Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2011, 20:05   #76
BHPian

Re: Chevy Beat Diesel is here!!!!

Guys i'm looking to put shark fin antenna at stock location of my beat ,will it fit the stock location

has anyone tried out?

Going by the response to my seat cover post , i guess no liked the colour

maybe its because of night pics with flash, the colour looks great in daylight
Old 23rd November 2011, 00:37   #77
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazybiker46 View Post
Going by the response to my seat cover post , i guess no liked the colour

maybe its because of night pics with flash, the colour looks great in daylight
Colour looks good, but need to see daylight pics! I have a feeling it will look much better in daylight pics.

BUT - the fit and finish, atleast in pics looks average/bad in some places! Too loose! Which showroom did the installation?
Old 23rd November 2011, 21:14   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Colour looks good, but need to see daylight pics! I have a feeling it will look much better in daylight pics.

BUT - the fit and finish, atleast in pics looks average/bad in some places! Too loose! Which showroom did the installation?
Yes sujai, many of our friends have said they will reserve the comments until they see it in real

I took some daylight pics but pics are not doing proper justice

I wasn't expecting great quality fit and finish , but it was average

Its not loose but too tight in some places which gave the loose impression, i was with the installer and tried to make things perfect but it came to a stage that if i try more the cover will get torn or damaged , so ecided to live up with this

Seat cover was done from Power House, pattom

Some daylight pics

Chevy Beat Diesel is here!!!!-img_5429.jpg

Chevy Beat Diesel is here!!!!-img_5431.jpg

Chevy Beat Diesel is here!!!!-img_5432.jpg

Chevy Beat Diesel is here!!!!-img_5434.jpg

Chevy Beat Diesel is here!!!!-img_5444.jpg
Old 23rd November 2011, 21:40   #79
BHPian

The seat covers look of very good quality. Any updates on mileage on highway without AC?

Any issues that you have faced?
Old 24th November 2011, 12:15   #80
BHPian

The seat covers look great! Both colour and quality
Looks snugly fit on the seats!
has it been stitched to the seat in the centre portions??
Old 26th November 2011, 00:33   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Beat View Post
The seat covers look of very good quality. Any updates on mileage on highway without AC?

Any issues that you have faced?
My car is mostly on city roads so can't comment on highway mileage

I'm getting 19kpl in city , kinda free moving traffic at sedate speeds

So far no issues but post seat cover installations i'm hearing noises due to loose washers/screws in front seats , resolved in one seat but still hearing on driver seat , need to find out the source

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto freak View Post
The seat covers look great! Both colour and quality
Looks snugly fit on the seats!
has it been stitched to the seat in the centre portions??
No its not stitched , its been held in centre using clips
Old 6th December 2011, 20:56   #82
BHPian

Update on highway mileage

Did 600 kms of highway driving over past two days (early morning drive was great with speeds of 80-100 kph while return was at an average of 40 kph)

On day 1 took 1 hour 15 minutes to reach kayamkulam(100 km from home) in morning while return took 2.5 hours, thanks to busy NH 47

Calculated mileage figures came to 20.8 kpl

Post seat cover installation , the co-passenger seat screws become loose and started producing irritating noise when driven alone, tried to tighten them but still sound was persisting

With limited space at home to keep all doors open, couldn't find out which one is loose, so took to service centre to tighten all screws (wanted to know if driver seat screws are also loose)

Got proof that my thread is read by someone

While at service centre , 2 people (father and son) came towards me and asked if i'm in team-bhp ,they said they had read my thread and it has helped them in buying decision. they were at showroom for payment (LS model)
Old 25th December 2011, 22:50   #83
BHPian

In the earlier post i mentioned time taken to cover 100km as 1hour 15 minutes, no i'm not schumacher

its actually 1hour 45 minutes , a typo i just noticed

So far my car has done 3700 km and my target of 900km / month has been achieved

Mileage figures have an average of 20 kpl on highway and 17 kpl in city

Today went for a drive to Ponmudi (1100m above sea level)
The road to ponmudi have 22 hairpin bends,wanted to know the response of the car on these type of roads and happiest part was i needed to use clutch only on few occasions

Last year when i went to Munnar on my friend's i10 , he was worried about burnt clutch due to excessive usage

The intellidrive technology is so good that car was able to climb the roads smoothly but slowly, sometimes you can take foot off accelerator pedal too and car would climb smooth and slowly just like in bumper to bumper traffic (i usually demonstrate this feature to friends in bumper to bumper traffic on slight inclines)

Tried to conquer a hairpin with turbo kick ,was good and it did put a smile on my face, Didn't tried any further as it was stupid to do something risky on narrow roads

The return trip was fully on neutral for almost 20kms (hairpin bends) and i guess it would improve kpl figures

Some pics of Beat at ponmudi

Chevy Beat Diesel is here!!!!-img_6264.jpg

Chevy Beat Diesel is here!!!!-img_6267.jpg

Last edited by crazybiker46 : 25th December 2011 at 22:54.
Old 25th December 2011, 23:48   #84
Senior - BHPian

I had an opportunity to touch and feel the idle NVH of the Beat diesel at the service center. Too good that it even betters the petrol Beat in terms of idle vibrations. The difference is only in visibility - the diesel engine vibrates heavily in sight but nothing of that is transferred to the body.

Great FE the Beat diesel is returning, but it is nowhere near to the FE got by the Micra diesel (at least in our forum) or near the iCAT claimed 24 kmpl. Have you inquired with fellow owners at the service center for their FE? Are all Beat diesels returning similar FE?

Quote:
The return trip was fully on neutral for almost 20kms (hairpin bends) and i guess it would improve kpl figures
I'm wondering whether coasting in gear would have fetched you better FE than in neutral. Ref: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post2400868. Moreover, coasting downhill in neutral is not only unsafe (as you are loosing the control of the car) but also a costly (your brakes get worn out faster) affair.
Old 26th December 2011, 14:46   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
Great FE the Beat diesel is returning, but it is nowhere near to the FE got by the Micra diesel (at least in our forum) or near the iCAT claimed 24 kmpl. Have you inquired with fellow owners at the service center for their FE? Are all Beat diesels returning similar FE? I'm wondering whether coasting in gear would have fetched you better FE than in neutral. Ref: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post2400868. Moreover, coasting downhill in neutral is not only unsafe (as you are loosing the control of the car) but also a costly (your brakes get worn out faster) affair.
I see lots of Beat Diesels on road , but still didn't got a chance to talk with anyone

From other ownership experience threads , the mileage figures are similar

Engine was kept running while going downhill and i guess fuel burnt will be in a similar state of idiling , Braking was same as one would do while driving in gear and i was able to shift into gears smoothly twice when uphills came

Driving with clutch pressed will make fuel will cutoff after sometime though but i felt depressing the clutch would make the car jerk/sudden loss of inertia

Also i read in Tata Manza mileage record thread ,the owner drove car in neutral on downhills that improved kpl figures

Last edited by crazybiker46 : 26th December 2011 at 14:48.
Old 27th December 2011, 06:28   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Engine was kept running while going downhill and i guess fuel burnt will be in a similar state of idiling , Braking was same as one would do while driving in gear and i was able to shift into gears smoothly twice when uphills came

Driving with clutch pressed will make fuel will cutoff after sometime though but i felt depressing the clutch would make the car jerk/sudden loss of inertia
I think I have confused you. Coasting in general mean driving without engine power or rather driving in neutral. What I meant by coasting in-gear should be read as driving in-gear where we utilize the engine braking (also called overrun). That is, when we descent a hill, rather than putting the vehicle in neutral and applying the brakes for most of the time, put the car in a lower gear, say in 3rd or 2nd, where we can reduce the use of brakes and utilize more of engine braking (even though the engine is at higher RPM, since the engine is driven by the inertia of the vehicle, the fuel is completely cut off than when you idle the engine). The thread I've given contains some good posts on why in modern cars, coasting in neutral burns more fuel than driving in gear.
Old 9th February 2012, 12:17   #87
BHPian

Did 5k service yesterday , nothing special just inspection of all parts

15k or 1.5 year service can be called as real service , donno why Chevy insist on regular 5k service

5000km on odo took 5 months and 5 days

Chevy Beat Diesel is here!!!!-5k.jpg

My expectation was 900km per month when i bought the car ,has been varying every month . December recorded highest odo of 1800km

Update on mileage figures

last week did a kanyakumari trip via bye-roads instead of taking the busy and narrow NH47

214kms for 500 rs of diesel - 19.1kpl

route was suggested by my colleague who resides at Kerala-TN border , was able to maintain consistent speeds but had speed breakers in the form of gutters every 1-2km ,flew thru many of them The suspension did a good job for me but rear passengers were complaining . Also made suspension checked at 5k service

The road was part of NH byepass project from KK to tvm which was abandoned post Tsunami

Worst FE figures recorded - City traffic with 100%AC gave me 15 kpl last month

Couple of pics of beat at Kappil where beach meets lagoon

Car is at same location in both pics

Chevy Beat Diesel is here!!!!-img_6486.jpg

Chevy Beat Diesel is here!!!!-img_6490.jpg

Last edited by crazybiker46 : 9th February 2012 at 12:19.
crazybiker46 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2012, 11:45   #88
BHPian

In the 6th month of ownership

Odo stands at 6273 km today

Due to drainage works happening on the street where I live , daily commute by car has almost stopped. My car is parked at Uncle's house 3 km away

Did a TVM-Kochi drive last sunday to attend a colleague's wedding

Got a Mileage of 21.92 kpl via tankful method with 60% AC , the best mileage figures I have got yet

Drive from TVM to Kochi was alone while in return trip car was fully loaded

Top speed achieved was 125 kph (5th gear 3500 rpm) and at that speed engine noise is very much audible inside even with music on

As usual EPS and turning radius came in handy for negotiating narrow lanes in alappuzha to find my way to beach and also in heavy traffic where you can change lines and move into gaps precisely
crazybiker46 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2012, 13:00   #89
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
In the earlier post i mentioned time taken to cover 100km as 1hour 15 minutes, no i'm not schumacher

its actually 1hour 45 minutes , a typo i just noticed

So far my car has done 3700 km and my target of 900km / month has been achieved

Mileage figures have an average of 20 kpl on highway and 17 kpl in city

Today went for a drive to Ponmudi (1100m above sea level)
The road to ponmudi have 22 hairpin bends,wanted to know the response of the car on these type of roads and happiest part was i needed to use clutch only on few occasions

Last year when i went to Munnar on my friend's i10 , he was worried about burnt clutch due to excessive usage

The intellidrive technology is so good that car was able to climb the roads smoothly but slowly, sometimes you can take foot off accelerator pedal too and car would climb smooth and slowly just like in bumper to bumper traffic (i usually demonstrate this feature to friends in bumper to bumper traffic on slight inclines)

Tried to conquer a hairpin with turbo kick ,was good and it did put a smile on my face, Didn't tried any further as it was stupid to do something risky on narrow roads

Some pics of Beat at ponmudi

Attachment 860568

Attachment 860569
The first pic is just too good. Somehow missed that post till now. If only that electric line was not there!

Return trip in full neutral was a very bad idea. Glad you didnt fry your wheelcaps. I guess they are not fastened to the centrebolts of the wheel.

I once tried this in our old M800. After sometime - saw one wheelcap overtaking us and rolling ahead. Without engine braking - the front discs had become red hot (It had become red!) and the plastic wheelcap melted off from its fasteners.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks