Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2012, 15:06   #76
BHPian

re: Turbulence and the Renault Fluence EDIT: 4500 kms & a few interior pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASTRIKX View Post
Ramesh, Its really nice to know that you are enjoying your 'Turbulent' Fluence. Also good to know that you have not faced any problems as on date. However I would like to know, since you mentioned the clutch, don't you think the Clutch would wear out pretty quick if you change gears with a half clutch ? Is is THAT hard that you find it uncomfortable to depress the clutch ? Also, you had mentioned a lot a good points about the car, but could you please list a few negatives as well, if any. lolz. I am seriously considering buying the Fluence when the upgraded Diesel gets launched. I hope it's a better buy that the Skoda Laura, Volkswagen Jetta or the Toyota Altis. Whats your take on it ?.
Hi Astrikx,
Upgraded diesel Fluence has been launched with a few added features. They are also offering optional leather seats in good prices. I think the upgraded diesel costs a lakh more than the E2.
Old 20th January 2012, 15:15   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameshdude View Post
Hi Astrikx,
Upgraded diesel Fluence has been launched with a few added features. They are also offering optional leather seats in good prices. I think the upgraded diesel costs a lakh more than the E2.
Leather Seats are standard fitments only and not Optional.
Renault - Equipments

The only issue with this car is the Engine. For it's size the Engine is punny.
Old 20th January 2012, 20:28   #78

Hey Ramesh, I've already got the E4 Renault Fluence Diesel. Will update you on the details in a short while. Thank you for the information. Really appreciate it.
Old 20th January 2012, 22:04   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASTRIKX View Post
Hey Ramesh, I've already got the E4 Renault Fluence Diesel. Will update you on the details in a short while. Thank you for the information. Really appreciate it.
Congrats Astrikx.
Finally i got some company here! Been getting bashed alone for some time! Do post some pictures and further details. How has been the dealings so far? Do start an ownership thread,if you have the time.
Old 13th February 2012, 01:01   #80
BHPian

Hi Ramesh

An excellent ownership thread this is!

I have been looking for a car since the last 4 months. Booked the XUV, but was always unsure. Test drove the Jetta, but thought it doesnt justify the cost mainly because it looks almost identical to the Vento. Was never a fan of Skoda. And Didnt want to buy the Altis, since I already have a Corolla.

The Fluence is an absolute beauty. But Renault in India is still not proven. Have been thinking about a test drive since a couple of weeks. And today I went for one. And I was just floored by the car. True, there is a fair amount of turbo lag. But I feel that once you are used to the behavior, it wont be a problem. Clutch and gear shift were smooth. And the build quality is just amazing. The bonnet is super heavy!

To be frank, am thinking of getting the Diesel E4 Fluence. Would be gratefeul if you could help me with some basic queries:

- How is the drive in bumper to bumper traffic? Is it hard on the knees?
- How has your service experience been so far?
- Is there any major issue you have faced till date?
- Would you recommend the Fluence?

Thanks!
ganeshram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2012, 08:50   #81
Team-BHP Support

Vid6639 and I test drove the Fluence a few weeks backs and were improessed. It does not have the performance but on all other counts it is a brilliant package. Go for the fully loaded one. We also analysed the services costs and parts. They are very competitive.

Renault are quietly ramping up on service points to cope with the forthcoming duster demand
ajmat is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th February 2012, 16:32   #82
BHPian

Hi Ganeshram,

I have done 4500 kms so far in my Fluence. There has been no niggling issues or rattles or any major issues.

The 2nd and the 3rd gears, really pulls the car ahead and quickly too.

The car is heavy all around. The doors open wide,and close with a thud.

The ride is smooth. The noise level is less too compared to other cars. You don't have to change anything. Good powerful headlamps. Five alloys wheels and tyres 205/60 R16.
Only thing you might want to add later is a tuning box.

4 years warranty.

The clutch is a wee bit on the harder side. But not so much as to hurt our knees in city traffic.
The service personnel are good too. I told them, recently.i would like to have rear air con,they told me,to wait for some time ,they would study the E4 and do the best for me. They have been helpful throughout.

The Fluence is still CKD versions,that is the reason for the higher cost. But then you get the same car,that they sell in Europe. Good quality stuff.

I feel Renault is here to stay. Their engine is a time tested one.

Yes,I would recommend Fluence, if you are looking for a comfortable and spacious sedan. Soft touch interiors and pleasing to eyes.

E4 comes with all bells and whistles.
Rameshdude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2012, 08:47   #83
Team-BHP Support

Ramesh, how is the Fluence coping up with the roads in Cochin? And does the car have underbody protection – like those seen in the Laura / Linea?
GC of 170mm looks adequate, but any issues on that front so far? Thanks!
Old 14th February 2012, 13:49   #84
BHPian

Hi VbSan,
Fluence handles the pot holes nicely out here. The ride is smooth. When we had been on a trip to Mysore, it didn't even once scrape those huge humps in Karnataka.

I am not sure about the underbody protection in Fluence.
Old 26th February 2012, 15:35   #85
BHPian

Hello guys, a small update.

Have completed about 4600 kms. Though for last few weeks,not able to take it to the highways. I feel the car has become smoother and quicker. Feel so easy to drive. Maybe i have got accustomed with the car. So far a pleasure to drive with no issues yet.

With city drive for some days,my average speed is just 20 km/hr !

Have attached a few pics,though quite common in many cars nowadays.

Full access to the boot from the rear seat.

A light on top of the sun visor,which lits up as i slide open the blind for the mirror.
Attached Thumbnails
Turbulence and the Renault Fluence EDIT: 4500 kms & a few interior pics-20120226-12.27.43b.jpg  

Turbulence and the Renault Fluence EDIT: 4500 kms & a few interior pics-20120226-12.26.47b.jpg  

Turbulence and the Renault Fluence EDIT: 4500 kms & a few interior pics-20120226-12.25.35-b.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 17th April 2012, 08:15   #86
BHPian

Re: Turbulence and the Renault Fluence EDIT: 4500 kms & a few interior pics

Guys,
Had been to Wayanad during the Easter weekend. The trip was good,attaching a nice pic of the car.
If anyone is interested in wildlife photos,please click this link.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ml#post2745462
Attached Thumbnails
Turbulence and the Renault Fluence EDIT: 4500 kms & a few interior pics-p1040976b.jpg  

Old 17th April 2012, 08:39   #87
BHPian

Note from Mod : Lets please refrain from discussing high speeds and also posting pictures of same. Thanks for your co-operation.

Had been to Salem last weekend. The Trichur to Erode stretch was mostly single lane with heavy traffic(except for Coimbatore bypass). Kochi to Trichur and Erode to Salem road was excellent.
I could really test the speed and stability of Fluence in the Erode to Salem route. The car was solid and well planted on the road. Generally i don't drive rashly. Anyway Kerala cops are strict,and will fine if we cross 80 km/hr. There are many in the forum,who have apprehensions about the capability of this 1.5 Lit engine in such a heavy and big car. I do agree there is a bit of turbo lag.

I got a mileage of 20.4 kms/lit onward trip. Just Imagine,Kochi to Coimbatore(160 kms) in just 8 llit of diesel ! The mileage averaged to 17.7 kms/lit in the whole trip.

I have covered 7200 kms in a span of 8 months.(Was buying a diesel car justifiable?).

The car so far has been trouble free, and first service is only at 10k kms. The issues are,
It is such a huge car to drive in the city.
The clutch is little hard. (common to all diesel cars,i suppose).
The initial turbo lag.
Attached Thumbnails
Turbulence and the Renault Fluence EDIT: 4500 kms & a few interior pics-p1050078b.jpg  

Turbulence and the Renault Fluence EDIT: 4500 kms & a few interior pics-p1050098b.jpg  

Last edited by GTO : 18th April 2012 at 12:11. Reason: Do NOT post text or pictures of speeding on public roads
Old 17th April 2012, 10:55   #88
Team-BHP Support

That’s pretty impressive figures Ramesh, especially for a car of this size. Good to know that the Fluence is treating you well. Drive safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameshdude
I have covered 7200 kms in a span of 8 months.(Was buying a diesel car justifiable?).
I think so. Atleast you don’t have to deal with the heartburn while filling up a tank-full petrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameshdude
It is indeed quite a big car, but how difficult is it drive around in Cochin, especially those narrow by-lanes and residential area?

Note: I would suggest to get the speedo picture taken off.

Last edited by GTO : 18th April 2012 at 12:12. Reason: Quoted post deleted
Old 17th April 2012, 11:30   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameshdude View Post

The car so far has been trouble free, and first service is only at 10k kms. The issues are,
The clutch is little hard. (common to all diesel cars,i suppose).
The initial turbo lag.
Good to see your fluence after a break Ramesh. Its definitely a big sedan for our smaller city roads. How bad is the initial turbo lag? Are frequent downshift necessary?
Old 17th April 2012, 19:49   #90
BHPian

The steering is very light in Fluence and driving about within the narrow roads is fine. Small turning radius too. We can easily manage in 3rd gear. There are two problems,
At times,I use our Jazz within the city, and that car is a breeze to navigate around!but then each pothole the jazz goes through, it hits your spine!
Secondly, the size. BMW 3 series and Fluence size are almost same.
Mods, please delete the speedo pic, thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks