Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2011, 07:19   #61
BHPian

Re: Chevy Beat Diesel is here!!!!

@crazybiker46 - Its a nice car - congrats ! - i hope you have a good ownership experience. BTW - it would be nice if you could post some pictures of the interiors. I have always liked the Beat for its funky interiors. Also, you might want to check out - some of the earlier Beats needed a retune on their ECUs as the pickup wasnt that good (a friend of mine who has a petrol beat has done this since he experienced the problem).

All the best with your new addition!
motorguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2011, 21:59   #62
BHPian

Did 1000km/ 1 month checkup today

Car is more responsive (feels like the 2 TD cars i had driven)

Clutch seems to be lighter , pickup has improved but engine noise has changed and seems to be louder

From what i have observed in Beat D ownership thread mileage is 17 kpl in city and i asked service person about the claimed 24kpl , he said should definitely improve in coming days

Will be doing tankful method tomorrow to find accurate FE figures

Remaining ICE Pics - I had asked for tray with spacers leaning towards front,But this is the tray i got ,have the option of adding spacers ,didn't got time to visit jerry's yet

Chevy Beat Diesel is here!!!!-img_5058.jpg

Chevy Beat Diesel is here!!!!-img_5059.jpg

Chevy Beat Diesel is here!!!!-img_5119.jpg

Chevy Beat Diesel is here!!!!-img_5121.jpg

Chevy Beat Diesel is here!!!!-img_5122.jpg

Some photography skills tested, apologies for no interior pics

Chevy Beat Diesel is here!!!!-img_5069.jpg

Chevy Beat Diesel is here!!!!-img_5064.jpg

My parking lot,actually my colleague's,he is not in my shift

This is the main reason i love to take my brand new car to office,otherwise its a fight for a gap in open parking lot and scratches are free , my M800 and Unicorn have plenty of them

Chevy Beat Diesel is here!!!!-img_5060.jpg

Last edited by crazybiker46 : 30th September 2011 at 22:02.
Old 1st October 2011, 21:47   #63
BHPian

1000 km up on 30th day

Chevy Beat Diesel is here!!!!-img_5141.jpg
Old 15th October 2011, 18:52   #64
BHPian

I finally got my Beat in Sandrift grey! And yes you were right, the sales guy was confused with the petrol LS variant, the diesel comes with the Silver accents. Would've never opted for LS if it hadn't been the case. Got only 4 freebies(remote locking, sun film , Reverse Parking sensors and mudflaps), but I guess they won't give too many freebies with diesels.

I am planning to put my ICE in the coming week; after so much research and hearing opinions, have mostly decided to go with the same set of speakers you have . And a Kenwood KDC U7046BT head unit (the bluetooth feature is something new that I would like to have in my new car and Alpines' illumination colors didn't match the Beat interior lighting--blue).
I was thinking bout Morels but dealer said that he doesn't source those and JL Audio 4"'s are out of stock. So thought I'd go with Hertz Energy in the front and JL 6 x 9 at the back. But my dealer had fit the Rockfords in a Santro last week and was very impressed with the output. Will give them a listen on Monday and decide.
I'm guessing you'd have enough experience to tell me about the Rockfords. Could you please tell me how the speakers are, so far? and How the clarity and output from the 4" in front is?

Many thanks!
Old 16th October 2011, 19:03   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselat View Post
I finally got my Beat in Sandrift grey! And yes you were right, the sales guy was confused with the petrol LS variant, the diesel comes with the Silver accents. Would've never opted for LS if it hadn't been the case. Got only 4 freebies(remote locking, sun film , Reverse Parking sensors and mudflaps), but I guess they won't give too many freebies with diesels.

I am planning to put my ICE in the coming week; after so much research and hearing opinions, have mostly decided to go with the same set of speakers you have . And a Kenwood KDC U7046BT head unit (the bluetooth feature is something new that I would like to have in my new car and Alpines' illumination colors didn't match the Beat interior lighting--blue).
I was thinking bout Morels but dealer said that he doesn't source those and JL Audio 4"'s are out of stock. So thought I'd go with Hertz Energy in the front and JL 6 x 9 at the back. But my dealer had fit the Rockfords in a Santro last week and was very impressed with the output. Will give them a listen on Monday and decide.
I'm guessing you'd have enough experience to tell me about the Rockfords. Could you please tell me how the speakers are, so far? and How the clarity and output from the 4" in front is?

Many thanks!

Congrats on your BeatD dieselat!!!

Freebies you got are worth,don't be greedy

Kenwood KDC U7046BT is a looker ,it's good although i haven't tested or researched about it , in my case the first thing i finalized was HU should be Alpine so didn't checked out other brands

RF R142 is one of the best 4" i have heard , the clarity and output from the 4" in front is superb for me , vocals are perfect and i love hearing Shreya ghosal songs repeatedly with front 4" alone

Sound quality & clarity are so great that my friends have realized there are minute sounds in the song's music even though they have heard the same song 100 times

Ideal setting suggested to me was RF front 4" and a sub as the perfect fit,there was an ikon done with similar setting at my installer's shop and owner was satisfied

After the installing rear 6x9 ovals, set fader with more focus on rear for bass but i was disappointed at the output as front 4" was not heard ,then found ideal setting with fader at Rear-3 so that sound and vocals are from front 4" and just tight bass from rear

Normal volume i hear is 16-17 and even at high volumes 22-25 there is no distortion,but with rear passengers you can't go high volumes as there are vibrations on rear seat

I would suggest you should take a look at Auditor too,its also good and my friend had put rear ovals from Auditor on U-VA and he is happy

initially i was also planning to go for hertz 4" but it was not available readily And read somewhere in t-bhp that and we have to make adjustments for hertz 4" to fit perfectly in the slot with OE covers above it

Morel is one of the brands that i recently came to know and going through forums it seems like Morel has become favorite for ICE enthusiasts . Need to check out Morel on jk's Truck to see how good it is

Last edited by crazybiker46 : 16th October 2011 at 19:10.
Old 16th October 2011, 19:31   #66
Distinguished - BHPian

That's some nice pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazybiker46 View Post
Did 1000km/ 1 month checkup today

From what i have observed in Beat D ownership thread mileage is 17 kpl in city and i asked service person about the claimed 24kpl , he said should definitely improve in coming days
I doubt whether you will get 24 kmpl in city, that should be possible on a highway trip. And 17 kmpl sounds quite good for a city drive.
Old 19th October 2011, 15:34   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats on your BeatD dieselat!!!

Freebies you got are worth,don't be greedy

Kenwood KDC U7046BT is a looker ,it's good although i haven't tested or researched about it , in my case the first thing i finalized was HU should be Alpine so didn't checked out other brands

RF R142 is one of the best 4" i have heard , the clarity and output from the 4" in front is superb for me , vocals are perfect and i love hearing Shreya ghosal songs repeatedly with front 4" alone

Sound quality & clarity are so great that my friends have realized there are minute sounds in the song's music even though they have heard the same song 100 times

Ideal setting suggested to me was RF front 4" and a sub as the perfect fit,there was an ikon done with similar setting at my installer's shop and owner was satisfied

After the installing rear 6x9 ovals, set fader with more focus on rear for bass but i was disappointed at the output as front 4" was not heard ,then found ideal setting with fader at Rear-3 so that sound and vocals are from front 4" and just tight bass from rear

Normal volume i hear is 16-17 and even at high volumes 22-25 there is no distortion,but with rear passengers you can't go high volumes as there are vibrations on rear seat

I would suggest you should take a look at Auditor too,its also good and my friend had put rear ovals from Auditor on U-VA and he is happy

initially i was also planning to go for hertz 4" but it was not available readily And read somewhere in t-bhp that and we have to make adjustments for hertz 4" to fit perfectly in the slot with OE covers above it

Morel is one of the brands that i recently came to know and going through forums it seems like Morel has become favorite for ICE enthusiasts . Need to check out Morel on jk's Truck to see how good it is
Thank you!

Morels are really good speakers. Only the sourcing of the right set and warranty may be a bit of an issue. But they are worth it if you want good sound. And obviously, they are quite pricey!

I am planning to go for the RF's but there is one set of 4" from Boston Acoustics (PRO series) - components- which are really pricey! Not sure if I can spend that much and plus I haven't heard them yet. And to check the cost of the front comps, I may have to settle with RF R1693's at the back instead of the JL TR 6 X9's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
That's some nice pics.

I doubt whether you will get 24 kmpl in city, that should be possible on a highway trip. And 17 kmpl sounds quite good for a city drive.
Considering the marketing they're doing claiming 22 in city and 26 in highway. Many would expect at least 20 in city if one drives with a light foot. 17 is not at all impressive considering the Swift,Vista etc., give 17ish in the city (with AC 75%). Chevy removed one cylinder from those engines with the main intention being improved mileage, making it a 1L.
Expecting 20+ kmpl would be going through any Beat D owner's mind.
Old 15th November 2011, 12:17   #68
BHPian

Updating thread after a long time

Completed 2500km , mostly in city traffic

Highway trips are not happening due to work and other engagements

mileage figures are touching 19-20kpl (50% AC) in city driving post first checkup

Looking for seat covers for past 2 weeks still couldn't get the color i was searching

i was planning to put a color similar to terracotta color seen in BMWs for mine too , sadly all shops have the color in their booklet and when it comes to confirming they donot have it

Don't want beige , Will be forced to settle with black red combo as i want to finish it this week itself

Last edited by crazybiker46 : 15th November 2011 at 12:23.
Old 15th November 2011, 15:55   #69
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
mileage figures are touching 19-20kpl (50% AC) in city driving post first checkup

i was planning to put a color similar to terracotta color seen in BMWs for mine too ,
That's some nice FE figures. So do you mean to say that the traffic is bumper-bumper?

Also for seat covers, you should try some place where you could customize the seat covers. Give them the combination you want & they could make it for you.
Old 15th November 2011, 17:55   #70
BANNED

A Little over 1250Kms of a mix of Highway and Metro driving directs me to state as follows.
1)Steering Wheel is extremely Light and easy to manoeuvre.
2)FE is remarkable, clocked 21.6Km/l Full Tank to Full Tank.
3)A/C Cool and very effective even in slow moving traffic(courtsey Diesel Power)
4)Very peppy on low rpms First and Second Gear.
5)Apt for Metro's like Delhi where parking woes are increasing every day.

It's been a Good Choice BHPIAN's
Old 15th November 2011, 21:06   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
That's some nice FE figures. So do you mean to say that the traffic is bumper-bumper?

Also for seat covers, you should try some place where you could customize the seat covers. Give them the combination you want & they could make it for you.
total of 25 km daily ,since i'm working in 6AM-3PM shift , morning drive will be flat out without AC and return will be slightly bumper to bumper traffic(3.30 school timing) with AC

flatout drive does spoil FE figures

Finalized on seat cover just now as they managed to get the color i wanted, the name of seat cover material is florence

Quoted cost 4k and expecting 200-300 rs. discount as colleague's friend works there

I didn't went for G-sport or other better material as i expect to change cover in 2 years

Will be doing tomorrow afternoon from Power House Pattom , Trivandrum

Its a little bit of experiment , hope the color i choose looks good

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapursaket View Post
A Little over 1250Kms of a mix of Highway and Metro driving directs me to state as follows.
1)Steering Wheel is extremely Light and easy to manoeuvre.
2)FE is remarkable, clocked 21.6Km/l Full Tank to Full Tank.
3)A/C Cool and very effective even in slow moving traffic(courtsey Diesel Power)
4)Very peppy on low rpms First and Second Gear.
5)Apt for Metro's like Delhi where parking woes are increasing every day.

It's been a Good Choice BHPIAN's
very true i haven't felt a loss of power when AC is switched on

Very good at low rpms and even when shifting to 3rd gear car moves freely and gently without jerking when clutch is released without pressing accelarator

Last edited by crazybiker46 : 15th November 2011 at 21:08.
Old 15th November 2011, 21:10   #72
BHPian

Hi all,

Planning to suggest this car to my friend in chennai. He quoted it is around 6.5 lakh in chennai for the diesel variant . Couple of clarifications

1. What's the FE assuming most of the time it is driven in bumper to bumper traffic
2. How's the car performing ?
3. How is the interiors and controls?

What's the VFM for the beat?
Old 16th November 2011, 10:06   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Updating thread after a long time

Completed 2500km , mostly in city traffic

i was planning to put a color similar to terracotta color seen in BMWs for mine too , sadly all shops have the color in their booklet and when it comes to confirming they donot have it

Don't want beige , Will be forced to settle with black red combo as i want to finish it this week itself
You should have checked my Safari's seat cover

Do ping me one eve after you worktime so that we can meet. Wanna checkout your car.
Old 16th November 2011, 11:13   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind84 View Post
Hi all,

Planning to suggest this car to my friend in chennai. He quoted it is around 6.5 lakh in chennai for the diesel variant . Couple of clarifications

1. What's the FE assuming most of the time it is driven in bumper to bumper traffic
2. How's the car performing ?
3. How is the interiors and controls?

What's the VFM for the beat?
as per comments from Beat D owners in Bangalore,FE in B2B traffic seems to be around 16

Car is quick to drive in city traffic,the low end torque helps and eps helps to drive in city quite easliy
100kph is achieved before you expect but beyond that its hard work , maximum for me is 106 kph ,measured via GPS speed view android app

Interiors are all black and in rear it gives a clauclaustrophobic feeling but blue lighting is cool!!

Seating is low and visibility is not good as in same segment cars but one can adjust after sometime

VFM - i would say mileage and cheapest diesel if you don't care about power and engine noise

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
You should have checked my Safari's seat cover

Do ping me one eve after you worktime so that we can meet. Wanna checkout your car.
The colour i choose is similar to safari's seat cover , hope it looks good

Sure , will ping you
Old 17th November 2011, 19:56   #75
BHPian

Finally manage to put on seat covers today

Just back from shop .Took 3 hours, finish is good and better than i expected

customers present there was asking about the seat color choice and checking out my car Also shop owner was impressed by ICE.

Only problem faced was alignment of seat cover in rear "40" split seat and tried quite a few times to rectify but couldn't succeed

expecting comments and criticisms

Will post daylight pics soon

Chevy Beat Diesel is here!!!!-img_5376.jpg

Chevy Beat Diesel is here!!!!-img_5377.jpg

See the stitch alignment near the seat belt

Chevy Beat Diesel is here!!!!-img_5379.jpg

Chevy Beat Diesel is here!!!!-img_5380.jpg

Most Viewed