th September 2011 at 00:10. Reason: edit
Old 12th September 2011, 00:45   #40
BHPian

Better late than never, congrats on your purchase. Was looking for beat D ownership report since the official test thread didn't had any updates for pretty long period. Since i am also in process of finalizing a budget diesel car your experience and updates will really help.

Happy trouble free miles munching with your small beast ( i hope it doesn't offends you since i always see beat as lovable beast specially after watching transformers).
Old 12th September 2011, 20:02   #41
BHPian

hey crazybiker,

thanks for sharing the pics! The 3rd pic is too good - shows off the sand-drift color to the best effect.

Just a small suggestion on my part - if you change the B-pillar color to black, it would look good.

Also, how much does it cost to fit the foglamps?
Old 16th September 2011, 14:23   #42
BHPian

Hey crazybiker,

CONGRATULATIONS on your cool drive, (better late than never).
I was searching the forums for quiet some time to find a beat TDCI and I happened to see you thread just now.

Very interesting pics and a lovely way of putting your experience in words.

I am also looking at a 5L diesel hatch and have shortlisted the Beat LS and Vista LS TDI, (its the maximum i can stretch as of now).

I am eagerly looking forward to reading your long drive experience and your comments on beats' highway performance
- how difficult was it to go on a long drive / trip (I will be driving to Hyderabad from Bangalore twice a month and may be traveling to Chennai / Mysore once a month).
- how difficult was it to overtake vehicles on the highway.
- how difficult was it to cruise at 100 - 120 kmph
- what is the mileage if we were to cruise at above mentioned speeds

I'm very sure that this is an excellent choice for city driving, however I have my doubts on its highway capabilities. Hoping for someone to prove me wrong.

Thanking you and other members for their valuable inputs and comments.

- CT
Old 17th September 2011, 15:28   #43
BHPian

Had planned to go out with car on a trip, thanks to Harthal everything is spoiled and i'm sitting at home changing channels

Quote:
Originally Posted by salbin View Post
Without auto cut-off method, it will be difficult for you to find out the actual FE.
You need a full tank up to auto cut-off only once and then note down and reset the trip meter reading. Then from next time onwards you can continue filling after consuming 500 worth fuel, but ensure every time you fill up to the cut-off.
In other words, you can change your Rs500 logic to - topping up to auto cut-off every ~200kms.
This should work.but i'm planning to do it after first checkup at 1000km

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoweirdo View Post
Better late than never, congrats on your purchase. Was looking for beat D ownership report since the official test thread didn't had any updates for pretty long period. Since i am also in process of finalizing a budget diesel car your experience and updates will really help.

Happy trouble free miles munching with your small beast ( i hope it doesn't offends you since i always see beat as lovable beast specially after watching transformers).
thanks autoweirdo , i'm looking forward to put transformers logo on sides as a tribute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Games Goblin View Post
hey crazybiker,

thanks for sharing the pics! The 3rd pic is too good - shows off the sand-drift color to the best effect.

Just a small suggestion on my part - if you change the B-pillar color to black, it would look good.

Also, how much does it cost to fit the foglamps?
Black pillars is coming soon,didn't get time to visit the shop yet

OEM foglamps costs 8500, however aftermarket fog lamps costs around 3k

Quote:
Originally Posted by tckanth View Post
Hey crazybiker,

CONGRATULATIONS on your cool drive, (better late than never).
I was searching the forums for quiet some time to find a beat TDCI and I happened to see you thread just now.

Very interesting pics and a lovely way of putting your experience in words.

I am also looking at a 5L diesel hatch and have shortlisted the Beat LS and Vista LS TDI, (its the maximum i can stretch as of now).

I am eagerly looking forward to reading your long drive experience and your comments on beats' highway performance
- how difficult was it to go on a long drive / trip (I will be driving to Hyderabad from Bangalore twice a month and may be traveling to Chennai / Mysore once a month).
- how difficult was it to overtake vehicles on the highway.
- how difficult was it to cruise at 100 - 120 kmph
- what is the mileage if we were to cruise at above mentioned speeds

I'm very sure that this is an excellent choice for city driving, however I have my doubts on its highway capabilities. Hoping for someone to prove me wrong.

Thanking you and other members for their valuable inputs and comments.

- CT
Thanks tckanth

Beat is excellent for city use as low end torque helps and its getting better everyday , but on highway its difficult from my experience so far and since my car is new i haven't ventured into top speed adventures

Being in Kerala ,there is hardly any road to cruise at 100+ speeds and so Beat suits my bill perfectly

As you will be travelling on highways a lot i think Vista TDi suits better - better space,bigger boot and more features when compared to Beat

Hope other members can pour in their suggestions if you start a thread rather than hijacking this thread

Last edited by crazybiker46 : 17th September 2011 at 15:32.
Old 17th September 2011, 21:55   #44
BHPian

Belated wishes on your Beat D. Looks good in that grey color. With the recent petrol hike burning a not-so-small hole in our wallets, I have to say you made a smart choice there.

Congrats again and drive safe.
Old 17th September 2011, 23:44   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks tckanth

Beat is excellent for city use as low end torque helps and its getting better everyday , but on highway its difficult from my experience so far and since my car is new i haven't ventured into top speed adventures

Being in Kerala ,there is hardly any road to cruise at 100+ speeds and so Beat suits my bill perfectly

As you will be travelling on highways a lot i think Vista TDi suits better - better space,bigger boot and more features when compared to Beat

Hope other members can pour in their suggestions if you start a thread rather than hijacking this thread
Thanks a lot sir, and my humble apologies, hijacking your thread was not my intention .
I was wanted your inputs primarily (and was also hoping maybe you might have also considered vista and hence would be the right person to ask for suggestions).

Thanks a lot again and CONGRATULATIONS.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks