Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2011, 11:06   #16
BHPian

Re: Suzuki Swift ZDI- 2011.

Congrats beejay. Its wonderful to see a BHPian out with his own version of the Swift review in the absence of an official one. Your car looks awesome. I wish you has posted some pictures of the alloys too. I have booked the white ZDi too. And your pictures are very encouraging.

Can you share with us your impressions on the build quality so far? Any squeaks, rattles? I know its too premature to ask.

The high loading point of the boot is a concern but the boot looks much bigger in the picture you have posted. Could be an illusion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashok_lat View Post
Congrats on your new drive.

A few Questions for you.

1. How is the A/C performance compared to other Cars in segment(I don't think it comes with rear A/C Vents)?
2. I heard the old swift use to scrap its under-body in bumps. How different is new Swift?
No rear A/C vents. Old Swift never really had scrapping problems. The suspension setup was on the stiffer side and I believe the same has been retained in the new one with minor tweaks. I am hoping that the increased wheelbase will not cause under body scrapping.

Last edited by fuel_addict : 6th September 2011 at 11:09.
fuel_addict is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2011, 11:12   #17
BHPian

Re: My Suzuki Swift ZDI - 2011

Hey Beejay, congrats on acquiring the ANSS.

I have also booked the VDi and am supposed to get it by the end of this month but it looks like a distant possibility.

I think the two lights on the tail gate are for illuminating the number plate but I guess they also play an added role of lighting up the boot closing handle.

What you say about the interiors is absolutely correct and it sure is a great place to be in. However, I feel the glove box design is a bit odd since it opens downwards and if a passenger is occupying the seat, then it won't open completely as his/her legs get in the way. Experienced it during the test drive.

Also looks like that metallic white is the only color people want the swift in. Had gone to the dealer for an update and saw that he had four swifts (VDi) ready for delivery. All in White.

Anyways, eagerly waiting for more updates as you cover more kilometers.
Old 6th September 2011, 11:26   #18
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on getting your white beauty. Looks absolutely stunning.
The only missing feature is Bluetooth and the corresponding controls on the steering. Please post some pictures of the alloys. How are the stock headlights and horn?
Have many more happy and safe miles with it.
Old 6th September 2011, 11:34   #19
BHPian

Congrats Beejay, I'm still in love with my swift DDiS after 2+ years and I definitely hope she'll be your darling for many years to come .

I was hoping to visit the showroom to check out the car but have been quite busy lately. Can someone shed some light on the boot space comparison between the old and new Swift. This has been the only big problem for me since I'm having trouble fitting more than one big suitcase comfortably in the boot, especially with the parcel tray holding the speakers at the back.

Is the new swift any better. Rumors had it that the new swift has smaller boot space than the previous one because the increased rear leg room. I'm not talking about pure litre capacity on spec sheet, because recently i had to travel in some indigo compact one where the wheel well was too deep and arranging the luggage was a nightmare.
debugged is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2011, 11:55   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adg_andy View Post
Wish it did not come with such a long waiting period.. only wish
Thanks, waiting periods more a hype. It varies even across dealers across the same city. Just go out and find out, wish you luck.
FYI, I booked in April 2011. But then the car was not even launched so this long wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BheemBoy View Post
Beejay,

We need some outdoor pictures of the car to do it full justice.

Cheers
Thanks, will post outdoor pics soon, all these are from my phone. Just wish I had a better cam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XLR8 View Post
Congrats Beejay!!

I hope they have done something about the rattles though.
Its too early to say. Fingers crossed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac187 View Post
Congrats on your new ride. Good choice, keeping in mind that its a brand new design and Maruti will not change the same for another 10 years! I am sure quite a few heads will turn when you drive. Enjoy the attention.

Regarding the glove box, something is surely wrong with it. Suggest you to get it checked with your A.S.S.
Thanks. Thats the exact resaon why i opted out of the i20.

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Hey congratulations on the new Swift!

The glove box indeed is odd; have it checked. Else, it is terrible design.

Now I have my doubts, but I checked the hinges and they are parallel to each other. I think its a design flaw or a wrong angle while I clicked the pic

That Auto button in the centre console is ACC, right? So, is the temp. adjusted with the rolling temp. knob?

Yes, its adjusted with the rolling knobs.

What do you find diff. in this Swift vis a vis the old one - design and looks wise? Agree, the back isn't very good to look at.

A lot though not much. I know its confusing. But this is very different from the old swift in ways more than one. The suspension is a definitely better than the previous one.

Talk about groping the power window switches - even the ANHC has a backlight only for driver window switch!

Thats sad and useless. Its a needed feature.
!
Quote:
Originally Posted by salunkhe.vizz View Post
Really neat set of wheels. I have been drooling for one since the first teasers came out.

I completely agree that the interiors, especially on the dashboard - are much more appealing then the exterior design. But neverthless, IMO it is a perfect package.

How much was the overall damage to your pocket ?

The old VDi was in the 6 Lakh range in Bengaluru right, how much is this one for on road ?
Thanks, this was 748 on road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Congratulations on getting the all new swift so soon!

I am surprised to know that VDi doesn't comes with ABS while previous gen used to have it as option.

Wishing you happy and safe driving.
Thanks, I booked in April and got delivered in the first lot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashok_lat View Post
Congrats on your new drive.

A few Questions for you.

1. How is the A/C performance compared to other Cars in segment(I don't think it comes with rear A/C Vents)?
2. I heard the old swift use to scrap its under-body in bumps. How different is new Swift?
1. The AC cools fast and is effecirent.
2. The wheel wells are big and even 15' wheels look small.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raosaheb Desai View Post
Congrats beejay,
WOW !!! Swift looks stunning in white.
More exterior pictures please. Review says driver seat in new swift has better bolstering compare to older one. Whats your observation?
Back support is better than the previous Swift, seats are very accommodating
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuel_addict View Post
Congrats beejay. Its wonderful to see a BHPian out with his own version of the Swift review in the absence of an official one. Your car looks awesome. I wish you has posted some pictures of the alloys too. I have booked the white ZDi too. And your pictures are very encouraging.

Can you share with us your impressions on the build quality so far? Any squeaks, rattles? I know its too premature to ask.

The high loading point of the boot is a concern but the boot looks much bigger in the picture you have posted. Could be an illusion.

No rear A/C vents. Old Swift never really had scrapping problems. The suspension setup was on the stiffer side and I believe the same has been retained in the new one with minor tweaks. I am hoping that the increased wheelbase will not cause under body scrapping.
Build quality looks okay, rattles to early to judge.
The boots not that small, but def smaller than the previous gen. But the loading lip is a problem.
Old 6th September 2011, 12:07   #21
BHPian

beejay, congratulations on your new ride.

Lack of illumination for power window switches is quite an inconvenience. Our I20 Sportz has it for all the doors and very helpful indeed.

The glovebox looks like something is wrong with it. Are you sure the glovebox has not actually conked off? Check this up with the service folks.

The ANSS looks smashing in white. Have a happy and safe drive for many many miles.
Old 6th September 2011, 12:45   #22
BHPian

Congrats beejay! White colour looks nice on new Swift. You are one of the lucky ones to get the delivery of this Beauty.
Looking at the MSIL plant issues, it will be a painful wait for most of the customers.
C300 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2011, 12:49   #23
Senior - BHPian

Congrats.
Zdi was the much missed version in the previous generation. I was not a fan of the new looks when I first say it. But gradually it is blending in.

Does it have rear wash wiper & defogger, driver seat height adj, or remote boot opening? And how is the ICE. I hear it has got 4 speakers + 2 tweeters!
Old 6th September 2011, 14:06   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by murillo View Post
beejay, congratulations on your new ride.

Lack of illumination for power window switches is quite an inconvenience. Our I20 Sportz has it for all the doors and very helpful indeed.

The glovebox looks like something is wrong with it. Are you sure the glovebox has not actually conked off? Check this up with the service folks.

The ANSS looks smashing in white. Have a happy and safe drive for many many miles.
Thank you. I totally agree, illumination for the power windows is a definite must.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxyzen View Post
Congrats.
Zdi was the much missed version in the previous generation. I was not a fan of the new looks when I first say it. But gradually it is blending in.

Does it have rear wash wiper & defogger, driver seat height adj, or remote boot opening? And how is the ICE. I hear it has got 4 speakers + 2 tweeters!
Yes it has the above. The ice is really something. Impressive for oe.
Old 6th September 2011, 14:07   #25
BHPian

Congrats on your new white lightening. Great color and a great car to own from the Maruti stable. One of the few who have got a quick delivery. (Maruti standards) Looking forward to reading your long term owner ship reports. Take care ride safe.

Do you plan to upgrade the stock ICE?
Old 6th September 2011, 14:09   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arup.misra View Post
Congrats on your new white lightening. Great color and a great car to own from the Maruti stable. One of the few who have got a quick delivery. (Maruti standards) Looking forward to reading your long term owner ship reports. Take care ride safe.

Do you plan to upgrade the stock ICE?
Thank you, I have a few things in mind. The first being 16" wheels. I am sticking with the Oe ice set up.
Old 6th September 2011, 14:25   #27
Senior - BHPian

Congrats man, seems like this is the beginning of the many new Swifts on TBHP! Post a detailed review on the ride/handling etc. And some decent snaps. Not that they are bad, but better than these.
Old 6th September 2011, 15:38   #28
BHPian

Hey Congrats on you new swift ! Looks awesome !

Let me know when you sell your OEM Tyre & allows , I am planning to book a Ldi , would love to pick up your alloys.

OT : Mods when can we expect a official test drive report , actually am waiting to book the car only after the TBhp review... Thanks.
Old 6th September 2011, 15:46   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats for your new ride. You are a man of your words,you posted the initial review as you had promised.

The new Swift looks stunning in white(though people say that the color is plain jane, i like it). It looks similar to the older Swift and yet looks different.
The all black interiors are too good to be true and the plastics seems good too. I quite agree that the rear end looks gawky yet those lamps just mesmerize me,also i love the roof antenna-it gives a sporty look.
Lastly, those alloys are stunning and are leagues ahead of the older Swift's OE alloys.

A more detailed analysis awaited. Please post some interior pics with the back lights on,want to see the overall effect on the dash and Odo console.

Enjoy your new ride. Best wishes
Old 6th September 2011, 15:49   #30
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on your new Swift! Its a beauty to see in White!

Have you got a chance to check the initial mileage?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks